Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stops responding shortly after loading game

Stops responding shortly after loading game

Shortly after loading a save game RCTW stops responding. This happens approx. one minute after starting. CPU and RAM only 50% in use. The PC far exceeds the recommended system requirements. This happens every time I load the save game.

The park consist of 1300 peeps, densely packed scenery, many pathways, shops, every sci-fi and western flatride and two coasters. Park value is around $45.000 with two pieces of extra bought land.

This (performance) problem renders this save game unplayable and happens every time I try to make a nice park. Not fun.

just have to wait about 10-15mn. eventually it will come back on.
    The game is greatly optimized.

After they spent 5 months "optimising" it? Surely not!

I'm having the same with a park of 2,300 peeps, but stops responding instantly.

Nvizzio Developer
    Hey guys ! thanks for playing the game and helping us making it better. Would it be possible to have a .zip of your save game it would help us to narrow down the problem. P.S. From what i know it can some time take time to load a big and complex park, sorry for the inconvenient.

Sure, please let me know where the save games are located. Couldn't find a folder in the install directory or my documents.

Nvizzio Developer
    You should be able to find them in : Local disk/ users/ *name*/ App data/ LocalLow/ Nvizzio Creation/ RollerCoaster Tycoon World/ Saves

Here you go: https://we.tl/kMAZCgJMjz (wetransfer link, file was too large to add as attachment)

Game loads successful, but after playing for max a few minutes while placing scenery or roads the game stops responding.
    This also happens after skipping the active tutorial and the next one.

Professional Lurker Vanillepink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariose View Post
    Here you go: https://we.tl/kMAZCgJMjz (wetransfer link, file was too large to add as attachment)

Game loads successful, but after playing for max a few minutes while placing scenery or roads the game stops responding.
    This also happens after skipping the active tutorial and the next one.
    Are you still having issues?
    ~ Vanillepink - o(^▽^)o

What does it mean when the game crashes and it gives no reason why? It literally just disappears after lagging and freezing for a few minutes. No errors, popups, etc, just vanishes from my screen as if I had never even opened it, yet Steam still says its running. This happens to me every single time I load a saved game, upon starting to build a coaster, etc. And ONLY when i start to build paths and coasters. The games are all sandboxes if thats relevant.

Since i stopped playing, i don't have the issue anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast