Thread: Mattlab, Important Question

Mattlab, Important Question

After the beta of RCTW, I never uninstalled it. Do I need to before I download EA?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBob101 View Post
    After the beta of RCTW, I never uninstalled it. Do I need to before I download EA?

Thanks
    No, you do not need to install anything before the EA.

Passive Peep
    I´m pretty sure that we´ll have to download the whole thing again. No idea what will happen to the old installation. I can´t imagine that those beta files just need an update. Is it possible to deinstall? Never asked myself before.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by S1m0nde View Post
    I´m pretty sure that we´ll have to download the whole thing again. No idea what will happen to the old installation. I can´t imagine that those beta files just need an update. Is it possible to deinstall? Never asked myself before.
    Steam is usually smart enough to handle the whole process itself. I've never had to uninstall anything from a beta before moving to a full release.

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    hmmm hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    Wasn't my question LOL. I was asking if I need to get rid of the beta files from my computer or will steam automatically handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBob101 View Post

Thanks
    So I will be adding this to the wiki tomorrow but you should do a few things:

Step 1:
    Although Steam will likely upgrade you no problem its best to do a clean install after all that time so you should uninstall any prior versions of the game.

Step 2:
    IF you played the game before you will likely also need to go into C:\Users\YOUR COMPUTER USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Nvizzio Creations\Rollercoaster Tycoon World and delete the PlayerSettings.json file or any other files you may have there. The game will likely auto delete this as we have a script but just to be sure its always good to do.

Don't see this file? Follow these directions http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...iles=windows-7

Or these if you have Windows 10 http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...indows-10.html
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Thank you so much Mattlab. I appreciate the quick response. Have a great night.

-MrBob101

Passive Peep
    FYI - there's no way to uninstall the game right now, since it's disabled through Steam. So you'll have to wait until the EA is released, then uninstall and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by intoxination View Post
    FYI - there's no way to uninstall the game right now, since it's disabled through Steam. So you'll have to wait until the EA is released, then uninstall and reinstall.
    Like I said, likely it will simply update and there should be no issues but just give people some "just in case" instructions.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World