Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop moving the dang camera!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    Sure it does, when you're building coasters and when you disable the feature from the main menu, not the in-game menu. The option in the menu in-game did nothing.
    Um, no it doesn't mate. Even after setting options on the main landing screen (NOT in-game menu) to these:
    settingsmain.jpg
    the camera STILL follows the terrain as I use A, D, W and S keys, or move the cursor to the edge of the screen and scroll in any direction. Also, if I'm across the far side of the park, line up the park entry building to be in the centre of the screen then mousewheel zoom in, the camera will move up and down as it follows the terrain below the camera point. There is no option in any menu anywhere within the game that can unbind the camera block from the terrain, nor is there an option to fix the camera to a frozen point in space while allowing the object in view to be manipulated with precision. Obviously the guys and gals who are writing this game have never played RCT3, or used any computer aided design program in their lives, else they'd know what I'm talking about and also be able to fix this MAJOR FLAW!!!

Park Patron
    That's because I'm not talking about terrain. Just coaster building.

That's because I'm not talking about terrain. Just coaster building.
    You explain to me then how I'm supposed to get intricate with a piece of track when the point of view they supply won't keep still, muppet! Every time you try to move your point of view the camera follows the up's and down's of the terrain, making it quite difficult to build with any precision over hills and down into valleys that you've created.

Park Patron
    I answered in the other thread; no need to keep clogging the forum with the same conversation.

I answered in the other thread; no need to keep clogging the forum with the same conversation.
    Oh, so you're going to give me a lesson on bulletin board etiquette now? Considering this here is the ORIGINAL thread, I'd like to hope that the developers see my issue as important enough to fix with the next update, and that your ideas don't work...

Park Patron
    Wow. That wasn't a lesson in etiquette, that was me letting you know where I was answering your question. There is no need for so much hostility and negativity. One of your original statements was "I click on the node and Bam! the camera moves". I offered a suggestion for that one particular problem. I don't see why you're so frustrated with me for offering a suggestion for the time being that doesn't address ALL the issues but works for me and many others here who were frustrated that clicking a node by default moves the camera.

Here you go Casiquire, a video to explain what I believe to be the biggest flaw in the game - a flaw the game's UI/UX developers still are yet to sort out...
    http://youtu.be/b5qqOsiWOpc

Hope that gets you to understand why I'm so pierced orff!!!

Park Patron
    I understand that and never said it wasn't a legitimate point.

I understand that and never said it wasn't a legitimate point.
    It certainly seemed to me that you didn't understand what I was trying to say, and also you gave the impression that the issue I have wasn't as important as making sure people walking through the park didn't urinate on paths we'd managed to make connect to each other, or what the buildings for mechanics and janitors looked like, or that the park guests looked ugly.
    I produced that video to highlight what I believe the most important issue with the game is. There's no computer aided design program on Windows or Mac which does not allow the user to lock the camera in place whilst making alterations to a three dimensional object. Then, whilst moving the POV camera around the object, it certainly doesn't float up and down whilst following 'virtual terrain' below the camera point.
    What needs to happen is this: the camera point needs to have omnidirectional control to spin your view in any direction, similar to standing still in the centre of a carousel and turning your head to look around. When moving the camera point in ANY direction, the movement MUST be linear, and not have its trajectory tied to the level of ground below it. You saw what happened when I went to select the node point on the track. That sort of rubbish is why I have come close on several occasions to smashing my AU$150 mouse through my keyboard. The stupid POV camera won't let me set it up in a spot where I can focus on what I want to build, it won't keep still when I go to select the object I want to work with and it won't keep still while I'm trying to make precise alterations to that object.
    Understand this as fact: what I'm jumping up and down about is the most important issue in any simulation game, and that's the ease of getting a damn good look at what you're trying to build and create. Forget about the peeps pissing on walkways and how often they vomit after riding a simple children's carousel. Instead you should focus on what's important, instead of ripping into a guy who was putting 20c pieces in Space Invaders machines before you were an itch in your dad's nutsack...

Park Patron
    Ripping into? I think my tone has been rather civilized and reasonable. Your original comment wasn't just about terrain, your very first complaint was "I click on the node and Bam! the camera moves, hiding the node I want to work on behind the Build menu at the bottom of the screen." That has nothing to do with terrain, and that's what I responded about. My response even said "it doesn't solve the issue of terrain or objects" so I understand the issue, and don't see a single comment of mine in this thread that implied that any other bug was more important than another. You're reading hostility and antagonism from me that just isn't there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast