Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop moving the dang camera!!!

Angry Stop moving the dang camera!!!

Every time I try to build something, especially a coaster, the point of view camera moves! I set my point of view in a spot where I can see the track section straight ahead, I click on the node and Bam! the camera moves, hiding the node I want to work on behind the Build menu at the bottom of the screen. It's like having a bunch of Lego blocks, and when you reach out to grab a block to make an alteration another person's got their hands on your shoulders, and they shaking you in such a way that your head bobbles around while your arms move the blocks around. Then, you go to move the point of view perspective and the Lego block you've selected drags the other blocks away from the others like melted cheese off a pizza, all because the camera's following the line of a lake (hole in the ground full of water) you've made to fly the coaster over the top of!
    Imagine trying to rebuild a wristwatch that's sitting on a shelf in a cupboard, but when you poke your head in the cupboard and set yourself in a spot where you can clearly see what you're doing, next you grab a screwdriver and just as you're about to make contact with a tough-to-reach screw someone grabs you by the ears, twists your head around and pushes the watch to another part of the cupboard. That's my interpretation of how f***ing annoying it is to work with any precision on a piece of coaster track in this simulator, when both that track piece and my eye-point move around like eels on the deck of the boat in that Perfect Storm movie!

Look, I want the camera to stay still while I manipulate the track section (or park area) I'm working on, just like I could in RCT3. At present, the moment I grab a part of track and try to manipulate it, the camera wants to move around too. It can't be that hard to lock the camera in place and let the mouse cursor make alterations to an object without moving the camera too! All I want to do is move my 'head' around so I'm looking at what I want to work on, then keep my 'head' and 'eyes' perfectly still while I manipulate the track pieces into PRECISELY the position/angle/curve/twist I want them to be. Surely it's not a huge request?

Oh, and while you're at it, fix the camera's flight paths so the point of view (camera box) ignores the terrain underneath it. No bigger PITA than zooming in on a part of a coaster track, or rotating the park around the camera base to get a better viewing angle on what I'm trying to work on in detail, then all of a sudden the height of that zoom or rotation path drops because it's following a line into a valley, or rises as it goes over a hill. If I'm (whatever) feet above the ground, let me do a full flat 360 degree spin on the X-axis without the up's and down's! If I'm 100ft. above the ground and I turn to put an object that's 1000ft. away into the centre of the screen, let me zoom in on that object along a linear path line from where my 'eyes' are now to where the object of my interest is at rest. Most importantly though, let me move the object around without moving the damn camera!
    Last edited by djshotty; 04-06-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Passive Peep
    Agree with this opinion; the camera has to be still for building, or at least give us the option to choose camera mode while building, some may want the auto-camera feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbittibbi View Post
    Agree with this opinion; the camera has to be still for building, or at least give us the option to choose camera mode while building, some may want the auto-camera feature.
    Oh thank God it's happening to someone else, and they seem as annoyed as I am. It's well after midnight here now, and too late for me to go on, but when I get some time with the game today I'm going to make a video to try and describe what I'm talking about. Thanks heaps though, Abbittibbi, for being on the same train of thought and frustration as I am...

Park Patron
    There's an auto-focus option in the main menu that stops the camera from moving. That might help a bit

Got to agree, especially the bit about the camera being affected by the terrain. I tried making a big pit to create a dive coaster, but the camera became really hard to work with as it was zooming in and out whilst working at the different height levels. The auto-focus options didn't seem to help.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhi View Post
    Got to agree, especially the bit about the camera being affected by the terrain. I tried making a big pit to create a dive coaster, but the camera became really hard to work with as it was zooming in and out whilst working at the different height levels. The auto-focus options didn't seem to help.
    Auto-focus only works when coaster-building, and the in-game portion doesn't work on my computer. When is disabled from the main menu it seems to work, but it doesn't solve the issue of terrain or objects which can also be annoying.

I'm working with the Update now, and guess what? The camera paths are still tethered to the terrain, and the POV position cannot be 'locked' into place before selecting a track piece to work on.

Newcomer
    Agreed - leave the camera still while coaster building please!

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    There's an auto-focus option in the main menu that stops the camera from moving. That might help a bit
    Doesn't make any difference, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    Agreed - leave the camera still while coaster building please!
    Spot on. We want to position ourselves where we can see the job in front of us, then go ahead and manipulate the chosen section of track without needing to reposition our point of view. It's the most major flaw in the game, and I wish the developers would fix that instead of worrying about people coming into the park and vomiting on the footpaths. It's all in the physics of collision, and if the camera doesn't stop jumping all over the place while I'm trying to get a good view of a section of track, I'm going to smash my mouse into my laptop screen then send Nvizzio Creations a bill to replace them both...

Park Patron
    Sure it does, when you're building coasters and when you disable the feature from the main menu, not the in-game menu. The option in the menu in-game did nothing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast