Thread: Souvenir stalls making peeps really angry

Souvenir stalls making peeps really angry

I've searched for this bug and haven't seen anyone really talk about it. I'm sure it's a bug, though, since I can't figure out how to fix it. Every time a peep visits a souvenir stall, they get really angry. They beg for souvenir stalls and when I put one in, they get mad at what's sold. I've tried to change prices - even made them free. I changed the age level... still makes them mad every time they go there. It's a significant change in the happiness level, not a slight one.

I have also noticed a happiness bug in general. In fact most of my peeps have a negative score in happiness. And yes the souvenir stalls seem to anger them even more.

I wonder if it's to do with the target audience of the stalls?
    Also noticed that a lot of people come out my restaurants feeling sick (think my staff need food hygiene training to stop giving peeps food poisoning)

Professional Lurker Vanillepink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    I wonder if it's to do with the target audience of the stalls?
    Also noticed that a lot of people come out my restaurants feeling sick (think my staff need food hygiene training to stop giving peeps food poisoning)
    This is a good guess
    ~ Vanillepink - o(^▽^)o

Thanks Vanillepink - Im just thinking that I often forget to change the target audience of stalls so peeps might want a balloon but come away from a balloon stall angry with 'i suppose this balloon will have to do for now' thought as they are a kid and the stall is aimed at teens for example

However, that still makes no sense. If the target audience is "Kids" then kids should make the purchase. If a teen walks in a store not targeted to them, wouldn't they just not make a purchase all together? Why buy something then be angry about it. I can't help but think this is a bug and not due to the peep not being the target group. As I have mentioned, all my peeps have a negative happiness rating. ALL OF THEM. And I am curious as to what the purpose of having a target audience is? IS it that the target audience is more likely to pay a higher price. If I place a balloon stall with Adults as the target, would I not sell as many balloons as I would I had chosen teens or kids? I am curious to know if changing the target actually helps, but as I stated earlier, it would make much more sense that a peep simply didn't make a purchase or had to be at a higher level of happiness to make a purchase if it is not the intended audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillepink View Post
    This is a good guess
    I thought of that too so I tested it before I started this thread. I've changed the target audience and watched while everyone - of all ages - buys and gets angry - regardless of the target group.