Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oculus support

This VR is like 3D televisions. A fad, And it's definitely not a MUST!

Whatever, we will have to agree to disagree. BTW No Limitz has oculus support
    Last edited by ProphetLord420; 01-16-2015 at 03:22 PM.

its just not a feature that the majority of players will take advantage of. not worth the time if you ask me

B.ut that's the thing how much time is it going to take to program a camera and change some user interface?

We're talking very little development time secondly in roller coaster tycoon 3 its biggest selling point was that you could ride the rides ..... So, you kind people enjoy riding the rides on your monitors... While I wait for an Oculus mod, because I would prefer to actually look around me in full 1080p high definition. So for the first time in the rct series you actually get to be inside your park looking around, like a peep

Either waaayyy... I see ya'lls point..I lose.. just one thing indiglow,vrtech in the 90s was 3500 bucks adjust for inflation that like 5 grand right? 500....Chump change, and Im broke.
    Last edited by ProphetLord420; 01-16-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    B.ut that's the thing how much time is it going to take to program a camera and change some user interface?

We're talking very little development time secondly in roller coaster tycoon 3 its biggest selling point was that you could ride the rides ..... So, you kind people enjoy riding the rides on your monitors... While I wait for an Oculus mod, because I would prefer to actually look around me in full 1080p high definition. So for the first time in the rct series you actually get to be inside your park looking around, like a peep

Either waaayyy... I see ya'lls point..I lose.. just one thing indiglow,vrtech in the 90s was 3500 bucks adjust for inflation that like 5 grand right? 500....Chump change, and Im broke.
    i love VR and the idea behind it. but if you had to choose between VR support or some useful features being added what would you choose... i would go with extra features

When (if) VR is ever in the game, I would want more than just walking around. I would want to be immersive like Michael Douglas in Disclosure. I would want to be in the 3d park, but also wave my hands about and program or game play the Park as well. Move my left hand and access the UI with using my hand to scroll and my index finger to select. Then my right hand to use as a scroll to select spots in the park so that we can place new rides/stalls./scenery, fully in 3d

Now that would be a game changer. TPS has added OR support, and I am sure other games will do so. But it will be passive, like the Coaster Cam. It is a step forward, as you will have the chance to be more immersive in the game, but you will not be active. When you can interact at a level beyond an observer, then I think VR will be a must have.

Well put dww, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    Ha, craziness? Facebook bought it for 2 billion dollars, Sony's coming out with one for the ps4. There are also six other rip offs coming down the pipe. Also for an estimated $500, you can own one. The rig needed to play rctw will prob cost more than that if your not up to spec...I am more dumbfounded by the fact peeps are so sceptical have you watched any lets plays?
    regardless how much more it would cost to build a PC to play RCTW, a 500 vr system does not eliminate the need for a good PC to run it all on. The majority of players do not use it and probably never will until its a proven concept. ( and cheaper)

ive said it once and ill say it again. i would much rather have a cool new feature for the coaster editor than to have VR support.

ProphetLord420: I will only use oculus rift if you buy me one, I can't afford extra play toys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12