Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handicaped Accesibility

Lightbulb Handicaped Accesibility

Assuming were going to get more diverse in this game also made me wonder, "what about something for those in wheelchairs?" I'm not necessarily talking about the handicapped passes at some parks because that may make gameplay way too complex but I'm talking about ramps, elevators and even new vehicles for those in wheelchairs. They already have them in some parks like Disney. I don't see why this couldn't be in the game as it adds another level of realism. What do you think?

Handicap

Nobody is perfect in the world so that should apply to RCTW. In real life people have disabilities and injuries. People with these problems also go to theme parks as well. From people to wheelchairs to people with crutches handicap people should be in the game. If there was a booth or venue where handicap people would go to get a pass where they could go to the front of the line due to their problem. Also on all attractions there would be a handicap helper machine which would help the handicap person on to the ride.This would give a bigger diversity into the world of RCTW.

Although I really like your idea, and in an ideal world every game would have real diversity, I think something like this would be so difficult to implement into the game. I've never come across a game (sadly) that has that much of a diversity in people. Developers would rather spend their time on features which they can market. Now you've mentioned it, I'm surprised games like The Sims (which are all about the people) have never implemented this into their games, it's understandable with RCT because the peeps aren't the main focus of the game.
    Last edited by sam_93; 09-09-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_93 View Post
    Although I really like your idea, and in an ideal world every game would have real diversity, I think something like this would be so difficult to implement into the game. I've never come across a game (sadly) that has that much of a diversity in people. Developers would rather spend their time on features which they can market. Now you've mentioned it, I'm surprised games like The Sims (which are all about the people) have never implemented this into their games, it's understandable with RCT because the peeps aren't the main focus of the game.
    It's been years but I thought Sims did have wheelchairs at some point?

Otherwise I agree. I even work with handicapped people, and this is a fantastic idea, but it would be very difficult to implement, especially this far into development. Maybe in the future if demand for it continues, maybe even a Workshopper will implement it, but I don't see it happening on release unfortunately.

If you really want realism though you could have the other peeps in line get all angry that they have to wait an extra 2 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by k1ng r4t View Post
    It's been years but I thought Sims did have wheelchairs at some point?
    I have every Sims game released and it's never been implemented.

+1 Great idea by the way!

Not just Handicap But Obese also. Peeps just too Damn Fat to ride a ride yet still manage to do so. Then have the rides react to their Fatness. Fall over or tilt, Fly off the track, Start to Smoke or not Operate (Ferries Wheel goes backwards), Rollercoaster goes back down the lift hill, Get Stuck in a Water Slide Tube. Towers won't Launch or go Up, Boats Sink, Swing Snaps and goes flying off, Benches Brake when sitting....

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlorans View Post
    Not just Handicap But Obese also. Peeps just too Damn Fat to ride a ride yet still manage to do so. Then have the rides react to their Fatness. Fall over or tilt, Fly off the track, Start to Smoke or not Operate (Ferries Wheel goes backwards), Rollercoaster goes back down the lift hill, Get Stuck in a Water Slide Tube. Towers won't Launch or go Up, Boats Sink, Swing Snaps and goes flying off, Benches Brake when sitting....
    I'm not an obese person so I'll ask you, do You think what you ask/suggest is funny? I think NOT!

I worked at a Park for 10yrs, and YES I think it is Funny, Tho Sometimes it was Vary hard to keep from laughing at these people. I Being Fat/Obese KNOW not to go on certain rides myself. It has restrictions for our Safety and for the Safety of the Operators for a reason. Yet Not wanting to Argue with these whales (Mostly Women) we would let them ride and sure enough something would fail. The Ferris Wheel was the worst, as it would refuse to Move once it came to rest at Bottom Dead Center. then you would have to call over 4 People just to get them back to the platform and some employees got hurt. I Myself got my Foot Crushed trying to keep the Platform Up for one Whale.

Then to see them Choking on the Dodgem/Bumper Cars Safety Belts (Over one arm under the other) Or Getting P'ed because the Tilt a Whirl would not spin, Getting Stuck in the Haunted House Hallways, Chocking/Suffocating from the Seat Belts on the Swings and it going half the speed ... Yeah It is Damn Funny And these are just a few.

Or the one time I got yelled at by a Whale because her kid decided to Run Half way through the park to Jump in on the Kiddie Boats while it was running and got stuck Head First (under water) between the Boats and the Wall all because SHE could not keep control of her kid and I was not keeping a eye out for his safety. I was too Busy making sure the Kids already on the ride and In Line were being Safe.

It still give me a Chuckle..

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlorans View Post
    I worked at a Park for 10yrs, and YES I think it is Funny, Tho Sometimes it was Vary hard to keep from laughing at these people. I Being Fat/Obese KNOW not to go on certain rides myself. It has restrictions for our Safety and for the Safety of the Operators for a reason. Yet Not wanting to Argue with these whales (Mostly Women) we would let them ride and sure enough something would fail. The Ferris Wheel was the worst, as it would refuse to Move once it came to rest at Bottom Dead Center. then you would have to call over 4 People just to get them back to the platform and some employees got hurt. I Myself got my Foot Crushed trying to keep the Platform Up for one Whale.

Then to see them Choking on the Dodgem/Bumper Cars Safety Belts (Over one arm under the other) Or Getting P'ed because the Tilt a Whirl would not spin, Getting Stuck in the Haunted House Hallways, Chocking/Suffocating from the Seat Belts on the Swings and it going half the speed ... Yeah It is Damn Funny And these are just a few.

Or the one time I got yelled at by a Whale because her kid decided to Run Half way through the park to Jump in on the Kiddie Boats while it was running and got stuck Head First (under water) between the Boats and the Wall all because SHE could not keep control of her kid and I was not keeping a eye out for his safety. I was too Busy making sure the Kids already on the ride and In Line were being Safe.

It still give me a Chuckle..
    Sorry but I still don't think it's funny and really not worth commenting anymore about it. Except to say ne more thing, I hope they don't put in the game what you are suggesting.

Well, to each their own (yes there are dumb people of all categories, fat people not realizing it is not good for safety to force to go on unsuitable rides and unprofessional operators telling stories) but I think it does not belong in RCT. Maybe people of different sizes in reasonable ranges, but not morbid obese/bone anorexia and not making fun of people's sizes.

As for handicapped.. I think it is all down to what's more important. I would rather see a game with good many rollercoasters and rides, and good balance in the "behind the screen" stuff, good demands on you so not tire of game quickly (too easy), good scenarios... all those things are more important for me than wheelchairs and handicapped people. Yes it is nice with inclusive game, I am all for it (after all I am sign language deaf... So I need help with interpreting while out embarking on rides or at least needing clear signs with info and not rely on audio information). But on cost for other stuff, no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast