Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWS: "Atari: We won't walk away from Rollercoaster Tycoon World"

Do they really only have one Audio producer on the entire team...

Passive Peep
    If I was a moderator here I would close this thread on the grounds of Rick Astley video.

We have been RICK ROLLED.

I dont know that only 1 audio engineer is a bad thing. What are they going to work on, park sounds, and a few music tracks for the rides? How many ride/music tracks did we have in RCT3, a dozen... So one engineer seems adequate over these many months.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    I dont know that only 1 audio engineer is a bad thing. What are they going to work on, park sounds, and a few music tracks for the rides? How many ride/music tracks did we have in RCT3, a dozen... So one engineer seems adequate over these many months.
    The sound was one of the things I thought were pretty horrible when I played it. The kids crying and screaming seemed to come from a horror movie and some sounds from the stations from an adult movie... The ride and coaster sounds were ok but could be a lot better as well. The music isn't bad. I guess it was too much for one person to get it right. I hope it gets better overtime.

Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by rforeman View Post
    We have been RICK ROLLED.
    That had me ROLLING!
    Team: RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or even just to chat about your favorite roller coasters! Our team of mods are here to help in anyway possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTWLemondude617 View Post
    Saw this article saying that Atari will not give up with the production of RCTW.

Here's the link to see for yourself: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/atari...tycoon/0165459

I decided to copy paste all of the article's content so it will be easier to respond to bits and peices of the article, so here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It may have received a critical mauling, but Atari says it’s not about to give up on its new Rollercoaster Tycoon game.

The CEO of Atari says Rollercoaster Tycoon World is already looking and playing better than it was a week ago, and that there are 55 full-time staff working on the project – a number that rises to around 80 when you factor in contractors.

Rollercoaster Tycoon World has gone through multiple developers and was due to arrive at the end of 2015. It finally turned up on Steam’s Early Access - a platform for unfinished titles - last month, with the user reviews being ‘mostly negative’.

“We have had a number of negative reactions from launch,” said Atari CEO Frederic Chesnais. “But if you look at the number of concurrent users – people playing the game – I think it is pretty good. It’s a long run, this isn’t a hit and run project, we’re not about to walk away. There is a lot to come, and we have a post-launch plan to introduce new features.”

One of the game’s criticisms focused on its low quality visuals, and Chesnais says this was due to the team being nervous about the game’s performance.

“I take the blame on that,” he said. “We were just a bit shy and afraid of things like frame rates. Before we launched Rollercoaster Tycoon World we were receiving feedback about frame rate issues that we weren’t seeing on our end sometimes. So we thought there might be a disconnect and that perhaps we were asking too much from players in terms of performance from their computers. So I said let’s put the focus on performance over the visual quality.

“We could have released the game in 4K, but we decided to go in the direction of performance over visual quality. I think the balance hasn’t been right, so that is why we have effectively reversed it with our latest update.”

He added that the firm has read all the online reviews, although not all of them have been helpful.

Chesnais added: “If you work two years on a project and love your game, and then you release it and you have positive and negative reviews and other reviews – and by ‘other’ I mean people who trash the game even if they’ve barely played it – then, well, you have to love your job, right?

“What I want to say is that we do read what people are writing. Even if it is positive or negative, we look at it and work out how to make the game better. We do read all the reviews. We do care.”
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on this article?
    "I'm not letting shenanigans keep me down and neither should you."

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    "I'm not letting shenanigans keep me down and neither should you."
    If you haven't seen the movie Stig then this doesn't make much sense but I couldn't resist...

Quote Originally Posted by RCTWLemondude617 View Post
    “We have had a number of negative reactions from launch,” said Atari CEO Frederic Chesnais. “But if you look at the number of concurrent users – people playing the game – I think it is pretty good.

It's not great Fred

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Sound design for video games is not as easy as you would think. I'm in college right now studying sound, and have owned a recording studio in the past with my father. One sound guy isn't gonna cut it for a AAA game. And it really shows in the game.

Not to make this a competition but the other game has over 10 people on their Audio staff and that's not even including the people they contracted.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast