Thread: Game breaking bug not being looked into??

Game breaking bug not being looked into??

Could someone clarify if the bug mentioned here

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...-when-launched

is being addressed?

it seems quite common as it is referenced by yourselves in devblog #6 and is mentioned front and centre on this popular post on Steam...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=660997633

"Not Reproducible - Closed." so says the status....

.....sounds pretty ominous for those of us in that particular boat.

That sucks being stuck in that bug. But if they are not able to reproduce the bug, there is nothing they can do. Maybe try re installing or something?
    Coaster Enthusiast - RCT Fan

Coaster Count: 50

Park Patron
    "Not reproducible" doesn't actually mean they can't reproduce it and doesn't mean they aren't looking into it. That's just their way of categorizing some bugs.

For some reason i have the idea this only happens on NVIDIA Cards, i diden't see a single AMD card doing this?

Anyone with a AMD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    "Not reproducible" doesn't actually mean they can't reproduce it and doesn't mean they aren't looking into it. That's just their way of categorizing some bugs.
    So "Not reproducible - Closed" means the opposite??...........sounds sensible. (By which I mean, the opposite)

Quote Originally Posted by TerrorToetje View Post
    For some reason i have the idea this only happens on NVIDIA Cards, i diden't see a single AMD card doing this?

Anyone with a AMD card?
    OP here......yes.....me (R9 280X)

Sorry to spoil your theory.....

Incidentally, thanks for your Steam post....although fruitless for me, it seems to have helped a lot of people.

Professional Lurker Vanillepink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuddyWoodie View Post
    So "Not reproducible - Closed" means the opposite??...........sounds sensible. (By which I mean, the opposite)
    Usually when we flag it 'not reproducible - closed' it means we had internal QA (here at Nvizzio) and a team of External QA (outside of the studio) try that bug, on different machines with different specs. It doesn't mean we forget about the issue, it just means that we couldn't make it happen.
    That being said, we keep tracking down players with that issue, we try to find something common, like a certain video card, certain drivers or sometimes its simply the DirectX version, or sometimes a matter of simply Alt-tabbing the game. There could be so many causes...

Fear not, we will find it
    ~ Vanillepink - o(^▽^)o

Passive Peep
    How about adding a status called "Not able to reproduce, more info needed" and don't close?

Quote Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
    How about adding a status called "Not able to reproduce, more info needed" and don't close?
    That wouldn't come off quite so demeaningly dismissive, yeah.