Thread: Back to the roots- Coaster bugs not in focus?

Exclamation Back to the roots- Coaster bugs not in focus?

Hi,

I want to add my personal discovered RCTW problems to this very large list. In fact, I am a fan since RTC 1. I waited for a long time for RCTW to come up, and I also know that we are still in the early access phase, but there are so much problems that there is no real fun to play with this new version. Because I have no time to review all reported errors here, I simply list what I experienced until now.
    I strongly focus on rollercoasters.

• Although the coaster physics are “improved” with the last update, they are still not realistic (for a game). There is far too much friction on certain points, especially on steel coasters. The option “grease tracks” results in a total unrealistic behavior. I have never seen a coaster which needs so many additional chain lifts and boosters, and on the other hand brakes because the ride intensity is far too much and leads to nausea. I am pretty sure that I am able to build a certain “quality” of coasters with realistic elements, drops, sizes, curves and inversions, but the result in the game is not nearly logical. One time the coaster is far too fast, then again to slow, and as a result it is not possible to build a coaster without boosters and brakes in positions where they would NEVER be needed normally. This also has an impact on the statistics which are not logical also.
    • The ride statistics are very frustrating. All self-made coasters lead (except of “baby coasters”) to very bad test results with excitement of “medium” or “low”, while intensity and nausea rates are “extreme” or “mega-extreme”. The result is, that no one of the peeps wants to ride the coaster or they say “I don`t pay … for …” (caused by the low excitement, which would definitely be much higher if the physics were correct or the statistic computing would be better).
    • Even the pre-defined coasters show that there are huge problems with coaster physics: There are boosters, brakes, chain lifts at many unwanted points – this is a clear evidence, that even the “professional builders” are not able to build up a coaster without any problems, the statistics are also very, very sad
    • Why is it not possible to perform a continuous test while building a coaster like it was in earlier versions (the “white painted coaster with an endless loop”)?
    • Why do I have to start the game to test the coaster? Far too much realism at a totally unwanted point! (realistic behavior is good, yes, but please hit the best points instead of stepping on my nerves)
    • I cannot build several inversions like a dive loop because that leads to extreme intensity and nausea, even if the speed is adequate. This happens especially in pre-defined elements. A very good example is the floorless coaster and an Immelmann or dive loop. In the test view, the track is colored in deep reed (and green) especially on the exit of these elements. Yes, there are G-forces, I know, but the statistics are rising to “extreme” and “mega-extreme” even when this track would normally have a maximum count of “very high”. This is very frustrating as in fact it is not possible to build a good realistic coaster with the level “high” or “very high” while holding nausea in “medium” range.
    • There are still pre-defined elements with a multiple wrong inverted track on the exit, eg. a big loop left or sometimes a hammerhead turn
    • Some pre-defined items (inversions or special coaster elements as well as some decoration and so on) are titled in alpha-numerical codes with “_” instead of (English, my native language is German) a description
    • The block braking system does not work correctly; it performs a full stop of the train even when the following track is free
    • The train/car selection system is probably well meant, but why is there no simple option like a drop-down menu? This is very frustrating!
    • Why are there only different colors available for the hyper coaster, not different cars? It is the same thing with other variants of coasters.
    • Why is it not possible to determine the length of the station?
    • Track height and length is displayed in “minutes”
    • It is not possible to switch to a height-displaying view while building coasters as it was in older versions.
    • When building coasters with the menu buttons, not the freehand-method, there are only 45 and 90 degree curves available, a “mid-size” button is missing
    • When building coasters free-hand, the automatic selection of the curve adjustment when hitting the track is very frustrating! Normally, I do not want to add a sharp maneuver, I want to adjust!
    • The white add-track needle makes no sense when there is a very twisted track added instead of a straight one
    • When I add banking to the track, the transfer from the straight track to the banked one is far too short resulting in sharp maneuvers which are not realistic
    • The maximum combination with banked drops is to less, especially when using the wooden coaster. Real wooden coasters support much more banking in curved drops.
    • The spinning coaster does not SPIN!!! Also, there is no switch to make decide if this is a spinning track or not
    • Why is there only one manufacturer-track layout per type of coaster? I see B&M style track in every case (where is Vekoma?), only a different layout for the not spinning spinning coaster and an Intamin-like layout for the accelerator coaster?
    • Where are the several types of coasters which are existing in the reality and already brought to game customers in earlier versions of RCT? Will there be more coasters available throughout the near future?
    • Same direction, but not a coaster: Where are the different types of free-fall towers? Why is it not possible to define the height? Why is it not possible to switch the mode between free-fall and a type of launch to the top?
    • On all flat rides: The speed is defined with 360 min? What is that?

This list is only the beginning. The game is named “Roller Coaster Tycoon”. Why, dear developers, do you focus on shadows, faces and water instead of building a good COASTER builder, a good coaster selection, good physics and everything I listed before? Shadows are nice, yes, and they have to be in the final game, but please make your basics before starting with “decoration”.

I have the feeling that you are on the wrong track at the moment. So, can you answer to this simple question:

When do you plan to develop the coaster part of a coaster named theme park simulation with a clear focus on this?

Thanks in advance and sorry, but I am a bit frustrated.

Regards,

Sven

I feel the same way. This game is getting better with the updates, but more focus needs to be put into the roller coasters. My game runs really smooth now, my staff and peeps do things now, but I'm limited in what I can provide them. The focus needs to be shifted away from graphics, peeps and paths, and towards the roller coasters.

Professional Lurker Vanillepink's Avatar
    Thank you for posting. We're working on other things at the moment, but will likely return to improve coasters in a future update.
    ~ Vanillepink - o(^▽^)o

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillepink View Post
    We're working on other things at the moment, but will likely return to improve coasters in a future update.
    Sorry, I really cannot believe what I am reading here. You will "likely" return?!?

This is a very, very bad joke.

I paid -not likely - over 60 € for the Deluxe Edition.

I already read your improvements in the last updates. There were things like water, scenery pieces, peeps´ faces, new sounds, the list is endless.

You already know that your coasters are extremely bad. And you want to tell me now that you will LIKELY return to that in future updates?!?

Sorry, this is impertinence.

I really want to support your improvements, but this is too much. I think I will try my best with Planet Coaster.
    Your method seems to be totally chaotic. In fact, coasters are not usable today. (statistics, physics).

Now, I am really angry.

I think I will try to get my money back. Or do I have misunderstood something?

Regards,

Sven

Professional Lurker Vanillepink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestlyawesome View Post
    Sorry, I really cannot believe what I am reading here. You will "likely" return?!?

I already read your improvements in the last updates. There were things like water, scenery pieces, peeps´ faces, new sounds, the list is endless.

You already know that your coasters are extremely bad. And you want to tell me now that you will LIKELY return to that in future updates?!?

I really want to support your improvements, but this is too much. I think I will try my best with Planet Coaster.
    Your method seems to be totally chaotic. In fact, coasters are not usable today. (statistics, physics).

Now, I am really angry.

Regards,

Sven
    I apologize if you think the word 'likely' isn't appropriate.
    I took the time to read your full list, point by point, added mostly all of them on our feedback list, talked with the team.
    I understand that coasters are very important, we are working on them on a daily basis, but cannot send out improvements until they are not tested properly, so yes it will get better but we are currently gathering feedback, testing things then when we feel its ready we will update them.

Thank you
    ~ Vanillepink - o(^▽^)o

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by honestlyawesome View Post

Now, I am really angry.

Regards,

Sven
    Good day, really angry

Take a breath, that should do...

...clear your mind, you have no rights telling half of us are fools(for buying RCTW). And that we should join you being angry cause it is your opinion. As if we don't we oppose you and are wrong. It that it?

It would be fun to see how you built a coaster, cause even if you are right about the need a bit of re-touching, it's not true that coasters are unusable and totally glitched, as you make it feel to all of us.

Here's a fact collected from your favorite: The game was announced on 29 January 2015 by Frontier Developments. Originally called Coaster Park Tycoon, the game was renamed into Planet Coaster on 16 June 2015 during the PC Gaming Show at E3 2015. An Alpha version of the game became available on 22 March 2016 for those that purchased the early bird edition which will run continuously until the games general release.[1] The game is a spiritual successor to RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, a game that was also developed by Frontier in 2004. The game will use an advanced version of Cobra Engine, which is an in-house proprietary engine developed by Frontier previously used by games like Elite Dangerous and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

@75$ and the game has been out just short of a year(15 days) since announcement(early birds) and coasters where JUST introduced and are still not smooth. Almost a year and yet it's only at 10% completed. Almost a year and half the rides count. In other word, you have that PC that was built from RCT3 experienced Frontier, yet mainly filled with free form construction pieces and not much of a real attraction or breakthrough. It's built on a 10 years old code and this satisfy you?

Frontier has been on it for a grand total of 12 years(not counting RCT3 years), as Nvizzio has not had any prior RCT experience or 12 years in the making. PC is recycled from RCT3, and failed to be RCTW. 12 years in the making and you get only THAT? That is the joke of the decade.

Yet, in PC, I've not seen transport rides, water rides, fireworks, animals, and it's missing a whole bunch of other things as well(too long to list in a reply). Much the same as RCTW, it's not finished, and the unfinished(a little more in advance) satisfy you to the point of being rude to half park building community and a legendary title?

Thanks for pointing at your own misunderstanding in the matter, cause you are not giving the runner a chance, even by claiming the opposite. I'm not deaf or blind, or dumb by that matter. Can't you see the bad community split you're creating, for no reasons?

I'd like to see you contribute positively and help building a better future, together as team instead of spitting on the game, the people who built it, the Tycoons(all the way back into previous RCT, who got us all here today) who put their heart into it and the employees that works for us.

Your angry because you fear that RCTW will be awesome as you lost the Tycoon title on poor judgment and bad decisions. While PC is at 10% and keeping at this rate, will be fully out in...8 years.

That clearly sound as(very bad) trolling... again.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 05-27-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillepink View Post
    I apologize if you think the word 'likely' isn't appropriate.
    I took the time to read your full list, point by point, added mostly all of them on our feedback list, talked with the team.
    I understand that coasters are very important, we are working on them on a daily basis, but cannot send out improvements until they are not tested properly, so yes it will get better but we are currently gathering feedback, testing things then when we feel its ready we will update them.

Thank you
    Glad to hear from you again. OK, I understand that you guys have still a lot of work to do. I wanted to point it out a bit oversized to show you that there is a certain frustration level rising. The word "likely" was blinking in my eyes, but after you explained it, everything is fine. In reality, I do not want to get my money back and I do not want to change to Planet Coaster. When you submitted my points, everything is fine. I will wait for the next updates, hoping you focus a bit more on coaster and their special problems again. I am quite sure you make everything you can and that there is a big payload for you.

So, I which you all the best, and please remember the coasters. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbittibbi View Post
    Good day, really angry

Take a breath, that should do...

...clear your mind, you have no rights telling half of us are fools(for buying RCTW). And that we should join you being angry cause it is your opinion. As if we don't we oppose you and are wrong. It that it?

It would be fun to see how you built a coaster, cause even if you are right about the need a bit of re-touching, it's not true that coasters are unusable and totally glitched, as you make it feel to all of us.

Here's a fact collected from your favorite: The game was announced on 29 January 2015 by Frontier Developments. Originally called Coaster Park Tycoon, the game was renamed into Planet Coaster on 16 June 2015 during the PC Gaming Show at E3 2015. An Alpha version of the game became available on 22 March 2016 for those that purchased the early bird edition which will run continuously until the games general release.[1] The game is a spiritual successor to RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, a game that was also developed by Frontier in 2004. The game will use an advanced version of Cobra Engine, which is an in-house proprietary engine developed by Frontier previously used by games like Elite Dangerous and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

@75$ and the game has been out just short of a year(15 days) since announcement(early birds) and coasters where JUST introduced and are still not smooth. Almost a year and yet it's only at 10% completed. Almost a year and half the rides count. In other word, you have that PC that was built from RCT3 experienced Frontier, yet mainly filled with free form construction pieces and not much of a real attraction or breakthrough. It's built on a 10 years old code and this satisfy you?

Frontier has been on it for a grand total of 12 years(not counting RCT3 years), as Nvizzio has not had any prior RCT experience or 12 years in the making. PC is recycled from RCT3, and failed to be RCTW. 12 years in the making and you get only THAT? That is the joke of the decade.

Yet, in PC, I've not seen transport rides, water rides, fireworks, animals, and it's missing a whole bunch of other things as well(too long to list in a reply). Much the same as RCTW, it's not finished, and the unfinished(a little more in advance) satisfy you to the point of being rude to half park building community and a legendary title?

Thanks for pointing at your own misunderstanding in the matter, cause you are not giving the runner a chance, even by claiming the opposite. I'm not deaf or blind, or dumb by that matter. Can't you see the bad community split you're creating, for no reasons?

I'd like to see you contribute positively and help building a better future, together as team instead of spitting on the game, the people who built it, the Tycoons(all the way back into previous RCT, who got us all here today) who put their heart into it and the employees that works for us.

Your angry because you fear that RCTW will be awesome as you lost the Tycoon title on poor judgment and bad decisions. While PC is at 10% and keeping at this rate, will be fully out in...8 years.

That clearly sound as(very bad) trolling... again.
    Hello unknown speaker,

did I mention you?

Are you a developer? What puts you in the position to give me some advices? Or using any word you used before? You can be simply QUIET.

I am a MD, so I have a lot of experience with some peoples feelings. Even when they are strange. I would have some good stuff for you, but there is this bad pledge of secrecy...

So, I neither have the time or the pleasure to answer to any of your words, that is simply not my grade.

The only thing I am interested in: Did you copy & paste the text or have you done that all for me? That would really be phantastic!

Ridicolous!