Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal Breakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deal Breakers

When I look back at all the things I had hoped for in this game, I am depressed to see that I have abandoned most of those hopes and my wishlist is now made up of basic features that had been discussed on this forum years ago and I doubt will be met for full release. The condensed version is as follows:

• Placeable ride entrances and exits
    • Ride animations that belong in 2016
    • Guest animations that belong in 2016 (RCT3 never had little happy/sad/sick/angry faces that popped up above guests' head ... and it didn't need it. Even 10 years ago, the animation spoke for itself.)
    • Guests that aren't terrifying
    • Guests that are intuitive and arrive in groups
    • Intuitive ride ratings
    • Customizable ride themes (so many rides are pre-themed. That swinging ship just needs to be replaced altogether.)
    • Shops that aren't giant hotdogs or ice cream sundaes or... Chinese food boxes?

To be fair, here are some things that I like, but are still sub-par:
    • I like the addition of restaurants, but I haven't seen how they are any more/less beneficial than regular stalls.
    • The idea of the spline-based coaster builder was ambitious, but poorly implemented. I have yet to see a coaster built in RCTW that doesn't look like wobbly spaghetti and even "expert" builders can't make a simple looping coaster in a reasonable amount of time.
    • Dynamic water was a good idea, but still even after months of updates, looks horrible and gelatinous.
    • I have zero interest in building my own buildings in UGC, so they really needed to be further along with modular building so that we could have been giving feedback by now. At this point, even when it is released, I'm sure there will be a plethora of bugs as we've seen with the rest of the game.

Looking back at almost a year ago and we were being told that the game with its new developer was pretty much ready for full release when they hadn't even tested the coaster builder in beta yet, I had probably already resigned in my heart that this game would not be up to par despite my highest hopes. The list I have made above are simply the basic components any game worthy of the RCT title would have--something as basic as choosing where to place my own ride entrance and exit. The competition out there is too good for a theme park game to be lacking so many features this far along in development. RCTW has a ton of content, but quality should always come over quantity, especially when it's been almost a year since the game was "nearly ready for release."
    If by release time these features are implemented, I will be thrilled. Until then, it's a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    When I look back at all the things I had hoped for in this game, I am depressed to see that I have abandoned most of those hopes and my wishlist is now made up of basic features that had been discussed on this forum years ago and I doubt will be met for full release. The condensed version is as follows:

• Guest animations that belong in 2016 (RCT3 never had little happy/sad/sick/angry faces that popped up above guests' head ... and it didn't need it. Even 10 years ago, the animation spoke for itself.)
    • Intuitive ride ratings
    • Customizable ride themes (so many rides are pre-themed. That swinging ship just needs to be replaced altogether.)
    • Shops that aren't giant hotdogs or ice cream sundaes or... Chinese food boxes?

To be fair, here are some things that I like, but are still sub-par:
    • I like the addition of restaurants, but I haven't seen how they are any more/less beneficial than regular stalls.
    • The idea of the spline-based coaster builder was ambitious, but poorly implemented. I have yet to see a coaster built in RCTW that doesn't look like wobbly spaghetti and even "expert" builders can't make a simple looping coaster in a reasonable amount of time.
    • Dynamic water was a good idea, but still even after months of updates, looks horrible and gelatinous.
    • I have zero interest in building my own buildings in UGC, so they really needed to be further along with modular building so that we could have been giving feedback by now. At this point, even when it is released, I'm sure there will be a plethora of bugs as we've seen with the rest of the game.

Looking back at almost a year ago and we were being told that the game with its new developer was pretty much ready for full release when they hadn't even tested the coaster builder in beta yet, I had probably already resigned in my heart that this game would not be up to par despite my highest hopes. The list I have made above are simply the basic components any game worthy of the RCT title would have--something as basic as choosing where to place my own ride entrance and exit. The competition out there is too good for a theme park game to be lacking so many features this far along in development. RCTW has a ton of content, but quality should always come over quantity, especially when it's been almost a year since the game was "nearly ready for release."
    If by release time these features are implemented, I will be thrilled. Until then, it's a deal breaker.
    +1 I agree with everything you say!

For me its not understandable and its not acceptable that some of the pride and joy basic such as (Peeps) are bad in every aspect of them, from animation, rendering, behaviors, AI, feel and look! For me They are just a bad model all around and should be scraped. If you know about the game i wont mention then you probably already know that alone is going to make tons of people prefer the other one. I my self tried both and they are just amazing to look at

There is so much not up to par with the game but for me the fact that the Peeps are Horrible totally kills it for me.

Park Patron
    This game is amazing, with the last few updates they have fixed so much. RCTW looks so much better then any other game out there like it.

Probably will never get this in RCTW and to me that is fine.
      The ride animations are fine, I really don't even know what you mean by this comment.
      The little faces are there to help show the players what the peeps are feeling and how the rides have effected them.
      Compared to what we got when the game first came out they look worlds better still not the best but they are still working on them very hard.
      Don't know if they are working on grouping AI for the peeps or not but I am pretty sure they are do to the out cry for them.
    • Intuitive ride ratings
      Nothing wrong with the rides rating system.
      Well they have to leave some meat on the bone to sell dlc packs, its just a smart business move.
      Every RCT game the stalls have been made this way. Tho the current GUI is kinda cluttered I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtome View Post
    This game is amazing, with the last few updates they have fixed so much. RCTW looks so much better then any other game out there like it.
    Just because something is "fixed" doesn't mean it's good, and I can't imagine you aren't being purposefully obtuse unless by "any other game out there like it" you mean RCT 1-3, and there is even serious debate there.

You shouldn't be "fine" with getting less from a game in 2016 than you did in 1999. Not being able to place ride entrance and exits is such a basic for creating the fantastic parts the last games inspired that I don't even have an argument for it because we never would have imagined we'd need to. The mentality of being fine with it is not helping the game or the industry--it's killing it. That sounds like the few people who were "fine" with the original teaser trailer.
    Asking for more is what drives innovation. Complacency from a minority will sink this game as the rest of the world have moved on to the bigger and better.

I know what the "little faces" above the guests are for. The point is that they would be unnecessary if the animation was even half as good as RCT3. I'm not saying it can't be fixed, but it's not going to happen in a couple updates. This is going to take an overhaul.

The list in this thread is not a wishlist of the awesome ideas we had back in the middle of 2015 that were going to push the series to be the next generation of RCT... it's a baseline. I tried to make it as simple as I can. The rest of the community, as can be seen on Steam, have vented their feelings. Hopefully, my two cents can help. The only concern is if it will be too little too late.

Newcomer
    RCTW looks so much better then any other game out there like it.

The ride animations are fine, I really don't even know what you mean by this comment.[/COLOR]

The little faces are there to help show the players what the peeps are feeling and how the rides have effected them.
    [*]Shops that aren't giant hotdogs or ice cream sundaes or... Chinese food boxes?
    Every RCT game the stalls have been made this way. Tho the current GUI is kinda cluttered I feel.[/LIST]
    I didn't want to read through pages of posts, but these made me laugh.

-It doesn't look better than any other game out there.
    -The ride animations are not ok, the evolution just goes up and spins, thats suppose to do a full rotation, not just stop at the top~ the troika's cars don't swing out, and for some reason the arms raise up before it starts spinning, the top spin just spins and spins and spins, and its unnecessarily large, why'd they add all these pools infront? also the Diskus, I saw that spinning in a stream the other day, it was funny. RCT3 had better physics / animations for their rides.
    -the little faces above guests are nothing but clutter.
    -Yes, previous RCT games had hotdogs and giant ice creams, but RCT3 gave us a generic "stall" where we could select what we want sold.
    Last edited by Aaronroberts; 05-22-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGTALGOODIES View Post

For me its not understandable and its not acceptable that some of the pride and joy basic such as (Peeps) are bad in every aspect of them, from animation, rendering, behaviors, AI, feel and look! For me They are just a bad model all around and should be scraped.
    That's the sad part. I would love for basic features to improve but so many aspects of the game--from the guest models to the ride entrance and exit systems--are so far away from acceptable that it's hard to imagine anything can save them but to be completely scrapped and overhauled. Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't love that. If they introduced us to the the new guest models tomorrow that come in families and groups and actually have fun, expressive faces and animations and clothes that weren't just 2007 textures, I would be overjoyed. But any realistic person today knows it's highly improbable there's enough time/resources for that and there hasn't been any information out there to suggest otherwise.
    Really, I wish Nvizzio had had more time and their own shot at a vision for this game. But like I said, there are just too many deal breakers right now that feel more than a few early access updates away. However, I would welcome information that would suggest otherwise....

Park Patron
    That's the sad part. I would love for basic features to improve but so many aspects of the game--from the guest models to the ride entrance and exit systems--are so far away from acceptable that it's hard to imagine anything can save them but to be completely scrapped and overhauled. Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't love that. If they introduced us to the the new guest models tomorrow that come in families and groups and actually have fun, expressive faces and animations and clothes that weren't just 2007 textures, I would be overjoyed. But any realistic person today knows it's highly improbable there's enough time/resources for that and there hasn't been any information out there to suggest otherwise.
    Really, I wish Nvizzio had had more time and their own shot at a vision for this game. But like I said, there are just too many deal breakers right now that feel more than a few early access updates away. However, I would welcome information that would suggest otherwise....
    Clearly you have not played the latest version of the game, the peeps textures look fine. So are the ride entrances and exits systems so you can pick where they are big whoop get over it man and enjoy the game because its great and by far the best game like it right now.

New guest models tomorrow....... Yeah because that is totally realistic goal, you clearly don't understand just how much work goes into a game, its not that easy just to pump out a bunch of new models and animations.

New guest models tomorrow....... Yeah because that is totally realistic goal, you clearly don't understand just how much work goes into a game, its not that easy just to pump out a bunch of new models and animations.
    This sentence alone tells me you are missing the point. I agree and fully understand that it's unrealistic for new guests to be revealed tomorrow, and that's exactly the problem. There is hardly enough time and resources available at this point to start the guest models over.. which is exactly what would need to happen for this game to compete with the rest of the simulation games from the past 10 years.
    If you are fine with the look of the guests, that is good for you. I'm glad a minority of people can enjoy the game in the state it's in right now. But your standards are not up to par with the rest of the world who are living here in 2016. As I said before, though, I think you're being purposefully obtuse about that.

So, in order to get us back on track, are there any things you (or anyone else here) are expecting for full release that we've yet to see?

Park Patron
    This sentence alone tells me you are missing the point. I agree and fully understand that it's unrealistic for new guests to be revealed tomorrow, and that's exactly the problem. There is hardly enough time and resources available at this point to start the guest models over.. which is exactly what would need to happen for this game to compete with the rest of the simulation games from the past 10 years.
    If you are fine with the look of the guests, that is good for you. I'm glad a minority of people can enjoy the game in the state it's in right now. But your standards are not up to par with the rest of the world who are living here in 2016. As I said before, though, I think you're being purposefully obtuse about that.

So, in order to get us back on track, are there any things you (or anyone else here) are expecting for full release that we've yet to see?
    I think you are missing the point the peeps are fine as they are and they have already stated that they are still working on them to make people like you happier. Do you even remember what the peeps looked like in RCT3??? I don't think you do. You also clearly don't know what Early Access means. Hardly enough time and resource? So what, now you are claiming to know what they have in the bank? My standards wow could you be any more naive? You don't even know me buddy.

What I mean by "any other game out there like it" is just that is is better then any other game like it out there currently.

You shouldn't be "fine" with getting less from a game in 2016 than you did in 1999. The game is in Early Access what part of that don't you understand????

Again, so what if you cant pick where the
    entrance and exits are, seriously man move on.

Half the people on steam that vented how they feel are just hating on it because they felt like they got burned because the game was delayed so much and then pushed to early access most of them didn't even play more then a hour of the game so they really have no right to say any thing if they aren't going to give it a fair chance and review it with some self respect.

RCT3 was one of the worst RCT games the only thing that made that game stand out so much was the fact it was the first RCT game that was 3d. The little face are very much needed to show info to you the player just like animations are.

lol I'm done wasting my time on these two planet coaster fan boys, should of know this was just a troll post its clear as day they haven't played the latest version.
    Last edited by deathtome; 05-08-2016 at 03:45 AM.

Sheriff Deathtome! the peeps are not just fine and only improvement from last patch is they are a bit more high res but they still not enjoyable to look at, how ever we do see a few less robots arms and constipated zombies lol but man their faces and stances and animations blows my mind how its not up to par.

Look how the rides controllers how they behave and look at their faces even in the food stalls and you tell me they are fine Deathtome! lol. Like i said Deathtome! if your happy with how they are you will be among a very small amount of people left playing the game because that game i wont name the peeps are so freaking awesome to watch and look at and that alone will make many people switch over! heck in the latest stream they showed they now start dancing when they are around music and let me tell you the animation and their expression as nice loving and charming feeling to them they are just what you would expect for 2016 and more its almost like they are from a cartoon movie that's how good they are.

Deathtome! every time some good is said you always sugar coat it and make it seem so good and every time something bad is said you go into Sheriff mode lol. Your not going to help make this game better if you say things are fine when they are obviously not common man!

Being able to pick where the ride exit and entrance goes as always been part of the RCT and even, once again that game i wont name and more! are using this principle. Why should that change when this RCT as always been about (Customization).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast