Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would appreciate Atari releasing a statement on the game and its future...

Exclamation I would appreciate Atari releasing a statement on the game and its future...

Hi Atari.

I, as I am sure many other fans here too, would appreciate it if you could come forth and release a statement on the state of Rollercoaster Tycoon World and its future...

In particular, I would like to know how a game you claimed was nearly finished and was just receiving some polish and optimisation for release, is then shunted to early access release and is in such a terrible state?!?

I would like to know just what work was being done on the game for the months-long silence that took place where we heard nothing from you???

And I would like to know what your future plans are for Rollercoaster Tycoon World?

I read the Atari CEO's letter just prior to release where he stated Atari were fully committed to the game. I can't help but wonder now if this letter was put out, just prior to release, because you knew of the poor state Rollercoaster Tycoon World was in and you hoped that letter would help quell the uproar that would follow...?

I have kept the game, I have not refunded it. I have decided to stick with you and see where future development goes. But I, and others whose reviews I've read/watched, are wondering if given such a horrific backlash of the game, and the terrible reputation it now has, is Atari still committed to the future of this game? Or are you going to cut your losses and walk away?

What has peed me off the most about the release of Rollercoaster Tycoon World is the fact that you said over and over again that the game was nearly finished and getting polished for release, and it's very clear to see that those statements were lies. I am stunned a big name company like Atari would do this to its customers! And when I look at the game, and at the epically detailed high resolution screenshots you used to promote the game, and that also appear in the Deluxe Edition digital art book which is quite nicely presented I have to say, and then I look at the game itself, I wonder how the game has degraded so much?!?

So I think you should show the community and the fan base a bit of respect and come forth and issue a statement on the future of this game, and perhaps tell us how this triple AAA game that was being polished for official release, ended up on early access in such a shambled state?
    Last edited by Paul_Boland; 04-02-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Passive Peep
    Atari will state anything. No statements appreciated, only act from their part can save them. No more hollow words....

Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    Atari will state anything. No statements appreciated, only act from their part can save them. No more hollow words....
    I totally agree! The days of me smiling when I see a block of text from Atari are over. But I think they should issue some sort of comment on where things stand.

Have you posted this on the Steam forum, Paul? The producers seem to be taking more note of that one. Plus it may come to Steam's attention.

Passive Peep
    I posted something like this and it got closed. The hope is gone, it's a sinking ship. I don't understand how this could have happened.

LOL. You cant even post a replay, without getting it checked....

Passive Peep
    Good luck getting a statement. The community manager won't even answer questions on the forums.

Mattlab, where are you?

Just a week ago he was all over the forums saying how great it is to finally be able to answer questions since the game will be "out in the open". Why isn't he answering our questions and responding to us now?

^The above comments were meant in no way to troll, or to bash Mattlab. Would just like an honest explanation on why every time negative reviews hit he goes silent.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    Yeah, someone should go through all the devblogs and see what was promised, then compare it to what was delivered. I'm tired of hearing "In the future, we will do this". This game has been in development for almost 5 months longer than the December 11 release date and honestly, they somehow managed to take a few steps back in that time (graphically). Although, the coaster editor is very improved, and with practice (as well as some minor tweaks in it's design) I think the community could really embrace it and make some amazing stuff. The problem is, the game might not be good enough as a whole to get people to invest the necessary time to create amazing coasters.

I cant speak for the devs but I suspect one problem was that the "beta" (the one released late last year) had huge performance issues on many PCs and the graphical downgrades are a (misguided judging by the complaints of FPS drops in early-access builds) attempt to solve that problem.

Like everytime someone gets released, Mattlab goes silent for a long time again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast