PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This New Screenshot!

Nookriot
02-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Greetings Fellow Tycoons!

First and foremost, we hope everyone had a splendid weekend! Secondly, we just wanted to drop by to kick off the week with another screenshot for your viewing pleasure. Changing the theme to a western on this one! Check out a park called "Outlaw Canyon". Cheers!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Outlaw-Canyon.jpg

MrBob101
02-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Amazing!
(Just filling this in to meet 10 character requirement)

RCTW1
02-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Thank You Nookriot! :)

FusionDeck
02-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Looks great! :D

Wabigbear
02-22-2016, 06:48 PM
I think it looks quite nice! I like the lighting. I especially like the fact that the supports on the woodie ACTUALLY support the track and don't seem to have many places where they aren't attached to it. Cacti look nice, as do the covered wagons. The queue fence here is MUCH better, it's scaled properly to the peeps. I'm wondering about it's placement, there seem to be a number of gaps on one side and extra posts on the other...I presume that's to follow the curved queue?

The desert rockwork looks good, I hope that they'll also include a matching ground/cliff texture to blend it all together, the 'sand' texture seems a little dull.

Overall, looks really good.

Kombiice
02-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Looks nice !!

Stream
02-22-2016, 06:51 PM

This peep get to represent my feelings of this shot.

Supports on the wooden coaster looks nice. That's about the only positive thing I can say at the moment.

Edit: the texture of the rocks looks good too.

Chaosgod_Espťr
02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
:/ So this is the second Park, that looks good on Shots.. and you took the time to arrange the Camera to fit the Lights, the Time, the View..etc
But you couldn't find the time to take a Video of that? o.O

Don't get me wrong - The Progress since the first Beta is really good and it looks better and better..
It's just... you can't say anything about the action, when looking at photographies.. you need to see it as a movie with all the explosions and stunts..
So.. the 1000th Screenshot can't replace a video, even if it's only a few seconds long!

ddrplaya4638
02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Yayyy western! Good job team I wanna play now.

DinahLee
02-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Nook (can we call u this way? LOL) can't u give us a video? Just few seconds of showing the park... Maybe a POV...
*pls*

Victorblbr
02-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Amazing! If we get one screenshot a day, that would be awesome! (It looks like that's what's going to happen) AAAND! I love how the community is positive and alive again! Thanks, Nook! (I'll star calling you that now, like my fellow tycoon DinahLee >.<)

handsome1987
02-22-2016, 07:00 PM
wowww its look really great!!!

Marco_italy
02-22-2016, 07:05 PM
It is starting to look good and, above all, you guys are becoming active and this is a really positive thing! But what about creating custom builder system (Like "The Sims" one) ? It would improve amazingly the game giving us a lot of interesting options!

Sawyer
02-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Can we please see a video? Please show us, we like photos but we're bored. We want game play!!!

JMR
02-22-2016, 07:20 PM
I like that night looks a lot darker! Thanks for sharing.

Knobs
02-22-2016, 07:32 PM
Great post Nook. Thanks. I like the lighting and the ambient occlusion , but i dont see that much shadows underneath objects. The ao is making up well , but i hope some shadowwork will improve. Looks better and better each day. But there will be still some work to do :) I have no idea how maxed out the cpu is now is and how much room there is still left to notch it up. I also guess the peeps need to stay low poly in order to have a massive park full of them. Great pr turnaround, thank you. I hope matt can sleep again and focus on giving us that hatd promised AAA game we all are dreaming of. Good luck and high five Nvizzio for me please.

DoctorPelusa
02-22-2016, 07:36 PM
It took me some time to notice what was the weird thing about the wooden coaster until i noticed it: why the wooden coaster does not have a handrail?

Here are a RCT3 (http://orig02.deviantart.net/e919/f/2013/114/3/4/rct3__wooden_roller_coaster_by_baltobud8-d62ttby.jpg) and a Real (http://parkthoughts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DSC04416.JPG) pictures for reference. I just has to type "Wooden Coaster" on Google to find it out...

I guess, at least we are not seing more vegetation and lakes...

EDIT: Just noticed after zooming at max that there IS a handrail, it's just a bit low.

Zerael
02-22-2016, 07:41 PM
404 ground texture not found
just like this one
http://i.imgur.com/lqpH7KT.png

Airboss
02-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Awesome! I hope we get weekly/daily screenies!

Marvin
02-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Looks alright I guess... the peeps still scare me. Was really hoping the wooden supports would be much more realistic.

Notice how the bottom right of the screenshot says "development build." Shouldn't it be past that stage if the game is coming out next month?y

SEA DOG
02-22-2016, 08:34 PM
404 ground texture not found
just like this one
http://i.imgur.com/lqpH7KT.png

I hope that ride is still in the game :). but the new screen shot nookriot posted looks epic I can't wait to play the game :D

JoŽlNL
02-22-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks NookRiot for the new screenshot. Western is looking nice, and it has a nice ambience during the night with all of those lights. I especially like the western lamp posts.

Casiquire
02-22-2016, 08:53 PM
Nice! I agree regarding the sand texture though. I'm glad to see there are a few more peeps here than in the last few shots.

joris416
02-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Awesome shot here! This one really shows progress: Nice textures, scaling issues seem resolved and this shot shows a lot more decoration than just vegetation as previous shots did. Really happy with that, limited scenery items was one of the things I was getting afraid of. Peeps, although scaled a lot better, still seem a little bit clunky or unoptimized, but I'll consider that a work-in progress.

Definately looking forward to see more stuff like this :)

dwwilkin
02-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Nice evening effect

Lettuce
02-22-2016, 10:27 PM
This screenshot is awesome! The scaling already looks better and the peeps look in general a lot better! The only thing that I don't like is the texture of the ground but we have already seen some other textures that look fine so that is not much of a worry.

dwwilkin
02-22-2016, 11:42 PM
King Kong was ditched a few developers ago, but then there is always UGC...

inspectorgadget
02-23-2016, 03:46 AM
As has been mentioned by a few, screenshots can only reveal so much. How it plays in-game is another thing entirely so am interested to see a video or two in the coming weeks.

Big_Boy
02-23-2016, 05:03 AM
Nookriot,

can't you provide us a short movie ingame ? :) nice looking screenshot.

DMB1985
02-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Can we please see a video? Please show us, we like photos but we're bored. We want game play!!!

This. Screenshots are nice but it really is about time we actually saw something of the gameplay and had some proper news.

demomode_br
02-23-2016, 10:56 AM
This. Screenshots are nice but it really is about time we actually saw something of the gameplay and had some proper news.

What about park management? Guests needs, feelings, etc?

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 12:04 PM
The people have spoken.

VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO! lmao

SymphonyX4
02-23-2016, 12:05 PM
What about park management? Guests needs, feelings, etc?

Exactly. Pictures are nice, but again, how long is it going to take to get some info on the non-visual game play elements? Simulation, economics, management, staff, peeps needs, ratings, etc. is still mostly a giant question mark. I don't expect to be given all of the information in great detail all at once, but it's time to begin releasing some of this information.

michael_leahy
02-23-2016, 12:14 PM
yessssssssssssssss VIDEO :cool::cool::cool:

inspectorgadget
02-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Does seem to be a case of they are holding back on releasing videos for now until some of the glaring issues are addressed. Would love to see how the peeps look in motion :D

cupofjoe
02-23-2016, 12:29 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the paths being raised above the ground? Its something I notice in every shot and it bothers me. I'm sure it'll be something that I'll learn to deal with, but that hasn't happened yet :rolleyes: I guess I just prefer it to be flush with the ground like in previous games.

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 12:40 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the paths being raised above the ground? I never noticed that!

VIDEO! VIDEO! VIDEO!

DMB1985
02-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Exactly. Pictures are nice, but again, how long is it going to take to get some info on the non-visual game play elements? Simulation, economics, management, staff, peeps needs, ratings, etc. is still mostly a giant question mark. I don't expect to be given all of the information in great detail all at once, but it's time to begin releasing some of this information.

Exactly. These screenshots don't tell us a thing about the gameplay and rather obviously, that's the most important part of any game. I don't think it's unreasonable of us to actually want to see what features are in this game and how they work.

Sidney
02-23-2016, 01:22 PM
I dont like the ground?

inspectorgadget
02-23-2016, 01:34 PM
I dont like the ground?

It is very RCT3ish - some of these 'awesome' comments are a bit OTT

https://static.taigame.org/image/screenshot/201206/rollercoaster-tycoon-3-platinum-13.jpg

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 01:36 PM
"We are deep into the optimization of the game and have a few tasks left before we can announce the release date. Our next blog will talk about optimization and those tasks we have left."

You won't give us in game videos and haven't even spoken about park management. This talks like you have nearly finished the product and very close to releasing it.

Making me very, very nervous.

coaster_tog
02-23-2016, 01:41 PM
optimization is the VERY last thing you do

You dont do optimization and then add something else or change something as you then need to do full optimization AGAIN

This means that the game should be read now, but as "The Real Sawyer" says we have not had beta 2, a live stream, nothing about park management no road map for adding the features missing at launch

So i'd FULLY expect a barebones steam early access title trying to beat "The other game" out of the trap

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 01:44 PM
"The Real Sawyer"

:rolleyes: LOLLLLL

cupofjoe
02-23-2016, 01:47 PM
The wooden fences still make me nervous too. The gaps are uneven in-between the individual pieces, and there are some pieces that are very long, making it inconsistent. I'm just being nit-picky at this point.

Kambor
02-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Recognized this ride on the right:
https://www.xgadget.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RCTW-06-02-15.jpg

I'm glad they canged the design a little bit.

Nookriot
02-23-2016, 05:06 PM
Greetings Everyone!

We are dropping in this evening to show off another park. Using the western-themed Outlaw Canyon we showed yesterday, we wanted to have a shot in the daytime to accent some shadows! Plus the glorious sun halo is a nice treat as well!

Enjoy and hope you all have a great evening!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Outlaw_Canyon_Daytime_01.jpg

coaster_tog
02-23-2016, 05:09 PM
taken in low resolution?

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Is it hust me or the peeps look amazing in this picture?

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 05:10 PM
The sun glare looks great if that isn't added in post game! Peeps looking a little better close up to, but...

VVVVVVVIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEEOOOOOO!?!?!?!?!!??!

Sawyer
02-23-2016, 05:11 PM

I wouldn't say amazing, much better than yesterday.

doubleshot
02-23-2016, 05:13 PM
taken in low resolution?

You're a troll? lol

Anyways nice shots! I see shadows have made it back to the shots. That's good, hopefully that means optimization is going well.

Yes, video!!!!! NEEEEEEEEEEDDD

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 05:14 PM
The only thing I can point it out in this picture are the lamps. They seem like an 8-bit texture...

doubleshot
02-23-2016, 05:18 PM
The only thing I can point it out in this picture are the lamps. They seem like an 8-bit texture...

How about pointing out postives too? lol just because a few trolls like to post negative things all the time doesn't mean you need to too. Don't fall into the trap! It's a game!

So how about some positives:

The peeps are way better

They have colored shirts, pants, different shoes and it looks like animations

Lens flare! weeeee
Western plants. Very cool
Picnic area?
Western scenery to make the theme come together
Archway over a path!!!!!

JSkorzec
02-23-2016, 05:20 PM
I really like the boat-themed ride on the right, It looks quite neat :D
And the woodie looks amazing too ^_^

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 05:23 PM
How about pointing out postives too? lol just because a few trolls like to post negative things all the time doesn't mean you need to too. Don't fall into the trap! It's a game!

So how about some positives:

The peeps are way better

They have colored shirts, pants, different shoes and it looks like animations

Lens flare! weeeee
Western plants. Very cool
Picnic area?
Western scenery to make the theme come together
Archway over a path!!!!!

Hey! Sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant that the only BAD thing I could point it out were the lamps, but everything else were amazing. I'm sorry. :)

Marvin
02-23-2016, 05:23 PM
So I guess that means no video...

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Hey! Sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant that the only BAD thing I could point it out were the lamps, but everything else were amazing. I'm sorry. :)

Oh, and, I even made the "picnic area" thread, and posted here before the lamps post that the peeps looked amazing.

Big_Boy
02-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Well it does look amazing, but i do want my second beta ... end of feb is there. I'm still waiting for the promised stream from Januari ... What was promised @ dec stream ...

doubleshot
02-23-2016, 05:35 PM

Hahah no worries. Its just crazy. We have asked them to put up more shots and they did. And then a few users have taken it upon themselves to only point out negatives and not even postives. I didn't want you to fall into the trap!

As a whole I think this game is shaping up to be great. They have just showed us two environments! Its awesome! Look at the creativity.

svensonic1
02-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Greetings Everyone!

We are dropping in this evening to show off another park. Using the western-themed Outlaw Canyon we showed yesterday, we wanted to have a shot in the daytime to accent some shadows! Plus the glorious sun halo is a nice treat as well!

Enjoy and hope you all have a great evening!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Outlaw_Canyon_Daytime_01.jpg
:0 this looks amazing! It seems a lot better since the last beta I really like those screenshots.
Thanks nookriot for those amazing screens.

The Inspector
02-23-2016, 05:37 PM
I second what has already been said. Everything looks decent apart from the ground texture which looks rather dull and out of place with the much more detailed rocks on top. Nookriot, will the forces that be allow you to confirm what we are all suspecting, that flat rides won't be recolourable?

Casiquire
Yaay shadows! And I'm loving the Western themed drink stall!

Victorblbr
Hahah no worries. Its just crazy. We have asked them to put up more shots and they did. And then a few users have taken it upon themselves to only point out negatives and not even postives. I didn't want you to fall into the trap!

As a whole I think this game is shaping up to be great. They have just showed us two environments! Its awesome! Look at the creativity.

Same thought here. The game does looks great!

Zerael
02-23-2016, 06:15 PM
next screenshot show us jungle park please
http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/uploads/emoticons/YESPLEASE.gif

dwwilkin
02-23-2016, 06:24 PM
I am sensing that all of a sudden (like 3 working days in a row we have had screen shots) the community is turning and enjoying what they see. The disappointment factor is not as high this particular tuesday, than it was last tuesday for instance.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 06:43 PM
I am sensing that all of a sudden (like 3 working days in a row we have had screen shots) the community is turning and enjoying what they see. The disappointment factor is not as high this particular tuesday, than it was last tuesday for instance.

I agree. I'm glad we are still being critical, calling out the missing shadows and the missing textures of the sand, but also mentioning the good things we see.

Wabigbear
02-23-2016, 06:56 PM
I agree. I'm glad we are still being critical, calling out the missing shadows and the missing textures of the sand, but also mentioning the good things we see.

Agree, I think the comments are starting to be a little more balanced, as they should be. Despite things that can be pointed out that are wrong, there's a LOT that should be pointed out that is right.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 07:12 PM
I do find it odd to post this pic talking about how great the shadows are when the peeps still don't have any? Is that just because of the optimization process?

deadwoods
02-23-2016, 07:29 PM
I do find it odd to post this pic talking about how great the shadows are when the peeps still don't have any? Is that just because of the optimization process?
The peeps have shadows, but it seems there's a lot of ambient light so they're quite soft.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 07:42 PM
The peeps have shadows, but it seems there's a lot of ambient light so they're quite soft.

I disagree, I don't even see a hint of one under the little girl toward the right side of the newest pic.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Though the guy in front of the fence seems to have a totally fine one. Weird.

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Though the guy in front of the fence seems to have a totally fine one. Weird.

Does he? I can't find it.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Does he? I can't find it.

Yes it reaches pretty far too. Look at the sidewalk just to the right of the girl's legs on the left. That's his head's shadow.

Victorblbr
02-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Yes it reaches pretty far too. Look at the sidewalk just to the right of the girl's legs on the left. That's his head's shadow.
Oh, I see it now. Good eye! haha

4thImpulse
02-23-2016, 08:20 PM
I have no trouble seeing their shadows, they are faint in this presumably softer lighting. Can you see the shadow of the fence or the plants?

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 08:59 PM
I have no trouble seeing their shadows, they are faint in this presumably softer lighting. Can you see the shadow of the fence or the plants?

Yes, I see shadows for all objects and some peeps but there are some I haven't spotted shadows for, like the girl on the right.

Casiquire
02-23-2016, 09:02 PM
And I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier, but why aren't the shadows parallel to one another? It's like the sun is a spotlight a few hundred feet away rather than a star millions of miles away.

I'm just really happy that my only concerns right now are one texture and some shadows! It really feels like we're getting close.

inspectorgadget
02-24-2016, 04:34 AM

They seem to lack any kind of emotion, just static facial expressions which don't change.

DMB1985
02-24-2016, 05:28 AM

I think they look badly outdated to be honest. They might have been ok about 5 years ago but by todays standard they really don't look that good.

The shadows look better in this shot then in previous ones though and that sun glare is great.

Blademaster
02-24-2016, 06:10 AM
this doesnt look like a game in 2016, i think games 10 years ago had better graphics.

But if its playable and have enaugh features it can be a good game.. but im not excited about this.

you could easily make a better sky in paint in 10 minutes.

CycloneGU
02-24-2016, 11:03 AM
It looks nice, but I still don't have my answer, and I'm still not buying the game without knowing whether there is a scenario or campaign editor. Let's get that answer, then I can join in oohing and aahing.

dollebrekel
02-24-2016, 11:38 AM
:/ So this is the second Park, that looks good on Shots.. and you took the time to arrange the Camera to fit the Lights, the Time, the View..etc
But you couldn't find the time to take a Video of that? o.O

Don't get me wrong - The Progress since the first Beta is really good and it looks better and better..
It's just... you can't say anything about the action, when looking at photographies.. you need to see it as a movie with all the explosions and stunts..
So.. the 1000th Screenshot can't replace a video, even if it's only a few seconds long!

I agree with you. A video cannot replace screenshots.
Is it possible to make a short video even its a few secondes long. I want to see how everything moves and how the graphics looks like in the movie.

But after all keep posting the updates we appreciete it

S1m0nde
02-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Greetings Fellow Tycoons!

First and foremost, we hope everyone had a splendid weekend! Secondly, we just wanted to drop by to kick off the week with another screenshot for your viewing pleasure. Changing the theme to a western on this one! Check out a park called "Outlaw Canyon". Cheers!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Outlaw-Canyon.jpg

Okay back to the first one.
Did nobody see the peep fusion? Please open the pic in a new tab, zoom in and look at the peeps in the waiting line. I see at least two times where peeps are melted together..
1st black top black hair has a child in it with a white shirt and left of the lamp peep with grey shirt with stripes. you see another peep coming out of it a little...

SymphonyX4
02-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Did nobody see the peep fusion? Please open the pic in a new tab, zoom in and look at the peeps in the waiting line. I see at least two times where peeps are melted together..
1st black top black hair has a child in it with a white shirt and left of the lamp peep with grey shirt with stripes. you see another peep coming out of it a little...

HAH! Good catch. Looks like there are 2 peeps coinciding with one another. Just needs some 'optimization' and everything will be super awesome!!!:cool:

Also, why is it that peeps walk with their hands so high in the air? Like the one in the green and blue shirt all the way to the right. And if you look at the guy just above him near the 3 covered wagons, it looks like he is hugging the air! Either that or doing some weird gang sign. :p

S1m0nde
02-24-2016, 04:31 PM
HAH! Good catch. Looks like there are 2 peeps coinciding with one another. Just needs some 'optimization' and everything will be super awesome!!!:cool:

Also, why is it that peeps walk with their hands so high in the air? Like the one in the green and blue shirt all the way to the right. And if you look at the guy just above him near the 3 covered wagons, it looks like he is hugging the air! Either that or doing some weird gang sign. :p

The one close to the three wagons is smashing a rap song right now and waves his hands just like rappers do. :p

Wabigbear
02-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Hmmm, that's not good. That needs to be attended to. Peep fusion was an issue mentioned many times when people listed what they didn't like about RCT3. I'd expect it to not occur on a quality game at this date.

PSPfreaky
02-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Srry but it looks like RCTW from the earlier developers for me.

bazahazano
02-24-2016, 06:21 PM
This game still looks poor and second rate. I really cant see much improvement from RCT3 if any.

Jakah
02-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Yep there are some serious issues with peeps and I suspect Atari are struggling with them. It seems to be the last item they have considered when is should have been the first. I hope they can get over this and start making the game look and feel how we expect.

I agree, it doen't look a million miles away from RCT3 quality and we are 10 years further on. Expectations are for something better not a republishing of the same package.

dwwilkin
02-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Why should Peeps have been the first?

I think that peep Pyschlogy is much more important than how they look. They could look exactly like they do in RCT (1) and I would be happy. I just want them to think and act as if the 16+ years in advancement of AI is present.

I think the first thing that is important to work on is the Coaster, especially since the are trying this node system. Then once they know that works, go for the terrain. Just as if you were building a park.

JoŽlNL
02-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Yep there are some serious issues with peeps and I suspect Atari are struggling with them. It seems to be the last item they have considered when is should have been the first. I hope they can get over this and start making the game look and feel how we expect.

I agree, it doen't look a million miles away from RCT3 quality and we are 10 years further on. Expectations are for something better not a republishing of the same package.

I agree in that the guests are something that, whatever they did, is one of the things they considered less important, and as such, developed them later in development. I won't use the word 'final', for we do not know if it really is the final thing. Maybe they need to work on the management part as well, before starting to optimize the game.

Marvin
02-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Yeah, the more I look at that shot the more I just see an RCT3 with mods enabled. It doesn't really look like the 2015/2016 RCT game I expected it to be. Nothing really stands out.

Looks a lot more cartoony than all of the other screenshots we've seen too, which doesn't really bug me but I though the developers were going for a realistic look.

Marvin
02-24-2016, 07:49 PM
I agree in that the guests are something that, whatever they did, is one of the things they considered less important, and as such, developed them later in development. I won't use the word 'final', for we do not know if it really is the final thing. Maybe they need to work on the management part as well, before starting to optimize the game.

Optimization implies that they're done with development and just working on ways to make the game run better before release, right? The game is still scheduled for release next month so they should definitely be at that stage by now.

But I agree, just from this picture alone I can see that there's still a lot of work left to be done.

JoŽlNL
02-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Optimization implies that they're done with development and just working on ways to make the game run better before release, right? The game is still scheduled for release next month so they should definitely be at that stage by now.

But I agree, just from this picture alone I can see that there's still a lot of work left to be done.

Right! I know, and I agree with that. Optimization really is one of the final phases of a game, but the latest screenshots do indicate that a lot of work needs to be done before optimization can begin. They should be at the optimization stage, yet, it would be better for the game if it wasn't, and that they would work on fixing all of the issues that others have given feedback on. We'll see next month what's going to happen...

Marvin
02-24-2016, 08:23 PM
Right! I know, and I agree with that. Optimization really is one of the final phases of a game, but the latest screenshots do indicate that a lot of work needs to be done before optimization can begin. They should be at the optimization stage, yet, it would be better for the game if it wasn't, and that they would work on fixing all of the issues that others have given feedback on. We'll see next month what's going to happen...

Definitely. I'm kinda hoping they just stick to next month; this game is gonna need at least another year if they try to fix everything that's currently wrong with it and add all the missing features. And we both know what will be out by that time...

dwwilkin
02-24-2016, 08:54 PM
Late in the day Wednesday. We got Screenshots: Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.... Nothing today?

JoŽlNL
02-24-2016, 09:03 PM
Definitely. I'm kinda hoping they just stick to next month; this game is gonna need at least another year if they try to fix everything that's currently wrong with it and add all the missing features. And we both know what will be out by that time...
Yes, we know :)

RCTW would benefit from more development time, technically. I don't know if that also counts for profitability of the game, considering something else that is coming soon.

Casiquire
02-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Late in the day Wednesday. We got Screenshots: Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.... Nothing today?

Supposedly there's a video in the works? In my opinion that would make up for it.

Big_Boy
02-25-2016, 03:18 AM
No screenshot yesterday, well i hoped we could get 1 everyday now :(

Blademaster
02-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Looks a lot more cartoony than all of the other screenshots we've seen too, which doesn't really bug me but I though the developers were going for a realistic look.
This for sure, and this is a little bit of confusing,

DMB1985
02-25-2016, 05:18 AM
Yeah, the more I look at that shot the more I just see an RCT3 with mods enabled. It doesn't really look like the 2015/2016 RCT game I expected it to be. Nothing really stands out.

Sadly I'm finding this too. At first, I saw something that I liked with each screenshot but the more I look at them, the worse they look. Graphics might not make a game but it would be nice if it at least looked like a game from within the last couple of years.

RCTW1
02-25-2016, 11:09 AM
The screenshot doesn't look bad to me.

JoŽlNL
02-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Supposedly there's a video in the works? In my opinion that would make up for it.

Let's hope so. It would be great to have a video of the latest build of the game. If they do release a video, I really hope for the best that we won't be disappointed with more 'major bugs' that are due to design problems and such. I hope such a video will show us the game is running nicely in the latest build.

I am aware that if no video is released, the game may not be ready for it. Which would imply that the game is also not ready for release...

Hope for the best.

JoŽlNL
02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
The screenshot doesn't look bad to me.

It doesn't look bad to me either, but it also doesn't look very good to me. To say it more clearly, it doesn't look AAA-class to me.

Reasons: see comments from other forum users like Deuce.

Nookriot
02-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Evening All!

As promised, here is another screenshot the western-themed park you all know and love, Outlaw Canyon! This one is a daytime shot showing off some ground textures! The log cabin is nice to look at too!

Hope you all enjoy and stay tuned for more!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1d_V03_Final.jpg

LaurenceColes
02-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Woooo! Ground textures and general shadows looking much better!!! The cabin looks great too! :D

Peeps still looking a bit strange though... not very "human like", especially the girl in the purple to the left... :p

But looking great! :cool:

doublefioul
02-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Good.
Time to release us some animation

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
Agree! Shadows look nice. The cabin door is open. Seems to be more than just decoration.
What I notice more and more: all the peeps are pretty skinny! It is so strange because life is so different. I hope to see some more diversity in the game. People in real life have so many forms and shapes. Reminds me of the android ad:

https://youtu.be/xLhJIFC8xkY
Left piano: real people. Right piano: RCTW peeps..
What do you think? I can't imagine I'm the only one who sees that.

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 07:16 PM
I suggest tue team should invest some of the AAA game development money to rent one of these cool motion suits to bring some real life motion into the peeps.

Or maybe they all are traumatized because there is too much torturing in the park and that is why everybody looks so strange...

Victorblbr
02-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Evening All!

As promised, here is another screenshot the western-themed park you all know and love, Outlaw Canyon! This one is a daytime shot showing off some ground textures! The log cabin is nice to look at too!

Hope you all enjoy and stay tuned for more!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1d_V03_Final.jpg

Cool picture! The only thing I dislike are the yellow flowers. Rest of it looks great!

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 07:24 PM
And no I am not serious about the following but did anybody else notice that all employees are black? Left of the cabin there is a black cleaning worker. In the front of the cabin there is a black mechanic and in the right side there is a black nurse. Maybe white applicants are discriminated in this park or an old texan millionaire lives out his outdated fantasy... :D

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
I like the textures and the theming a lot. Nice trashcans, nice rocks.

Casiquire
02-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes! Ground textures and shadows! Though I still see shadows that aren't parallel. Looking at the shape of the loop, there's some kind of distortion in these pics that may be causing the shadows to look unnatural, but that's hard to say from looking at still shots.

Casiquire
02-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Hooray for double-posts...but look at the very far left of the image, just under the lift hill. What's that?

MJK1988
02-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the screenshot! It looks great. I hope we'll get to see a more close-up look at some of the coaster types.

Casiquire
02-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the screenshot! It looks great. I hope we'll get to see a more close-up look at some of the coaster types.

Yes! I'm not sure we ever got official word on all the coaster types that we'll have at launch. I assumed more than there were in the beta.

Looks like not all the peeps got their shadows yet. The shadows for peeps on the right still seem to have gone all Peter Pan and run away.

Varhaatus
02-25-2016, 07:49 PM
The screenshot look like they are from a really old game .... Come on Atari i know Korean MMORPGS with hundreds of players on a screen spamming flashy spells that look a million times better than this. This is a far less demanding on hardware single player PC game .. AAA ? Not a chance .. Not even close/

Can we have something from the past 5 years ? Or something thats gonna last 5 years ?

Not impressed or hyped.

MJK1988
02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Yes! I'm not sure we ever got official word on all the coaster types that we'll have at launch. I assumed more than there were in the beta.
And these screen shots seem to focus on other things with the roller coasters only partially in the background. Would love to see an overview shot of some of the coasters the development team has designed. Designing coasters has always been my favorite part about RCT. And since the game is called ROLLER COASTER Tycoon World... :D

Casiquire
02-25-2016, 07:57 PM
And these screen shots seem to focus on other things with the roller coasters only partially in the background. Would love to see an overview shot of some of the coasters the development team has designed. Designing coasters has always been my favorite part about RCT. And since the game is called ROLLER COASTER Tycoon World... :D

I agree. The five shots in the other thread showed that they actually made some improvements in the track, it looked much more like a proper B&M. People assume that if it's in the background it's low-quality and intentionally hidden but I don't think that's true.

Can you tell what type of track is showing on the far left, just beneath the lift hill? It looks like the lift hill of another ride but it cuts off in an odd way and doesn't look like any track I've seen from the game.

dwwilkin
02-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Sad we missed a Screenshot yesterday but glad we got one today. Hope for another tomorrow and maybe next week a totally different theme for each days Screenshot

S1m0nde
02-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Looks like not all the peeps got their shadows yet. The shadows for peeps on the right still seem to have gone all Peter Pan and run away.

Nothing to worry about
There is a "lost and found" service point in the park. Shadows are waiting there for their owners.

Blademaster
02-26-2016, 03:14 AM
i think there is a graphical downgrade going on.

the beta looks much more realistic then this. :o

Nookriot
02-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Nothing to worry about
There is a "lost and found" service point in the park. Shadows are waiting there for their owners.

THAT was funny!! LOL

DoctorPelusa
02-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Hi Nook, will we have any news before Monday?, Keep in mind that answering this will prevent any server load issues during the weekend as a result of me not constantly clicking on refresh. It's all adventages!

Big_Boy
02-26-2016, 09:55 AM
@Nookriot,

Is it possible to provide us whit a screenshot of the finance window ? would love to see the details on it i guess that is already possible ?

Nookriot
02-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Hi Nook, will we have any news before Monday?, Keep in mind that answering this will prevent any server load issues during the weekend as a result of me not constantly clicking on refresh. It's all adventages!

Current "News" will be the link for the stream archive that is being processed now and another screenshot later this evening.

Nookriot
02-26-2016, 11:57 AM
@Nookriot,

Is it possible to provide us whit a screenshot of the finance window ? would love to see the details on it i guess that is already possible ?

Very good question, let me see what I can provide! Also, as I mentioned in the stream yesterday, the management aspect of this game is one of my favorites, so know that I am very anxious to share updates on those as they come in!!

Stay tuned!

Indominus
02-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Looks like a 2008 game

Big_Boy
02-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Very good question, let me see what I can provide! Also, as I mentioned in the stream yesterday, the management aspect of this game is one of my favorites, so know that I am very anxious to share updates on those as they come in!!

Stay tuned!

thx i hope it is possible would give nice touch extra on out promised screenshot later on today :).

DoctorPelusa
02-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Current "News" will be the link for the stream archive that is being processed now and another screenshot later this evening.

Great! But still hoping for a detailed blog entry or a video for next week... *blink, blink, nudge*

mev202
02-26-2016, 03:46 PM
This 100% Totally

This peep get to represent my feelings of this shot.

Supports on the wooden coaster looks nice. That's about the only positive thing I can say at the moment.

Edit: the texture of the rocks looks good too.

mev202
02-26-2016, 04:03 PM
Why are they just remaking RCT3? And they seem to think these screen shots show the game of in a positive way???

I just do not get it.

You can't polish a turd is all I can say.

Big_Boy
02-26-2016, 06:12 PM
we are forgotten, :o

inspectorgadget
02-26-2016, 08:00 PM
New screen:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12419097_999634676795370_6848386871881184805_o.jpg

Victorblbr
02-26-2016, 08:04 PM
New screen:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12419097_999634676795370_6848386871881184805_o.jpg

What the hell is the peep at bottom right (with green shirt) doing? Rap dance or something like that? LOL!

Victorblbr
02-26-2016, 08:05 PM
And there is a pyramid at the background! Awesome!

inspectorgadget
02-26-2016, 08:06 PM
What the hell is the peep at bottom right (with green shirt) doing? Rap dance or something like that? LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&v=9bZkp7q19f0

Victorblbr
02-26-2016, 08:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-gb&gl=gb&v=9bzkp7q19f0

omg hahahahahahahha

Marvin
02-26-2016, 08:30 PM
The top comment posted on that Facebook post:

Well, seems evident by now no matter what anyone says or does, Atari is going to be Atari. We ask for video, we get boring pics. We ask for details, we get hang in there. We ask for release date, we get soon... So, Atari, Planet Coaster early release is coming out in LESS than a month! Keep on ignoring us and watch how fast your game tanks. It's currently circling the bowl as I'm sure your aware of. Planet coasters developers do q&a with us. You don't. Seems you just don't care about anything we ask for. As you see people here are at their boiling point. Yeah you have a few fanboys her and there sounding like you pay them, but the overwhelming theme here and your forum is people are abandoning your sinking ship. I just can't wrap my mind around how you do nothing. Just keep pissing us off with your new moderator once again not listening and doing what he wants. I believe it comes down to you beating Planet Coaster to their early access. If you don't, I'm sure your bank isn't going to give you buckets to keep bailing that water that keeps getting deeper. Atari is really a pathetic developer who just does not possess the necessary skill set to deal with this ongoing problem. Now get ready for the minority fanboy rebuttal.

They really need to make some type of announcement.

Marvin
02-26-2016, 08:35 PM
New screen:

+Ground texture looks good.

-The cacti are too tall.
-The ice cream shop looks silly and out of place. Same with the drink/burger on top of the stalls.
-The Ring of Fire flat rides looks out of place since we can't recolor them.
-The peeps still look weird. What is the girl in the bottom right doing?
-Some peeps are still missing shadows.
-Those wooden coaster supports... what?

EDIT: Does anyone notice how there's no there's no ground texture behind the fence?

dwwilkin
02-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Where did the screenshot come from, Facebook?

Casiquire
02-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Where did the screenshot come from, Facebook?

I was wondering the same thing. Apparently so.

Big_Boy
02-27-2016, 05:11 AM
I comes idd from Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon

Blademaster
02-27-2016, 05:18 AM
dont like the look, sorry.

this looks more like the pipeworks trailer then the screens we got. :o

DMB1985
02-27-2016, 05:38 AM
It's hard to tell from the angle of the screenshot but it looks like guests can go inside the ice cream stall. I hope that's the case anyway but larger shops should really cater for more than one food item.

Wabigbear
02-27-2016, 07:24 AM
The thing that worries me the most is that Atari posted this screenshot and didn't even see just how bad it is...that's just unbelievable.

Not the park itself, but some of the content.

For a game that they have been bragging about how 'realistic' it is...look at that ugly-ass crap on top of those stalls. HOW can you not see how bad that looks? Look at that ridiculous looking, out of scale ice cream shop...WHERE have you ever seen anything that nasty in the real world? It's HUGELY out of scale, the opaque windows that hide that there's nothing inside? The fence around the Fireball flat ride? It's at a peeps head height...exactly what good does a fence that over-scaled do in the real world? Exactly HOW does that keep any peeps out of harms way? That issue has been pointed out since the beta MONTHS AGO and it STILL isn't fixed? The railing on that wooden coaster? What, it's to keep cat's and small rodents from falling off? Because it's about ankle height on a peep. As for the peeps themselves...well, it's been said they were being worked on, soI guess you still have a LONG ways to go yet?

The pyramid in the background? HUH? It's not the pyramid in a western themed area that bothers me so much, or the fact that we don't even have an Egyptian theme that I'm aware of, it's how that pyramid makes that huge "one-size-fits-all" park entrance stand out like a sore thumb...and I actually like that building, it just doesn't work for every park and it's the ONLY park entrance we've seen.

I just don't get why no one at Atari or Nvizzio seems to have noticed any of this stuff when it's glaringly obvious on these screens? I'm seeing this one getting picked apart at multiple sites mercilessly, why would you show a screen that illustrates plainly so many of the problems there are? The even better question is why some of these problems are still showing up FOUR MONTHS after they were seen in the beta?

Is everything bad? No, not at all! There's a great many things seen that I like, and even more that, while they aren't 'perfect', they aren't in any shape or form 'bad'. There is obviously huge potential in this game.

But with a game that you are hinting will be ready for possible release "soon", I'm just not seeing it. There's some glaring problems that either you're blind to, or are willfully overlooking.

I've been trying to be more positive about this game lately, I'm not opn the 'other' games bandwagon, and I really appreciate the increased presence and communication, but that last screenshot? Wow. Very disappointing. Perhaps that's why the beta won't be until the last minute...

DoctorPelusa
02-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Ok, so let me point out the good and bad things about the screenshot:

+ Paths seem to be much more flexible than in beta
+ Glad to see something new, even if it's completely out of place like the icecream shop
+ Western themed stalls look detailed, but ruined by the oversized roof burger and drink.
+ Pyramids? What the...?
+ Wooden coaster crossing itself improved, now tunnels are just a cut-off

- Wooden coaster looks extremely unrealistic, handrail should be part of the support structure, also look at how supports are built over a small concrete basement (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4145197573_7e8e20cd74_m.jpg) irl (However, i can live with bad wooden coasters, i don't think that should be top priority)
- Rides not recoloring almost confirmed now
- Park entrance also seems out of place
- Ground texture looks good at short distance, but plain from far...

MR.sugar
02-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Ok, so let me point out the good and bad things about the screenshot:

+ Paths seem to be much more flexible than in beta
+ Glad to see something new, even if it's completely out of place like the icecream shop
+ Western themed stalls look detailed, but ruined by the oversized roof burger and drink.
+ Pyramids? What the...?
+ Wooden coaster crossing itself improved, now tunnels are just a cut-off

- Wooden coaster looks extremely unrealistic, handrail should be part of the support structure, also look at how supports are built over a small concrete basement (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4145197573_7e8e20cd74_m.jpg) irl (However, i can live with bad wooden coasters, i don't think that should be top priority)
- Rides not recoloring almost confirmed now
- Park entrance also seems out of place
- Ground texture looks good at short distance, but plain from far...

I could live with these wooden coasters as well, but they promised to fix them as they also promised these guests are only placeholders and will look different in final version. Both seems to be lie at this point...

geoffersh
02-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Just watching in the background, reading all these comments. Nothing new except the same complaints, screenshots full of out of scale stuff and the wooden coaster supports and fence is nothing like what a real wooden coaster should look like. Time is running out for Atari, if they want a decent game for release at the end of March. It's too late to start rethinking about changes, everything should have been put right by now.
I'll take a back seat for now and keep watching.

Casiquire
02-27-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm not seeing scaling issues anywhere. I think people just like saying that at this point. Some of the fence planks are head-height? You know where else you'll see fences that are head-height? Real theme parks. I remember the fence I'd use to go into the "employee areas" was over a full head taller than I was, and I'm 6'1".

dwwilkin
02-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Why is end of March so critical? I think it was a mistake to add dates to this product. Nvizzio may not have been realistic in what they told Atari they could finish the product by, or Atari may have been pressuring. Perhaps in august getting ready for Pax and seeing that Nvizzio turned in a Coaster Builder, and a Terrain mod they didnt have a lot more work.

But we as a community tore apart the Coaster Builder and I suspect the Terrain tools have received the same abuse. I know that in the Nerd video some time was spent on the water and making a waterfall but others pointed out that you couldn't. We've talked so much about the Coaster Builder I forget a lot of what we criticized on the Terrain though I hated the Sequoia trees and they becoming spikes as you zoomed out. I remember that.

My point though, is that the game was clearly not ready as I said then, for a Christmas release. We really have not seen anything on playing the game, the scenarios, this campaign. Now many here like to build in Sandbox, but I spend my money, and I want to play the scenarios through to the end before I do sandboxing. That is what i want for my $50 and I want the hours I put in to be justified. At least 30 hours of gameplay for that kind of money.

With so much announced that will not be in the game, (Log Flume) I wonder if not giving more time to make these items in the game, and if Nvizzio needs a new contract for the items that really make RCTW a complete game, they should get it, and no 4th developer please, If this game comes out in September2016 but has everything, 80+ flat rides, Piece by Piece building, interactive UGC (does UGC come animated so we can have ride animations ala RCT3?) Dark Rides, Water Rides, more accurate peeps, less memory requirements... Then we should go for it.

And March, that is 1st Quarter, End of April if the end of the Early 2016

Wabigbear
02-27-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not seeing scaling issues anywhere. I think people just like saying that at this point. Some of the fence planks are head-height? You know where else you'll see fences that are head-height? Real theme parks. I remember the fence I'd use to go into the "employee areas" was over a full head taller than I was, and I'm 6'1".

The fence in question is a simple curved rail - there's nothing else to it, and yes, it's at about head height. A simple rail at head height does WHAT exactly, what is it's purpose as a fence? And no, you won't see such a thing at a real theme park.

You really don't see that that ice cream parlor isn't the size of a whale? Really? Look at the railing on the wooden coaster...it looks to be all of maybe a foot tall. You won't see that in a real theme park either.

So no, people AREN'T "just like saying that at this point", but perhaps you just like not seeing it at this point?

Wabigbear
02-27-2016, 04:39 PM
With so much announced that will not be in the game, (Log Flume) I wonder if not giving more time to make these items in the game, and if Nvizzio needs a new contract for the items that really make RCTW a complete game, they should get it, and no 4th developer please, If this game comes out in September2016 but has everything, 80+ flat rides, Piece by Piece building, interactive UGC (does UGC come animated so we can have ride animations ala RCT3?) Dark Rides, Water Rides, more accurate peeps, less memory requirements... Then we should go for it.

Very much agree. That 'other game' is coming out no matter what Atari does, so why not wait and put out a full AAA game worthy of the RCT name? Yeah, people will gripe that it's delayed, but people are going to gripe if the game isn't very good either...

dwwilkin
02-27-2016, 05:01 PM
I think the grippers still will outnumber us waitforbetter Peep Managers, but since December, I think there has been a shift and there are for more us Waitforbetter than before. How many others of you Waitforbetter are out there?

supermc
02-27-2016, 06:12 PM
Where's the screenshot we were told we were getting yesterday?

S1m0nde
02-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Where's the screenshot we were told we were getting yesterday?

Page 14 in this thread...

geoffersh
02-27-2016, 07:44 PM
You won't get any more screenshots until Monday, at the earliest. Nookriot needs his weekend break like everyone else. As he is learning how to play RCT2 ready for the next stream. lol

Big_Boy
02-29-2016, 02:58 AM
A New Week has started so, Nooki show us the new screenshots :) because it was weekend we get a 360 view :).

Nookriot
02-29-2016, 07:49 AM
A New Week has started so, Nooki show us the new screenshots :) because it was weekend we get a 360 view :).

Morning Big_Boy!

Content is coming, stay tuned!!

Big_Boy
02-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Morning,

I do, i'm staying tuned :).

You said last time you need to ask for vieuw of the mangement system if it was possible for a vid or screen on that ? :) would be nice to see that to offcourse.

f4a10
02-29-2016, 08:50 AM
This forum is my entertainment to pass time until PC comes out :D but at least their getting close to the look tbf. Just most of it looks over scaled or just tacky.

geoffersh
02-29-2016, 09:00 AM
We are all waiting with great excitement!

coaster_tog
02-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Morning Big_Boy!

Content is coming, stay tuned!!

mAAAtlab promised a video of this AAA gAAAme over a week ago now, is he gonna share it?

inspectorgadget
02-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Your moaning is becoming tiresome, tone it down.

Big_Boy
02-29-2016, 09:57 AM
mAAAtlab promised a video of this AAA gAAAme over a week ago now, is he gonna share it?

He promised a lot, not mutch was true or got us somewhere :( video was 2 weeks ago no ?

geoffersh
02-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Your moaning is becoming tiresome, tone it down.

Yes Sir! So sorry.

doublefioul
02-29-2016, 11:11 AM

He said they were working on.

Nookriot
02-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Evening Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! We bring you another screenshot, this time taken from the shade of the mighty oak tree!

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/T_Shirt_Shop_03_WithLogo.jpg

dwwilkin
02-29-2016, 07:42 PM
Wow, up for how long now and no comments dissing it? If you buy a tshirt, does your Peep start walking about the park with tshirt on?

DoctorPelusa
02-29-2016, 08:00 PM
What is that smiley face of sleeping near the statue? :S

JoŽlNL
02-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Good evening! Thanks for the new screenshot! :)

Sawyer
02-29-2016, 08:02 PM
does your Peep start walking about the park with tshirt on?

This would be a nice touch,

geoffersh
02-29-2016, 08:14 PM
You can't Wow us with just more screenshots, showing the same stuff we have already seen. Lets have some in game video instead. And do something with those stalls, get rid of the tacky signs.

Zerael
02-29-2016, 08:18 PM
please we don't need that emoticon it's not mobile game.

widlan
02-29-2016, 08:39 PM
It's probably just me, but I'm not thrilled about these screenshots. I don't know if it's because low resolution or low graphics, but it seems a little bit blurry or not perfectly sharp and awesome... It missed something.

Perhabs with optimization they make to the game, it will be incredible, but I'll wait to see some ingame footage to make my mind about this game.

DoctorPelusa
02-29-2016, 08:50 PM
It's probably just me, but I'm not thrilled about these screenshots. I don't know if it's because low resolution or low graphics, but it seems a little bit blurry or not perfectly sharp and awesome... It missed something.

Perhabs with optimization they make to the game, it will be incredible, but I'll wait to see some ingame footage to make my mind about this game.
I think that's just because of the huge resolution pics are taken, you can barely appreciate this blurriness unless you zoom in at max at the image.

Casiquire
02-29-2016, 09:34 PM
What is that smiley face of sleeping near the statue? :S

Good catch, seems like one of the ways the peeps will express emotions

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 02:15 AM
something we can not see or a fault in the game :).

nice shot offcourse.

RCTFan
03-01-2016, 03:25 AM
I love this shot. The colours are fantastic! Great :)

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Evening Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! We bring you another screenshot, this time taken from the shade of the mighty oak tree!

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/T_Shirt_Shop_03_WithLogo.jpg

Well isn't it possible to get us a live stream of 30 minutes off real ingame footage ? i know you can arrange that but we are all waiting for something like that.

I know you do great work here now showing us everyday a screenshot. but still can't believe the game isn't ready to show off in real time ?

DMB1985
03-01-2016, 05:21 AM
What on earth is the peep in the green trousers at the bottom of the screen doing? At least Deuce will be happy that there's no ketchup on the T-shirt stall counter.

Kambor
03-01-2016, 05:47 AM
When are we going to get the video Matt has been talking about?

coaster_tog
03-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Matt promised a new video over a week ago, instead we have been given several screen shots of the same area from different angles showing nothing new, I suspect that Atari doesn't have a game to actually show that isnt going to get pulled apart

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Well, they forget about that probly.

It is getting time to show some real footage ... "Soon we can ..." isn't a true answer offcourse. I know the job of nooki isn't easy but his force is the comunity to get something donne over there.

i do like the screenshots until now so i hope the have this week more real footage that is moving.

Nookriot
03-01-2016, 07:49 AM
Well, they forget about that probly.

It is getting time to show some real footage ... "Soon we can ..." isn't a true answer offcourse. I know the job of nooki isn't easy but his force is the comunity to get something donne over there.

i do like the screenshots until now so i hope the have this week more real footage that is moving.

Rest assured we have new footage coming as well as news, just need to hold off a bit longer! The video that you have all been asking for is in the works so stay tuned and bear with us!

Sawyer
03-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Will we see anything special before the weekend event in London?!

Nookriot
03-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Will we see anything special before the weekend event in London?!

Yes you will!

AtiTech
03-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Yes you will!

Ohkaay do not disappoint us ^^

Wabigbear
03-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Vendors in the stalls I see! The foliage looks really nice, one of the game's stronger features for me at least. Nice to see the peep numbers seem to be increased.

Deuce
03-01-2016, 08:11 AM
What on earth is the peep in the green trousers at the bottom of the screen doing? At least Deuce will be happy that there's no ketchup on the T-shirt stall counter.

:)

I am indeed happy!!

I can imagine the discussion:

"But we left the ketchup on all the other stalls!!!"

"No. we have to draw the line somewhere guys, no one will believe the peeps need ketchup with a t-shirt"

"Ok, realism, so will the peeps wear the t-shirts they buy"?

"Pfft, no! They can barely walk, they can't put t-shirts on. Anyway, their original clothes are already fused to their skin".

Winner1802
03-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Which event?

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Rest assured we have new footage coming as well as news, just need to hold off a bit longer! The video that you have all been asking for is in the works so stay tuned and bear with us!

Well nice to read but your all saying that for weeks now. i hope we see it verry soon.

Instead off that :) keep us in formed whit screenshots :) love all off them :).

Sawyer
03-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Which event?

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/brands-on-show

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 09:25 AM
http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/brands-on-show

is atari on that event ? :o

TheMagicianThing
03-01-2016, 09:45 AM
is atari on that event ? :o
yep and they even have a discount set up for tickets to the event(PCG20) :D

Deuce
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
yep and they even have a discount set up (PCG20) :D

A discount on what? the game? Or the entrance ticket to the event?

TheMagicianThing
03-01-2016, 09:54 AM
A discount on what? the game? Or the entrance ticket to the event?

If you read their Facebook and Twitter you could have guessed, but sorry for any confusion :o

Deuce
03-01-2016, 09:58 AM
If you read their Facebook and Twitter you could have guessed, but sorry for any confusion :o

I would if there was ever any news about the game on there SN!

Got it, 20% off the entrance ticket. Or free for me anyway, but I won't be going - out of the country. Also I couldn't cope if I go there and the stuff on display was limited. I think I might actually flip out lol

Big_Boy
03-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Well it seems pre order costumers don't get a glimp from the game then before this weekend. ohterwise it would spoil the event in londen so sad to read.

I hope people that are going will give us some video's or screenshots ... Not possible to get to london in this short notice :o.

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Well it seems pre order costumers don't get a glimp from the game then before this weekend. ohterwise it would spoil the event in londen so sad to read.

I hope people that are going will give us some video's or screenshots ... Not possible to get to london in this short notice :o.

Did you miss Nookriot's post that we're getting something before the event?

Deuce
03-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Did you miss Nookriot's post that we're getting something before the event?

I hope it's more than the guys who turn up at the show get. Sure, they paid an entrance fee - but the guys on this forum have waited over a year since paying. Shouldn't the pre-order community get the most out of anything Atari have to share? If they let people who turn up on the day play, shouldn't they let their actual loyal customers play?

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM
I hope it's more than the guys who turn up at the show get. Sure, they paid an entrance fee - but the guys on this forum have waited over a year since paying. Shouldn't the pre-order community get the most out of anything Atari have to share? If they let people who turn up on the day play, shouldn't they let their actual loyal customers play?

I never quite understood that stance: the beta testers got a whole weekend to test out the coaster builder freely in their homes. People this weekend will get to play the game for a few minutes while Atari reps breathe down their necks. It's not a free unlimited preview, it's an advertisement.

Deuce
03-01-2016, 07:30 PM
I never quite understood that stance: the beta testers got a whole weekend to test out the coaster builder freely in their homes. People this weekend will get to play the game for a few minutes while Atari reps breathe down their necks. It's not a free unlimited preview, it's an advertisement.

The point is that they're getting the one thing the pre-order community are screaming out for - access to the game as it is today. Even just a glimpse.

Don't ever forget that the initial pre-order drive came with promised beta access. When they cut this down to just two beta weekends people were generally pretty decent about it. Then it transpired the first beta weekend was riddled with bugs that they really didn't need a public beta to uncover... then the second beta weekend was delayed with a promise to return the next month.. and now 2 months later no word. People were encouraged to buy early for something they never got. Surely you can see that now giving other people the chance to have access (any access, on whatever terms), above giving their loyal pre-paying supporters access is like red rag to a bull? It's morally appalling. Why should anyone get access before the paying customers that were promised it?

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Because they're not getting access before paying customers. Paying customers got access months ago. And the second beta hasn't been officially cancelled either.

Deuce
03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Because they're not getting access before paying customers. Paying customers got access months ago. And the second beta hasn't been officially cancelled either.

It doesn't matter!! The whole point is that people were encouraged to pre-order on the basis they would get access first. The expectation was always that they would get access first throughout the process - why else would anyone pre-order a game? It's not as if digital copies are going to run out and you have to wait on release day.

I never said the second beta had been cancelled - I said it was promised, then delayed and promised later the next month - then that promise was broken and no word since. That is appalling.

Paying customers should get access first. The only reason they're giving access to a small group at the show here in the UK is that they can contain sharing of what people see, and they want to see how bad the reaction of that small group of people is. That's it.

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Why else would people pre-order? So they don't have to fly to London to play for three seconds. I never assumed that pre-ordering meant literally nobody would ever see anything before I do. I assumed I'd get the game when it came out plus maybe a goodie or two, which is exactly what I got.

Deuce
03-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Why else would people pre-order? So they don't have to fly to London to play for three seconds. I never assumed that pre-ordering meant literally nobody would ever see anything before I do. I assumed I'd get the game when it came out plus maybe a goodie or two, which is exactly what I got.

What goodies did you get for pre-ordering?

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 09:05 PM
What goodies did you get for pre-ordering?

Beta access

Deuce
03-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Beta access

How is that a goodie? They reluctantly gave you brief access to a small part of the game under the guise of being a valued beta tester - but in reality the bugs that existed were both alreadly very obvious to the developers, and also sufficiently severe to make enjoying the beta very difficult.

And you're telling me that because you got that months ago, now people that turn up at an even should get access to a much broader portion of the game whilst you get nothing?

And what about the kids that saved up to pre-order expecting a second beta? How do you think they feel knowing they can't even get an update on when it might be but that others are playing a recent build?

Casiquire
03-01-2016, 09:55 PM
I really don't care. Loved playing the beta, even with its annoying flaws. Someone else's access to the game doesn't affect me one bit.

Nemmie
03-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Hey Deuce. Bang?....... Wall?........Head.........?
Sorry! Couldn't resist.

On a lighter note, the video that's just been posted has some things that are improved.

streetblazer
03-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Awesome! Love it!

Deuce
03-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Hey Deuce. Bang?....... Wall?........Head.........?
Sorry! Couldn't resist.

On a lighter note, the video that's just been posted has some things that are improved.

Gotta try!

what improvements did you see? One thing I can say is the coaster train seemed to move more realistically (apart from the jointing issues) than in the beta. That looks tweaked perhaps.

KlaasHB
03-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Can we get a new screenshot?