Thread: Oh no - A LOT of work still required

Unhappy Oh no - A LOT of work still required

Hey All,

So looking forward to playing this game, as I missed the beta..... Rushed home from work and started playing.....

Firstly thanks for releasing on 'EARLY RELEASE' however this game in its current state is quite shockingly bad, which has honestly really surprised me...

Firstly having to use the W;S;A;D;Q;E on the key board to move is horrible..... Please change that as it is too hard to use - just let us use our mice it makes sense and is so much easier.

Secondly ride placement and path placement is so horrible after placing 3 rides and some paths, I want to delete this game and never return (I'm not going to do that, but the thought is there). When positioning a path I get the GREEN light, but when I press the mouse button all of a sudden it is too tight (or whatever word you use)... It is plain misleading and really really annoying.

Next when I want to place a ride or anything over an existing tree its removal should be automatic, why do I need to bulldoze first... Complete waste of time and really annoying.

The graphics are so bad, the people sort of look cool, but everything feels so old and outdating. RCTW3 had better graphics in my opinion.... They weren't great, but you did have a fondness for them... This one just feels bad, no character, no appeal or attraction....

Ride placement is a pain also, you tell it to place it somewhere and then it moves the actual placement slightly which is just annoying.,.... Also how do you rotate a ride.... been playing for 60 mins and can't work it out.

Ride simulations don't work for the hay ride or the space simulator which is annoying.

I WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED! But this EARLY RELEASE isn't good and should not have been made available to the public just yet....

May I suggest that you play RCTW3 and then play RCTW4 immediately after and compare the two... Forget about your bias to this game and the fact that it is early release and just compare apple for apple.... Sim City 5 ruined the entire series for me and this game is in some ways very similar to it..... Yeah curved paths are COOL, but if you can never get them to work or if it just ruins everything else, then they aren't adding value. SIM CITY 5 SUCKED.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make this game suck.... Don't try and reinvent dynamics and systems that WORK..
    Last edited by 1104186; 03-31-2016 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1104186 View Post
    Hey All,

So looking forward to playing this game as I missed the beta..... Rushed home from work and started playing.....

Firstly thanks for releasing on 'EARLY RELEASE' however this game in its current state is quite shockingly bad, which has honestly really surprised me...

Firstly having to use the W;S;A;D;Q;E on the key board to move is horrible..... Please change that as it is too hard to use - just let us use our mice it makes sense and is so much easier.

Secondly ride placement and path placement is so horrible after placing 3 rides and some paths, I want to delete this game and never return (I'm not going to do that, but the thought is there). When positioning a path I get the GREEN light, but when I press the mouse button all of a sudden it is took tight (or whatever word you use)... It is plain misleading and really really annoying.

Next when I want to place a ride or anything over an existing tree its removal should be automatic, why do I need to bulldoze first... Complete waste of time and really annoying.

The graphics are so bad, the people sort of look cool, but everything feels so old and outdating. RCTW3 had better graphics in my opinion.... They weren't great, but you did have a fondness for them... This one just feels bad, people don't want, no character, no appeal or attraction....

Ride placement is a pain also, you tell it to place it somewhere and then it move the actual placement slightly which is just annoying.,.... Also how do you rotate a ride.... been playing for 60 mins and can't work it out.

Ride simulations don't work for the hay ride or the space simulator which is annoying.

I WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED! But this EARLY RELEASE isn't good and should not have been made available to the public just yet....

May I suggest that you play RCTW3 and then play RCTW4 immediately after and compare the two... Forget about your bias to this game and the fact that it is early release and just compare apple for apple.... Sim City 5 ruined the entire series for me and this game is in some ways very similar to it..... Yeah curved paths are COOL, but if you can never get them to work or if it just ruins everything else, then they aren't adding value. SIM CITY 5 SUCKED.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make this game suck.... Don't try and reinvent dynamics and systems that WORK..
    1) You can enable the mouse moving in the settings
    2) Hold shift to rotate a ride. In the bottom right, you see numbers (1 and 2 for the rides). 1 is for rotating the ride, 2 is for changing the height.

Thanks Dubbie - I can see you are a true fan.

Tried changing the settings, but to be honest it is a little confusing and honestly it should be developed that way.... Keyboards commands in these sorts of games are antiquated.

Thanks for the ride peice, haven't tried it yet, but I will....

May I ask what your initial thoughts of the game are??
    Last edited by 1104186; 03-31-2016 at 04:34 AM.

I like the game. They should focus on making the game vibrant. Make it feel like we are working on a big amusement park. 2 big things to achieve that: the peeps and bugfixing. Make the peeps happy, make them look around and point to the rides. Make them walk in groups. Make them happy. In short, make them live. (I kinda like the look of the peeps, but their animations need a serious rework). Also, bugfixing. The forums are filled with bug reports. Make the game feel nice. Make it fun to play. Additional content is for later. Look at PC, they don't have a lot, but what they do have, works perfectly. I also think the ingame sounds need some improvement. It's decent, but not good enough. I compared the sounds of the freefall tower from PC and RCTW, and the one from PC sounds way more realstic. But I do think this game has potential, and I hope Nvizzio has the time and resources to improve it., and I hope they WANT to improve it too, because I don't get the feeling that they put their love into this game. That's my biggest complaint.

Well said... Only time will tell.