Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistic coaster stations and supports - read this, realism junkies!

Lightbulb Realistic coaster stations and supports - read this, realism junkies!

This is my first thread in this section of the forums. Love the community so far!

So one of the most frustrating, unrealistic parts of RCT3 was the support structures on rides, namely the hills of large coasters. CS was a good alternative, but extremely tedious and often difficult to construct. RCTW should implement an "advanced" tab within the coaster construction system, which could include alternative (or even custom) realistic support structures. This includes catwalks on lift hills, which should be USABLE by peeps and mechanics when breakdowns occur!

Example of realistic supports and catwalks (everyone's favorite):

article-2594196-1CC399A500000578-488_634x387.jpg

Also, the way in which peeps loaded onto trains in earlier versions of RCT was laughable. One second they were on the deck, and POOF! they're strapped into their seats. Not only should peeps actually walk to their seats, but stations of most rides should include operators that quickly check the restraints of passengers, and coasters like inverted/floorless types should have steel floors that fall when the trains are ready to leave.

When testing, coasters should have the option to have RCT3 Soaked-style dummies in the seats to emulate the weight of passengers and make the "test run" more accurate. These minor details could make the coaster construction and testing processes much more enjoyable for myself and others who stress over coaster realism.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by themonarc View Post
    ....Not only should peeps actually walk to their seats, but stations of most rides should include operators that quickly check the restraints of passengers...
    AGREE!!!

coaster operators = slower load/launch time = longer lines = REASLIM....

I agree with you 100%. I think peeps should also line up at a gate as well when they enter the station.

i would agree with there being an operator on the ride. however.. if it would affect overall game performance in a big park i would rather them just poof into the seats. ill take performance over hyper realism.( in some cases)

I agree with this 100%. I also think it would be a cool extra feature to have ride announcements (very generic ones) and the ability to create your own since RCT3 allowed ride music uploads. Ex: when gates open the announcement starts and instructs the peeps on what to do. Then when they come back into the station the station will play a message instructing peeps on exit procedures. This doesn't seem too hard considering all the music on rides and such in RCT3. It would add one more realistic affect that would make the experience more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Chan View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I think peeps should also line up at a gate as well when they enter the station.
    That would boost the realism so much! Peeps will load faster into the trains, no matter where your entrance station is. It frustrated me so much when you saw the peeps running towards the train from the entrance of the coaster, taking hours to get the train loaded >_<!

And you should clearly be able to decide if it is a exit only, entry only or both at once station.

Quote Originally Posted by Leontrix View Post
    And you should clearly be able to decide if it is a exit only, entry only or both at once station.
    Couldn't you do that with 3? Put a station further down the track and only have a exit not an entrance? Or am I imagining this? lol

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    Couldn't you do that with 3? Put a station further down the track and only have a exit not an entrance? Or am I imagining this? lol
    Yeah you could. I guess he means something with more detail? I don't know.

I agree about having the option of placing different supports for each coaster type because base game supports sucked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast