Thread: A Few Ideas Of Mine..

A Few Ideas Of Mine..

Something i have always wanted on the RCT games is the ability to have benches, bins and lamp posts automatically placed evenly spread out as you create a path, so i don't have to place each individual one myself. I would also like ready made roller coaster platform stations, i was never able to make a decent one, but they look so good i wanted them in each park.

A problem i encountered (although very rarely) on roller coaster tycoon 3 was not being able to finish a custom coaster as somewhere down the line i messed up the position of the track, making it IMPOSSIBLE for it to connect to the station platform, even if i tried clicking auto finish, it would just attempt to finish the coaster forever but never actually manage it, this problem definitely needs eradicating, quite a few times I've been building an epic roller coaster, only for it to have this problem, and then i have to delete the entire thing as i don't know where the problem stems from, as i said though, this problem was rare. Another problem i encountered was not being able to build a train through the enclosure of a zoo easily, i couldn't just build a track through an existing enclosure, it was very annoying.

Other things i would want them to do is to make it easier to build underground. Make more realistic water park ques/swimming pools as in RCT they would end up beeing horrendous, cramped, dangerous chaotic things. And as well as these small fast food 1 slot shops we have, we should also be able to place large restaurants/cafes/food chains as well as theaters for plays and other general theme parks things.

Better weather would also be nice. And being able to walk around in the park as a first person visitor, as well as being able to ride the rides in first person. And CURVED PATHS!!
    Last edited by Stranger; 12-27-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Passive Peep
    I second this. It's a huge pain to manually place every single trash can, bin, and lamps along a path.

Quote Originally Posted by Future RCT View Post
    I second this. It's a huge pain to manually place every single trash can, bin, and lamps along a path.
    Agree'd, maybe even the ability to include fences on either side of the path would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Something i have always wanted on the RCT games is the ability to have benches, bins and lamp posts automatically placed evenly spread out as you create a path, so i don't have to place each individual one myself.

like 'Zoo tycoon 2' pc
    you can make habitats that automatically add trees,flowers and rocks with simple buttons like in the picture
    if you don't want the flowers or trees or rocks,you klick on the buttons
    Aviary Photo_130641814816212802.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used to love Zoo Tycoon, although i don't remember this feature being in it and those screenshots don't really look like the Zoo Tycoons i used to play.

But yes, the features you mentioned would be nice also.

this is zoo tycoon 2 on pc right?

I think i only ever played Zoo Tycoon 1 and it's expansion packs, shame they don't bring it back to PC. **** Xbox One.

Passive Peep
    I agree! The option to automatically have light on your pathes is great. Maybe you can choose a lamp-styloe and choose that it should be placed on every x part on the way. Same for trash and seat benches?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

A problem i encountered (although very rarely) on roller coaster tycoon 3 was not being able to finish a custom coaster as somewhere down the line i messed up the position of the track, making it IMPOSSIBLE for it to connect to the station platform, even if i tried clicking auto finish, it would just attempt to finish the coaster forever but never actually manage it, this problem definitely needs eradicating, quite a few times I've been building an epic roller coaster, only for it to have this problem, and then i have to delete the entire thing as i don't know where the problem stems from, as i said though, this problem was rare. Another problem i encountered was not being able to build a train through the enclosure of a zoo easily, i couldn't just build a track through an existing enclosure, it was very annoying.
    this is what happens when you build a coaster with an over banked curve track piece(LIM coaster has it). that curve was meant to be used in pairs and it would always even out the ride. but if you have an odd number of these turns it messes up the track in the end by being just barely a little too high or low. i think there is a few other of these "special pieces" other than the one i speak of though.

Thanks for the explanation that used to do my head in.