Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack Ideas...

Passive Peep

Cool Expansion Pack Ideas...

Many of you might be thinking it's too early to be discussing this topic but I'm sure Atari has already been considering expansion pack ideas. Why not help them out.

Here are some great expansion pack ideas. What your guys thoughts?

1) RCTW Resorts!
    This is by far the most important expansion pack they should include. You will have the ability to add in park hotels and other resort type attractions. All guest will have a "fatigue" bar. If their fatigue bar is low, guest will have the option to leave the park or to increase their fatigue slightly by sitting down or greatly by visiting the hotel.

2) RCTW Festival
    This expansion pack will include features like in park parades, celebrity concerts, more in depth theming options (think of six flags fright-fest), fireworks, etc....

3) RCTW Water Parks (Soaked)
    They need to bring back a water park expansion in this new series. Its a necessity! No more needs to be said.

4) RCTW Zoo (Wild)
    RCT3 wild was a pretty neat expansion pack. I enjoyed it a lot and would hope something similar to this will eventually be available for this RCTW series.

My hope is that this the RCTW series will be similar to the old "The Sims" series where expansion packs were added every few months or so...
    Last edited by ncutt010; 12-14-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Nice ideas! I think the Water Park idea would be really great.

I hope they also release an EP which adds more themes. I remember reading the base game has four main themes, so they could have a "Worlds" style expansion pack which includes Spooky, Medieval, and Stone Age themes!

Quote Originally Posted by ncutt010 View Post
    Many of you might be thinking it's too early to be discussing this topic but I'm sure Atari has already been considering expansion pack ideas. Why not help them out.

Here are some great expansion pack ideas. What your guys thoughts?

1) RCTW Resorts!
    This is by far the most important expansion pack they should include. You will have the ability to add hotels and other resort type attractions. All guest will have a "fatigue" bar. If their fatigue bar is low, guest will have the option to leave the to park or to increase their fatigue slightly by sitting down or greatly by visiting the hotel.

2) RCTW Festival
    This expansion pack will include features like in park parades, celebrity concerts, more in depth theming options (think of six flags fright-fest), fireworks, etc....

3) RCTW Water Parks (Soaked)
    They need to bring back a water park expansion in this new series. Its a necessity! No more needs to be said.

4) RCTW Zoo (Wild)
    RCT3 wild was a pretty neat expansion pack. I enjoyed it a lot and would hope something similar to this will eventually be available for this RCTW series.

My hope is that this the RCTW series will be similar to the old "The Sims" series where expansion packs were added every few months or so...
    I'm pretty sure they'll bring back features from soaked and wild (maybe it'll even come with swimming pools and zoos, since those were so popular). They kind of confirmed a resort type thing, since you can have 4 separate parks which can be connected (kind of like Disney World). You could have one as a water park, one a zoo, one a kind of experience and one a theme park.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyBeef View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll bring back features from soaked and wild (maybe it'll even come with swimming pools and zoos, since those were so popular). They kind of confirmed a resort type thing, since you can have 4 separate parks which can be connected (kind of like Disney World). You could have one as a water park, one a zoo, one a kind of experience and one a theme park.
    My resort idea focused more on hotels than anything and from what believe they have yet to confirm hotels?
    Last edited by ncutt010; 12-13-2014 at 07:05 PM.

These ideas are great, Resorts/Hotels would be an exellent addition to a theme park game.
    the parade/festival stuff, im hoping, cames with the game, as Parades are a big thing in any major theme park.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_93 View Post
    Nice ideas! I think the Water Park idea would be really great.

I hope they also release an EP which adds more themes. I remember reading the base game has four main themes, so they could have a "Worlds" style expansion pack which includes Spooky, Medieval, and Stone Age themes!
    Don't forget the snow theme! Maybe these additional themes can be DLC packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Future RCT View Post
    Don't forget the snow theme! Maybe these additional themes can be DLC packs.
    i love the snow theme, I just hope there is some sort of weather setting that brings actually snow fall to the park, Seasonal or evem Constantly

RCT Snow Fields!, Ski Resorts in a theme Park!!.. lol :P

To be perfectly honest, I think the expansion pack idea is outdated. I'd like to see a more modern system where the game is constantly patched to include a few new features at a time. That, or support for community created objects.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by pHScale View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I think the expansion pack idea is outdated. I'd like to see a more modern system where the game is constantly patched to include a few new features at a time. That, or support for community created objects.
    I disagree with this statement. Many many modern games still include DLC expansion packs. Its either that or micro-transactions and Atari has already announced this game is micro-transaction free. To develop these patches/updates you mentioned, atari will need some sort of revenue post their initial sell of the product. One year down the line when every has already bought the game, in order to continue patches/updates Atari needs more money....that's when they will release their first expansion pack.

There will probably be weekly updates/patches but things like "RCTW Water Park" will not be given to us for free.

I mean, DLC is probably what will end up happening, but it seems so 2007 to me. Don't misunderstand, I'm not in any way advocating microtransactions. I think those are tacky and infuriating. But I do think the game will need to evolve and change more often and in more ways than a few DLC patches can keep up with. Simply because the industry also changes. Maybe some sort of hybrid between DLC and monthly/semi-monthly patches could work?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast