PDA

View Full Version : Welcome the UGC Sub-Forum!

Mattlab
03-25-2016, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

Welcome to the UGC Sub-Forum! This will be the hub for all things User Generated Content in RCTW. We are working on a Wiki that will explain the process of making and importing UGC in RCTW but wanted to get this forum started in the interim.

Use this to show off your designs, plans, ask questions, and more.

Cheers,
Team RCTW

MrBob101
03-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Welcome indeed! Mattlab and I posted welcome messages at the same time XD

MJK1988
03-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Not sure if I'll be able to make content myself but I'm very excited to see what everyone else comes up with!

doobieters
03-26-2016, 02:38 PM
Will we be able to modify the stations with UGC? They are pretty generic and big out of the box..

Mattlab
03-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Will we be able to modify the stations with UGC? They are pretty generic and big out of the box..

Great question - right now we are launching with 4 stations. They are indeed pretty themed and big. BUT because of recent testing we had a request put in by the testers to have a station that essentially has no roof and is pretty empty. The reason for this is because using UGC you can actually decorate it and build it out yourselves. The model is done and its been tested we are just waiting for a programmers time to put it into the game. Won't be there for Wednesday but you will have it shortly after to play with!

renssies
03-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Great question - right now we are launching with 4 stations. They are indeed pretty themed and big. BUT because of recent testing we had a request put in by the testers to have a station that essentially has no roof and is pretty empty. The reason for this is because using UGC you can actually decorate it and build it out yourselves. The model is done and its been tested we are just waiting for a programmers time to put it into the game. Won't be there for Wednesday but you will have it shortly after to play with! How shortly, in 1 week, 1 month or a couple of months?

doobieters
03-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Great question - right now we are launching with 4 stations. They are indeed pretty themed and big. BUT because of recent testing we had a request put in by the testers to have a station that essentially has no roof and is pretty empty. The reason for this is because using UGC you can actually decorate it and build it out yourselves. The model is done and its been tested we are just waiting for a programmers time to put it into the game. Won't be there for Wednesday but you will have it shortly after to play with!

Booyah!! That was the answer i was looking for..

rdrunr
03-26-2016, 10:52 PM
A generic station that you can dress up with UGC is excellent news! :D

davaze
03-27-2016, 01:30 AM
That would be great, it would also be great to have this with shops etc. as well so you can dress and expand a shop building with custom piece builder and UGC.

Mattlab
03-27-2016, 12:27 PM
That would be great, it would also be great to have this with shops etc. as well so you can dress and expand a shop building with custom piece builder and UGC.

One step ahead already of you! But I can tell you shops use a different system than coaster stations so its going to take a bit more time before we can do that.

ddef12
03-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Matt, do you plan on releasing peramiters for us so we can create UGC? I know it was talked about some time ago, wasn't sure if that was still going to be released so when we begin creating, we can get scaling correct! Thanks!

Mattlab
03-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Working on a wiki for all of this info! I am not sure if it will be ready before launch though!

Also side note on UGC - putting the disclaimer out now - it is possible that you may download accidentally corrupt UGC another user makes.

If you notice your game all of sudden starts crashing after downloading a piece of UGC - that is likely the cause. Just happened to me. I disabled the one piece of UGC and now it works fine again.

davaze
03-27-2016, 10:51 PM
That is why it is important to know the basic guidelines for UGC and RCTW, to avoid corrupt UGC content. The more info we have to better the UGC can work which we create.

Jasler
03-28-2016, 06:58 AM
Oh great! A wiki! When will the wiki launch? The same day that the game will launch?

Mattlab
03-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Oh great! A wiki! When will the wiki launch? The same day that the game will launch?

We hope to have the wiki ready for launch if not earlier but its definitely still a work in progress. Also while the wiki can be about the whole game right now we are really focusing on making sure the UGC section has the questions and answers players need.

davaze
03-29-2016, 10:47 AM
We hope to have the wiki ready for launch if not earlier but its definitely still a work in progress. Also while the wiki can be about the whole game right now we are really focusing on making sure the UGC section has the questions and answers players need.

Sounds great, can't wait :-)

shirty
03-30-2016, 05:13 PM
I hope we have covered all the bases on the UGC wiki.
I think theres room for improvement with some screenshots and videos ill try to get those added soon as I can to help with the more complicated processes.
Untill then I hope the guide helps with getting the most out of the UGC system.
Have fun UGC creators let your creative flag fly ;)

Crucified1337
03-31-2016, 09:11 AM
Still having issues with the UGC, made something in unity and used the RCTW plugin, when i wanna activate is it keeps downloading :(

Thruve
03-31-2016, 07:21 PM
Wheres the wiki link?

jonwil
03-31-2016, 08:04 PM
Wheres the wiki link?
Its the button in the corner of the forum that says "Wiki" :)