Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse use - I do not have a "middle button"

Lightbulb mouse use - I do not have a "middle button"

Hi,

I have a little improvement for the camera option "Rotate camera around a center point in the view" with the combination "Hold Middle Mouse Button + Move Mouse Cursor".

As I (and maybe others) do not have a middle mouse button, I would like to have that option with the following combination:

"Hold Left & Right Mouse Button + Move Mouse Cursor"

Unfortunately I cannot change that in the options, because "hold left and right mouse button" is not recognized by the options...

Thanks a lot for helping with that improvement, as I don't like to play with the keyboard - mouse is much more intuitive for me :-)
    Thanks!

U(r in trouble! Buy a new mouse!

Yes this! Play on a laptop and don't need mouse for camera movements in skylines can zoom, pan, rotate etc all with hot keys. Also would love the camera to scroll when cursor is at Edge of screen

Quote Originally Posted by PauMS View Post
    U(r in trouble! Buy a new mouse!
    Buy me one if you like - hahaha, very funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    Yes this! Play on a laptop and don't need mouse for camera movements in skylines can zoom, pan, rotate etc all with hot keys. Also would love the camera to scroll when cursor is at Edge of screen
    Edge Scrolling is possible in the options

In many games video free cameras like this, you can use right and left mouse button in conjunction to act like a middle mouse-button...
    This is NOT the case with RCTW. Perhaps it should be.

Not everyone can afford the $25 for a basic mouse from Best Buy. I had to give up a weeks' worth of budget to afford my current mouse. I was NOT a happy person without my coffee every day, and dinners on some of those nights. Yes, $25 sounds like very little for a weekly budget, but I am currently very very broke. I even had to save up for this game over the course of a 4-5 weeks.

Hold CTRL while moving the mouse

Quote Originally Posted by 1wolffan View Post
    In many games video free cameras like this, you can use right and left mouse button in conjunction to act like a middle mouse-button...
    This is NOT the case with RCTW. Perhaps it should be.

Not everyone can afford the $25 for a basic mouse from Best Buy. I had to give up a weeks' worth of budget to afford my current mouse. I was NOT a happy person without my coffee every day, and dinners on some of those nights. Yes, $25 sounds like very little for a weekly budget, but I am currently very very broke. I even had to save up for this game over the course of a 4-5 weeks.
    Yes,I'm with you!
    use right and left mouse button together to act like a middle mouse button would be perfect :-)

And a good mouse in Switzerland is not $25... just a bit more ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Games4tom View Post
    And a good mouse in Switzerland is not $25... just a bit more ;-)
    I did say 'basic', not 'good', but I'm glad you still got a smile from it. A good mouse around here is more like $60 or more. lol The REALLY good ones can be about $150+ Those are scary priced. LOL

Park Patron
    I bought a mouse just so I could play this on my laptop. It's worth it, the control is so much better than I could have without it. Also, they don't cost 25 bucks, you can get a mouse for pennies between Ebay, Amazon, etc. I agree there should be another way of doing it, but I can see why they don't.

@ 1wolffan: well, a basic mouse is not what I can use for photoshop and movie editing... so I need a good mouse ... :-)

@ Casiquire: That is true, the mouse itself is cheap on ebay/amazon/... BUT the shipping & customs costs to Switzerland is most of the times $50-80 .... so doesn't help! I could buy a good mouse then if I had the money to have sent it over...............

But I don't know why to discuss the price of mouses, if there is a simple suggestion of adding a feature like other games have as a standard ?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast