Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stop moving the dang camera!!!

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by djshotty View Post
    Every time I try to build something, especially a coaster, the point of view camera moves! I set my point of view in a spot where I can see the track section straight ahead, I click on the node and Bam! the camera moves, hiding the node I want to work on behind the Build menu at the bottom of the screen.
    Way I read it, he was talking about coaster specifically. I may have confused Tycoons, but admitting I am too. I really thought it was the coaster building camera topic here.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbittibbi View Post
    Way I read it, he was talking about coaster specifically. I may have confused Tycoons, but admitting I am too. I really thought it was the coaster building camera topic here.
    That was my thought too. The camera movement when you select a node is largely fixed if you uncheck "Auto-Focus Camera" or something along those lines in the main menu. The terrain, on the other hand, is something that hasn't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    Is this also why My camera will end up on another part of the map as soon as I un-lag in building/editing mode?
    Is what you guys' are describing the reason for my lag in building/editing mod to begin with?
    I'm confident that once the developers solve the POV camera problems, those 'fixes' will cascade and sort out stuff like what you're experiencing, plus the dramas with the walkway editor that so many players are having. It's all got to do with how the game handles collisions in 3D space, and the fact there's nothing in RCTW to resemble RCT3's ability to ignore terrain + scenery. I'd love the ability to build underground like I could in RCT3, and even build glass tunnels so I can make 'underwater' coasters, but let's just get two things fixed as a priority:
    (i) Keep the POV camera point still when selecting a node point to edit in the coaster builder, and
    (ii) Force the POV camera to follow a straight line when moving in any direction.
    Also, where ever my new camera position may be- the track/path i was building extends to the new camera position which sometimes ends up being on the other side of the map. I wonder if this is why sometimes my game just crashes while in building/editing mode. Quite often I end up needing to restart the game because my camera view ends up stuck OUTSIDE the actual park.
    Not sure on that one, I'd say it's something you'd get Vanillepink to ask the dev's about...
    Yes there is a need for reply, don't get me wrong. This issue is big, yes to it as well, just that some off-topic matter felt into it, just wanted to put people back on track. Way I read it, he was talking about coaster specifically. I may have confused Tycoons, but admitting I am too. I really thought it was the coaster building camera topic here.
    Um, seeming though I'm the one who submitted this issue in the first place, and am therefore the OP, don't you think I should be the one who decides whether a post is "on track" (as you put it) or not?
    The issues I have been experiencing with the POV camera affect the ENTIRE GAME, Abbittibbi, and not just the coaster builder. Watch my latest video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p_4-AMAlSg

and if you can't work out what my issues are, then the versions of the game I've been running since October 2015 are different from yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    That was my thought too. The camera movement when you select a node is largely fixed if you uncheck "Auto-Focus Camera" or something along those lines in the main menu. The terrain, on the other hand, is something that hasn't been fixed yet.
    That option change you're suggesting has never worked for me. I know I'm not running DirectX 12, but when my PC more than adequately meets the dev's minimum specs, the issues are at their end...
    Last edited by djshotty; 05-02-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Passive Peep
    @DJSHotty: Good day to you

Yes, you're master of your thread but you cannot yell at me for my confusion based on WHAT YOU WRITE. You really said it was mainly during coaster building, and now it's about everything, and yet your video confirm I am right, you only show coaster.

Yes I experience the same issue as you do, and cursing it too. But there is not point in pushing people who are trying to understand, support and make sure theses issues go away,

I agree with you an yet I get an ear fold, that is not nice.

Simple, plain.

Can I make honest mistakes due to language limitations? YESSSSS....
    Do I need approval from you for posting? NOOOOOO....
    Can you limit my freewill? NOOOO...
    Do I need to agree with you? NOOOOO....
    Is this a place of open, friendly debates? YESSSSS

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 05-03-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Yes, you're master of your thread but you cannot yell at me for my confusion based on WHAT YOU WRITE. You really said it was mainly during coaster building, and now it's about everything, and yet your video confirm I am right, you only show coaster.
    In a video that's only three minutes and five seconds long, watch and listen closely at the one minute thirty second mark, where I AGAIN explain about the issue with the POV camera sticking to the terrain.

Yes I experience the same issue as you do, and cursing it too. But there is not point in pushing people who are trying to understand, support and make sure theses issues go away,
    Well, when in the first post of this thread I make clear explanations that the issues with the POV camera are DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED TO how it ties itself to the terrain below it, and clearly show in the videos I've shared to Youtube the problems with the POV camera and how it moves on its own when using the coaster builder, my apologies for not speaking 'your' language.

Can I make honest mistakes due to language limitations? YESSSSS....
    But when I post everything in clear layman's English, I don't see your point.

Do I need approval from you for posting? NOOOOOO....
    But to come on here and say I (and others) are going off-topic - when in all truth no-one except you have - is quite rude.

Can you limit my freewill? NOOOO...
    You're the one saying you have difficulty understanding simple language, not me.

Do I need to agree with you? NOOOOO....
    Nor have I ever expected you to, but what I DO hope for is that people don't rubbish me by saying I don't explain things clearly enough for them. I am in no way responsible for your intelligence, or lack of it.

Is this a place of open, friendly debates? YESSSSS
    Agreed, but it's NOT a place where people who post their thoughts on the game expect to be 'flamed'.
    Last edited by djshotty; 05-03-2016 at 08:04 AM.

Park Patron

I agree with you an yet I get an ear fold, that is not nice.
    That's been my experience in this thread as well.

Dj'shotty-> Thanks for the feed back on our issues/concerns my man. Really Appreciated^^

Well, the latest update has failed to address the problem of the camera hugging the terrain as a player moves it around over hills and valleys. I will say though, it seems like they've sorted out how the camera position moves when selecting or placing a node point during coaster editing...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345