Thread: The game hangs on the "Building your park" screen when trying to start over a completed scenario

Unhappy The game hangs on the "Building your park" screen when trying to start over a completed scenario

So I played through the first scenario objective in an earlier release of the game, successfully achieved silver ranking and saved my game. But then, being as obsessive as I am in wanting to complete everything to the best, I went to start it over fresh by clicking start again from the scenario list so I could get gold. The game would load the loading screen, it would get to 100% loaded, then get to the "Building your park" text with the coaster going in that infinity loop animation, and just stay there. I even waited almost an hour for the game to actually bring up the park so I could play, but nothing happened. I couldn't exit that screen at all. I finally had to just alt ctrl del and end the game completely. Strangely enough, it doesn't show up as not responding in the task manager, it just gets stuck there.

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (Service Pack 1)

32GB of RAM

An Intel 4790K processor (4.00 GHz) overclocked to 4.3 GHz

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card

Hi LucasClanCat, I have that issue with a Scenario that I haven't completed yet. I was thinking that my park was too huge, but it happened after last update and after I created "Areas" for my Mechanics to patrol. I was able to open a previous version in another scenario and the current scenario I was playing in....however, these files & parks were not built up to 9 squares as the one that is stuck. Running Windows 10 64-bit, 32GB RAM, Intel i7 Processor. Just thought I add my 2 bits.

Huh... maybe it's an optimization issue as well? Either way, I really hope it can be smoothed out.

I know that there are sometimes issues with loading parks made with previous releases. Try verifying your game files in Steam or resetting your player data by deleting the folder:
    C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\Rollercoaster Tycoon World
    You could also try uploading the save here so that their QA can have a look at it

I did already verify the game files, so I guess that didn't work. I could try uploading my save file, and then deleting my player data, but I really don't wanna start over if possible. Sigh... ah well... I guess I may just have to deal with it.

best bet would first of all uploading your save file here and Vanille or one of the others from Nvizzio will see if its an issue with the file

Ok, I'll do that. But how do I upload my save file here?

Guide on how to do it is here https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...on-How-to-Post
    Once youve got it sorted im happy to see if im able to open it on my machine.

Another thing to do is look at any UGC you have installed as sometimes it can cause issues with load times and also upload your dxdiag here along with your saved game and give then as much info as possible

Ok, I dunno if this'll help, but hopefully it will.

Here's the save file for when I beat the first scenario at silver rank:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...2ZtMkhlLWZsbEE

And here's the one where I played through it separately BEFORE the update I believe... and now I can't restart the scenario at all as explained above in the original post:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...mN3cDVpS1ZPT2M

Hopefully this can work.

got the same problem and no solucion