Thread: Coaster Smooth Tool

Lightbulb Coaster Smooth Tool

We can select track segments rather than nodes, but the only purpose this serves is to add a chain, boosters, brakes, or a block section. It would be useful to have a smoothing button to smooth together the selected track pieces. In the same vein, a straighten button would also work miracles for chains, launches, and brakes.

Further, it would be useful to be able to select multiple track pieces and then change the height or banking of those selected all at once. Smoothing is easily the most necessary feature, however.

The original thread about this (not on the improvement tracker): https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...aster-builder-
    Last edited by Ostinyo; 04-01-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Park Patron
    In the meantime I've found constantly running through the ride and deleting any node that doesn't seriously affect the ride does wonders for smoothness. Using nodes as minimally as possible seems to be the key. Definitely play with that.

While that is true, it proves very difficult for compact coasters because of the large angle increments that nodes change by.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostinyo View Post
    While that is true, it proves very difficult for compact coasters because of the large angle increments that nodes change by.
    I'm not saying this is a bad idea, just that there are some things we can do in the meantime. I also think there should be an option for smaller increments.