Thread: The Big Black Screen Topic!

Lightbulb The Big Black Screen Topic!

Last edited by TerrorToetje; 04-08-2016 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Linked to steam guides!

Passive Peep
    I had a black screen issue but I managed to fix it by creating a new user account on my computer and I logged onto the same steam and it worked

Quote Originally Posted by JHouston View Post
    I had a black screen issue but I managed to fix it by creating a new user account on my computer and I logged onto the same steam and it worked
    Yes, I just fixed this case aswell, however you don't need a new user at all, the current user has no rights to write to the folder LocalLow... so it's not able to create the settings folder "Nvizzio Creations". Running the game as admin > RollerCoaster Tycoon World.exe in the directory Steam\steamapps\common\RollerCoaster Tycoon World Fixed it for this user.

Maybe Adding this user to Admin group fixes this aswell using Windows + R and then compmgmt.msc

Alternative you can create the Nvizzio Creations folder under C:\Users\your username\AppData\LocalLow and give the user full controll over that folder!
    Last edited by TerrorToetje; 04-07-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Added this to steam guide section aswell > http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=660997633

Update: 8-4-2016 (Reworked and added images)
    Last edited by TerrorToetje; 04-08-2016 at 05:09 AM.

I'm not understanding this, mine has never worked, I followed the link above but that folder is there for me???? I ran as administrative and I have full access I am still getting the black screen??

Hey Nicole,

Please add me on Steam (Nookriot) and I will do my best to help you get this issue resolved.

As info, it could be a few different issues and depending on the specs of your PC, the explanations would take too long here on the forums.

Look forward to helping you!

Community Manager - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Doesn't work for me.
    R9 280X @ AMD Crimson 16.4.1
    WIN10
    There was no folder in localLow

Quote Originally Posted by VdBask View Post
    Doesn't work for me.
    R9 280X @ AMD Crimson 16.4.1
    WIN10
    There was no folder in localLow
    Thats the reason you got a Black Screen, the game is not able to make that directory!
    Perhaps make the folder by hand and give your user full control over it.