Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: I am annoyed

  1. #21
    I have tested with my friend RCT World. There is the same problem with the FPS as with me. Camera over the park he has 60 FPS and when I ride with the roller coaster it is max. 45 fps and min. 32 fps. So there really has to be something changed.

  2. #22
    It is well documented that the game is far from optimised and possibly never will be as well optimised as other games. But lets look at some numbers - frontier has in the region of 300 staff whilst Nvizzio has somewhere in the region of 50-100 after expansion during this Summer (when they were formed in January of 2015 they only had 15-20 employees) and Frontier also is in a much better position as they are publisher and developer so have more creative freedom. so is it any surprise there is such a difference between the two games?
    They are still working towards an upgrade of the game engine which will hopefully bring performance improvements with it.

  3. #23
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    419
    It is true Frontier has about 10 more years experience with RCT and Park types game than NVIZZIO, and that PC is about 3 years in advance in developpement, so they had time to optimize it. They also have twice as much people working on the code and game as NVIZZIO. In that matter, Frontier will always be ahead.

    That being said, it's also a fact that picking up where RCT3 was left is probably much harder than it will ever be for PC starting from scratch and strong experience with RCT previous opus, since the historical background and all the story that came after soak and wild... hum, well!

    With that in mind, PC still needs to proove itself as it has NO FRANCHISE BACKGROUND HISTORY, and also especially for the future buisness model, which is heading crash course with micro-downloading culture, and constant paying for the smallest new asset(This is what I ear, I may be wrong!). As for RCTW, it's taking the opposite course, with very strong backround, emotionnal history, long running franchise continuity and filling tycoons with ''included'' free content, as been looking for major expansions/updates(we'll most likely have to pay for full expansions in the future, as we did for soak or wild), over micro. We have already got a taste, all included since Early Access release, and nothing in paid DLC.

    So at the moment, it is true that RCTW may not be optimized, but certainly will in the future, as this franchise is known to be strong. It took about three years to get full swing going for RCT3, and looking like the same at moment for PC, so RCTW still has two years to come with it, if my calculations are correct.

    With all of this, NVIZZIO is doing an amazing job catching up on some aspects of the game, so it may have to delay other as the ressources are tight for a big World project like this game.

    We'll have many more discussions here, for years to come. Soon, we'll laugh about what is here now, will be forgotten, archive on this forum, as the game will keep us busy for a while. At which point, most of us will want a new high end gaming desktop computer to run all the fine assets we'll get, both from NVIZZIO and fan made items(UGC). Just a little more time will do.

    I wish a long life to RCTW, and success for NVIZZIO and Atari. I also wish great pleasure to all Tycoons, new, returning and masters.
    Thank you, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 10-15-2016 at 06:30 AM.

  4. #24
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    809
    You guys are missing something important and that is that RCTW was hyped up to be a AAA game and the BEST EVER RCT game and on top of that it also has a higher price point.

    There is also absolutely no way this game has a future if it launches in the current state, which is exactly what Atari is promising to do as they are rushing it out before end of this year. With the current reviews on steam and the harsh critics it will get from mainstream reviewing sites will completely crush any chance of success.

  5. #25
    Super Member magicart87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,843
    RCTW has always had the potential to be AAA. Nvizzio could and still can deliver that quality but Atari in their quest to save money opted to go with a few inexperienced developers early on which crippled any chances of Nvizzio having the time (funding) to make the game as good as it could be.

    Had Nvizzio worked on this from the very start... Just as long as Frontier; It would be AAA.

    A quality full-featured game takes time. Time = money.

    Anyone that thinks this game is not ready for launch needs to voice there concerns at Atari! Please tell them to delay launch!

  6. #26
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    RCTW has always had the potential to be AAA. Nvizzio could and still can deliver that quality but Atari in their quest to save money opted to go with a few inexperienced developers early on which crippled any chances of Nvizzio having the time (funding) to make the game as good as it could be.

    Had Nvizzio worked on this from the very start... Just as long as Frontier; It would be AAA.

    A quality full-featured game takes time. Time = money.

    Anyone that thinks this game is not ready for launch needs to voice there concerns at Atari! Please tell them to delay launch!
    Kind of hard when Nvizzio is not a AAA studio. They are also responsible for most of the game we see today, as they had develop pretty much everything from scratch including the assets and those do no scream AAA quality either.
    If anything the early footage we saw from pipeworks looked much more polished even though that was definitely not 2016 AAA material either.

    But I definitely agree about more development time being badly needed.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    Had Nvizzio worked on this from the very start... Just as long as Frontier; It would be AAA.
    I highly doubt that

  8. #28
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorgadget View Post
    I highly doubt that
    lol, its been a year and ride physics / animations still haven't been fixed :P

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    It is well documented that the game is far from optimised and possibly never will be as well optimised as other games. But lets look at some numbers - frontier has in the region of 300 staff whilst Nvizzio has somewhere in the region of 50-100 after expansion during this Summer (when they were formed in January of 2015 they only had 15-20 employees) and Frontier also is in a much better position as they are publisher and developer so have more creative freedom. so is it any surprise there is such a difference between the two games?
    They are still working towards an upgrade of the game engine which will hopefully bring performance improvements with it.
    Some feedback on this. Frontier as a development studio has something like 300 staff overall (now, not last year), but not even half of them are actively working on Planet Coaster. Remember that they are actively developing and maintaining their main IP, which is Elite Dangerous, not this.

    Of course, the point still stands. Nvissio has had neither the manpower, nor the resources or creative freedom that Frontier have enjoyed on their respective development project. Moreover, Nvissio also had to work on and utilize parts of existing code-base from other developers/contractors that left the project. RCTW has a long and arduous development history after all.

    You cannot really judge the projects on an even basis.
    Last edited by Dante80; 10-21-2016 at 12:55 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante80 View Post
    Some feedback on this. Frontier as a development studio has something like 300 staff overall (now, not last year), but not even half of them are actively working on Planet Coaster. Remember that they are actively developing and maintaining their main IP, which is Elite Dangerous, not this.

    Of course, the point still stands. Nvissio has had neither the manpower, nor the resources or creative freedom that Frontier have enjoyed on their respective development project. You cannot really judge the projects on an even basis.
    I get they have their other game and other things they will be doing but your last paragraph was basically what I was getting at.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us