PDA

View Full Version : Throwback Thursday!

Nookriot
02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Greetings to Everyone!

To celebrate the original that started the franchise many years ago (and to prep everyone in this lively community for upcoming streams), we will be streaming RCT1 this afternoon at 3:00PM Eastern Time. This is more of an intro and get to know you session, but I will be conducting a "Speed Run" through a scenario in RCT1. The stream will be approximately 30 - 45 minutes long.

Note: It has been many years since playing the original so who knows what hilarity will take place!!

You can get to the Twitch channel by clicking the link below:

RollerCoaster Tycoon (http://www.twitch.tv/rollercoastertycoon)

Hope you all have a chance to stop by, introduce yourselves and say hello as I will be the one streaming!

Chriskiller
02-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Awesome!!!!!!

The Stig
02-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Aww. I won't be able to make it. Could you put up a copy on YouTube?

ddrplaya4638
02-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Yes please put a copy up on youtube. Great idea!

inspectorgadget
02-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Twitch streams are auto-archived AFAIK

Nookriot
02-25-2016, 02:57 PM
The stream will be archived on YouTube for those unable to attend!

alexalexalex
02-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Will you show anything from RCTW?

Farrahryan7
02-25-2016, 03:01 PM

is that 2000 hrs uk time nookriot? Also will we have any new screen shots today please. Thank you

Chriskiller
02-25-2016, 03:04 PM

Thank you!

mrbigshot110
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
That's great and all, but I need more concrete info about the current project. It's not that the past few updates aren't exciting at all, it's just that they are walls of text without concrete information on our concerns or the game's technological progress. I just feel so in the dark. And I'm sure this is the issue the rest of the community is having. For instance, what is the "optimization" you're focusing on? That's a start. Don't be afraid to go into detail. That's the issue the updates continue to miss. It's also why "PC" keeps seeming more appealing. Pay attention to their dev diaries and watch how much emphasis they place on the smaller details. That's all I have for now. Can't wait for release!

Kombiice
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Excited !!

iDeanJ
02-25-2016, 03:17 PM
That concept art is fantastic!http://img.ctrlv.in/img/16/02/25/56cf53e1926ac.png

Big_Boy
02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
THANK GOD !

REALY THANK YOU THIS IS NEWS FOR :).

sorry so exited :D

maxfreak
02-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Uhhh someone correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't this Stream just a throwback Stream where they play RCT1? If so, I think some of you may be setting yourselves up for disappointment judging by the responses. It would be a nice touch if they did a mini stream of RCTW afterwards.

iDeanJ
02-25-2016, 03:33 PM
I believe most of us are aware as it explicitly says in the post RCT1. However I can see based off of some of these responses where you are coming from.

Wabigbear
02-25-2016, 03:33 PM
That concept art is fantastic!

Too bad that much of what's shown there isn't in the game. I liked the Main Street style buildings.

inspectorgadget
02-25-2016, 03:37 PM
THANK GOD !

REALY THANK YOU THIS IS NEWS FOR :).

sorry so exited :D

about an RCT1 stream?

iDeanJ
02-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Too bad that much of what's shown there isn't in the game. I liked the Main Street style buildings.

Completely agree, it is very unfortunate. I love the emotion of the peeps, especially the kid in the blue jacket taking a picture of the mascot on his phone. It's the little things :(

maxfreak
02-25-2016, 03:57 PM
I believe most of us are aware as it explicitly says in the post RCT1. However I can see based off of some of these responses where you are coming from.

Yep, some people are WAY too excited for me to believe otherwise. lol I'm calling it now, a revolt from those who missed the part where it said "RCT1" and claim Atari are monsters and deceptive. Well some people will call them that regardless xD

Big_Boy
02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
about an RCT1 stream?

Well i hope to get some glimps of RTCW but that seems not going to happen only a RCT play.

ddrplaya4638
02-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Very nice to see you on Twitch for the little bit I stopped by. Thanks!

cupofjoe
02-25-2016, 04:30 PM
That concept art is fantastic!http://img.ctrlv.in/img/16/02/25/56cf53e1926ac.png

Is this official? Because I agree, that does look fantastic!

iDeanJ
02-25-2016, 04:55 PM

I assume so, it shows on the Twitch channel. It shows they had the right idea going in to this, but it all somehow got lost in translation throughout the development process. Shame.

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 05:03 PM
I saw the infor about the stream too late. Did he tell anything (new) about RCTW or upcoming infos?

inspectorgadget
02-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Excuse the idiots in the Twitch chat - mods need to ban them next time it happens

Sawyer
I have to admit I was sceptical of the stream because I really wanted to see new RCTW stuff but for what the steam was, I enjoyed it very much. Nookriot, you seem like a genuinely nice guy and thank you for answering my questions. You even named a peep after me!

Kombiice

Thats from beginning last year, isnt it ??

Marvin
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
Thats from beginning last year, isnt it ??

Those are the mascots from Pipeworks so I think so. The game will look nothing like that.

inspectorgadget
02-25-2016, 05:15 PM
He did say more screens are coming later today. Also stream archive is below:

http://www.twitch.tv/rollercoastertycoon/v/50528875

cupofjoe
02-25-2016, 10:15 PM
I assume so, it shows on the Twitch channel. It shows they had the right idea going in to this, but it all somehow got lost in translation throughout the development process. Shame.

I remember Mattlab saying that the box art is not representative of the actual game but rather that they take ideas and inspiration from it. Even if that is an old one, I don't think it would have ever looked that way.

widlan
02-25-2016, 11:32 PM
I would be excited to see RCTW... but a stream of RCT1 to give the impression that there's something is a little bit turnoff for me.

If I want to see RCT1, I'll play RCT1 ;-)

dollebrekel
02-26-2016, 04:47 AM
I am not there sadly.
But I must say 1 thing. Keep this up NOOKRIOT !!!

JoŽlNL
02-26-2016, 04:58 AM
I have to admit I was sceptical of the stream because I really wanted to see new RCTW stuff but for what the steam was, I enjoyed it very much. Nookriot, you seem like a genuinely nice guy and thank you for answering my questions. You even named a peep after me!

Ahhhh ;)
So that's you.

For what the stream was, I found it very enjoyable as well.

michael_leahy
02-26-2016, 06:13 AM
RCW Flat Rides Customise colors Not Used RCW That's what I heard YES NO :confused::confused::confused::confused:
RCT 1 thank you thank you

PlayCoasterGames
02-26-2016, 06:51 AM
What is when the next Throwback Thursdayīs are these:

03.03.2016 - Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
10.03.2016 - Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
17.03.2016 - Roller Coaster Tycoon World Beta Weekend Start
31.03.2016 / 01.04.2016 - Release at Steam and in Stores

But this only my thoughts or ideas about dates and so on.

inspectorgadget
02-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Possible, this whole play 1 old RCT game/week you'd think there's some clue to release date there (even though Nook stated on stream they don't have any beta release info yet). Although if only 2 weeks between beta and release seems it would have to be some sort of RC version as opposed to what we got a few months back.

RCTW1
02-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Where is the video on youtube? Please put up a link. Thank you.

Nookriot
02-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Where is the video on youtube? Please put up a link. Thank you.

Here it is!!

https://youtu.be/GMzlHT5Tj24

TheMagicianThing
02-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Here it is!!

https://youtu.be/GMzlHT5Tj24
nookriot, not to be a bother but I was wondering if people work on the game during the weekends or try and do public relation things like keeping fans occupied/satisfied

dafyddmann
02-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Actually i was wondering the same thing is the game being worked on during the weekend? that would be fantastic

Nookriot
02-29-2016, 07:48 AM
nookriot, not to be a bother but I was wondering if people work on the game during the weekends or try and do public relation things like keeping fans occupied/satisfied

Heya TheMagicianThing!

I was away this weekend but usually cruise the forums on the weekends too. Was there something particular you were looking for?

TheMagicianThing
02-29-2016, 07:57 AM
Heya TheMagicianThing!

I was away this weekend but usually cruise the forums on the weekends too. Was there something particular you were looking for?
hey Nookriot,
nothing particular, was maybe hoping on some crowd control (seems there are a lot of negative nancy's around the general discussion board)

also looking forward to the next throwback thursday :)

Nookriot
02-29-2016, 10:44 AM
hey Nookriot,
nothing particular, was maybe hoping on some crowd control (seems there are a lot of negative nancy's around the general discussion board)

also looking forward to the next throwback thursday :)
#TBT!!

I too am looking forward to that!

TheMagicianThing
02-29-2016, 10:48 AM
#TBT!!

I too am looking forward to that!
would it be possible to have some of the confusion in the general discussions cleared :D?

Benny
03-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Only managed to catch the last 20 minutes, but nice stream today! :)

Nookriot
03-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Only managed to catch the last 20 minutes, but nice stream today! :)

Thanks Benny! Also note that Twitch archives them in case you miss it.

We archive them on our YouTube channel as well so check there too!

Nookriot
03-03-2016, 11:01 AM
In addition to my response to Benny, we will be streaming RCT2 today on our Twitch channel at 3:00PM US Eastern (8:00PM GMT).
We will pick up where we left off on Tuesday and see if we can get through that scenario!

We will be giving away some more RCT2 Steam Keys as well!

http://www.twitch.tv/rollercoastertycoon

Hope to see you all there!

Winner1802
03-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Hey Nookriot!
It's nice that you are streaming RCT2 and give away steam keys...
But why?
Do you think you have to interact with the community and because you can't show RCTW you stream RCT2?
Winner1802

Nookriot
03-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Hey Nookriot!
It's nice that you are streaming RCT2 and give away steam keys...
But why?
Do you think you have to interact with the community and because you can't show RCTW you stream RCT2?
Winner1802

Why?

Because the classics are some of my favorites, that's why!

I also want to let everyone know that I enjoy interacting with the community, I don't feel as though I have to.

~Nookriot
:D:D:D

TheMagicianThing
03-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Why?

Because the classics are some of my favorites, that's why!

I also want to let everyone know that I enjoy interacting with the community, I don't feel as though I have to.

~Nookriot
:D:D:D
I'll be there :), hope nightbot has a stern talking to last few days :D

Winner1802
03-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Ok thanks Nookriot!! :)
Now I'm looking the stream...

SEA DOG
03-03-2016, 05:07 PM
I can't wait for tbt. I heard nightbot got a trip too the first aid station for tripping and falling lol.

TheMagicianThing
03-07-2016, 04:58 PM
can't wait for tomorrows stream ^^

Nookriot
03-07-2016, 05:21 PM
can't wait for tomorrows stream ^^

Me too! I just returned home from PC Gamer Weekender and am prepping as we speak.

Stay tuned for the announcement!

Big_Boy
03-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Me too! I just returned home from PC Gamer Weekender and am prepping as we speak.

Stay tuned for the announcement!

:o will that be today that announcement :o

TheMagicianThing
03-07-2016, 05:29 PM
:o will that be today that announcement :o
I think the announcement of the stream will be tomorrow :3

Kombiice
03-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Announcement?? What did i miss

TheMagicianThing
03-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Announcement?? What did i miss
the announcement of #throwbacktuesday :P read back :D

Big_Boy
03-07-2016, 06:54 PM
He felt a sleep i gues.

Neezy216
03-08-2016, 12:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZUdrr7SgLw

Here's the announcement

Casiquire
03-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Here's the announcement

*sigh* Dead horse much?

TheMagicianThing
03-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Here's the announcement
that isn't an announcement to throwback tuesday at all :/...

Nookriot
03-08-2016, 02:53 PM
We will be streaming RCT3 today as well as Thursday! Late notice but we will be LIVE in about an hour!

We will also be giving away RCT3 Steam Keys!

http://www.twitch.tv/rollercoastertycoon

See you there!

Kombiice
03-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Nice! excited for this

DoctorPelusa
03-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Oh, i'ill still be on class by that time, such a pity...

Marvin
03-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Will this one be recorded and put on YouTube?

redyar
03-08-2016, 04:22 PM
I won a key (different name on twitch), where and when do I get it? :):cool:

Silvarret
03-08-2016, 04:48 PM
I won a key (different name on twitch), where and when do I get it? :):cool:

To my knowledge it should be sent to you on Twitch, in a PM.

Cabelle1863
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
That was fun to watch! :D Too bad I have to work Thursday, but no work, no funds for RCTW.

JoŽlNL
03-08-2016, 05:55 PM
I have something else on Tuesdays. I'm looking forward to the stream of Thursday! :)

Nookriot
03-08-2016, 06:55 PM
The archive is being processed right now and will be posted up tomorrow for those that could not make it to the stream earlier today.

JoŽlNL
03-08-2016, 08:00 PM
The archive is being processed right now and will be posted up tomorrow for those that could not make it to the stream earlier today.

Thanks again Nookriot! Your work is greatly appreciated! :D

mitchellmcduff
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Not only are you streaming an 11 year old game today, but you already streamed it two days ago. If I want to be reminded of how much better and how many more features games from 1999, 2002, and 2004 were, then I could play them myself. I don't need to watch somebody else do it while dodging questions from disappointed fans. We know next to nothing about a game that has had an imminent release for months. At this point, we've seen almost as much rct1-3 as we have seen rctw. I've tried to stay positive and give Atari the benefit of the doubt for over a year now. I've lied to myself and said that you guys were really trying and were doing a great job with your limited resources, but it's become clear that Atari has no intention of making a good and competitive game. It's just a cash grab. I keep saying that I'll wait until the second beta to refund, but who knows if that's even going to happen anymore. Good thing I pre-ordered on steam, because it looks like if you pre-ordered through Atari's store then they are holding your money hostage. I just preordered PC for $29.99. Half the price for a game who's pre-alpha far surpasses what Atari will surely release as a final product.

S1m0nde
03-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Not only are you streaming an 11 year old game today, but you already streamed it two days ago. If I want to be reminded of how much better and how many more features games from 1999, 2002, and 2004 were, then I could play them myself. I don't need to watch somebody else do it while dodging questions from disappointed fans. We know next to nothing about a game that has had an imminent release for months. At this point, we've seen almost as much rct1-3 as we have seen rctw. I've tried to stay positive and give Atari the benefit of the doubt for over a year now. I've lied to myself and said that you guys were really trying and were doing a great job with your limited resources, but it's become clear that Atari has no intention of making a good and competitive game. It's just a cash grab. I keep saying that I'll wait until the second beta to refund, but who knows if that's even going to happen anymore. Good thing I pre-ordered on steam, because it looks like if you pre-ordered through Atari's store then they are holding your money hostage. I just preordered PC for $29.99. Half the price for a game who's pre-alpha far surpasses what Atari will surely release as a final product.

Wow... Donīt watch if you donīt want! Maybe others have a good time with nookriot and enjoy it.
I really donīt enjoy your post. You say they do it because... Whatever! Some here feel like it is a good thing. I donīt care why they do but Iīm looking forward to it.

mitchellmcduff
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Fair enough. I've tuned in to each of these throwback streams and tuned back out after a while, because I personally find it boring to watch somebody else play a game that I could be playing, but if you enjoy it then more power to you. I suppose my main frustration with these throw-back streams is that one of the arguments people have been making about the lack of announcements is because Atari is working with very limited resources and is trying focus them on a good game. But if Nookriot is able to devote multiple hours in one week to streaming, then that definitely isn't the case. I like Nookriot. He's a chill dude. But Atari said, "Hey I know that you guys are frustrated with the lack of communication. Here's Nookriot!" He has done a good job of communication, but Atari won't let him share anything new. At first they were letting him post a picture every day or so, but now even that has fallen away. Instead they are just having him stream old games so it looks like he is actively sharing with us, but that way he doesn't have to divulge any of Atari's secrets.

Like I said. I've tried to be positive for a long time with this game. I grew up playing RCT1-3 and so I really wanted to believe that this game was gonna be good. However, it looks like it won't be, and anybody who thinks it will be is just lying to themselves. Just a few weeks ago I would have been on your side in this argument. I've been reading all these negative things for so long and been thinking that these Negative Nacy's need to stop assuming that the game is going to be terrible, however, with every new bit of info we get about PC (a lot!), and every new piece of info we get about RCTW (barely any) it becomes clearer and clearer that RCTW is going to be not nearly as good. Atari barely would have had the resources to pull it off from the beginning, and now after so much mismanagement, it just isn't possible. With the most talented people in the world, they couldn't pull it off with the time and money remaining. Unfortunately, the folks at Atari definitely aren't the most talented people in the world. Not by a long shot.

(Note: Nvizzio has actually done a good job from what we've seen, but the leadership at Atari is... lacking.)

Edit: If the game really is in optimization, then I don't see why Nook can't do a stream of RCTW. There's no new features to add once in optimization. PC did two streams in the last two weeks and we saw tons of new stuff. And got an alpha date! RCTW has done multiple streams in the last few weeks as well, and we got almost no new information. The only info we got is that info is coming. Atari is just trying to wait to the last minute to show what they have done because they are trying to sweep as much under the rug as possible.

ddrplaya4638
03-10-2016, 01:54 PM
I dont see why there is hate for these streams. I haven't watched all them but I think it is pretty cool of them to do something. I am sure we will see more of RCTW and get more information in the coming weeks.

Marvin
03-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Fair enough. I've tuned in to each of these throwback streams and tuned back out after a while, because I personally find it boring to watch somebody else play a game that I could be playing, but if you enjoy it then more power to you. I suppose my main frustration with these throw-back streams is that one of the arguments people have been making about the lack of announcements is because Atari is working with very limited resources and is trying focus them on a good game. But if Nookriot is able to devote multiple hours in one week to streaming, then that definitely isn't the case. I like Nookriot. He's a chill dude. But Atari said, "Hey I know that you guys are frustrated with the lack of communication. Here's Nookriot!" He has done a good job of communication, but Atari won't let him share anything new. At first they were letting him post a picture every day or so, but now even that has fallen away. Instead they are just having him stream old games so it looks like he is actively sharing with us, but that way he doesn't have to divulge any of Atari's secrets.

Like I said. I've tried to be positive for a long time with this game. I grew up playing RCT1-3 and so I really wanted to believe that this game was gonna be good. However, it looks like it won't be, and anybody who thinks it will be is just lying to themselves. Just a few weeks ago I would have been on your side in this argument. I've been reading all these negative things for so long and been thinking that these Negative Nacy's need to stop assuming that the game is going to be terrible, however, with every new bit of info we get about PC (a lot!), and every new piece of info we get about RCTW (barely any) it becomes clearer and clearer that RCTW is going to be not nearly as good. Atari barely would have had the resources to pull it off from the beginning, and now after so much mismanagement, it just isn't possible. With the most talented people in the world, they couldn't pull it off with the time and money remaining. Unfortunately, the folks at Atari definitely aren't the most talented people in the world. Not by a long shot.

(Note: Nvizzio has actually done a good job from what we've seen, but the leadership at Atari is... lacking.)

Edit: If the game really is in optimization, then I don't see why Nook can't do a stream of RCTW. There's no new features to add once in optimization. PC did two streams in the last two weeks and we saw tons of new stuff. And got an alpha date! RCTW has done multiple streams in the last few weeks as well, and we got almost no new information. The only info we got is that info is coming. Atari is just trying to wait to the last minute to show what they have done because they are trying to sweep as much under the rug as possible.

Completely agree. They're just trying to buy time even though they've already had more than enough time fix this game and tell us information. Next week we should get info on RCTW, since they've been showing off a different game every stream... but I really don't think it will happen.

Anyone still supporting this game is in denial. Look at the "Positive Discussion" thread in the General Discussion forum... they're grasping at straws to find something good about this game lol.

Not to mention that Atari is basically STEALING from some players... this entire project is just bad. Those promise updates will never come and anyone who buys this game will be stuck with an "AAA, next-gen" theme park game with no transport rides, no water rides, no tunnels, and a lot more missing features, for $50! Just look at the last few games Atari (really Infrogames) has put out - all flops.

I understand people are people are passionate about this franchise. RCT3 is one of my favorite games ever. But I was also very passionate about the SimCity franchise. The same thing will happen with this game. People need to wake up and realize this before it's too late.

Infrogames doesn't care about this game or genre; they only care about your money.

mitchellmcduff
03-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Completely agree. They're just trying to buy time even though they've already had more than enough time fix this game and tell us information. Next week we should get info on RCTW, since they've been showing off a different game every stream... but I really don't think it will happen.

Anyone still supporting this game is in denial. Look at the "Positive Discussion" thread in the General Discussion forum... they're grasping at straws to find something good about this game lol.

Not to mention that Atari is basically STEALING from some players... this entire project is just bad. Those promise updates will never come and anyone who buys this game will be stuck with an "AAA, next-gen" theme park game with no transport rides, no water rides, no tunnels, and a lot more missing features, for $50! Just look at the last few games Atari (really Infrogames) has put out - all flops.

I understand people are people are passionate about this franchise. RCT3 is one of my favorite games ever. But I was also very passionate about the SimCity franchise. The same thing will happen with this game. People need to wake up and realize this before it's too late.

Infrogames doesn't care about this game or genre; they only care about your money.

Exactly. How can you say that a game is AAA and worth $50 when it has is missing so many features that even RCT1 had. (Which came out in 1999 and was made by one dude!) We're being taken on a ruse-cruise. This game is going to be a critical and financial failure and then the promised post-launch features won't ever come.

I was burned by the sim city franchise as well, but thankfully we got Cities Skylines a few years later. At least this time around PC is launching around the same time. Hell, at this rate, maybe it'll even be released before. Looks like the pre-alpha will be at least. (Which is infinite play. Not some crappy 3 day scam.)

AtiTech
03-10-2016, 03:55 PM
so no stream today atari hiding in the cave again ?

BernyMoon
03-10-2016, 04:00 PM
No streaming today?

JoŽlNL
03-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Awww... I was looking forward to the stream of today :)

S1m0nde
03-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Nothing Thursday :(

Nookriot
03-10-2016, 05:06 PM
My most sincere apologies to everyone! We have been experiencing technical difficulties all day and will not be streaming today.

I tried to get everything up and running but was unsuccessful. :(:(

JoŽlNL
03-10-2016, 05:10 PM
My most sincere apologies to everyone! We have been experiencing technical difficulties all day and will not be streaming today.

Thanks Nook for letting us know! Good luck with fixing those technical difficulties. I'm looking forward to the next stream om thursday! :)

AtiTech
03-10-2016, 05:15 PM
:rolleyes: ooh well thats the story of rctw

BernyMoon
03-10-2016, 06:15 PM

Streaming tomorrow? Throwback friday?

mitchellmcduff
03-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Streaming tomorrow? Throwback friday?
*Flashback Friday :cool:

Marvin
03-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Lol "technical difficulties."

This is a joke.

Blademaster
03-11-2016, 04:04 AM

it's really hard to set up a stream nowadays.

f4a10
03-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Bless them ;) they did try again at least. I hope we get a pointless NEW screenshot of some trees and toilets as an apology for missing an RCT3 stream lmao

DonSPa
03-11-2016, 02:12 PM
to be honest i havnt even watched any of the throw backs as they dont interest me.Im more concerned about rctw than old games.Instead of throwback thursdays can we have "future friday"Ive been one of the people that has defended rctw from the start,even a year ago i was saying i had faith this game was going to be great when many gave up on learning another developer was taking over,defended this game even when pax came out and yes was one to defend them when they announced the game was delayed.I can say i am quite annoyed but still wanna see this game succeed,but with launch being close ,ive seen more from the other game which is only alpha stage and its hard not to get annoyed when we are seeing blogs on past titles and not what is supposed to be our future in coaster gaming.After seeing this weeks vid of the other game it made me wonder why havnt we even seen anything even close to what was showed by them.This is the first ive vented about this game but kinda got disappointed when ive seen more from them and have been so desperate to see what we are getting from atari and nvizzio,just sad that we seen more from an alpha compared to an almost finished game

mitchellmcduff
03-11-2016, 02:45 PM
to be honest i havnt even watched any of the throw backs as they dont interest me.Im more concerned about rctw than old games.Instead of throwback thursdays can we have "future friday"Ive been one of the people that has defended rctw from the start,even a year ago i was saying i had faith this game was going to be great when many gave up on learning another developer was taking over,defended this game even when pax came out and yes was one to defend them when they announced the game was delayed.I can say i am quite annoyed but still wanna see this game succeed,but with launch being close ,ive seen more from the other game which is only alpha stage and its hard not to get annoyed when we are seeing blogs on past titles and not what is supposed to be our future in coaster gaming.After seeing this weeks vid of the other game it made me wonder why havnt we even seen anything even close to what was showed by them.This is the first ive vented about this game but kinda got disappointed when ive seen more from them and have been so desperate to see what we are getting from atari and nvizzio,just sad that we seen more from an alpha compared to an almost finished game

My thoughts exactly.

Paul_Boland
03-12-2016, 01:40 AM
to be honest i havnt even watched any of the throw backs as they dont interest me.Im more concerned about rctw than old games.Instead of throwback thursdays can we have "future friday"

Future Friday... I really like that :)!! I have watched some of the older games and it was fun, but I agree, what's happening with RCTW? The only thing I'm hoping is, they've replayed RCT 1, 2 and 3, so hopefully next is RCTW ;). I've got Rollercoaster Tycoon World and Planet Coaster pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to both! But I do agree, if RCTW is really close to release, where's all the hype, where's all the promo?

DonSPa
03-12-2016, 04:27 AM
me too paul although i preordered rctw i dont think i can afford to do that with PC so ill have to wait til its actually released

MarcW1g
03-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Will there be a stream tonight?

renssies
03-15-2016, 11:55 AM
I don't think so, the Nvizzio and Atari team is at GDC. They might do a stream there, but that would be a stream of RCTW and they would probably announce it first.

AtiTech
03-15-2016, 01:13 PM
They abandon the forum again after a few weeks very active and screenshot sharing after that deleted video they messed it up again

Buffpuff
03-15-2016, 08:28 PM
They abandon the forum again after a few weeks very active and screenshot sharing after that deleted video they messed it up again

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?9382-RCTW-Blog-29-UGC-Video!&p=71223&viewfull=1#post71223

Not abandoned. They've been busy and said so last week that this week would be hit and miss.

Nookriot
03-15-2016, 08:32 PM
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?9382-RCTW-Blog-29-UGC-Video!&p=71223&viewfull=1#post71223

Not abandoned. They've been busy and said so last week that this week would be hit and miss.

Thanks Buff! It is true, we have been super busy at GDC this week but have not abandoned the threads. Also, there will be no stream this week but look to be back on track next week!

Buffpuff
03-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Good to hear Nook. Hope you guys are having fun at GDC this week!

AtiTech
03-16-2016, 03:41 AM
ooh look welcome back :-) good to hear

SymphonyX4
03-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately no news this week! Next week should be very interesting!

Thanks Buff! It is true, we have been super busy at GDC this week but have not abandoned the threads. Also, there will be no stream this week but look to be back on track next week!

Does that mean there is not going to be any "very interesting" news this week? :(

Casiquire
03-16-2016, 03:00 PM
Does that mean there is not going to be any "very interesting" news this week? :(

I was wondering the same thing.

S1m0nde
03-16-2016, 03:42 PM

Not a stream but a blog. I guess on friday.

biotron2000
03-16-2016, 09:57 PM

Yes. Yes it does.

Buffpuff
03-16-2016, 10:23 PM
Give them a break guys. GDC conference this week. They still have tomorrow and Friday to post some interesting news. And if they don't then feel free to flame away....

Marvin
03-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Give them a break guys. GDC conference this week. They still have tomorrow and Friday to post some interesting news. And if they don't then feel free to flame away....

I have no problem with no news this week and I understand the GDC conference, but surely they knew about this at least weeks in advance. There was no reason to say we're getting exciting news this week if they knew that we weren't.

But they still have two days to post something truly exciting, so we'll see.

Buffpuff
03-16-2016, 10:49 PM
I have no problem with no news this week and I understand the GDC conference, but surely they knew about this at least weeks in advance. There was no reason to say we're getting exciting news this week if they knew that we weren't.

But they still have two days to post something truly exciting, so we'll see.

Is it sad that we're used to not getting any news? I'm like you Marvin in no news is not going to send me in to some hate filled rant like a 2 year old. Just counting the days till March 22nd.

JoŽlNL
03-17-2016, 08:02 PM

Yeah! Looking forward to a new stream! While I am not always able to attend to it, I loved the streams on Thursdays. Also I enjoyed chatting :)

Jamie579
03-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Are we gonna get any new news soon?! :D

Jesse074
03-21-2016, 12:16 AM
They ware working on the framerate

Gunibear
03-22-2016, 04:50 PM
No Throwback Tuesday? :(

mitchellmcduff
03-23-2016, 06:07 PM
We gonna get a stream tomorrow, or will there be more "technical difficulties"?

CycloneGU
03-23-2016, 09:43 PM
If you guys do RCT3, pick one of the original RCT1 scenarios from Mike Worley's site and give it a playing. A lot of great remakes there. :) I'd be biased in suggesting one, as I made a few of them, so pick whatever one you like if you do.

warcat61
03-23-2016, 10:41 PM
You guys did a great job on recreating those scenarios! I wish all of them would have been recreated. A few of my favorites unfortunately were not. Don't have the patients you guys did to try to do one on my own.

CycloneGU
03-23-2016, 11:36 PM
You guys did a great job on recreating those scenarios! I wish all of them would have been recreated. A few of my favorites unfortunately were not. Don't have the patients you guys did to try to do one on my own.
Thanks! You might be happy to know that some of the scenarios that did NOT get recreations are among those first on my list for RCTW should we get a scenario editor there; for instance, I'm currently working on getting the backside of Butterfly Dam in place and as it should be on my text conversion, and then I will find another one to work on. The thing I've been lazy to do so far is note trees and scenery placement, so I will have to get around to doing that in the rush leading up to release and make sure I have all my data ready to go for quick input into the game. It's all done manually, keep in mind, there's nothing automatic. :) I have to go get Octagon Park, too; I had started that one, but the project started winding down, so I left it incomplete. I also started doing the Alcatraz scenario from RCT2, but missing items made me lose interest; I can do it now with UGC help, so that might get a visit as well. If you have a favourite, tell me about it and I may make it the next to grab data for. ;)

If you want a favourite of my own, I will note that Trinity Islands is probably that one. It was a pain to get the paths to go the way they had to and get the water in place. I had to delete parts of the path network when the water refused to fill in, and before that regularly adjust the land height to make the pathing correct because the game engine somehow decided that going from one tile to another slightly lower would mean having two separated paths, and not a linking connection. That was a mess to complete, but it came out looking beautiful from ground level.