Thread: win 8.1 can't play

win 8.1 can't play

I installed RTC 2 and every time I try to play the game quits. I've tried switching it to run in compatibility mode (xp sp3) and it ran one time, then did the same thing again.

I also run RTC2 on a win 8.1 computer. It is inconsistent, and will sometimes run and sometimes quit randomly. I've found that the game is most consistent on Vista sp2 compatibility mode, and you may need to change to 32 bit compatibility or possibly change the resolution. Just keep changing the compatibility settings and trying to run it. Eventually, the game will (usually) start and run fine.

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
    2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
    3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
    5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!