Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you have issues with your game freezing or lagging. Please Read, ASAP

Smile If you have issues with your game freezing or lagging. Please Read, ASAP

Go to your pc settings in Msconfig
    Head to the Boot tab
    Click on Advanced.
    go to Number of processors.
    and select how many you have.
    Activate them,

It worked for me
    Should work for you.........

just tried this. huge difference. must try for anyone out there

Glad it worked

Do people run with more then one processor? Otherwise this wont make a difference.

That incredibly stabilized my framerate to 30fps (which seems to be a limit for me, because it does not move from 30 since I access the main menu). Was near 20 before touching msconfig.

i set my two pc's to all 4 and it worked,
    try it dude itll work. might still freeze a little but not as bad..

That's actually not entirely true if you are running Windows 8.1 or 10... If you leave it unchecked Windows will allocate the resources to the cores in the exact same way as it would if you manually select it.. Any performance would be almost a placebo.. If you DO get a performance increase by doing this, your set up might be incorrect to start with....

Taken directly from the Microsoft forums:

"The default setting would be having the "Number of processors" checkbox unchecked. This will permit all CPUs (cores) to be used. If you set this to 1 then only one core will be used, resulting in impaired performance. There is no practical difference between having the checkbox unchecked and setting this to the number of cores you have. The setting is primarily for testing purposes." - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...396c7ee?auth=1

Quote Originally Posted by AaronTuckwell View Post
    That's actually not entirely true if you are running Windows 8.1 or 10... If you leave it unchecked Windows will allocate the resources to the cores in the exact same way as it would if you manually select it.. Any performance would be almost a placebo.. If you DO get a performance increase by doing this, your set up might be incorrect to start with....

Taken directly from the Microsoft forums:

"The default setting would be having the "Number of processors" checkbox unchecked. This will permit all CPUs (cores) to be used. If you set this to 1 then only one core will be used, resulting in impaired performance. There is no practical difference between having the checkbox unchecked and setting this to the number of cores you have. The setting is primarily for testing purposes." - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...396c7ee?auth=1
    My point exactly. This setting is pretty much there to override any issues when running more then one cpu (or logical cores as well). If this setting makes a difference there are bigger issues like you said. I've tested both ways and no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Justadude View Post
    My point exactly. This setting is pretty much there to override any issues when running more then one cpu (or logical cores as well). If this setting makes a difference there are bigger issues like you said. I've tested both ways and no difference.
    Same here.. All 8 cores are being utilised the same whether I have set it to 8 or let Windows manage it.. And the performance of the game remains stable.. But I know that on some machines it might make a difference, but that will be mainly down to a set-up that needs some TLC or is mis-configured some-how.

The other thing you can try is the "Large Address Aware" thing that was going around a few years back.. It tells software to ignore the RAM caps built in and let the system manage it instead. It worked an absolute treat on RCT3, but I very much doubt this would be needed in RCTW as it's a modern game for modern machines.. So in theory should already be aware of what RAM it can use..

THIS WORKED.....sooooo much better! Anyone having issue with their graphics, check this first!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast