PDA

View Full Version : RCTW General Update and New Community Manager Welcome!

Pages : [1] 2

Mattlab
02-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Dear Fans, Friends,

We would like to provide an update since our last post. We are deep into the optimization of the game and have a few tasks left before we can announce the release date. Our next blog will talk about optimization and those tasks we have left. We do not want you to believe that the attached screenshots (and upcoming in-game videos as well as other assets) are a distraction of the important issue, i.e. the release date; we do not want this to be a misperception. The only priorities currently on our agenda are delivering a high quality game and the few things left in order to get you a firm release date. We greatly appreciate your patience and continued support. Those of you at PAX South got to see RCTW in a good state, and we look forward to sharing it with everyone else very soon too!

Our community is important to us and we enjoy hearing from everyone so keep the comments coming! To make sure we can engage with our community on a consistent basis we are bringing a new community manager to the team. Without further ado, I would like to introduce “Nookriot (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/member.php?12720-Nookriot)” to you all! He is our new Community Manager here at Atari and is dedicated on RCT and the whole community around it. Nookriot is here for you. To talk to about RCT, to answer your questions, and most importantly, to listen. He will be active on all of our social media channels so feel free to reach out! Please welcome Nookriot to our community!

We are looking forward to the road ahead and of course the launch. Stay tuned for details in the very near future.

These are all in-game shots from a beautiful park made by one of our talented QA testers! He named the park - Adrenaline Meadows.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-6.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-6.jpg)

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-4.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-4.jpg)

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-3.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-3.jpg)

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-2.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-2.jpg)

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-1.jpg

Note: Please note that the lower number of peeps in the park is a direct result of current optimization work going on with the game. We have to decrease the number while we optimize various systems before increasing it back to its max potential - allowing the entire park to be full of them!

coolman916
02-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Looking Great cant wait to play!

Duckzorly
02-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Thank you Matt...

Hopefully the above shots (which do look great) will appease some of those in our community....

Although is there anymore news on the 2nd Beta weekend??? As opposed to release dates?

The Stig
02-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Are you feeling it now, Mr. Krabs?

maxfreak
02-18-2016, 11:40 PM

Oh I'm feeling it!

Future RCT
02-18-2016, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the update Mattlab. :) Those screenshots look very nice, much better than the first beta. And welcome Nookriot, I look forward to interacting with you.

coolman916
02-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Thank you Matt...

Hopefully the above shots (which do look great) will appease some of those in our community....

Although is there anymore news on the 2nd Beta weekend??? As opposed to release dates?

I feel if the game is fully done then I dont think we will need a second beta.

darkhorizon
02-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Awesome to hear that we will have a dedicated community manager! This will do wonders for the community, I think.

And yay! Curved queues! I really like the little picnic area as well.

cupofjoe
02-18-2016, 11:43 PM
After just glancing at these shots I can already tell that the game looks fantastic. The park pictured feels so real as the water, curved paths, realism of all the elements, and abundant foliage/decorations look outstanding. Clearly good things come to those who wait. Looking forward to more!

Casiquire
02-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Fantastic update, this is what we like to see! Keep it coming, please, things were getting dark in here!

Mattlab
02-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Thanks all! We wanted to share these here first with the community as this update is all about that. These will make their way to social soon to share with the larger RCT community.

cupofjoe
02-18-2016, 11:48 PM
OMG zoom in on the coaster!! Its soo awesome!

To me it looks like the individual cars have a lot of space in between them. I'm no coaster expert but it seems as though they could be a bit closer. On another note, look at that trippy loop! I'd love to ride that.

ichuwawwa
02-18-2016, 11:48 PM
Thank you For providing this Matt, I'm looking forward to hear from Nookriot, lets see how interactive he truly will be ;). Judging from these pictures (besides the big Bright Pink missing texture shown in the first pic) I can see some definite improvements to the game, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Casiquire
02-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Alright, now to nitpick:
The coaster car looks so good. The blue coaster itself looks great too--the loop isn't wonky, the Immelman is nice and smooth. Also are the ribs on the track thinner or is it just the fact that we're zoomed so far out? Either way, yes all around!

The only thing I'm not sure about are the trees. I feel like they felt better in the beta than here when zoomed way in. Is that because of the adjusted saturation? Maybe the saturation went a couple steps too far. Anyway overall I'm really loving this, thanks again!

Airboss
Thanks all! We wanted to share these here first with the community as this update is all about that. These will make their way to social soon to share with the larger RCT community.
Thanks soo much for this! Everyone wants the release dates, but I am personally fine with just this!

Lettuce
The game looks amazing! The delay was really worth it and the game is looking great. One thing that bothers me is the lack of peeps but that can always be fixed. As some people are saying, skipping the second beta may be a good idea. It would probably be worth while to release the game soon and with the updates we can see just from the screen shot, it looks almost ready!

Airboss
02-18-2016, 11:50 PM
The game looks amazing! The delay was really worth it and the game is looking great. One thing that bothers me is the lack of peeps but that can always be fixed. As some people are saying, skipping the second beta may be a good idea. It would probably be worth while to release the game soon and with the updates we can see just from the screen shot, it looks almost ready!
Read the part below the pics about the peep thing

ddrplaya4638
02-18-2016, 11:51 PM
Awesome shots! Thanks for the update Matt! Nice to meet you our new community guy.

Lettuce
02-18-2016, 11:51 PM
Read the part below the pics about the peep thing
I just saw that part and was about to edit my post. Thanks for showing me!

Mattlab
02-18-2016, 11:52 PM
Thank you For providing this Matt, I'm looking forward to hear from Nookriot, lets see how interactive he truly will be ;). Judging from these pictures (besides the big Bright Pink missing texture shown in the first pic) I can see some definite improvements to the game, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Ah! Good catch - swapped it with another :)

jdavies
02-19-2016, 12:03 AM
yay! Curved queues! look's so much better i was hoping we will have curved queues the little picnic area look's grate to very awesome And welcome Nookriot!

inspectorgadget
02-19-2016, 12:04 AM
Be interesting to see an actual in-game video instead of screenshots

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 12:06 AM
I also like the "selected" peep in the third picture...wish I knew what options you get when you do that.

ncutt010
02-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Wow, this actually looks really good! Curved queues..and look at those picnic tables!..colors look great and I love the detail of the peeps.

I'm glad you guys are taking the time to get it right...no rush from me... :)

ncutt010
02-19-2016, 12:29 AM
Ah, the only thing is that in the 2nd screenshot the peeps look too small for the bench :)

Mattlab
02-19-2016, 12:31 AM
Ah, the only thing is that in the 2nd screenshot the peeps look too small for the bench :)

Looking at that shot it's just a simple fov camera thing - the way the shot was taken. Will try and get some peeps sitting on those benches to show you.

Also in general our game has adults, teenagers and children. The kids are in fact relatively smaller then everyone else - just like real life.

ncutt010
02-19-2016, 12:39 AM
Looking at that shot it's just a simple fov camera thing - the way the shot was taken. Will try and get some peeps sitting on those benches to show you.

Also in general our game has adults, teenagers and children. The kids are in fact relatively smaller then everyone else - just like real life.

Ah, gotcha...thanks for the info!...the 4th screenshot shows adults next to benches...looks good!

nrukbs13
02-19-2016, 12:46 AM
Matt lab I still see nothing new. All the rides are still the same colors any chance you can comfirm we can't recolor them? The parks are dead and empty looking you blame optimisation but all I hear Is large amount of peeps = low fps.

Also your still only showing off what most games show at a first look. Is the game really any where near finished? Don't you think it's about time you were upfront and honest about a few things? I'll shocked if you reply. As you only seem to reply to "omg that looks great posts" and not real questions

maxfreak
02-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Matt lab I still see nothing new. All the rides are still the same colors any chance you can comfirm we can't recolor them? The parks are dead and empty looking you blame optimisation but all I hear Is large amount of peeps = low fps.

Also your still only showing off what most games show at a first look. Is the game really any where near finished? Don't you think it's about time you were upfront and honest about a few things? I'll shocked if you reply. As you only seem to reply to "omg that looks great posts" and not real questions

In regards to peeps, it may very well be a optimization issue. The engine just received a huge rehaul from what we can see. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also I'm not sure what else you're expecting to see? I see a lot of new things such as a plaza, a shot with multiple coasters and rides in one area, and graphics that seem to have improved even more. They even gave us multiple shots in one post, which hasn't happened before. This is definitely a sign that things are speeding up on their end. I know people are eager to see more, but a few things at a time. Considering how people rip new things they show to shreds, I'm not surprised that they seem to be holding back until they feel things are perfect.

doubleshot
02-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Maxfreak, you literally took the words out of my mouth! Anyways...

Agree on the optimization thing, but as long as we see shots full of peeps down the road I'm fine. I mean its either there at some point or its not - simple. Let the team focus on getting the optimization right. Clearly they spent enough time creating amazing building tools - because look what someone was able to make!

THESE SHOTS ARE SICK! Lots of new stuff I am seeing. Good catch on the peep selection - that will be interesting... is drowning peeps back?

Also I see, subtly, that not all the ride signs are perfectly at the end of the queue. Does that mean you can place them anywhere along the queue? That would be cool.

Nice to see that the helter skelter is back. Classic RCT ride.

Picnic area is a nice new addition, I don't think we have seen that before. Will finally let me build some food courts.

Reflections on the water in the third shot and first one I see as well.

Two different sized paths in the second shot.

What I really want to know is what is that log cabin in the last shot? Definitely have not seen that before.

All in all, this is a very good start - I want more hahaha! Welcome the forums nook!

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 02:01 AM
OK one last random thought. The tone of the post is an improvement too in my opinion. It feels real, it's not all self-congratulatory, it tells us where they are in the game with the intention of giving us more detail about that. I approve.

I think I'm done now.

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Ohn yeah !! Signs with coaster / ride names !!

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 02:04 AM
Ohn yeah !! Signs with coaster / ride names !!

Good call, though I'd like the text to conform to the curve of the sign.

Big_Boy
02-19-2016, 02:06 AM
Verry nice pictures ! looks damn nice :D

@ Mattlab, will SLI be supported ?

Now it is confirmed there Testing the game internaly as you can see they did a verry good job on it :D.

AUS_Twisted
02-19-2016, 03:00 AM

Considering the trains are all pointing upwards and not connected to each other not really, that's a big flaw right there.

Deuce
02-19-2016, 04:52 AM
I really do like the developing visual style. It's also great to see that finally they're releasing screens of a park built by someone that actually understands what they're building!

But I don't get how they're at the 'final' optimisation and polishing stage when something as basic as scaling is still not fixed.

Also no mention of beta 2, sounds like that won't happen. Doesn't bother me personally but for those it does, seems a bit unfair.

Blademaster
02-19-2016, 04:57 AM
it would be nice to see some videos instead of screenshots.

always the same, you can't hype ups with some screesnhots again and gain.

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 05:03 AM
I really do like the developing visual style. It's also great to see that finally they're releasing screens of a park built by someone that actually understands what they're building!

But I don't get how they're at the 'final' optimisation and polishing stage when something as basic as scaling is still not fixed.

Also no mention of beta 2, sounds like that won't happen. Doesn't bother me personally but for those it does, seems a bit unfair.

Where is scaling not fixed? Mattlab mentioned that the girl near the bench was a child which is why she looks so much smaller. In the other pictures you see peeps near benches looking perfectly appropriately sized. Is there something else I missed?

SEA DOG
02-19-2016, 05:18 AM
thank you matt for the update looks epic. I hope your feeling better after your battle with the flu. and I want to welcome nook to this forum that tends to go into riot mode smh.

Deuce
02-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Where is scaling not fixed? Mattlab mentioned that the girl near the bench was a child which is why she looks so much smaller. In the other pictures you see peeps near benches looking perfectly appropriately sized. Is there something else I missed?

There's loads of stuff scaled badly. The coaster car is the most obvious one I guess.

I would also say the peeps still move weirdly, which isn't really something fixed with a final layer of polishing and optimisation.

Not being negative, firvthecdaie of it. I see lots of good stuff too!

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 05:44 AM
There's loads of stuff scaled badly. The coaster car is the most obvious one I guess.

I would also say the peeps still move weirdly, which isn't really something fixed with a final layer of polishing and optimisation.

Not being negative, firvthecdaie of it. I see lots of good stuff too!

Hmm. I don't see it. I see kids in the front, any three rows back I see adults whose heads are near the top of the head rest, just like they should be. And i know you're not, that's why I'm so interested in your thoughts!

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Nice Mountain in the background!

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 06:16 AM
Missing some bird poo on the roof! :D
Joke..

JoëlNL
02-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the update Mattlab! It is appreciated! Also thanks for the screenshots! They are looking very nice and vibrant.

Welcome Nookriot! I wish you good luck and a lot of fun as the new Community Manager! I hope to see you on the forums. :D

Cortex
02-19-2016, 06:29 AM
The images looks very good! Perfect detail and renderings, pleased to see that :D . It's almost finished, i can feel! I was expecting a beta but when they will plan a fast release i'm fine with it ofcourse. Keep going guys, i think more people get more and more excited.

Wabigbear
02-19-2016, 06:37 AM
Very nice screens. Yes, I think there might be an occasional scaling issue with some of the queue fencing, but overall I think it's been improved. I'm not a fan of the giant stall toppers (I understand their purpose and they are a throwback to the earlier games...) or the blank box of the restaurant, and yes, the coaster train is wwonky but everything else looks really good.

Farrahryan7
02-19-2016, 06:44 AM
Hi guys. Thanks for the new update these look amazing. The picture it's so clear when you zoom in you can see bolts of the old oil rig and on other things. Okay it may be a screen shot however the guys have upped there game but showing in game shots and of the plenty. Welcome also nookriot.

jerseygrrll
02-19-2016, 06:49 AM
Looking great! Welcome, nookriot! We're a passionate community here, so be prepared!

Big_Boy
02-19-2016, 06:53 AM
Beta 2 will come when they know there ready whit all the things they wanted to get finnished. Games looks good ... screenshot or video quality stays the same offcourse.

DoctorPelusa
02-19-2016, 06:55 AM
TL,DR: We had some problems with optimization and are working on it atm, we also know that our communication sucks, that's why we are bringing a new community mannager to the team.

Nice to hear some honest communication on here.
Also, why do most peeps look like they're exhausted?

FusionDeck
02-19-2016, 07:02 AM
It looks beautiful!

michael_leahy
02-19-2016, 07:10 AM
rollercoaster tycoon world confire release date from ATARI :confused::cool::cool::confused::confused:

JoëlNL
02-19-2016, 07:16 AM
rollercoaster tycoon world confire release date from ATARI

Be patient, Atari will only announce the release date as soon as they are ready to do so.

I know patience can run out and some already have run out. It won't change Atari's mind however. I'm interested to know the release date too. :)

LaurenceColes
02-19-2016, 07:19 AM
WOW!!!!! HOLY BALLS!!!!

Very excited to see this update and how much progress has been made! The game looks fantastic! Well done guys, keep up the good work! The coaster looks so much better!!! I'm excited to see the coaster station improvements (track height wise).

Now a few points as feedback....

- Will peeps have shadows? They look like they float in the screenshots without them, especially the second image.
- Still notice a round footer in third image, I guess this in down to the footer placement physics not quite being finished?

Looking fantastic though! :cool:

RCTFan
02-19-2016, 07:31 AM
great look!!

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 07:32 AM
In the 4th picture there is a grey building (over the t shirt shop) and in the 5th picture there is a wooden house. There are no signs. Any idea what this is? First thought was that the grey thing is something for the employees but I guess it would have a sign aswell.. Thoughts?

JoëlNL
02-19-2016, 07:45 AM
In the 4th picture there is a grey building (over the t shirt shop) and in the 5th picture there is a wooden house. There are no signs. Any idea what this is? First thought was that the grey thing is something for the employees but I guess it would have a sign aswell.. Thoughts?

No idea about the grey building. I do think an employee building would be in the same style as the medic building (and toilets + info kiosk + park entrance building).

Maybe the wooden building is like a scenery building to go with the wooden coaster behind it. It's slightly visible on the others screens too.

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 07:54 AM
My impression about everything:

Nookriot is great news.

+ I like the look all in all. Nice screenshots! Nice details
+ Mountains in the background. Very nice!
+ Rock texture
+ Did you notice the highway and the tunnel in the backbground? Love that!

~ Peeps are still in work. 50% look like they want to throw up in a minute.. Not ready so no further comment to that.

- The flying scooter in the second picture (No idea what you call that) seem not to swing. We had that topic.
- I really hope there comes some flexibility to the coaster stations. Pleeease!
- I guess the queue line is not ready for the "One railing for two parallel lines. I liked the curved queue lines, too but it should be possible to have some clean zick zack snake queues!

what else
? Hope the shadows will look a little sharper and there will be variations of day light - like bright, sunny day with clear shadows and less sunny days with less clear shadow aswell as clouds. Sun & Light effects are very important. As you see the mountains in the background there have to be some real shadow effects!

Kat4547
02-19-2016, 07:58 AM
SO excited!!! I just can't wait! It's really shaping up and looking better every time I see it! :cool:

PSPfreaky
02-19-2016, 08:09 AM
++ Extended coaster station (screenshot 4)
+ Colorful

- Attraction entrance sign (text)

It looks better than before!

alexalexalex
02-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Looks better, but i still need to be convinced.

What is wrong with the coaster train?
Why is the people going through the seats, and not sitting on top of them ?
Some supports are square now (looks great) but some still is round and looks really bad.

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 08:19 AM
Why is this guy at pic 3 so enlightened ?? Did anyone tell him the release date o.O

And welcome to Nookriot !!

Jakah
02-19-2016, 08:25 AM
The grey building above the T-shirt stall looks like a security office to me.

Parks looks more full but still not convinced with the graphic style of the peeps.

Have to say the colour depth is so much richer than before and makes the parks look better for it.

As previously stated I do hope there is more variety of stations we keep seeing the same couple each time.

It is good to see the game is still alive and kicking, it doesn't cost much to keep customers informed and engaged. A screen shot here and there will keep us discussing the game for days. ;)

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 08:30 AM
The pictures look very pretty and I think they have fixed the dull lightning seen it the BETA, I'm a little concerned that all the parks are going to look the same, I'm aware UGC is coming in the future but I think that without that in game building tool the parks, as said will all the and feel similar. I just still can't get my head around the idea we have set coaster stations and things like that, it blows my mind. With talks of a release date, if that means we don't get a 2nd beta, what will you be doing to compensate people who have pre ordered with the promise of that?

So yeah, it's getting better but I still feel lack of freedom. Every time I look at a screenshot I think 'City Zoo'. Some of you will moan at me for being negative and that's fine, you can but I think it's still gone backwards from RCT3 but has improved visuals.

MrBob101
02-19-2016, 08:35 AM
I couldn't stop laughing XD! JMR, do you have an analysis?

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Top 'O The Morning To Everyone!

I am super thankful for all the warm welcomes! It was refreshing to see the outreach from the community, you guy DO really like me!!

Anywho, I am excited to be here and am just as anxious as you all to share in the RCTW experience! The screenshots that Mattlab showed are just the beginning. There are plans in the works for quite a number of community experiences. So, ensure that your safety belts are securely fastened and get ready for the WILD ride that is coming soon!

FYI - I will be doing a more detail "About Me" entry on the welcome thread so definitely stop by to check it out!

inspectorgadget
02-19-2016, 08:51 AM
The pictures look very pretty and I think they have fixed the dull lightning seen it the BETA, I'm a little concerned that all the parks are going to look the same, I'm aware UGC is coming in the future but I think that without that in game building tool the parks, as said will all the and feel similar. I just still can't get my head around the idea we have set coaster stations and things like that, it blows my mind. With talks of a release date, if that means we don't get a 2nd beta, what will you be doing to compensate people who have pre ordered with the promise of that?

So yeah, it's getting better but I still feel lack of freedom. Every time I look at a screenshot I think 'City Zoo'. Some of you will moan at me for being negative and that's fine, you can but I think it's still gone backwards from RCT3 but has improved visuals.

I'm with you Sawyer, compared to the Area 52 trailer the screenshots look amazing. However generally speaking to me a big concern is the lack of in-game footage and the number of major flaws in the screenshots they are posting which have been hand-picked to show off the game.

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 08:53 AM
Some of you will moan at me for being negative and that's fine, you can but I think it's still gone backwards from RCT3 but has improved visuals.

I don´t think you´re negative. But I remember how I played rct3. I used what was given. I didn´t build buildings with the existing tool, but only one or two times. I used theming with the decoration, played with the landscape transformation and textures.
I know there are some people who built unbelievable creative stuff! Wow! But I was okay with that.
I guess in the future I´ll use UGC. Looking forward. And if they give us some more tools, I´ll be glad to test it when it comes. But it is okay with me if individual coloring comes two month later. until then I´ll enjoy what I have.

What I reeeeeeeeeealy miss is the tunnel thing. I want tunnels. I love tunnels! Give me tunnels! ;)
I really hope they will manage waterfalls soon. If they keep on working and bringing the neccesary features in an apropriate time, I´m fine with that.

Talking about water rides
tunnels
freedom in color changes
maybe flowing rivers and waterfalls
more flat rides
for free and maybe every 2 month one of this features added

ddrplaya4638
02-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Top 'O The Morning To Everyone!

I am super thankful for all the warm welcomes! It was refreshing to see the outreach from the community, you guy DO really like me!!

Anywho, I am excited to be here and am just as anxious as you all to share in the RCTW experience! The screenshots that Mattlab showed are just the beginning. There are plans in the works for quite a number of community experiences. So, ensure that your safety belts are securely fastened and get ready for the WILD ride that is coming soon!

FYI - I will be doing a more detail "About Me" entry on the welcome thread so definitely stop by to check it out!

Sounds so exciting, can't wait to see more!

S1m0nde
02-19-2016, 08:57 AM
So, ensure that your safety belts are securely fastened and get ready for the WILD ride that is coming soon!

Yihaaaaaa! http://cdn.pcwallart.com/images/country-cowboys-wallpaper-4.jpg

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 09:13 AM
I just can't grasp the idea that we are going to all be creating different looking parks. I want this game to be good and fun, seriously I do, I wouldn't be here otherwise would I? I think that before the Christmas delay, and I'm not saying I'm right, I think they were set to release it as it was pretty much in the beta state. I think that was wrong and I think they were trying to get in on Christmas sales. I do think that. I'm not going to lie and pretend otherwise. However, with this delay and things I think they are taking things more seriously and do genuinely want to make a great game, however, when you take away things like, building coaster stations, tunnels, things like that. You lose such a core feature in the past games we loved so much. The little things matter so much I can't even express it enough. I don't understand how these are over looked!? All the coasters are based off B+M track also right? Apart from the Wooden coaster, that is two variants of track. There are 16 coaster types in RCT1, 16! and they range from more than B+M and wood. It blows my mind!

Again, I'm not trying to be nasty but so many of you are like 'OMG, IT'S GREAT' and that is absolutely fine but I'm trying to think of the bigger picture here. Without that creativity the game will be done and dusted so quickly.

Blademaster
02-19-2016, 09:22 AM
I just can't grasp the idea that we are going to all be creating different looking parks. I want this game to be good and fun, seriously I do, I wouldn't be here otherwise would I? I think that before the Christmas delay, and I'm not saying I'm right, I think they were set to release it as it was pretty much in the beta state. I think that was wrong and I think they were trying to get in on Christmas sales.
There is nothing right with this, sorry. You really dont know what a beta is, and this game doesnt had the state "beta" in december.. never.
Maybe you can call it beta for now, but there is still no ingame video footage you can see all things, a beta is the final state before the games come out, and a beta is for bug fixing.

Im really sure this game will come out with very less content, i wanna see management, and so on and not the screenshots all over again.

Im sure they get closer to it.. but there is still nothing to be amazed for me.
http://s27.postimg.org/mvgpprsub/RCTWZT2_P.png

Look at this guys. what is amazing about this?

SymphonyX4
02-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the update MattLab and a big welcome to Nookriot!

The game, visually, is looking even better than I would have imagined. The coasters are looking really nice (except for that awkward Immelmann as the rotation needs to be completed near the top of the loop), the scenery looks very nice as well, especially the water. Peeps still look a bit funky, but hopefully that can get fleshed out. Pun intended.

My biggest concerns are still the management/simulation/financial aspects of the game. I don't care how visually appealing a game looks, if the basic underlying aspects of the game are bad, I am not going to be playing it. I hope we can get some more information on these aspects soon.

And finally, I was also wondering about the 2nd beta which was promised with the pre-orders. It seems a bit bad taste to go back on that promise now. Hopefully, you will still provide us with some sort of early access weekend or something to make good on that promise.

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 09:29 AM
http://s16.postimg.org/6jorfug3p/Date.png

Either me and you are the same person or things are about to get really strange. That is the exact image I created in paint ealier.

Blademaster
02-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Either me and you are the same person or things are about to get really strange. That is the exact image I created in paint around 30 minutes ago.

no worry, you posted it on the other forum mate. :D

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 09:34 AM
no worry, you posted it on the other forum mate. :D

LMAO, you proper freaked me out mate!

widlan
02-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Welcome Nookriot! It's a good idea to have dedicated social media manager. A little bit late, but still a good idea.

The game seems very beautiful, but still no game footage video, no information about management and just some peeps because the optimization is not finish... It looks good, but still a lot of time seems needed to have a full polish result. We'll see.

JoëlNL
02-19-2016, 09:48 AM
There is nothing right with this, sorry. You really dont know what a beta is, and this game doesnt had the state "beta" in december.. never.
Maybe you can call it beta for now, but there is still no ingame video footage you can see all things, a beta is the final state before the games come out, and a beta is for bug fixing.

I'm pretty sure Sawyer knows what a beta it.

The thing is: RCTW had a "beta" in October 2015 (you are right: not December). "Beta" as in labeled "Beta" by Atari. So that makes it a beta, because it was labeled as such.

To me, that "Beta" looked like a "Pre-Alpha". I know what a beta should have to be a beta. But "officially", it was a beta. That's a fact. That's why most people refer to it as such.

But hey, the beta is way back now, and today the game is looking a lot better. That's more important. :)

Edit: looking forward to those exciting community experiences of RCTW! :D
Safety belts are now securely fastened. Check!

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Sawyer knows what a beta is.

I do!

I'm just throwing what I think out there, not trying to be mean, far from it. I want this game to be successful! There are things I like! The queues look great and I enjoy the vibrant colours and it seems the coaster editor looks much better now, see I can be positive!

You know what, I think if this was the only game of this type to come out this year, yeah the hype would be higher and I would be more excited, but with the competition this game now has, you can't help but compare! FIFA/ PES, COD/ Battlefield, Forza/ GT etc.

biotron2000
02-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Maxfreak, now I get why you locked the thread on the other forum. ;) Is this park the one you built in in the unlocked beta, imported into the current build, or did you have to start from scratch? And congratulations on being made a beta tester (if I'm reading into things correctly, that is!)

supermc
02-19-2016, 10:07 AM
Whoever created that coaster needs a round of applause! Looks great, hopefully that immelmann can be created piece by piece, and that support on it looks great. Also like the fact that the wooden coaster can have recolorable supports.

Also, interesting as to why the guy in the bottom middle of the third picture has a white border around him?

Wobbly
02-19-2016, 10:12 AM
First can I say, how absolutely stunning those images are. The sky blue coaster with the yellow supports is very much in tune with the style of colours coasters are made these days. It's beautiful.

The water with the foliage is touching the shore is really nicely done. The trees with actual fruits, berries and flowers is very welcomed too.

1 thing I'd point out, whether It's something that can be sorted before release, I'm not sure. But it's the way the path types intersect. They kinda jump from one style to another, I was wondering if some sort of gradient could be applied to smooth other the transitions.

A new community manage is welcomed, I'm not exactly sure how it will fix the community in It's current state, unless for obvious reasons, It's to help with the distribution of information from the Dev's/Atari, to the fan-base in a more frequent manner. If It's more of band aid to be burden the poor chap with half of the problems, with generic Atari responses, then I'm afraid it won't help much.

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:17 AM
First can I say, how absolutely stunning those images are. The sky blue coaster with the yellow supports is very much in tune with the style of colours coasters are made these days. It's beautiful.

The water with the foliage is touching the shore is really nicely done. The trees with actual fruits, berries and flowers is very welcomed too.

1 thing I'd point out, whether It's something that can be sorted before release, I'm not sure. But it's the way the path types intersect. They kinda jump from one style to another, I was wondering if some sort of gradient could be applied to smooth other the transitions.

A new community manage is welcomed, I'm not exactly sure how it will fix the community in It's current state, unless for obvious reasons, It's to help with the distribution of information from the Dev's/Atari, to the fan-base in a more frequent manner. If It's more of band aid to be burden the poor chap with half of the problems, with generic Atari responses, then I'm afraid it won't help much.

It is not, by any means a band-aid, I am here to provide regular updates (without generic template responses of course!). :D:D:D:D

DoctorPelusa
02-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Good Points:

+ Path system seems like has improved a lot, especially by adding drains between junctions.
+ Coaster supports, look definitely better, and i hope that heartline roll was easy to build.
+ The game looks beautiful, at a first sight
+ Plazas look great (however i fear they're prebuilt)
+ ¿Round queues?
+ Pseudo queue-switchbacks (photo 4)

Bad Points:

- No flat ride color seen yet
- Non movable ride entrances
- Texture quality inconsistent (compare wooden coaster, or station roof textures with hedges textures)
- Lack of remarkable scenery objects (lakes, lakes and more lakes as the main decoration)
- They gray building with blue awning looks ridiculously small when compared to surroundings in the case it's meant to be a restaurant.
- People looks exhausted even though there're plenty of banks

degeens
02-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Welcome Nookriot! I must admit those screenshots look great !

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Good Points:

+ Path system seems like has improved a lot, especially by adding drains between junctions.
+ Coaster supports, look definitely better, and i hope that heartline roll was easy to build.
+ The game looks beautiful, at a first sight
+ Plazas look great (however i fear they're prebuilt)
+ ¿Round queues?
+ Pseudo queue-switchbacks (photo 4)

Bad Points:

- No flat ride color seen yet
- Non movable ride entrances
- Texture quality inconsistent (compare wooden coaster, or station roof textures with hedges textures)
- Lack of remarkable scenery objects (lakes, lakes and more lakes as the main decoration)
- They gray building with blue awning looks ridiculously small when compared to surroundings in the case it's meant to be a restaurant.
- People looks exhausted even though there're plenty of banks

All GREAT feedback! Keep those coming!

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Welcome Nookriot! I must admit those screenshots look great !

Thanks for the warm welcome degeens!

Farrahryan7
02-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome degeens!

Nookriot. Just out of interest have you been playing on the closed beta testing that is happening at the moment?

Alpha32
02-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Wow, an update.

It's a miracle.

coaster_tog
02-19-2016, 10:42 AM
It is not, by any means a band-aid, I am here to provide regular updates (without generic template responses of course!). :D:D:D:D

Great

When is Beta weekend 2?

When is the release date?

I look foward to a none band aid , generic reply

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Nookriot. Just out of interest have you been playing on the closed beta testing that is happening at the moment?

As a member of the development team, it is my job to play the game every day (I am also super fan so there is that as well :cool::cool:).

Chaosgod_Espér
02-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Hi there..
i'm not writing much.. just watching the forums for months now and reading through Comments and Updates..

But, with this one, i need to ask something that seems to be ignored, since previous Posters asked that too.

So, we were promised a 2nd Beta. But instead of that, People on PAX were able to take a look at that Game for free..
I don't need to say that it's a shame to pass over the People who payed extra money for that?

In that Update, i only read about Relase Date..

So, what are the plans for us Pre-Orderers?

Beside that, good Job! The Game looks like a 180 degree Turn in optics ;)

And a heartly welcome Nookriot *cheers*

geoffersh
02-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Still no Wow factor about these screen shots, I have seen better with RCT3. screen shots. The peeps lack character, they look more like zombies walking around on their own, some hunched and where are the family groups? I just haven't seen anything yet that has convinced me that the game has improved much. I would like to see some video footage, to get any idea of movement with the peeps and rides, before I buy it.
I'm sorry if I still sound negative about this game, but I still see no massive improvement.

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Great

When is Beta weekend 2?

When is the release date?

I look foward to a none band aid , generic reply

Incoming "Non Generic Reply" in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Beta Weekend 2 is still in discussion at the moment. There is always a TON of great feedback that we get from opening the Beta to the community so STAY TUNED.

The Release Date is . . . S O O N!!!

Wobbly
02-19-2016, 10:51 AM

Good. I think It's safe to say that we're way up to our eye-lids in marketing talk over the whole dev process. Something refreshing and personable is really needed. Good luck :)

Farrahryan7
02-19-2016, 10:52 AM
As a member of the development team, it is my job to play the game every day (I am also super fan so there is that as well :cool::cool:).

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell the community the kind of things you are doing during the closed beta testing please? Also you and Matt now when being asked when the release date is have said very soon. Does this mean that it's still on track for a q1 release?

Wobbly
02-19-2016, 10:54 AM

Beta Weekend 2 is still in discussion at the moment. There is always a TON of great feedback that we get from opening the Beta to the community so STAY TUNED.

Oh don't to the TrademarkSoonTM thing, ever again ;). Had all that with Riot Games, that happened for years and is now a meme. At least make a new one up :rolleyes:

alexalexalex
02-19-2016, 10:57 AM

So no comments on why the train looks like that ? All cars are leaning back for those who still can't see it....

And supports are still round some places.

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Oh don't to the TrademarkSoonTM thing, ever again ;). Had all that with Riot Games, that happened for years and is now a meme. At least make a new one up :rolleyes:

Gonna be hard to top that but I will try!! :rolleyes:

Deuce
02-19-2016, 10:59 AM

So no comments on why the train looks like that ? All cars are leaning back for those who still can't see it....

This thread is too new right now. The people that actually see what they're being shown generally take over after approx 24 hours of excitement.

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 11:00 AM

And supports are still round some places.

Already noticed that but i thought that would have been adressed already !!

GoYoshi
02-19-2016, 11:02 AM
I love the new screenshots and thanks for caring about the community! :)
In the shots I noticed some weird graphical issues when zooming in:

http://abload.de/img/1pqq6w.jpghttp://abload.de/img/2odrn9.jpghttp://abload.de/img/3pqovk.jpg

Especially the trees look "pixelated" here and there. I'm pretty sure this will be fixed but im curious to know why this is the case :confused:

Wobbly
02-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Gonna be hard to top that but I will try!! :rolleyes:

Got it, Patience©

coaster_tog
02-19-2016, 11:33 AM
With respect , Soon is ALL we have heard

MAttlab said "The game looks AMAZING, the level of detail is CRAZY , I cant show you yet but SOON"....Next comes the area 52 games game play reveal trailer

Soon was what the last 4 community manager told us they would post by

Never happened

Its nothing personal (Ive no idea who you are) but SOON, Don't cut it anymore, Sorry but its too generic

maxfreak
02-19-2016, 11:45 AM
I love the new screenshots and thanks for caring about the community! :)
In the shots I noticed some weird graphical issues when zooming in:

Especially the trees look "pixelated" here and there. I'm pretty sure this will be fixed but im curious to know why this is the case :confused:

Hmm I see you're indeed correct, I'm pretty sure they plan on taking care of this. I know they mentioned they're optimizing the game at the moment, so I'm sure it will be addressed with a higher LOD for high end systems. :)

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 11:51 AM
With respect , Soon is ALL we have heard

MAttlab said "The game looks AMAZING, the level of detail is CRAZY , I cant show you yet but SOON"....Next comes the area 52 games game play reveal trailer

Soon was what the last 4 community manager told us they would post by

Never happened

Its nothing personal (Ive no idea who you are) but SOON, Don't cut it anymore, Sorry but its too generic

Understood and not taken personally ;);)

In regards to "Soon", how about:

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...
In two shakes of a lamb's tail...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Haha, you really got humor Nookriot ^^

Deuce
02-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...

Atari training completed.

The skill of saying something with many words, whilst saying nothing at all is strong in this one.

Over a year ago the game was already late and we were told 'soon'! Surely if as Mattlab says the game is in it's final phase, you can set a release date and stick to it?? Or are you all new to making games and not really sure how long these things take? I just don't get it!!??

maxfreak
02-19-2016, 12:02 PM

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...

HAH! I'll accept those substitutes!

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 12:04 PM
)

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...

We've been waiting 705 days! No wonder the forums has up roared haha!

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 12:05 PM
)

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...

We've been waiting 705 days! No wonder the forums have up roared haha!

coaster_tog
02-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Thanks for that but I am educated in English well enough

How about we get a proper answer to the question as opposed to a generic reply of "SOON" like you promised you wouldnt do

Thanks

Shortly...
In a bit...
In a while...
Before long...
In a little while...

MrBob101
02-19-2016, 12:22 PM
How about soon it will come my friends, soon........

boxman
02-19-2016, 12:30 PM
WOW!!!!! HOLY BALLS!!!!

Very excited to see this update and how much progress has been made! The game looks fantastic! Well done guys, keep up the good work! The coaster looks so much better!!! I'm excited to see the coaster station improvements (track height wise).

Now a few points as feedback....

- Will peeps have shadows? They look like they float in the screenshots without them, especially the second image.
- Still notice a round footer in third image, I guess this in down to the footer placement physics not quite being finished?

Looking fantastic though! :cool:
The shadows are there they are just very low quality. Kinda odd since earlier screenshots had better shadows.

boxman
02-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Looks better, but i still need to be convinced.

What is wrong with the coaster train?
Why is the people going through the seats, and not sitting on top of them ?
Some supports are square now (looks great) but some still is round and looks really bad.
I think the issue here is more the pose the peeps have when sitting down. If the legs were moved up a bit they would not clip through the seat like that.

1wolffan
02-19-2016, 12:35 PM
The pictures look nice.
Glad to meet you Nookriot. I'm glad to see a little bit of the load taken off Matt; he's probably stressed enough. Be prepared to be devoured alive by the internets for the slightest mis-speak or 'tpyo'. Don't mind them, it is their way. Try not to get to discouraged by all the negative feedback that seems to crop up all the time. Anywho, welcome. :D

I however have a statement/question. The main reason I pre-ordered was to get a crack at the Beta 2. As I had resolved to wait a couple weeks after release to consider the game when I first heard about it a year or so ago. I'm hoping there will still be a Beta weekend 2; but if their isn't, will there be any alt incentive, like an mp3 sound track, or something? As long as the final product is good enough, it may not be necessary, but just a thought, you know, just in case.

boxman
02-19-2016, 12:40 PM

Im really sure this game will come out with very less content, i wanna see management, and so on and not the screenshots all over again.

Im sure they get closer to it.. but there is still nothing to be amazed for me.
http://s27.postimg.org/mvgpprsub/RCTWZT2_P.png

Look at this guys. what is amazing about this?
I am so far not impressed either as there is really not much new here.. I want to see shots of the problem areas instead like scaling issues and coaster platform to see if those have been fixed. What we can see however is that there is still no added animations to the twister ride.
But when it comes to this peeps I think it is hard to judge since those shots were taken from a distance which could mean that the low details are a LOD issue that will not be a issue if you zoom in more.

MR.sugar
02-19-2016, 01:17 PM
This is one of the best updates, finally more than one screenshot. Hope you put together your PR now. Looks quite nice, but how about the wooden coaster? I haven´t seen much of it, but It feels weird to me for some reason... Maybe I am missing the railings or something?

Happy
02-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Fantastic news!

korebreach08
02-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks for that but I am educated in English well enough

How about we get a proper answer to the question as opposed to a generic reply of "SOON" like you promised you wouldnt do

Thanks

You do realize that there are things that can't be answered, right? No matter who the community manager is, badgering him/her into giving out information that isn't decided yet or isn't for public release yet won't help. Yeah, knowing that there isn't a release of the release date yet sucks, but that's just the way it is. I'm sure there are a ton of things that can't be talked about openly yet, and you've hit on one of them. Sure, we've all had to exercise extreme patience, lived in an information vacuum, and all that. Nookriot (and Mattlab before him) undoubtedly have some restraints on what they can say...understandably so.

At least Nookriot is posting much more frequently, so far, and comes across with a sense of humor. Two things that will help a lot with the past feeling that the community was abandoned by Atari. We've seen progression to the point where full parks are being shown, unlike where we were before. Atari has a lot riding on RCTW. They've made great sins against the community with a lack of engagement. That's being fixed. Let's give Nookriot credit where it's due and not shoot the poor guy (who deals with all of us) right when he gets out the gate.

boxman
02-19-2016, 02:22 PM
This is one of the best updates, finally more than one screenshot. Hope you put together your PR now. Looks quite nice, but how about the wooden coaster? I haven´t seen much of it, but It feels weird to me for some reason... Maybe I am missing the railings or something?
The railing looks defintely like it is still a problem. They are way to small making the coaster looks unrealistic.

Zerael
02-19-2016, 02:47 PM
omg apples and flowers are bigger than peeps heads.
http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/uploads/emoticons/dontcry.gif

CFSB815
02-19-2016, 02:51 PM
omg apples and flowers are bigger than peeps heads.

Probably because the flowers and the apples are closer to the viewer than peeps heads.

supermc
02-19-2016, 03:00 PM
I could replicate the Katy freeway on those queue paths.

haifishtime
02-19-2016, 03:07 PM
So nice to see that I wasn't wrong and I trusted in you and knew that the game IS and WILL be great!
And hey nookriot! Good Job so far! Keep it up!

Chriskiller
02-19-2016, 03:18 PM

Nice to meet you Nookriot!

Soon is not sooner enough!

Stream
02-19-2016, 03:30 PM
The colors look nice, but is no one going to mention how messed up those coaster cars are on the track in picture #3? The cars that's on top of the hill are in a completely weird angle...

Edit: Plus that type of coaster don't have inversions normally. It's a B&M Hyper...

DMB1985
02-19-2016, 03:31 PM
At the risk of being labelled as negative, I still don't see anything to get excited about. The screenshots though look really nice for the most part, I won't deny that, but they still don't really tell us anything new. Nothing significant anyway.

Anyway, at least it's a substantial improvement on what has come before and does show that Nvizzio have been putting in a lot of effort in making the game look aesthetically pleasing at least. And it's good to have a community manager. Hopefully this will finally be the start of some better communication with these forums.

landmers
02-19-2016, 03:38 PM
The screenshots do look nice, despite some players zooming in and being disappointed it's not 4K or whatever. I will still hold off judgement until I can get my hands on it, but the screen shots look promising.

See, Atari? That's really all you have to do to keep most fans' comments on the positive: Share some info on a regular basis. It's PR 101.

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 03:42 PM
I love all the people saying they don't see anything new. There's a courtyard, clearer images of guests, a log cabin, apparent improvements to the fence building system, round queue paths... plus the screenshots aren't even meant to be any kind of big reveal anyway.

DMB1985
02-19-2016, 04:01 PM
I love all the people saying they don't see anything new. There's a courtyard, clearer images of guests, a log cabin, apparent improvements to the fence building system, round queue paths... plus the screenshots aren't even meant to be any kind of big reveal anyway.

I wouldn't call any of that particularly notable. It's nice but it's hardly game changing. And just because these aren't part of a big reveal doesn't mean that they couldn't have been used to at least tease something and get people speculating.

brandino
02-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the update Mattlab, I'm sensing you read my second PM. Keep up the good work. :)

demomode_br
02-19-2016, 04:15 PM
You guys should add an option for us to choose and add pre-made/custom supports at any section.

As you can see in the pic under, some parts of the blue coaster are floating, specially the part at plaza with benches and picnic tables.

Not to mention the unconnected coaster cars.

The game looks amazing!!!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-3.jpg

Marvin
02-19-2016, 04:37 PM
These look nice but there a few noticeable issues in the screenshots. Looks like it's confirmed that we won't be able to change the color of the flat rides. Still need to hear about other parts of the game like money and management system...

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't call any of that particularly notable. It's nice but it's hardly game changing. And just because these aren't part of a big reveal doesn't mean that they couldn't have been used to at least tease something and get people speculating.

But it does open it up for speculation. The courtyard implies that park guests will want to sit down to eat. That actually says a bit about the AI, how we'll have to design our parks, where we might need to add more janitors, etc.

Curved queues and improved fences were requested and have now been added. That says something about their continued attention to our requests and comments.

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Hey Everyone! Here is another screenshot for your viewing enjoyment! This particular shot is center and above the Midway of the park. A lovely spot for Peeps to grab a souvenir and a snack!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-7.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-7.jpg)

Deuce
02-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Hey Everyone! Here is another screenshot for you viewing enjoyment! This particular shot is center and above the Midway of the park. A lovely spot for Peeps to grab a souvenir and a snack!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-7.jpg (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-7.jpg)

How come they're not carrying food and sitting down to eat it? Will that come with final optimisation and polishing?

snowyday
02-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Wow looks awesome especially the candy floss shop :p:):D

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks Nookriot !! The water that comes out of the cup needs a glass shader with normal map though ^^

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 05:01 PM
How come they're not carrying food and sitting down to eat it? Will that come with final optimisation and polishing?

One of them actually does !! Search for it, youll find it for sure ^^

Chriskiller
02-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Hey Everyone! Here is another screenshot for you viewing enjoyment! This particular shot is center and above the Midway of the park. A lovely spot for Peeps to grab a souvenir and a snack!

Nice but a video overview for the park would be nice too.

Kombiice
02-19-2016, 05:03 PM
Look at all those nurses !!

korebreach08
02-19-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm curious who the folks are with matching white outfits. There appears to be some sort of logo on the back of the men's shirts.

edit: Ah yes. you can see the medical logo on the building. Probably the medical staff with nothing to do right now.

Wobbly
02-19-2016, 05:24 PM

Yeah a video would be pretty awesome.

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 05:35 PM

Definitely agree.

Sawyer
02-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Video! *Chant* Video! *Chant* Video! *Chant* Video! *Chant* Video! *Chant*

Big_Boy
02-19-2016, 07:22 PM
the lady under the big banner in my eyes she is doing more then only waiting for a ride, i think she is giving birth to a baby lol that legs are way to spread :p

The Inspector
02-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Credit where credit's due, Atari, this is some tactical play! Look at what you have managed to get us all so incredibly excited over! 5 whole screenshots showing nothing noteworthy, and employing a community manager to give a super exciting illusion that Atari actually care.

huss134
02-19-2016, 07:44 PM
This is looking amazing!! I seriously can't wait to play!!

huss134
02-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Exactly!!!
Yeah a video would be pretty awesome.

huss134
02-19-2016, 08:03 PM
I know right!
So nice to see that I wasn't wrong and I trusted in you and knew that the game IS and WILL be great!
And hey nookriot! Good Job so far! Keep it up!

warcat61
02-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Haha, you really got humor Nookriot ^^

He is going to need one. Some on here just like to gripe about everything.Not saying you can't put things out, but some on here would complain if they would be able to him sneeze. They say he did it the wrong way!

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 08:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Nookriot, your sense of humor will be tried. Your spirits will be tested. Your faith in humanity, the world, and most importantly theme parks will be shaken and possibly stirred too. I hope you have what it takes.

dafyddmann
02-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Will there still be a second beta? or will we skip straight to release now?

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Will there still be a second beta? or will we skip straight to release now?

According to the original post it's still being discussed.

DonSPa
02-19-2016, 08:54 PM
well everyones happy again until next friday if theres no updates we will see a few posts on refunds and posts that atari must have gave up lolol but really welcome nookriot ,looking forward to having u contribute.
I like the looks so far,im liking that the colors are not real bright and also i see the 1 t shirt shpo with an icon,i wonder if the icons can be changed or what

dafyddmann
02-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh and thanks for the update, and welcome Nookriot (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/member.php?12720-Nookriot) :) feeling a lot better after this post

Nookriot
02-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Evening Everyone!

Friendly Neighborhood Community Manager dropping by!

Seriously though, awesome outreach from the community! Warm welcomes all around, I cannot thank you enough! In addition to that, there is some truly great feedback being shared here! Know that there is more to come and I ask you all to stay tuned and keep those comments flowing!!

PSPfreaky
02-19-2016, 09:17 PM
I don't know if this one was posted but I saw this picture... :( Look at the wheels.

http://s2.postimg.org/w0itmreo9/Wheel.png

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't know if this one was posted but I saw this picture... :( Look at the wheels.

That train is getting more complaints than just about the wheels. People are complaining about how the whole entire train seems to be leaning back, and how the peeps' legs are going through the seats, and how the front piece isn't connected to the rest of the train. The good news is that the only part of all of these pictures that anybody really seemed to find anything to complain about. These complaints are fairly small in my opinion. I do hope they're addressed but I'm not terribly worried.

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 09:28 PM
You know, I'm glad you zoomed in on those wheels because I think most of the problems would be fixed if the individual cars were rotated forward a bit. The wheels, the legs, the lying-back look, all of that would be fixed.

boxman
02-19-2016, 09:42 PM

It is sadly not just the wheels, it is entire coaster.. It is not aligned to the tracks properly at all :(

boxman
02-19-2016, 09:44 PM
You know, I'm glad you zoomed in on those wheels because I think most of the problems would be fixed if the individual cars were rotated forward a bit. The wheels, the legs, the lying-back look, all of that would be fixed.
I think it is alot more serious than that. If the track was flat it would properly align just fine, so doubt this is a easy fix and it probably is a issue with other coasters as well.

Edit: Yep.. I confirmed it is like I thought. The screenshot they deleted due to one flat ride with missing textures shows the exact same coaster on a more flat part of the track and there is no alignment issues there. So the problem is really that the coaster does not follow the track as it should.

boxman
02-19-2016, 09:50 PM
And seems like Mattlab is aware as now he deleted all but one photo?? :O
The game sure seems ready to be released soon indeed.....
Edit: It was on my end

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 09:53 PM
And seems like Mattlab is aware as now he deleted all but one photo?? :O
The game sure seems ready to be released soon indeed.....

What do you mean? I still see all the photos.

boxman
02-19-2016, 09:56 PM
What do you mean? I still see all the photos.
Hmm... Might be something odd going on at my end now. Only saw Meadows4 one and not even refreshing did anything..
Now that I opened the link again I now get two but one of them only partly loads in firefox yet they all load fine in chrome.
Edit: restarted firefox and now all loads fine.. Stupid firefox and their memory leaks :P

Casiquire
02-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Odd! Anyway I don't think it's nearly that serious since it didn't seem to be like that in the beta. I'll let them do their thing. They've listened so far.

boxman
02-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Odd! Anyway I don't think it's nearly that serious since it didn't seem to be like that in the beta. I'll let them do their thing. They've listened so far.
It makes me wonder though if it is just something we have missed or if this is a new bug. I have to take a close look at beta 1 screenshots now :P

Marvin
02-19-2016, 10:20 PM
I think it is alot more serious than that. If the track was flat it would properly align just fine, so doubt this is a easy fix and it probably is a issue with other coasters as well.

Edit: Yep.. I confirmed it is like I thought. The screenshot they deleted due to one flat ride with missing textures shows the exact same coaster on a more flat part of the track and there is no alignment issues there. So the problem is really that the coaster does not follow the track as it should.

Do you have a link to that other screenshot?

maxfreak
02-19-2016, 10:27 PM

I completely agree with this. I have faith that they will address these concerns. At this point I'm pretty sure they heard everyone loud and clear. ;p

boxman
02-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Do you have a link to that other screenshot?
Doubt I would be allowed to post it here since mattlab deleted it, but I will send a link to you now in a PM.

thexevv
02-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Looks great! I can't wait to play!
Welcome Nookriot!

nimish
02-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Welcome Nookriot!

The pics look imaging and show a tremendous progress to the past!

I notice some lack in sharpness, some blurriness on the elements...is it because of the images or the in-game content is so this way?
Also i feel many including me would like to know more about the management part now...What's new at the 'Tycoon' level?

Great Progress Though :)

Casiquire
02-20-2016, 01:16 AM
I wonder if the blurriness is due to movement. The peeps, trees, rides etc are all moving.

Prody67
02-20-2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks Matt,
These screenshots look awesome and these Flat rides look very realistic!
Also love the benches. Great work team.

Hanazakari86
02-20-2016, 02:00 AM
On which photo???

Hanazakari86
02-20-2016, 02:02 AM

On which photo?

Indominus
02-20-2016, 03:55 AM
I feel if the game is fully done then I dont think we will need a second beta.

People payed for it so they should get it.

coaster_tog
02-20-2016, 05:24 AM
Nook

You didnt answer my question

All you said was "SOON" Mattlab only ever says soon

So here is another question, what is the point in putting in appointing someone else, who cant say anything more than Mattlab can ?

and whats the point in a community manager if the game will launch SOON?

Smacks of another HUGE Delay TBH

But im guessing we'll get told you'll answer us/us "SOON"

Evening Everyone!

Friendly Neighborhood Community Manager dropping by!

Seriously though, awesome outreach from the community! Warm welcomes all around, I cannot thank you enough! In addition to that, there is some truly great feedback being shared here! Know that there is more to come and I ask you all to stay tuned and keep those comments flowing!!

Hanazakari86
02-20-2016, 05:31 AM
too this time,,for how long are you going to be absent ??? :confused:

alexalexalex
02-20-2016, 05:54 AM

On facebook they have edited out the part of the image where the train is, and yet here no one from Atari comes forward about the issue.

How long will Nookriot and Mattlab avoid this ? When you show the community something so bad, you need to explain it and not try to cover it up afterwards.

You could just say something like "All the bolts fell out out the trains joints just as we were taking the picture, and there was no time to do another shot" ...or whatever other good reason there is. This is the time to break free from the "head-in-the-sand" approach that you have been taking during the past.

nimish
02-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Great observation but the same can be noticed in solid elements like the shops, signages and benches etc...

DMB1985
02-20-2016, 06:11 AM
But it does open it up for speculation. The courtyard implies that park guests will want to sit down to eat. That actually says a bit about the AI, how we'll have to design our parks, where we might need to add more janitors, etc.

Curved queues and improved fences were requested and have now been added. That says something about their continued attention to our requests and comments.

So we can speculate that guests might act in the same way they did in the original game and that we might have to use handymen in the same manner? That should be a pretty basic part of the AI and isn't really worth discussing.

DMB1985
02-20-2016, 06:19 AM
On facebook they have edited out the part of the image where the train is, and yet here no one from Atari comes forward about the issue.

How long will Nookriot and Mattlab avoid this ? When you show the community something so bad, you need to explain it and not try to cover it up afterwards.

You could just say something like "All the bolts fell out out the trains joints just as we were taking the picture, and there was no time to do another shot" ...or whatever other good reason there is. This is the time to break free from the "head-in-the-sand" approach that you have been taking during the past.

Lol, that's bad. And some wonder why some of us can't get excited about this game.

geoffersh
02-20-2016, 06:31 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about, nothing has changed as far as I can see, all those pictures have just been titivated up a bit that's all. Still the same boring old stalls with a T shirt stuck on top, how exciting is that! Sorry, I'm not convinced that this game will ever be right.

The Inspector
02-20-2016, 06:37 AM

I fear that the hope that they have changed is wishful thinking. Atari appear to have managed to get a lot of people on their side with this recent post because they are selling them hope, and hope is something the community are desperate for at the moment. All we need to do is look at the algorithm Nookriot has used for replying so far, and we see that he is Mattlab with a sense of humour. Is that sense of humour going to get us what we want? Honesty? Transparency? It'd be insane to think it would.

DoctorPelusa
02-20-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't know what all the fuss is about, nothing has changed as far as I can see, all those pictures have just been titivated up a bit that's all. Still the same boring old stalls with a T shirt stuck on top, how exciting is that! Sorry, I'm not convinced that this game will ever be right.

I wonder if the stalls created by Area52 were lost in the change of developer, they're obviously not what we are wanting, but the current stalls seem pretty boring being always the same, and still not realistic due to the giant objects on the roof, how much time does it take to import them if they were already created?

dafyddmann
02-20-2016, 10:05 AM
I really hope you can introduce a multi currency feature i loved how in the original games you could change it to euros, dollars, yen, etc. but it would be cool if the game could poll the internet and actually get a conversion rate so when the currency changes the difference in price would be realistic. e.g. 1 dollar is 19 mexican pesos but if you tried to put the attraction to a price of '19' the guests would find this super expensive so an adaptable system would be really cool. :) $$ ££ €€ ¥¥

Wabigbear
02-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Nook

You didnt answer my question

All you said was "SOON" Mattlab only ever says soon

So here is another question, what is the point in putting in appointing someone else, who cant say anything more than Mattlab can ?

and whats the point in a community manager if the game will launch SOON?

Smacks of another HUGE Delay TBH

But im guessing we'll get told you'll answer us/us "SOON"

Okay, I'm not any sort of "Atari fanboi" and have taken them to task for many things, but I have to ask...exactly what is it that you want them to say???

If they finished large part of the game but still have things to tweak and optimization to do yet, well, then they know that they are nearing the point when they'll know that release will be happening. They can't control exactly how long the tweaking will take. They don't control how long the optimization will take. All they know is that they seem to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel (even if we don't have tunnels...LOL) and the only answer they can really give is "soon". That does NOT equal there being another HUGE delay...that's YOU saying that based on NOTHING.

You seem to be mad because they won't give you an exact date when you demand one. Well, maybe they don't have one yet?

You do realize the only other possible answer would be silence and they just not say anything, right?

That hasn't worked out very well so far has it?

Should they just whip up some date out of thin air if they don't actually have one yet just to satisfy you? Seriously dude,

PSPfreaky
02-20-2016, 10:09 AM

And this one

http://s10.postimg.org/ueo0j8kvt/RCTWCON.png

rct123world
02-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Still no mention of another beta, but the game looks great!

Mattlab
02-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Hi all,

Quite simply the issue with the coaster car is a bug that we need to fix. Thanks for the feedback! Its on our list and until we fix it and can retake the shot we simply aren't posting it elsewhere. It also why we continue to post here first when possible - for feedback. Luckily, per our investigation, its also a relatively easy fix related to the code regarding moving on tracks rather than art for the coasters. Nothing more to be said really. Looking forward to showing it off once fixed!

Cheers,

doubleshot
02-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Checking in here... looks like some new shots! They look good! Yes, the bug explanation makes sense - unfortunate but it makes sense. I would rather you guys post more shots here than hide and wait for everythng to be perfect. This is what we wanted - to help and clearly you guys are becoming more open now so thank you!

I'm frankly excited to see more!

Marvin
02-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Great observation but the same can be noticed in solid elements like the shops, signages and benches etc...

In the midway picture, the staff door opens up to the grass. No path connected to it. So the staff have to walk through the grass to get inside the building.

Palaber1984
02-20-2016, 01:18 PM
I Don't know if anyone recognize it. But is that a giant tree in the 4. Picture?? Looks nice. But why is that path around the tree not aligned! I mean why not setting a big giant tree and make a good looking path around instead of edgy pathes and then putting bushes to trick that visualization??

Big_Boy
02-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Well, any idea how long the testing wil take internaly ?

joris416
02-20-2016, 02:05 PM
It feels like such a relieve to finally get a sign of life again from the dev team!
As everyone does and the community manager promotes, let me provide some feedback as well:

+ Wonderfully vibrant colors and the coaster track looks smoother than ever, absolutely amazing.
+ Curved paths and lines make this park feel very real.
+ Trees and decorations look good and convincing, better than before at least.

BUT:

- Still those massive clunky coaster stations. If that remains the only option, that would be a huge setback. For instance, what if I want to re-build this (http://foto.vijfzintuigen.nl/photos/82/97582_real.jpg), a racer coaster with the stations in one building made out of custom scenery. I did this in RCT2, but wouldn't be able to in RCTW..
- Those peeps look worse that the sims (2), but I just assume that that is a work in progress...
- I still can't see a lot of terraforming and/or scenery such as buildings, tunnels, rides with indoor parts or even rides that are built with and around scenery, which I think should be in the game at release.
- The Flatrides look the same as always. Not a lot of variation in there. I tend to agree with sawyer on this, it may make a lot of parks look and feel the same...
- I love the Picnic area, which looks like a square, but the other screenshots indicate that squares still cannot be made. How about the fourth screenshot: Both the First Aid unit and the massive tree are surrounded by plants to cover up the grass. Why would it be impossible to build the first aid kit actually ON a square. Around the massive tree the same thing can be detected: The path around it follows the curves of the outside. On the inside, whoever made this was apparently not able to add an overlapping path that would make it look like a nice circle... This would be a big shame in the final release...
- as a mac user, I would also love to know whether I will get a beta and when :)

Palaber1984
02-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Are you guys all blind? Curved queue lines? They are just still edgy because they were piece by piece. Curved looks different in my mind!

The Stig
02-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Are you guys all blind? Curved queue lines? They are just still edgy because they were piece by piece. Curved looks different in my mind!

The queues may be piece by piece, but that just means they're more controllable.

doublefioul
02-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Just one question:

I believe that the answer have already been post, but...
Will UGC be available at launch?

Nookriot
02-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Happy Saturday!

Just wanted to pop in and share another screenshot with you all. This one is an "early night view" of the midway. Great place for some evening snacks and drinks! Have a great weekend!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-Night-3.jpg

The Stig
02-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Ooooo. Night time looks pretty!

Kombiice
02-20-2016, 04:01 PM
there are lights now, cool

maxfreak
02-20-2016, 04:02 PM
The lighting engine looks fantastic! Nice soft glow that gives the area a nice effect.

RCTFan
02-20-2016, 04:04 PM
thanks! happy weekend!

dafyddmann
02-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Will we get a known bug list,and a help file for keyboard shortcuts and controls the next beta? i have to admit in the last beta this stuff wasn't covered very well.

Casiquire
02-20-2016, 04:19 PM
I love the new night picture, but why have the shadows been so compromised? Earlier pictures and the beta had pretty great shadows.

Big_Boy
02-20-2016, 04:35 PM
first time we acualy see night time i guess :).

Casiquire
02-20-2016, 04:40 PM
So we can speculate that guests might act in the same way they did in the original game and that we might have to use handymen in the same manner? That should be a pretty basic part of the AI and isn't really worth discussing.

RCT1 guests never ate at tables in groups.

ddrplaya4638
02-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Nighttime looks great :)

Sawyer
02-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Loving that night time shot! :cool:

Wabigbear
02-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Night scene looks really nice!

If I'd have to point anything out it's that the stalls look terribly out of scale with the peeps. Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking what I see, but the scaling issues that keep repeatedly popping up are really worrying...

Silvarret
02-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Lovely glow and lighting!

Casiquire
02-20-2016, 05:53 PM

If I'd have to point anything out it's that the stalls look terribly out of scale with the peeps. Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking what I see, but the scaling issues that keep repeatedly popping up are really worrying...

I was trying to figure that out too. They don't look like they'd be able to reach the counters at the stalls.

doublefioul
02-20-2016, 06:11 PM
I was trying to figure that out too. They don't look like they'd be able to reach the counters at the stalls.

Clearly.

Looks like the game is far from finish...

coasterking
02-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Looking nice. I'm looking forward to release date. :cool: It's going to be a great Rollercoaster year for me.

doublefioul
02-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Clearly.

Looks like the game is far from finish...

Or, may be this is easily fixable, but...

boxman
02-20-2016, 06:39 PM
Or, may be this is easily fixable, but...
If only it was limited to the one occasional asset then that might be the case. But the scaling issues varies wildly and I doubt with most assets it is not as simple as just scaling down the entire model as there is probably other issues to deal with like collision boxes and so on.
And with flat rides it is even more tricky since you have peeps that has to pathfind and that will have to be redone as well most likely.

Harbinger73
02-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Happy Saturday!

Just wanted to pop in and share another screenshot with you all. This one is an "early night view" of the midway. Great place for some evening snacks and drinks! Have a great weekend!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Adrenaline-Meadows-Night-3.jpg

Will you be providing step ladders so people can reach the counter?

darkhorizon
02-20-2016, 08:32 PM
The lighting looks quite good! I love the ambience.

That's the first thing I noticed. Look how gigantic the door is on the stall on the right! I'm not convinced that this is a case of "perspective view distorts the scale" either!

JoëlNL
02-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Night looks cool, and the lights have a nice touch to it!

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Lettuce
02-20-2016, 09:09 PM
It almost looks as if the scaling of all the objects isn't the problem, but maybe it's the peeps. If you look closely, the peeps look tiny compared to the benches, tables, trash cans, fences, and to some of the rides and buildings as well. If they make the peeps bigger, they may have to alter the scaling of the shops as well. The counters are way to high! Also, in the screen shots with the peeps on the coaster, the restraints aren't tight enough around the peeps. There is a lot of space between them and the restraint and they would fall out in real life. I think making the peeps bigger will fix the majority of the problems in the screen shots. Other than the peep size, the game is looking amazing and ready to be released soon!

snowyday
02-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Wow Night time looks awesome can't wait to play the second beta :D

warcat61
02-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Everyone keeps harping on the size of the peeps. It was said the peeps are still being worked on. This has been said many times over and over again. You seriously should give it a rest, let them work on them and THEN if they are out of scale, say something/complain/etc. I don't recall any post that says they are definitely the peeps that will be in the finished game.

RCTW1
02-21-2016, 12:50 AM
Everyone keeps harping on the size of the peeps. It was said the peeps are still being worked on. This has been said many times over and over again. You seriously should give it a rest, let them work on them and THEN if they are out of scale, say something/complain/etc. I don't recall any post that says they are definitely the peeps that will be in the finished game.

So true. It's really tiresome.

Marvin
02-21-2016, 01:04 AM

"Working" on the peeps could mean anything. They might be giving them better animations or making them move faster. We have no clue. It's better for people to point out an issue that's been noticeable for months rather than let it continuously slide by.

People give constructive feedback and you're upset. lol

boxman
02-21-2016, 01:06 AM
You are missing one huge issue here and that is that the scaling issues varies relative to the peeps. Some coaster like the one in recent screenshot does not have that much scaling issues at all yet other rides, buildings and other assets have these issues to varying degree.
This means that it is not as simple as just making the peeps bigger and in fact they would have to rescale/redo many of the models and that is a HUGE task.

Not only do they have to rescale many of the models, but since these are complex game assets with collision boxes, animations and so on this is not a easy task at all. What would happen if they shrunk for example a flat ride down to match the peeps? That would break things to the point where peeps will not even find their way to where the seat is, as that has to be redone as well. Most likely what would happen without redoing the whole thing would be that they would sit where that seat used to be, which now would be in empty air.

And this is why some of us are really bothered by these issues since we know that there is no way they can fix this issues in time for a "early 2016" release. These issues should have been caught even before they started making these models.

michael_leahy
02-21-2016, 02:53 AM
RCW Flat Rides Customise colors Not Used RCW That's what I heard :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Jakah
02-21-2016, 02:59 AM
Not only do they have to rescale many of the models, but since these are complex game assets with collision boxes, animations and so on this is not a easy task at all. What would happen if they shrunk for example a flat ride down to match the peeps? That would break things to the point where peeps will not even find their way to where the seat is, as that has to be redone as well. Most likely what would happen without redoing the whole thing would be that they would sit where that seat used to be, which now would be in empty air.

I suspect this is the reason they have been so quiet recently, they are struggling to get the peps to react as they want. They appear to have concentrated so much on the issues surrounding the coaster designer that they haven't focused on how the peps interact with the park as a whole. I don't recall any video or screen shot that demonstrate movement as you would expect.

Even in the beta peps seemed to have some very odd reactions. I accept it was pointed out that they were largely shadowed out because they wanted to concentrate on other aspects, but that is probably the point. Thinking back there was a very good reason they were left out of previous demonstrations. As highlighted, to change the scaling of any object will make the peps movement a big headache. It is worrying after so long they are still wrestling with how their movement works in the park and in my opinion is a big issue to fix at this stage.

In some ways I kind of hope they have just left this late. If they have been struggling with their behaviour from the beginning it doesn't bode well for a fixing the issues anytime soon.

I do hope they can get this right as it has a massive affect on the look and feel of the game. It probably doesn't change the mechanics of the games economy but it does spoil target of a realistic believable park. A park needs peps that move and behave in a predictable manner, we saw what happened to the first game demo in the early part of last year with bad animations. 0_0

djshotty
02-21-2016, 03:50 AM
To those involved with the development of RCTW, please understand that these forums are full of threads where the good and bad of the recent RCTW Beta has been discussed. We end-users hope that you take into consideration the constructive criticism, whilst ignoring the naysayers who offer nothing else but rhetoric...

DMB1985
02-21-2016, 05:25 AM
Night time does look really good, although I feel it further highlights that the shadows need some work as they are so faint in places. And as has been brought up a lot, scaling really is a big issue as there seems to be little consistency between park objects and the size of peeps. That's quite worrying really.

Wabigbear
02-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Everything in the damn game is still being 'worked on'! :confused:

But by that logic no one should be able to say ANYTHING about ANYTHING - good or bad - because stuff might still 'not be finished'. Pretty much every comment here about scale and the peeps was constructive. I find the near constant whining of a few if anyone dares to mention anything negative tiresome as well. Give THAT a rest please.

Like bashing the game for no reason, singing it's praises while turning a blind eye to anything wrong isn't constructive either. If people would bother to actually read entire posts I think they'd see that for the most part even when people mentioned scaling or peeps they also were making compliments for the many, MANY good things seen in the screenshots as well.

geoffersh
02-21-2016, 08:49 AM
How long has this game been in development, well over twelve months and we are still getting everything out of scale, coasters that are not joined. This game supposed to be being released in a month from now and it is way off being finished. Does anyone working on the dev team, really know what they are doing with this game. Every time we get a new screen shot, something seems to be wrong. What about some movement video, we haven't seen anything since the last Beta. I am beginning to think that this game is so full of bugs, it will take another twelve months to put right. I am sorry, but it's not good enough and it certainly isn't anywhere near triple A standard.

Airboss
02-21-2016, 09:58 AM
How long has this game been in development, well over twelve months and we are still getting everything out of scale, coasters that are not joined. This game supposed to be being released in a month from now and it is way off being finished. Does anyone working on the dev team, really know what they are doing with this game. Every time we get a new screen shot, something seems to be wrong. What about some movement video, we haven't seen anything since the last Beta. I am beginning to think that this game is so full of bugs, it will take another twelve months to put right. I am sorry, but it's not good enough and it certainly isn't anywhere near triple A standard.
When Nvizzio joined, they had to start fresh. So it has not been in development for a year.

Scott97
02-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Everything in the damn game is still being 'worked on'! :confused:

But by that logic no one should be able to say ANYTHING about ANYTHING - good or bad - because stuff might still 'not be finished'. Pretty much every comment here about scale and the peeps was constructive. I find the near constant whining of a few if anyone dares to mention anything negative tiresome as well. Give THAT a rest please.

Like bashing the game for no reason, singing it's praises while turning a blind eye to anything wrong isn't constructive either. If people would bother to actually read entire posts I think they'd see that for the most part even when people mentioned scaling or peeps they also were making compliments for the many, MANY good things seen in the screenshots as well.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism, if we hadn't given it before then we'd probably still have that trash from last year! It's frustrating to see both extremes, and complaints at genuine constructive criticism

geoffersh
02-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I had high hopes with this game, but every time an update appears, it doesn't seem to have improved. It's allright seeing pretty coloured screen shots, but that's all we seem to be seeing and when you really look close, you see faults of some kind or another. I just can't see what excites some of the people in some of the comments, because there is nothing really to get excited about. We seem to be no nearer completion than we were six months ago. I really am disappointed with the progress. All these faults with the peeps should have been dealt with by now and proper sizing of objects, I mean, look at the size of that blue door on the side of the stall, it is way over size, compared to the peeps. Everything seems to be out of proportion with each other. Is this the result you want when the game launches. The dev team really needs to get their act together and start doing some serious work with this game, from a visual perspective at least.

Stream
02-21-2016, 11:00 AM
When Nvizzio joined, they had to start fresh. So it has not been in development for a year.

From Dev Blog #6, published on May 13th 2015:

"I know it has been some time since my last blog post yet we wanted to be far enough along with new developments before providing updates; now is the perfect time to share. Thanks for your patience.

As many of you know, this past fall the game moved from Pipeworks to a new developer – Area 52 Games. We brought them in to focus on core engine development. In order to accomplish many of the great things we have planned for the game, we needed this work first so that development could later continue on not only the engine, but also on gameplay, content, and graphics. Following this effort, RollerCoaster Tycoon World is now in its next phase of development and on its way to release.

A new team is now in charge, and has been for quite some time. You have not yet seen any of the work delivered by this new team since the trailer was prepared using one of the last builds done by Area 52 Games. "

According to Matt they didn't start fresh, and in May of 2015 they had been working on the game for "quite some time" - we're almost in March now, so I would assume it's been about a year since Nvizzio took over production.

geoffersh
02-21-2016, 12:48 PM
According to Matt they didn't start fresh, and in May of 2015 they had been working on the game for "quite some time" - we're almost in March now, so I would assume it's been about a year since Nvizzio took over production.

Yes well almost 12 months. There is still a long way to go with this game, going of the recent screen shots, so are we in for another delay to maybe June/July. This will give them time to do a second beta and still have time to put things right from any more bugs that may be noted. It's way from being finished yet, so why doesn't Atari come clean and be honest. Better another delay, than just rush it out uncompleted, just for the sake of meeting the deadline. I want to see a full decent working game, before I buy it, not something that still needs lots of patches to get it running ok.

I am sure people would wait a bit longer if we are guaranteed that the game will be good at the final release.

DMB1985
02-21-2016, 01:53 PM
I wonder if Atari are a bit worried about the game being forgotten about if it's delayed again. If PC comes out and is as good as we hope it will be then there is the risk that RCTW will be forgotten about. I'd also have to wonder if Atari can afford to delay the game from a financial point of view.

Stream
02-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Yes well almost 12 months. There is still a long way to go with this game, going of the recent screen shots, so are we in for another delay to maybe June/July. This will give them time to do a second beta and still have time to put things right from any more bugs that may be noted. It's way from being finished yet, so why doesn't Atari come clean and be honest. Better another delay, than just rush it out uncompleted, just for the sake of meeting the deadline. I want to see a full decent working game, before I buy it, not something that still needs lots of patches to get it running ok.

I am sure people would wait a bit longer if we are guaranteed that the game will be good at the final release.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. If Nvizzio did in fact take over what Area 52 did, and have been on the project for about a year, this game should be a LOT further along. However, I don't believe that they used anything that Area 52 did, I think Matt wrote that in order to try to save face after the response to the disastrous trailer. It's just more corporate talk from the person who's basically a pro at it at this point. He even got people to be excited about screen shots where coasters are behaving like physics doesn't exist, peeps are crazily disproportionate compared to different items, and texture on rides are glitched out. So yeah... kudos to him I guess.

PSPfreaky
02-21-2016, 02:26 PM
I wonder if Atari are a bit worried about the game being forgotten about if it's delayed again. If PC comes out and is as good as we hope it will be then there is the risk that RCTW will be forgotten about. I'd also have to wonder if Atari can afford to delay the game from a financial point of view.

Yes, it will be good if the second beta will start in the weekend of 12 March or before that date. They have to. I think it will be hard to win (potential) fans after the release of the Early Access of the competitor.

Sawyer
02-21-2016, 03:11 PM
I wonder if Atari are a bit worried about the game being forgotten about if it's delayed again.

They can't do that, it would be the final straw for many people, I imagine.

coaster_tog
02-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Delay it again with Planet coaster out in 3 weeks and it literally will be game over, it needs to go early access THIS WEEK !!!!

We have a community manager, who works for Nvizzio, MAKE IT HAPPEN

Please don't rep,y with SOON or i'll lose my mind

Casiquire
02-21-2016, 05:09 PM

Why in the world do people keep saying we haven't seen video some the beta? There was a livestream in December, everybody.

Airboss
02-21-2016, 05:44 PM
Why in the world do people keep saying we haven't seen video some the beta? There was a livestream in December, everybody.
Yeah, but everyone hated that. They only showed us the new coaster builder, and the promised Q&A was not there.

Casiquire
02-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but everyone hated that. They only showed us the new coaster builder, and the promised Q&A was not there.

I loved it...and saying everyone hated it doesn't change the fact that it exists.

Deuce
02-21-2016, 06:18 PM
I loved it...and saying everyone hated it doesn't change the fact that it exists.

Given all it could have been, what is it that you loved? I love my wife for many wonderful and complex reasons. To me, she is wonderful. But that stream? It felt like it was less than it could or probably should have been. Personally, I'd say love is a difficult emotion to muster for an event that ended with the guy in charge speaking on behalf of the audience and telling them they clearly didn't want what they were so obviously desperate for.

For me, the stream was interesting in many ways, and quite positive in many ways. But all of that stuff could have been cut down to 2-3 mins. The reality is that the entire middle part of the stream was spent by a guy proving how easy it was to form an inversion - despite taking forever to get it only roughly right.

loved? For me that just seems a bit strong for the stream we got. Can you explain what it was that shot you straight past content/satisfied/interested and straight on to outright adoration?

geoffersh
02-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Delay it again with Planet coaster out in 3 weeks and it literally will be game over, it needs to go early access THIS WEEK !!!!

We have a community manager, who works for Nvizzio, MAKE IT HAPPEN

Please don't rep,y with SOON or i'll lose my mind

If they release it as Early Access, it will be game over too, because this game is no where near ready as it is at the moment. The only salvation for it, is to delay it and get it put right. Releasing it full of flaws and bugs, won't solve anything.

Deuce
02-21-2016, 06:54 PM
If they release it as Early Access, it will be game over too, because this game is no where near ready as it is at the moment. The only salvation for it, is to delay it and get it put right. Releasing it full of flaws and bugs, won't solve anything.

I agree that early access would give rise to big problems for this game, but your approach would too. This game is caught between a rock and a hard place. Early access will likely reveal many of the speculated concerns are true. Taking the time to finish and perfect it will place it behind PC which is also a massive problem.

That's why I keep banging on about the need to sidestep PC and give this game some entirely new and individual elements. That sounds easy enough, you just need a really creative genius type to work out what can be done that is brand new and will make the game a must have product. But whilst Atari are handling the business side of the game, and Nvizzio the development, I'm not sure where the creativity lies. Who is the creative person that is capable of making this game, great as a 'game'? Or in this case, capable of re-writing what it is that can make a theme park sim great?

All the best sim games have a creative person heading the project.

Casiquire
02-21-2016, 07:08 PM
Given all it could have been, what is it that you loved? I love my wife for many wonderful and complex reasons. To me, she is wonderful. But that stream? It felt like it was less than it could or probably should have been. Personally, I'd say love is a difficult emotion to muster for an event that ended with the guy in charge speaking on behalf of the audience and telling them they clearly didn't want what they were so obviously desperate for.

For me, the stream was interesting in many ways, and quite positive in many ways. But all of that stuff could have been cut down to 2-3 mins. The reality is that the entire middle part of the stream was spent by a guy proving how easy it was to form an inversion - despite taking forever to get it only roughly right.

loved? For me that just seems a bit strong for the stream we got. Can you explain what it was that shot you straight past content/satisfied/interested and straight on to outright adoration?

First of all: not the point. The point is, we had a stream, and I was correcting a statement that we didn't.

Second of all, seeing the piece-by-piece builder in addition to the beta builder which I really liked minus the red-yellow-white system minus some of the derailment sensitivity plus the awesome-looking heat map function made it a "love".