Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI Direction for Peeps

AI Direction for Peeps

Having watched yesterday's stream, and having read a lot of comments and suggestions on this board, I can confidently say that the direction in which the development of the game's AI, and specifically the behavior of the Peeps is promising.

I am interested to hear from the devs as to the level of granularity they are aiming for in terms of the Peeps behavior.

I asked the question during the stream 'Will peeps walk in groups in the future', and I wasn't really satisfied by the answer - the question was acknowledged, but not really answered. I am also interested to know as to how bespoke each peep (and staff member for that matter) will be in the coming weeks and months as the game continues its development.

Will peeps react to scenery, and express excitement and such upon seeing a roller coaster? Will they appear to talk with each other, high fiving after riding the best roller coaster in the world, commenting "I want to ride that again" before running to the start of the queue once more?

I know answers may not be readily available, but any feedback on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Hey JStorr,

AI is a huge undertaking and that is why the dev team is rolling this out in phases. The grouping aspect has definitely been noted however there is currently no target date. Also, reactions are another topic mentioned by a few and this has also been noted and will fall in line with animations as well as AI (Note that the combination of the two aspects, AI & Animations make thing more complex and will take some time to work on).

Sorry if I did not answer you question in the stream yesterday fully, hoping that this helps clarify things. If not, please let me know!
    Community Manager - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Quote Originally Posted by Nookriot View Post
    Hey JStorr,

AI is a huge undertaking and that is why the dev team is rolling this out in phases. The grouping aspect has definitely been noted however there is currently no target date. Also, reactions are another topic mentioned by a few and this has also been noted and will fall in line with animations as well as AI (Note that the combination of the two aspects, AI & Animations make thing more complex and will take some time to work on).

Sorry if I did not answer you question in the stream yesterday fully, hoping that this helps clarify things. If not, please let me know!
    Thanks Nook, all i wanted to hear was you guys are working on it :-) i understand that things take time, and its hard to answer all the questions. I just felt that this feature would really add to the feel of the game, so wanted to know if it was in the works.

Peeps piss and puke wayyy too much.

Its really annoying that after getting off EVERY rollercoaster, even lame ones with low-mid nausea rating, 75% of the people get off the ride and vomit. Really need to fix that. I basically build a bathroom on every path, near every ride exit, I have 30 bathrooms on a 2 grid park and they cant make it to a bathroom.

I was really excited about this game, and I still have a lot of hope, but some of these things seem so minor, and should be an easy fix.

I watched a replay of the live feed from yesterday, and I like some of the changes coming this week, but lets fix these stupid peeps, they are the driving force of your park, if they cant get their act together, everything is kinda moot, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CK12380 View Post
    Its really annoying that after getting off EVERY rollercoaster, even lame ones with low-mid nausea rating, 75% of the people get off the ride and vomit. Really need to fix that. I basically build a bathroom on every path, near every ride exit, I have 30 bathrooms on a 2 grid park and they cant make it to a bathroom.

I was really excited about this game, and I still have a lot of hope, but some of these things seem so minor, and should be an easy fix.

I watched a replay of the live feed from yesterday, and I like some of the changes coming this week, but lets fix these stupid peeps, they are the driving force of your park, if they cant get their act together, everything is kinda moot, in my opinion.
    Don't you know that in real parks half the people piss themselves.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by dalenotchip View Post
    That percentage is much, much higher in water parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    That percentage is much, much higher in water parks.
    Very true. It's a shame that the water turning blue is an urban legend.

Quote Originally Posted by dalenotchip View Post
    If they do, and I've yet to see anyone walking around with a wet stain in the front or back of their pants/shorts, unless they just got off a water ride, they don't pee on the paths! Why was this so important to put in the game? Didn't have in RCT 1,2 or 3, so why in RCTW? I've seen people puke in a real park after getting off a ride that was too intense for them but I've never see a person pee on a path.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by warcat61 View Post
    If they do, and I've yet to see anyone walking around with a wet stain in the front or back of their pants/shorts, unless they just got off a water ride, they don't pee on the paths! Why was this so important to put in the game? Didn't have in RCT 1,2 or 3, so why in RCTW? I've seen people puke in a real park after getting off a ride that was too intense for them but I've never see a person pee on a path.
    That's because in real life they make sure nobody's watching first. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by warcat61 View Post
    Especially when they wet themselves in front of a bathroom. What the hell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast