Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack Ideas...

I think the Resort, and festival would be an excellent new idea for an expansion, I mean what's a theme park without a good resort nearby. Think about it wouldn't it be disappointing to go to disneyland only to realize "there are absolutely NO hotels nearby" and you'd have to drive all the way back home, with the resort expansion perhaps you could have a resort nearby just like disneyland does with they're california adventure where it's literally inside the park. Also would bring in more people to the park and enhance the realism of running a park. The festival idea is amazing. Decorations during certain holidays, a food festival in spring, summer concerts, Halloween decorations where the park has people running around and scaring other park goers, Christmas time would have a christmas like theme. Fantastic idea. However I have a little idea that I think was missed from the last roller coaster tycoon game.

An expansion with real life parks tied to it. I remember roller coaster tycoon 2 having six flags themed stuff in it. I'd love to see and expansion with six flags rides, disneyland/disneyworld stuff, or universal studios stuff. It's a huge stretch but i'd absolutely love to be able to do scenarios with disneyland, six flags, or universal studios themed stuff in it. Like I said huge stretch, but would be amazing to see Mickey mouse themed stuff.

expansions are old school now but DLC's are the way to go.

While we now know Disneyland as the place with the Grand Californian Hotel, and it is surrounded on nearly every side by cheap rate hotels. We know Disney World with integrated resort hotels and many other Amusement venues have hotels either on the extended property, or right next door. Such was not always the case.

The Disney Hotel at Disneyland, connected by Monorail to the park, was owned by Jack Wrather and the Wrather Corp (I even chipped my tooth at the waterslide on the property sometime in the early 70s there) The Disney Company finally did buy the property.

The thing is, running an amusement park is vastly different then running a Hotel.

If you owned Hotel Tycoon, you probably would not clamor to add the Amusement Park addition

With Hotel management, your rides and attractions are a much more limited. You have suites, super suites, King, Queen, and twin rooms. You have the private bar floor, you have a few bars, a gym a pool, tennis court, some restaurants. A florist ship, a souvenir shop, a spa, a beauty salon, a barber shop the newstand, and now I am running out of ideas to be creative to suggest new "rides" and attractions.

But the thing we struggled with before is the time scale. Hotels you return to and sleep at during the night. So to make that seem workable, our Peeps have to start caring about when it becomes night which under RCT3 Peep Psychology they do not care about. With a hotel, if they are staying at, they need to hustle back to it and get their 6 hours of sleep, and if a resort, you want them there for more hours than 6 so they dine at the restaurant, go to the spa, etc.

If Hotels show up, I hope that Area 52 has thought of all these implications, but if they are still a thought for later, I hope we all have a great deal of time to discuss this and really get a handle on how to make this work. So far I do not believe anyone has yet nailed how best to make this work.

My only hope really is that, if they do DLC/expansions, they include themes that are a lot more fleshed out than the ones they did for 3. It was irritating to only get a handful of themed items. Then, if they implement the fpv perspective for visiting other parks as a peep, I hope we don't have to download items just to be able to see parks that have been fully built out using dlc though I understand having to have the dlc for downloading someone else's park.

Personally I imagine DLC will be Theme Packs which will include
    - New Coasters/Cars
    - New Rides & Themed Rides
    - New Shops
    - New Scenery
    - New Mascot
    - New Career Scenarios
    - New Map Themes

Considering the game is only shipping with four themes I reckon we'll be seeing Themes Like Horror, Waterpark/Atlantis, Jurassic etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt.Luek View Post
    Personally I imagine DLC will be Theme Packs which will include
    - New Coasters/Cars
    - New Rides & Themed Rides
    - New Shops
    - New Scenery
    - New Mascot
    - New Career Scenarios
    - New Map Themes

Considering the game is only shipping with four themes I reckon we'll be seeing Themes Like Horror, Waterpark/Atlantis, Jurassic etc etc.
    Wouldn't it be nice for Atari to share their intended business model? (Hint hint nudge nudge).

I agree adding new themes via smaller dlcs is most likely. If they go for expansions, hopefully they add new features in addition to new objects. Soaked and wild were big hits mostly because they added pools and animals. I dont think they would have been as popular if they only added safari theming and the things like the soaker coaster.

I have a sneaking suspicion they might follow the same business model as The Sims. A simple base game (see only 4 themes), but frequent release of stuff packs (dlc of new themes) and expansions (new features like resorts in the sims island paradise expansion or waterparks in rct3 soaked).

Im not a fan of this model, I like games to be epic in their own right (see dragon age inquisition), but there is a trend toward frequent dlc and expansions. The problem with this model is that if you don't make the base game appealing enough, you won't have the market for more content thru dlc and expansions.
    Last edited by Riddly; 12-19-2014 at 04:57 PM.

I'm okay with DLC, but like expansion packs better.
    I'm not interested in Hotels/Resorts, but I do like Soaked, Wild, and maybe Festivals.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 12-19-2014 at 05:33 PM.

For the resort thing: there could like hotels that include things to be built on them including more rooms and parking lots

Yes. That is perfect.

NO DLC's!! Expansion Packs Only!!

Do you trust us to buy the game? Because if it's good we will in a heartbeat!

Please don't "Sim City It" and put a bunch of DLC times into a game!

If you add new content, make it a large expansion pack that's actually worth it!

While it might seem that DLC's are an easy way for max profits, it really hurts the community. Were all willing to shell out $60 for this game and dont want to be wheeled and deeled into paying up every time we start our computers.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast