Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Early Access - Dev Blog #14 - Piece-by-Piece and Gamescom News

RCTW - Early Access - Dev Blog #14 - Piece-by-Piece and Gamescom News

Hello Tycoons!

We wanted to pop in briefly this week to let you know about our upcoming RCTW plans. To get the bad news out of the way first: we won’t have a new build for this week. The GOOD news: We’re taking this extra time to finish polishing up the first iteration of our PIECE-BY-PIECE Builder system, which will be in your hands very soon!

We really think PxP will significantly change the way you build your parks, giving you more choices and tools to design and customize stores, restaurants, skyscrapers, Mayan temples, laboratories, and whatever else you can dream up! We want to make sure this feature is stable and ready for use, so we appreciate your patience as we take some additional time to iron everything out. This will be the “Alpha” release of PxP, so as always we’re looking forward to your feedback on what works and doesn’t with the system, and to see the crazy structures you all create.

We’ll have more to share on the details of PxP when we go live, along with a livestream with our developers to walk you through it all. Details for all of this will be announced soon. In the meantime, check out a concept image of what you'll be able to build using our Sci-Fi PxP theme!

Additionally, we’ll be at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany next week, showing press the new PxP builder and other improvements made to RCTW over the last several months. Stay tuned as articles about the latest features should be coming out in European press outlets in the weeks after.

Talk to you all again soon!

- Team RCTW

Passive Peep
    Yay! Finally bringing something to allow people to be creative to the table!

Any chance we will be allowed to stack rocks any time soon?

Two things:

1) Remember, the easier it is to "assemble" these pieces, the better. If I have to scroll the mouse everytime I want to put a wall piece on top of the next, that will be time-consuming. If it automatically goes into that position (with me having the option to override it) then that will make building all the better.

2) The key to getting good publicity is to make sure the performance of the game is better when this release is made. Ideally, you want people to make a bunch of videos and share them on YouTube. But if the game performance and fps is the same as it is with the last update then it doesn't matter how many new things you add. Performance should be on the forefront of your mind in every update. That's how things get shared and get good publicity.

I knew that would be the big news! Can't wait to try it out and I really like the sound of being able to customize the stores and restaurants! I'll make sure I'm there for the Dev stream!

Awesome! That picture is just one small snippet (I hope) of everything coming in this update. A little bummed it's not this week, but I can wait a little longer for it to be perfected. I concur with both of Theme Park Games' points.

I also hope this won't be a one-update thing. As it sits now, we only have 3 themes excluding generic, so I'm assuming as more theme are created/released, we'll get more PxP set for each of those, along with possibly some extra pieces for pre-existing themes.
    Last edited by Hersheypark2011; 08-16-2016 at 02:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Passive Peep
    Don't use the word "perfected". It sets an unreachable standard.
    Use words like acceptable, usable, well functioning, workable, etc.

Passive Peep
    Let's just hope the implementation is at least half as good as the concept art. I'll be watching warily, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's actually executed well

Newcomer
    The concept art looks really nice!!

Great! Nice to hear some awesome news. I agree, I can wait between updates so they can get things perfect. Interesting concept too.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunityAdmin View Post

Additionally, we’ll be at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany next week, showing press the new PxP builder and other improvements made to RCTW over the last several months.
    Do you guys have a stand at Gamescom?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast