Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible Coaster Physics!

Junior Enthusiast
    This confirms exactly what I have been suspecting.. Would be interesting to test the same with the beta 1 version as I can swear physics seemed alot better there.

Truly taking it to the next level.

Transports rides confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    Ah ok, I thought it would have been just slightly better after 2 years of development or whatever it's been now.
    Cheer up AUS. It'll come around

Junior Enthusiast
    I probably should not say this here but I gave this test a try just now in beta 1 version and there is actually proper friction there. Not only can you feel the difference more when it accelerates and slows down, but it also slows down properly on straight sections due to friction.
    The coaster cam oddly enough also appears much smoother in beta version when turning, which is an issue i first really noticed during that december stream when they added prebuilt/pbp track building.

I really wonder what they did between now and the beta that completely ruined physics.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I probably should not say this here but I gave this test a try just now in beta 1 version and there is actually proper friction there. Not only can you feel the difference more when it accelerates and slows down, but it also slows down properly on straight sections due to friction.
    The coaster cam oddly enough also appears much smoother in beta version when turning, which is an issue i first really noticed during that december stream when they added prebuilt/pbp track building.

I really wonder what they did between now and the beta that completely ruined physics.
    They optimized the game so much had to remove friction from the coasters

Park Patron
    I have to disagree about the coaster cam, but I'll take your word for it on the physics. I don't recall feeling like this were speeding up during the beta. My cam is much smoother now though.

Sorry guys i just kept pushin the coaster because it was boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Sorry guys i just kept pushin the coaster because it was boring.
    I was thinking about making it slower without any hills and use it as a transport ride!

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by AUS_Twisted View Post
    They optimized the game so much had to remove friction from the coasters
    I actually think it has something to do with the optimization. I've seen a few things from people who "opened up" the beta (including a few flatrides) and it looked way better. It's like they didn't knew what was causing the bad framerate and toned down everything to get it to run smooth. Considering it still doesn't run smooth makes me fear there is something wrong at the core of the game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast