Thread: RCT1 on Youtube - Permission?

Exclamation RCT1 on Youtube - Permission?

Hey RCT fans,

I have a small YT channel with over 600 subs where I play RCT 1 (+ LL). My aim is, to finish successfully all scenarios (at the moment, I'm done with 25 % of the scenarios).
    RCT is one of the most popular games on my channel and has also a lot of user interaction (like "can you build this or that?").

Since a long time i want a official permission from Atari or whoever is the owner of the rights of RCT.
    Because of that question, I wrote to the Atari-Support over a year ago. The result: Some reminders from me and a "we have forwarded your concern to the appropriate department" mail, but no answer. I wrote again three months ago... no answer.

Now I ask here: Who can I ask for a permisson? Do I need one at all? Because when I see, how many RCT videos are on Youtube, from small Youtubers to the huge ones... I can't believe they all have a permission. Maybe Atari or whoever is the owner of the rights does not care about that?

Just to clarify: I don't want to earn money with the videos (yeah, my channel is way to small to earn a meaningful amount of money), I play the game on my channel only for the entertainment of my viewers.

Thank you.

Sure, Go ahead! RollerCoaster Tycoon is meant to be showcased! Show off your parks, coasters and more!

Be sure to check out the RCT1 Creativity section to share your Youtube vids.
    https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...?28-Creativity