Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Good Job On Update 11!

  1. #1

    Good Job On Update 11!

    Let me get this out of the way first. I know must people will get triggered and freak out because I'm about to give Nvizzio a compliment. Chill out. Yes I know there's tons of problems with the game, yes I know it's far from completion. I normally am pessimistic about this game myself, but don't really show it on the forums because that's about 99% of what every post already is. I still have hope in this game though, and the last update...well, let me get into that.

    The game had been extremely laggy for me since the beginning of EA. Load times have been excruciatingly long. Crashes were not uncommon. Freezing even more common. After booting up the game after Update 11 though, I had my first noticeable difference. Load times were better (especially main menu). Loading a game is still ridiculously long (near 10 minutes for a small park...), but that's still an improvement over my old time believe it or not. I used to often crash after it finished loading a park; haven't experienced that since the update. In fact I haven't crashed once, and maybe only froze 1 or 2 times--a miracle!! The lagging is also significantly down, to the point I've actually been having some fun playing...because I can actually play!

    I only have a midrange laptop specs wise at best though, and so play the game near min graphics, so take that into account. With that said, the game still doesn't sound great, I admit. It's a significant improvement though and has led to me probably doubling my hours-worth time played in the past couple weeks compared to months. If Nvizzio can keep up with large improvements like this, there's no reason the game can't run smooth on a wide range of computers one day. IF.

    As for the content in the update...obviously the best addition so far! The PxP building is quick and easy to grasp. Nice range of pieces to start with, and if they add more to this feature as promised, it will only get better. I'm most anxious for new themes. Also loving the tile placement over paths for interactive-ish (totally a word) buildings!

    So I just want to end by saying: Good job Nvizzio!
    Now give us more updates like this and maybe we will actually get the game to be the greatest ever RCT experience that Mattlab always talked about.
    Last edited by Hersheypark2011; 09-18-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersheypark2011 View Post
    Let me get this out of the way first. I know must people will get triggered and freak out because I'm about to give Nvizzio a compliment. Chill out. Yes I know there's tons of problems with the game, yes I know it's far from completion. I normally am pessimistic about this game myself, but don't really show it on the forums because that's about 99% of what every post already is. I still have hope in this game though, and the last update...well, let me get into that.

    The game had been extremely laggy for me since the beginning of EA. Load times have been excruciatingly long. Crashes were not uncommon. Freezing even more common. After booting up the game after Update 11 though, I had my first noticeable difference. Load times were better (especially main menu). Loading a game is still ridiculously long (near 10 minutes for a small park...), but that's still an improvement over my old time believe it or not. I used to often crash after it finished loading a park; haven't experienced that since the update. In fact I haven't crashed once, and maybe only froze 1 or 2 times--a miracle!! The lagging is also significantly down, to the point I've actually been having some fun playing...because I can actually play!

    I only have a midrange laptop specs wise at best though, and so play the game near min graphics, so take that into account. With that said, the game still doesn't sound great, I admit. It's a significant improvement though and has led to me probably doubling my hours-worth time played in the past couple weeks compared to months. If Nvizzio can keep up with large improvements like this, there's no reason the game can't run smooth on a wide range of computers one day. IF.

    As for the content in the update...obviously the best addition so far! The PxP building is quick and easy to grasp. Nice range of pieces to start with, and if they add more to this feature as promised, it will only get better. I'm most anxious for new themes. Also loving the tile placement over paths for interactive-ish (totally a word) buildings!

    So I just want to end by saying: Good job Nvizzio!
    Now give us more updates like this and maybe we will actually get the game to be the greatest ever RCT experience that Mattlab always talked about.
    Oh my gosh! So true! I super enjoy the game. I did not really see the loading times get any better in Update 11 honestly but the game really is improving and I am starting to have a lot of fun playing it. I have spend well over 400 hours playing the game and I can't stop playing it. The PXP building is really cool and I love how its set up. Now their next step needs to be peeps and performance. Then after that transport and water rides ^_^.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuggster View Post
    Oh my gosh! So true! I super enjoy the game. I did not really see the loading times get any better in Update 11 honestly but the game really is improving and I am starting to have a lot of fun playing it. I have spend well over 400 hours playing the game and I can't stop playing it. The PXP building is really cool and I love how its set up. Now their next step needs to be peeps and performance. Then after that transport and water rides ^_^.
    Same order of priority for me. Just hope lots of smaller things aren't missed either (like recolorable flatrides). I've only spent around 20 hours (my Steam tracker is glitched, no idea the real time). I spent 3 hours last night though mainly on 1 PxP building, so I can easily get sucked into it. Lots of other games vying for my free time atm. As for loading times, that's just my experience on my computer. I'm sure there's many players, possibly most, who didn't get any improvement, but Nvizzio obviously did something.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersheypark2011 View Post
    Same order of priority for me. Just hope lots of smaller things aren't missed either (like recolorable flatrides). I've only spent around 20 hours (my Steam tracker is glitched, no idea the real time). I spent 3 hours last night though mainly on 1 PxP building, so I can easily get sucked into it. Lots of other games vying for my free time atm. As for loading times, that's just my experience on my computer. I'm sure there's many players, possibly most, who didn't get any improvement, but Nvizzio obviously did something.
    Yes!! Recolor-able flat rides are so needed! I would love to be able to do that. I spend a LOT of time on PxP buildings. They truly suck me into the game too. I really like the management too though. I have always been a scenario junkie. I like having goals to work towards too.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuggster View Post
    Yes!! Recolor-able flat rides are so needed! I would love to be able to do that. I spend a LOT of time on PxP buildings. They truly suck me into the game too. I really like the management too though. I have always been a scenario junkie. I like having goals to work towards too.
    I'm the same way! Having to work through a scenario first and beat it just makes finishing out that entire park afterward much more rewarding, and because you earned every cent that was spent. Not that I don't do sandbox too :P

  6. #6
    Park Patron
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,257
    Hm I didn't really pay attention to loading times, but I do love the PxP builder so far!

  7. #7
    Gread thread, it's nice to hear other people enjoying the game like myself, I love the PxP and hoping to add some stuff to the workshop at some point. The visuals are very nice and it's encouraging to see progress being made with every update, just wondering when the next update wil be as I though it was suppose to be last week.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TycoonFury View Post
    Gread thread, it's nice to hear other people enjoying the game like myself, I love the PxP and hoping to add some stuff to the workshop at some point. The visuals are very nice and it's encouraging to see progress being made with every update, just wondering when the next update will be as I though it was suppose to be last week.
    Yes I have been thinking that too. I am hoping that like the last update, that is it something worth waiting for that is going to be really good. I would prefer the longer waits for something awesome then the shorter updates that did not include super big news.

  9. #9
    I know that they had previously been releasing an update everu two weeks but i dont recall there ever being an official we will update every two weeks a announcement. We had to wait a month between update 10 and 11, i just hope they have heard what weve said elsewhere about slowing down the speed of the updates to try and make them more meaningful

  10. #10

    True

    Quote Originally Posted by Hersheypark2011 View Post
    Same order of priority for me. Just hope lots of smaller things aren't missed either (like recolorable flatrides).
    This and Costum music are those small but important features they're still missing (there is probably more but i find these the most important ones)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good Job RCTW!
    By rctwrocks in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 02:24 AM
  2. Good job Nvizzio
    By bizarro in forum Early Access Sub Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 04:51 PM
  3. Any other good sim games like RCT?
    By gannondork14 in forum Community Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us