Thread: Looking back on RCTW "Behind the Scenes"

Looking back on RCTW "Behind the Scenes"

Decided to take a look back on the "Behind the Scenes" video from September 2015. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03tQP6pulHM

I have to say, the video was very well presented.

Now with EA, I think it's appropriate to look back on some of these videos to allow Atari to understand that we have not forgotten what they told us was possible. I challenge Atari to persevere and take into consideration EVERY statement they have made back in September and use it to really push the game forward to what they said they would deliver in that video.

Also, where are the prebuilt Six Flags Rollercoasters?

And by the way, that video's like/dislike ratio was 3725/124. Not bad. Because of this, I think this video should be a motivator for the game to push forward and live up to its name. I'm enjoying the game, but I think this game still needs to "take what fans loved about the previous RCT's, and add next gen polish on top of that".

Fans: What do you think of this video now?

Passive Peep
    Thanks for bringing this one.

So, let me share simple and direct. This video is well presented, touching our heart straight from the opening, punching into memories of good times(RCT3). It's marketing. I was sold to this title before it came out(even early access mode)

The game foundation is very strong. It's not complete at this moment of this post. It has the potential of being awesome and great for years, it need us fans to believe in NVIZZIO, who's in a real death-match for this franchise, it succeed or die...

I care less about plugging in atari or six-flags or any other name than a fine working basic game engine. If they end up putting product placement instead of filling fans needs, I won't be surprise or disappointed at Atari, I have no faith whatsoever in them, and will call it a miracle if they do us Tycoons some good in the end. I would not be surprise to see some private(advertisement) money pouring in...to keep the title alive.

For the people who really make this game(NVIZZIO), I care, as they are working very hard for us. From my understanding, they took this game up from scratch, they did not have full access to previous codes, or lost the experienced workers(coders, animators, and the rest of them!) the previous developer had. They are the one we fans must support, love, help and cooperate with. I care not for the one selling and looking for the money. I will pay a fairly high amount for a working product I enjoy, straight and simple. And I will gladly share my gaming experience on public channels like youtube, ending up making product placement for them, free marketing.

This franchise is ups-and-downs, a real wild roller coaster ride, they have taken the gambit, now THEY MUST DELIVER, and their finances will be fine. It really has amazing potential to have a great life and very strong community building around it, assuring them not only short or medium terms revenues but also for sequels(like aquatic, zoo, hotels and more packs) and even thinking long term for RCT5. RCTW is RCT4, no matter the mobile number there is.

Thank you for reading, and sharing thoughts. Please tell me, am I making some sort of logical sense here?

Tycoons are here.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 04-26-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTWLemondude617 View Post
    Also, where are the prebuilt Six Flags Rollercoasters?
    They never said that there will be six flags rollercoasters.
    My current collection:
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 Deluxe Edition (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum! (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon World Deluxe Edition (steam)
    *Planet Coaster Deluxe Edition
    *Parkitect

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsti12 View Post
    No, they didn't say it but it was my first intention. I don't really know what their idea was? They told us about a collaboration with sixflags...but what did they do. The didn't give them licenses for rides or parks, they didn't help them with ride-physics and ride-movements...they didn't give them anything. So what was the point of hiring them? Just advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Horsti12 View Post
    I know, but it would be cool :P

Quote Originally Posted by NickNem View Post
    No, they didn't say it but it was my first intention. I don't really know what their idea was? They told us about a collaboration with sixflags...but what did they do. The didn't give them licenses for rides or parks, they didn't help them with ride-physics and ride-movements...they didn't give them anything. So what was the point of hiring them? Just advertising?
    I'm guessing advertising.. I saw a banner in six flags for RCTW. On the App for six flags there is a 'promotion' for RCTW. Although, they did mention that they studied the schematics of the guest patterns.. Could this mean no collisions? Groups? Better AI? It's maybe just for advertising though..
    Coaster Enthusiast - RCT Fan

Coaster Count: 50

Park Patron
    The "Ring of Fire" is modeled after a ride that six flags has called "Fireball".

Last edited by deathtome; 04-27-2016 at 01:58 AM.