Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack Ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by pHScale View Post
    But I do think the game will need to evolve and change more often and in more ways than a few DLC patches can keep up with. Simply because the industry also changes. Maybe some sort of hybrid between DLC and monthly/semi-monthly patches could work?
    I don't think that monthly expansions are a bad thing, as long as the fans like it. Look at Team Fortress 2. http://www.teamfortress.com/history.php It has received free expansions since 2008 and it still has a large active community.
    The industry doesn't change, it learns. An example of this is Super Mario. New Super Mario Bros. U was released in 2012, with the same basic gameplay left mostly unchanged since 1985, and still sells. The difference between creating games or dlc from when they first became popular is that we now have experience of what does and doesn't work for each situation. Mobile games work well with microtransactions, while big AAA games do not work as well.
    I think RCTW would benefit greatly from seasonal to annual expansions. I'd prefer higher quality expansions that take longer to make to cheap expansions released frequently.

Passive Peep
    Possibly with the resorts expansion pack they can go as far as creating a golf course..
    Last edited by ncutt010; 12-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Expansions geared to be released at selling seasons, Late Spring, Early Fall... Then the Development teams can work hard to create themed large packs. Though should an already released theme have additional buildings, rides, theming after we have bought the pack, (such as Old Europe as an example where we got 30 shop/stalls, 15 Flat Rides, 100 Decorations or some mix) and another 5/5/20 of each were available as DLC, or even better, a free upgrade in a patch taking care of Bugs for those who purchased the expansion. Now wouldn't something like that be cool.

That's how they should do it.

I am also a fan of games like Europa Universalis and Total War who have adopted a DLC system and an Expansion Pack System for their franchise. Here a major new feature is made as an Expansion Pack, which when released, if gameplay is altered, a free update is also released for the change to gameplay even if you don't buy the Expansion Pack with all the new items. Also several DLCs to add to the base game, and Expansion Pack (like music for these games, or additional sprite themes) and it is your option to add to the core game with these or not.

That might be a system that could work for the RCT franchise. Buy the Animal Park update complete with 20 animals, but the Artic/Antartic DLC, and the Marine Aquarium DLC are also sold at the same time. Game play also changed to all a 2nd gated attraction connected via monorail ride, tram ride, or a path walkway with entire new entry/gateway ticketing booth complete with queues for park entry which is sent out in the free patch to all owners of RCTW

(hows that for an idea?)

I'd also like ski resorts and slopes very much. That way, the chairlift would finally be usefull.

I hope there aren't going to be mutch DLCs becouse than someone has a DLC in online and someone not. That's maybe weird. (it would became as Simcity) One ore Two DLCs are good. More is to mutch. Than it must are already in the game.
    That's what i hope

I Would like to have a kind of like a Future expansion pack where there are futuristic rides/attractions, pathways, queues, food stalls/resturant and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I hope there aren't going to be mutch DLCs becouse than someone has a DLC in online and someone not. That's maybe weird. (it would became as Simcity) One ore Two DLCs are good. More is to mutch. Than it must are already in the game.
    That's what i hope
    That is an interesting point. How would you visit a person's park if you did not have the content in your install. Would you get a great scaffolding box around a building//ride, "Under Construction" with a link to purchase the DLC?

That then becomes a great business model incentive, if handled right, for Atari. Give us a good base game, but even better DLC. And lots of it. Feeding us regularly. We may not want to buy it at first, but then someone will incorporate it in a killer park, and all we will be able to see is the .jpg of that content. When we go in game, we can't see anything but are asked/encouraged to buy the DLC right then and there, sending our bucks to Atari. It will be like "crack" addiction.

Don't start thinking of DLC now. If they start working on that now, they can just include it in the base game.

Day one DLC is never a good thing.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast