Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW Park Creation Contest

RCTW Park Creation Contest

Attention Tycoons! The gates are now open to RollerCoaster Tycoon World, and it’s time to show the world what you’re capable of! We are launching a park-building contest today to discover who out there is a true RollerCoaster Tycoon!

We will have five (5) categories for tycoons to enter:

• Open – Build the park of your dreams! This category is for open-ended park creations, without references to real-world parks.
    • New York’s Central Park – Grab a hotdog and build a park inspired by New York City’s famous Central Park using in-game and UGC elements! Read the judging criteria below for additional details.
    • London’s Hyde Park – Stroll by Buckingham Palace and build a park inspired by London’s historic Hyde Park using in-game and UGC elements! Read the judging criteria below for additional details.
    • Amsterdam’s Vondelpark – Take a bike ride and build a park inspired by Amsterdam’s relaxing Vondelpark using in-game and UGC elements! Read the judging criteria below for additional details.
    • Munich’s English Gardens – Buy a Löwenbräu and build a park inspired by Munich’s calming English Gardens using in-game and UGC elements! Read the judging criteria below for additional details.

How to Enter:
    All you need to do is create your best park ever based on the categories you would like to enter. Add all of your coolest coasters, rides and attractions and upload a video showing it off, and send a link of the video to [email protected] on or before 6/26/2016 with the subject line for the specific category you wish to enter as noted below:

• Open – “RCTW Park Creation Contest - Open”
    • United States – “RCTW Park Creation Contest - US”
    • United Kingdom – “RCTW Park Creation Contest - UK”
    • Netherlands – “RCTW Park Creation Contest - NL”
    • Germany – “RCTW Park Creation Contest - DE”

Note that there is no limit on the number of entries. Feel free to enter ALL the categories as many times as you want! The winners will be announced on or about July 5th, and your parks will be shared and promoted throughout the RCTW and Atari social channels. So get out there and get building!

Prizes:
    There will be four (4) winners for each of the five (5) categories, for a total of twenty (20) winners as noted below:

• Five (5) Grand prize winners ($200.00 Amazon Gift Card and RollerCoaster Tycoon World T-Shirt)
    • Five (5) First prize winners ($100.00 Amazon Gift Card and RollerCoaster Tycoon World T-Shirt)
    • Five (5) Second prize winners ($50.00 Amazon Gift Card and RollerCoaster Tycoon World T-Shirt)
    • Five (5) Third prize winners ($25.00 Amazon Gift Card and RollerCoaster Tycoon World T-Shirt)

Contest Duration:
    May 27, 2016 through June 26, 2016

Judging Duration:
    June 27, 2016 through July 7, 2016

Judging Criteria:

• Open Category:
      • creativity and style
      • originality and presentation
      • attention to detail

• United States Category:
      • New York City – Central Park References
      • creativity and style
      • attention to detail

• United Kingdom Category:
      • London – Hyde Park References
      • creativity and style
      • attention to detail

• Netherlands Category:
      • Netherlands – Vondelpark References
      • creativity and style
      • attention to detail

• Germany Category:
      • Germany – English Gardens References
      • creativity and style
      • attention to detail

Real World References:

• New York City – Central Park References
    • London – Hyde Park References
    • Germany – English Gardens References
    • Netherlands – Vondelpark References

For Full Contest Details, click here:

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/?p=1395
    Community Manager - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Passive Peep
    It's on! I'm in for "open" category... even if my Province of Canada(Quebec is NOT part of Canada, since 1964, but that is political) is excluded from this contest.

I will then compete as NOT ELIGIBLE, as non-prize winner.

All Tycoons have fun with it!

Thank you Atari
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 05-27-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    Why hype a contest? The tweet of stream delay made it sound like Atari was going to finally release some of the missing content, but... a contest? How many people are going to enter, there is never more than 200 people playing at a time?

Also Atari leaves you out of the competition, why thank them? You deserve better.

Edit: apparently excluding Quebec is standard for competitions, so carry on. Still seems stupid.
    Last edited by 0BobTheJanitor; 05-27-2016 at 11:49 AM.

DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing all the creative entries across ALL categories!

Why hype a contest? The tweet of stream delay made it sound like Atari was going to finally release some of the missing content, but... a contest? How many people are going to enter, there is never more than 200 people playing at a time?
    We will see who enters Bob! Will you accept the challenge?

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    No don't have the game, sorry. I do have Parkitect, if that's allowed... But good luck who enters, hope you do well.

Disappointed I can't use the coffee shop UGC in my dream park

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by 0BobTheJanitor View Post

Also Atari leaves you out of the competition, why thank them? You deserve better.
    It's not their fault Quebec is(openly rebellious Province) not legally part of Canada anymore. I will participate in every contest or anything that will make this game grow, even out-of-category.

I say thanks to Atari for putting forward initiatives and a bit of money to stimulate the community growing. And for being pro-active about this title.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 05-27-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks Abbittibbi! Looking to do more too!

It's going to be interesting to see what people can build in the game. Can't wait to start building my entry soon. I just have a couple questions:
    1. Can we use UGC in the open category? I assume so, but I just wanted to make sure.
    2. Does the UGC have to be ours, or can we take it from the steam workshop?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast