Thread: PxP Crashes and become unresponcive

Angry PxP Crashes and become unresponcive

Saving a blueprint and exiting the game seems to be crashing the PxP builder at the moment..

Loaded a game with a blueprint saved or a saved game with a building, clicked on the blueprint to edit it and the PxP opens. You can see all the components and click on them to select them but when you go to place them in game nothing happens... the piece doesn't show up in game.

Tried a restart on the game and have the same issue.

Verified the game several times.. it started to work but then doesn't save the blueprint or finish and exit the PxP Builder.. you are stuck in the builder..

These are the game files..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m5ko0jfjq5kjzi/PxP1.zip?dl=0

Does it kill the rest of the UI aswell? Ie move/bulldoze/asset menus dont work and if you try to quit to main menu you just get the left hand column of the 'Esc' menu in the centre of the screen? Had a similar bug with the group UI panel which they couldn't reproduce

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    Does it kill the rest of the UI aswell? Ie move/bulldoze/asset menus dont work and if you try to quit to main menu you just get the left hand column of the 'Esc' menu in the centre of the screen? Had a similar bug with the group UI panel which they couldn't reproduce
    I am using my own UGC and one from steam. I am going to try and build it from scratch tonight to see if it is the blueprint that has become corrupt. Generally the PxP crashes alot and I had an old crash where by the exit menu became locked in the middle of the screen. I had to exit the game via task manager and restart completely.

My partner who was playing the game and not doing anything anywhere near as detailed had a crash where by the Finish buttton became locked onto the screen and despite exiting the build it was still there. My theory is that it is the PXP aspect of the game that is still in alpha. The PxP is sometimes unresponsive when you go to click on it and it takes a while to load. The general issue is everything around PxP atm. Very very very rarely do I have a crash in the rest of the game or have done so through out the Early Access.

I really want to do the PxP in the game justice but it is annoying if it crashes for every little reason. I have noticed a lot of lag since the PxP aspect has arrived.

Little tip if you get the issue i described above with the menu in the middle - the only button that seems to still work is the quit to desktop button.

In the patch notes they did say it was an alpha version of PxP and certainly doesn't feel very stable at times if you try to do something like what i showed you with the rocks, or combining UGC or scenery objects with the PxP system