PDA

View Full Version : Coaster Station Details

lohansony
12-13-2014, 03:22 AM
What do you look forward to in the coaster stations?
I would love to see stations that are controllable and have significantly more realistic entry and exit procedures. I would also like to see attendants (employees you could even change colors of and such) that check the cars and work in the control booth. I also think it would be cool to be able to upload your own music like RCT3, but you should also be able to upload ride announcements for entry and exiting of the ride, like on a real coaster at a real park. I think it would be cool if this was an option and the Atari team could place a generic one in the two spots (start and end of ride) for if you don't want to record your voice.
Just something I've always thought would be cool. It would add a little more personal touch to the game.
I also think they should do this on the rides.

What do you think?

Coasterfan312
12-13-2014, 08:00 AM
I completely agree with the general idea, but to review and expand on it in more detail:

- Station Gates
- Animations for peeps getting on and off the ride (not just teleporting).
- At least a small control booth, if not a way to place custom ones.
- Ride Operators (could add some interesting rare occurrences if they went on strike or something, and adds realism, of course).
- Checking the cars might be a tad far fetched, but it's always possible and would add realism.
- Ride Announcements probably wouldn't be popular enough of a feature to be included.
- Controlling the station yourself wouldn't really work in the tycoon genre. Your job is to manage and build the park, not run the rides in it.

Cigfu
12-13-2014, 10:45 AM
One thing I'd like to see is dispatch events.
The Smiler at Alton Towers has possibly the best example of this, when the train is about to dispatch they flash on a set of lights themed around an operating theater as a voice says "Join us", the train leaves the station as a segment of theme Ride's theme plays before an incredibly loud boom ends the sequence. One of the only videos I could find of the dispatch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFspEfyDLxg)
The ability to do something similar, either playing a sound clip or changing the station's lighting would be absolutely amazing. If the dev's have been on a field study on some real rides, I seriously hope they've given it a spin...no pun intended.

(Side note: I think this thread technically belongs in Ideas and suggestions)

JMR
12-13-2014, 11:06 AM
One thing I'd like to see is dispatch events.
The Smiler at Alton Towers has possibly the best example of this, when the train is about to dispatch they flash on a set of lights themed around an operating theater as a voice says "Join us", the train leaves the station as a segment of theme Ride's theme plays before an incredibly loud boom ends the sequence. One of the only videos I could find of the dispatch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFspEfyDLxg)
The ability to do something similar, either playing a sound clip or changing the station's lighting would be absolutely amazing. If the dev's have been on a field study on some real rides, I seriously hope they've given it a spin...no pun intended.

(Side note: I think this thread technically belongs in Ideas and suggestions)

That would be truly amazing!

I also think it would be great if you could add some sort of on-ride soundtrack.

Cigfu
12-13-2014, 11:44 AM
That would be truly amazing!

I also think it would be great if you could add some sort of on-ride soundtrack.

The problem with on ride soundtracks is copyright issues, since online is going to be a major feature, they can't include certain features that could be considered illegal file shearing. Though I see no reason why they can't include this in the single player, who knows, they might release modding tools that could allow someone within the community to make such a feature.

JMR
12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
The problem with on ride soundtracks is copyright issues, since online is going to be a major feature, they can't include certain features that could be considered illegal file shearing. Though I see no reason why they can't include this in the single player, who knows, they might release modding tools that could allow someone within the community to make such a feature.

Very good point, something which I did not consider.

Although, who exactly would file a DMCA takedown notice on a person playing their song for a virtual rollercoaster? I think they could just have guidelines on uploading soundtracks with a notice saying that they will remove any audio that violates the DMCA guidelines.

Whilst multiplayer creates many possibilities and new ways to enjoy and share the game, it also creates these types of hurdles.

I assume the same restrictions would apply to copyrighted images (ride logos, Etc). They would need to have guidelines on uploading these, also.

The question is, would they have time and resources to enforce these guidelines?

lohansony
12-19-2014, 01:14 AM
I think that since rct3 allowed you to play your own music or their stock music on the rides, they should be able to implement that as an option for right when the ride is about to leave the station or stop in the station. Sort of like another mixmaster show. There's a whole procedure that happens when the coaster opens. People enter and wait behind the gates. The announcement starts, gates open, guests get on, gates close, lap bars close, ride slowly starts, announcement ends.
I think it should be fairly easy if they can do all the things back in what...2005? We should be able to play an announcement for the ride even if it's a generic "please remain seated BLah BLah blah" I just think adding this would give the game one more simple feature for diehard coaster fans who want to hear an announcement like the real thing. It's 2015 c'mon 😉

sub780lime
12-19-2014, 12:56 PM
I think that since rct3 allowed you to play your own music or their stock music on the rides, they should be able to implement that as an option for right when the ride is about to leave the station or stop in the station. Sort of like another mixmaster show. There's a whole procedure that happens when the coaster opens. People enter and wait behind the gates. The announcement starts, gates open, guests get on, gates close, lap bars close, ride slowly starts, announcement ends.
I think it should be fairly easy if they can do all the things back in what...2005? We should be able to play an announcement for the ride even if it's a generic "please remain seated BLah BLah blah" I just think adding this would give the game one more simple feature for diehard coaster fans who want to hear an announcement like the real thing. It's 2015 c'mon ��

I agree, though I would like to see it be more advanced so I don't have to do so much editing of tracks and line up. I think you were suggesting this too, but we should be able to assign specific tracks to all those different parts of the ride. The queue, the loading message, the ride itself, ect.

Guy_With_A_Stick
12-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Here's a few:

-Falling floors for Inverts/Flying coasters
-Airgates
-Control Booths
-An optional "Grouper"
-A single rider, "fast pass", standard, and other "Special" queue lines
-Peeps pulling down their own restraints when they're sitting
-Loose article bins
-DRIVE TIRES
-Some sort of entrance without a ticket booth required(for more Franchise parks like Disney or Six Flags)
-Have a test mode. I liked being able to ride rides without a Peep's hat or face blocking the view.
-Pretty much everything else that's already been said

lohansony
01-17-2015, 01:13 PM
I agree, though I would like to see it be more advanced so I don't have to do so much editing of tracks and line up. I think you were suggesting this too, but we should be able to assign specific tracks to all those different parts of the ride. The queue, the loading message, the ride itself, ect.

Here's a few:

-Falling floors for Inverts/Flying coasters
-Airgates
-Control Booths
-An optional "Grouper"
-A single rider, "fast pass", standard, and other "Special" queue lines
-Peeps pulling down their own restraints when they're sitting
-Loose article bins
-DRIVE TIRES
-Some sort of entrance without a ticket booth required(for more Franchise parks like Disney or Six Flags)
-Have a test mode. I liked being able to ride rides without a Peep's hat or face blocking the view.
-Pretty much everything else that's already been said

I totally agree. Thank you for posting!

RandomMrBrick
01-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Nothing special much, but there is already a test mode which has been in all of the games :)

Candyghost
01-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Only station I always missed is the round stations for log flume most of park do have in Europe.

Stephen7859
01-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I love the smiler at alton towers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFbBMlzHyU

These are some great ideas guys!

TrevorD
01-27-2015, 01:50 AM
Station gates are a mandatory feature that has been asked for since the first game.

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 02:25 PM
We want to strike a balance between what fans want, what makes a fun game, and also what is technical possible. That said we are improving the ride entrances and exits for this game considerable vs the original games. Not only do you have a variety to choose from but peeps now actually do animate as they walk from your queue line to the - instead of just teleporting to the proper position. The rides have many more animations, details, greater resolution, and effects than ever before. We are making sure to push our engine hard to create beautiful scenes and rides for players to enjoy.

EmSay
01-28-2015, 05:59 PM
The rides have many more animations, details, greater resolution, and effects than ever before. We are making sure to push our engine hard to create beautiful scenes and rides for players to enjoy.

This is a wonderful idea. I will Enjoy discover that. =)

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Actually playing the game right now trying to take some screenshots as the sun is setting in the game - creates some beautiful shots - just like in real life!

ExtraCheese
01-28-2015, 06:14 PM
actually playing the game right now trying to take some screenshots as the sun is setting in the game - creates some beautiful shots - just like in real life!

omg i want to see :d

Mattlab
01-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Just so hard to decide what to take a shot of! Too many things to choose from.

ncutt010
01-28-2015, 08:00 PM
Back to being excited about this game!

A pic of a giga coaster or floorless coaster would be awesome. I hope the stations allow peeps to line up per row for the coaster like they do in real life!

dwwilkin
01-28-2015, 08:39 PM

That's such a tease...

0BobTheJanitor
01-28-2015, 10:29 PM
I'm really starting to look forward to this game now. The next devlog sounds promising.

Thompso
01-28-2015, 11:03 PM
Take a shot of of everything rides, peeps, mascots, scenery, stalls, bathrooms, ballons,rain, sun, night,.....

ExtraCheese
01-29-2015, 04:28 AM
I would definitely want to see pics of coasters and scenery.

CreamyBeef
01-29-2015, 11:45 AM

when will see a new post? Also, will there be B&M style track?

ncutt010
01-29-2015, 12:00 PM
when will see a new post? Also, will there be B&M style track?

Read some of the other threads...he mentions a new post for this week

Thompso
01-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Mattlab said he was actually playing the game yesterday and was deciding which screen shots to take. hopefully he will include those in his blog this week. It's easy to take a screen shot...

simply hit C+P or printscreen on your keyboard. I know they are busy but that takes 7secs max. :D