Thread: NODE Selecting (I submitted this big problem in October!)

NODE Selecting (I submitted this big problem in October!)

Back in October I submitted this. Unless you guys fixed this, and I'm missing something (I'd rather it be that way).

When you go back to select one of your main nodes on a coaster, the node jumps out of place and the track piece turns to a mess, 9 out of 10 times. If you want to do something simple, like add a bit more angle, you first have to RE-position the node again and try to align it back the way you had originally, before you can tweak it. Honestly, it's super infuriating.

Have the node remain stationary when selecting it -- change its color upon selection and then you'll be able to move it. May require 2 clicks (1-select 2-move).

Park Patron
    In my experience this is much improved since the beta, when the camera auto-adjusts the node usually stays put for me, but I've said in another suggestion here that node editing should be click-and-drag. Click and you can change the banking, etc, drag and you physically move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    In my experience this is much improved since the beta, when the camera auto-adjusts the node usually stays put for me, but I've said in another suggestion here that node editing should be click-and-drag. Click and you can change the banking, etc, drag and you physically move it.
    Agreed. It's better in some ways, but mostly it depends on where your camera is when you're doing it.
    Try to position yourself somewhere flat.

As a solution: How about a 'lock position' button? Toggling this will lock the node in it's current X, Y, Z coordinates.
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-01-2016 at 04:10 PM.

This is still something they should improve. I like Stig's idea with a lock button.