Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Matt, and thank you!

Goodbye Matt, and thank you!

Matthew Labunka (Mattlab) left ATARI last month. I wanted to make this thread to thank him for everything that he has done for this project.

From the blog posts to the streams, the event work and the videos, Matthew in my opinion did an excellent job in bringing this project forward. I'm also pretty sure that without his hard work ATARI would not have moved this project from the state that it was last year (when that original area 52 gameplay trailer launched).

Good luck in your new endeavors Matt!

Volunteer
    Matt was a very dear friend to myself and a valued member of the team. I wish him nothing but the best in his new journey.
    Team: RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or even just to chat about your favorite roller coasters! Our team of mods are here to help in anyway possible.

Passive Peep
    He seemed like a nice guy. I heard he did some charitable work as well. I don't know how much of this games failure is his fault (he was creative producer or something wasn't he?) but no doubt Atari forced his hand. Best of luck for the future Mattlab!

For anyone interested, he works in Microsoft now, as a Senior Program Manager for Xbox.

Passive Peep
    I was interested actually, great to see he's working somewhere far better! I bet he couldn't get away fast enough, I felt sorry for him occasionally, having to endorse this pile of crap must've been difficult

I wish him well, and hope that he is happy in his new position.

That being said, it's worrisome that employees are abandoning RCTW and Atari.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante80 View Post
    For anyone interested, he works in Microsoft now, as a Senior Program Manager for Xbox.
    Wow! What an incredible promotion! He deserves it. It's sad to see the staff that kept us in the loop is being dismantled. The game may have many issues (especially performance wise), but at least the community was kept in the loop until recently. That led many to explore other options.

I'm glad Mattlab didn't just land on his feet, but also sprouted wings and flew. Thank you, Matt, for everything you contributed to this project!

Wow, Seems like he has a nice job now! Best of luck to him on his new job! Thank you for everything you did here!

Passive Peep
    How's everyone know he's gone? Source??

Last edited by DanPlayer01; 08-24-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast