Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Short Message from Atari's CEO

A Short Message from Atari's CEO

Hi all,

We saw some of you had questions about the long term commitment of Atari to the franchise so here is a short message from our CEO Fred Chesnais:

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Chesnais - Atari
    Dear Tycoons,

This is Fred Chesnais, CEO of Atari. Some of you have questions about the long-term commitment of Atari in regards to RollerCoaster Tycoon World, so I thought I wanted to chime in to explain our commitment to the franchise.

A little backstory: I returned to Atari in early 2013 after several years away from the company. I came back for two key reasons - I love the brand and everything that goes with it, and I love RollerCoaster Tycoon (I was with Atari Interactive when we released RollerCoaster Tycoon 3). Following my return, the next phase of the RCT franchise was foremost on my mind. I have supported RCTW since the beginning, I supported our internal production team and our devs up to this Early Access release, and I will keep doing so in the future.

What you have in Early Access today is a game that already has a large set of features – a flexible platform upon which you can build, share what you have created with the community, and utilize assets created by other players. This game still has bugs and will benefit from new features which we will add. We have a roadmap we are fully committed to. All of this will add tremendously to the game.

Without you, we wouldn’t be here and I hope you will feel re-assured that we are in it for the long haul. For those of you who have decided to board the Early Access coaster now, I thank you for your confidence and your support.

Sincerely,
    Fred Chesnais

This is great thanks.

Can't wait til Wednesday. I never cancelled my pre order and was never going to.

Quote Originally Posted by GGD123 View Post
    Can't wait til Wednesday. I never cancelled my pre order and was never going to.
    same here

Yup! Same for me

I have also pre-ordered, and I trust Atari this will be a great game. Maybe not at the start, but later on it will be .

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasler View Post
    Yup! Same for me
    Me, too! I hoped for that and it is good to hear something from the head personally.

Hey !

Will we have at some point, informations about what happened to this game with the old game studios ?

I'm very happy with the work done by Nvizzio and clearly can't wait for EA, but I just wanna know what's make you change your mind at Atari !

Same here. Every one was up in arms over the release and the negativity, yet I stood firm. Finally we have a game to play and our pre order comes with the bonus content!

Same here, I love RCT and wouldn't cancel if it took another year to come out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast