Thread: Cannot Build Staff Buildings - All Building Options Lock Up

Angry Cannot Build Staff Buildings - All Building Options Lock Up

In any game mode (Sandbox or Scenario or Campaign):

I click Buildings>Staff> then hover over a building that I want and it shows a thumbnail of the building. When I click though it all goes to crap. No building shows up when I bring the mouse out to the map. I've tried double clicking, dragging, everything.

Then as soon as I click any other tab on the bottom bar to build something it won't show what I selected. Effectively I have to restart the entire game after I select any staff building.

All my rides end up breaking down and I can't hire any mechanics.

Do you have the PxP or grouping UI in the bottom left open when you select the staff building? I am aware of a bug which seems to crash the entire UI when you have that open

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    Do you have the PxP or grouping UI in the bottom left open when you select the staff building? I am aware of a bug which seems to crash the entire UI when you have that open
    Hmm, not sure what PxP or Grouping UI is?

Piece by piece or object grouping user interfaces

Yes I reported this bug too last month and it happened after update #9.
    The developpers have not been able to reproduce the bug and sadly have closed the topic; so I guess the problem will not be solved before a long time.
    I take the occasion to remind to the developper that they should correct all the problems before implementing new stuff wich are also buggued, that would be helpfull for everyone.

http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com...5982#post95982

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Yes I reported this bug too last month and it happened after update #9.
    The developpers have not been able to reproduce the bug and sadly have closed the topic; so I guess the problem will not be solved before a long time.
    I take the occasion to remind to the developper that they should correct all the problems before implementing new stuff wich are also buggued, that would be helpfull for everyone.

http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com...5982#post95982
    If they cant recreate the bug its hard for them to fix it. Have you provided the save files and logs for the developers to look at?
    I had a bug which they couldnt reproduce but as i provided logs they were able to work out what was causing it and fix it

I gave a description of the steps, that should be enough for them to know wich segments of code they have to look in;

Now effectively i didn't send any logs, first because I didn't thought to it; but also I don't know how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    I gave a description of the steps, that should be enough for them to know wich segments of code they have to look in;

Now effectively i didn't send any logs, first because I didn't thought to it; but also I don't know how to do it
    You can find logs either on one of those:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RollerCoaster Tycoon World\Logs
    • C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\Rollercoaster Tycoon World\Logs

And also an additional log only from the last time you opened the game on:

...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RollerCoaster Tycoon World\RollerCoaster Tycoon World_Data\output_log.txt

Make sure to also include your DxDiag, you can do so by going to windows menu, searching for "run" and write "DxDiag" in the run box, then saving the file to your desired destination.

Greetings!

Finaly fixed in last update!
    Thanks developers!