Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Early Access Dev Blog #2 - Day 1 Feedback

RCTW - Early Access Dev Blog #2 - Day 1 Feedback

Re-post from Steam RCTW News

Quote Originally Posted by Nvizzio Creations
    Hello Tycoons,

We wanted to touch base with you on the first comments we have received in the first 24 hours, and share with you some of the immediate priorities we are addressing straightaway:

1- Graphical quality – Please adjust your settings as indicated below

Thank you for all your constructive feedback on the graphic settings of the game. We will try to address some of your questions and concerns in the following explanations. We hope the follow will help clarify a few points.

Note 1:
    Some of you seem to experience lower than expected graphic quality. We believe this is due to our automatic graphic adjustment system. This system was implemented to automatically improve the frame-rate performance depending on your PC configurations. So yes, our default settings downgrade the assets.

While we work on overall graphical improvements, to make sure you run the game at the current highest graphic quality, you have to adjust the graphic settings as follows. To start, go into the Main Menu, then select ‘Options’ and go to ‘Graphics’, and make the adjustments as follows:

1. Quality settings: Set to custom
    2. Shadows: Enable
    3. Level of detail: Very High
    4. HBAO+: Enable
    5. Reflections: Enable
    6. Anti-Aliasing: Enable
    7. Shadow Distance: Very Far
    8. Anisotropic Filtering: Enable
    9. Better FPS over Graphics: Disable

If, you need more support on settings, please post your questions on this forum, we will try to help you as much as we can. https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...cks-Wikis-More

Note 2:
    In the next few weeks, we will continue improving the graphics overall, but we will also optimize the game further to provide a better graphic quality to medium and low-end PC configurations.

We will adjust the LODS of our assets, work on ground textures, coloring and refinements of the ambient lighting. These visible improvements will be part of our regular updates and should address some of the issues players on the medium settings are experiencing.

Our final objective is for you to experience the highest graphic resolutions as possible with your configuration and it is certainly one of our main focus for the game. We will advise on this last objective once the steps above have been implemented.

2- Peeps animation (bugs!)

We have also noticed an important bug with our peep animation system that creates several issues. It unfortunately makes peeps sit through objects or not hold objects properly. I know some of you have reported those issues, thank you, they are now all logged. We agree with the community; this is an important issue that creates several visual bugs and it has our direct attention.

Please note it probably will take us some time and few updates before we can address all the glitches, due to the complexity of the issues and their relation to our peep ‘bones’… be reassured that we are actively working on it and we will update you with fixes as quickly as possible.

3- UGC Bug

We are currently investigating the issue some players are encountering accessing UGC. This is appearing infrequently – we will make sure it is fixed as soon as possible. Nvizzio developers and QA team is looking into the reproducible steps and solution to the problem. We will update you with more information as soon as we can.

4- 57% loading (Bug)

We are currently investigating this issue. Our team is trying to reproduce the bug and addressing the problem as soon as possible.

5- Next update
    We are looking forward to next week’s update, where you will already be able to see bug fixes and improvements in the game.

Here is a list of cool new items that you will have:

• 1 new Flat Ride: The Typhoon
      • This Thrill Ride blends really well with our Adventure theme. We hope you and your peeps will really enjoy it. Give us your feedback!

• Flat parks
      • Community is divided on the maps of the sandbox mode, some love the deformed and staged terrain, others would like it flat. We decided to offer you both! This option will be available in the next update.

• Roofless Coaster Stations
      • UGC creators this is for you - we have noticed you want to create your own roofs and building styles. We will provide the base of our coaster station; this will give you the opportunity to dress it up like you want with your own building components!

• Important Placement Drop Update
      • This is a first update on the placement of scenery items in the park. The drop of object on the terrain will feel more natural, which improves usability. Can’t wait to hear what you think once you see the improvement.

Here is a list of things you can expect to be fixed:

• Peeps should sit properly on park benches. (First animation fix)
    • AI crash when peeps are picked up
    • Graphical fault with the Rings of Saturn
    • Illuminating lights on Space Wars
    • Park Ratings unlocks

Here is a list of improvements you can expect to be in next week’s release:

• Finance Screen updates
    • Default Pricing Adjustments
    • Coaster Cam rotation improvements
    • Queues creation improvements
    • Modifying terrain function producing an X instead of an invalid location notification

We will frequently keep you informed of all our future updates, improvements and bug fixes - Please continue being active in our forums, we value your feedback and suggestions, and thanks for working with us directly to shape the game in Early Access.

In particular, let us know about your graphical settings.

See you in the park!

Quote Originally Posted by CommunityAdmin View Post
    Re-post from Steam RCTW News
    This is how I believe public communication should be handled with this game - a 100% honest "This is what we are doing approach." I really hope this continues in the future; as it's almost crystal clear as to what is happening with the update. Also, you clearly say next week in this blog...being compared to previous handling of times and dates, it's definitely a step up. Well done; best of luck for this game in the future

Updates like this is great. I hope we can get these frequently

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Updates like this is great. I hope we can get these frequently
    Totally agree! I´m surprised in a good way.

I really love to hear this, hope the updates will reach us soon!

And finally, THIS is communication! Good job :-)

What does the default pricing update include? I liked the idea that my peeps were paying $7.50 for a drink

Park Patron
    This was a very quick pleasant surprise, thanks so much! Let's keep this going.

What about the path connecting system? It is terrible to connect paths where you want. The same goes for objects placement, why there are so many invalid places which do not look invalid at all. This was already an issue during first beta and it still is. Hope to see some improvements there as well.

What about puke all over the park?

I guess I didn't realize how awful my PC is at handling graphics because even with the lowest possible settings, the FPS is so low I can barely play. I'm not saying this a fault of the game, I'm actually appreciative of the level of detail, but I'm excited to see that they're still working on improving the settings for all users.

Edit: I'm running an Intel i3, and I just checked the minimum requirements for the game which says i5. Guess I should have looked sooner
    Last edited by cupofjoe; 04-01-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast