Thread: crashing/freezes while loading park

crashing/freezes while loading park

It sucks to pay $40 for a game that doesn't work on anything. I have a new laptop and this was the 1st game I've purchased for $$.
    After It wouldnt work, I went online to see if there were problems. Turns out I'm not the only one. I've followed all these half assed fixes to no resolve. Even tried to run it w/ win. 7, win.8, win. Vista, win. 10. I need help, or a refund. I also didn't know the game was early access. Didn't say so on the packaging so I figured $40 New game off the shelf would mean a full working game. Please. HELP!
    Thank you.
    Tom

hi and welcome to the forum
    before this thread totally derails a few points:
    What are the specs on your laptop and do they meet the minimum specs for the game, at present it is extremely hardware intensive, for example on my machine it takes 4GB of RAM just to boot the game and the game is not supported on integrated graphics chipsets.
    What is the exact nature of the crash? Loading times can be quite slow and there was an issue with the game crashing at 57% loaded
    (solution to that one is here 57% Crash - WORKING SOLUTION!
    Okay. I've spent hours trying to get into RCTW but the game always crashed when the loading got to 57%.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION

1. Open Steam library
    2. Right-click RollerCoaster Tycoon World
    3. Select Properties
    4. In the "General" tab, click Set Launch Options
    5. In the box provided type "-force-d3d9" (without the quote symbols)
    6. Hit Ok & Close
    7. Launch your game
    )
    what would be most helpful for the devs would be if you could do a couple of things
    Firstly log this in the Early Access Bug Tracker (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...ss-Bug-Tracker)
    Within your bug report include the following: a copy of your DXDiag and your most recent game log file from this folder: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\RollerCoaster Tycoon World\Logs where YOURNAME is your username for your laptop.

If you have any questions about what I've said or any other questions feel free to send me a DM and I'll try and help (I'm not an Atari rep or dev just someone who plays the game)

On the issue of the box/Early Access this is something there have been a number of discussions on - there is a TINY TINY reference to the game being Early Access in the grey box on the back of the box about Steam and I hope that we an leave that topic at that.