PDA

View Full Version : RCTW General Update and New Community Manager Welcome!

Pages : 1 [2]

Deuce
02-21-2016, 07:19 PM
First of all: not the point. The point is, we had a stream, and I was correcting a statement that we didn't.

Second of all, seeing the piece-by-piece builder in addition to the beta builder which I really liked minus the red-yellow-white system minus some of the derailment sensitivity plus the awesome-looking heat map function made it a "love".

Those things were indeed great to see. But for me, it was more satisfaction at seeing them get round to making changes that should have been in place from the start. I just don't think a public beta was required to figure out that stuff.

So for me, I will 'love' it the day they show me something entirely new that adds to the game. Just doing stuff that obviously makes sense just makes me satisfied. Not really positive or negative - just ok. I would 'love' it if they upped their game, so to speak.

To be fair, they have upped the realism and graphics but that's somewhat downgraded again by the peeps and scaling. But nonetheless, I'm really impressed with the general look of this game. Overall it's a positive.

I hope you understand I'm not trying to win an argument here, I'm just trying to be balanced and fair about what I have seen.

Casiquire
02-21-2016, 07:40 PM
No that's totally fair!

boxman
02-21-2016, 08:48 PM
If they release it as Early Access, it will be game over too, because this game is no where near ready as it is at the moment. The only salvation for it, is to delay it and get it put right. Releasing it full of flaws and bugs, won't solve anything.
Does not seem like you know what early access is. The entire point of early access is that it is unfinished and lets people beta test and give feedback to the developers during the course of development.
As has been proven over and over again they need us the community to point out all the issues since they and their so called closed beta group are incapable of catching these issues .

At least if it goes early access there will be some kind of cashflow. Delaying it further without early access will just lead to even more people refunding their game and as we know Atari clearly does not currently have the highest budget available for this game.
But sadly they are most likely just going to go ahead and release this mess as it is in hope that enough people will just buy it without researching the game.

geoffersh
02-21-2016, 09:38 PM
At least if it goes early access there will be some kind of cashflow. Delaying it further without early access will just lead to even more people refunding their game and as we know Atari clearly does not currently have the highest budget available for this game.
But sadly they are most likely just going to go ahead and release this mess as it is in hope that enough people will just buy it without researching the game.

If they release the game in the state it is now, in hope that enough people will just buy it, without researching, just shows what Atari as a company are really like. It just proves that all they care about is making as much money as they can out of the game, irrespective of how good or bad the game will be. That is not the way to treat customers. If that does happen then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people and it could be the end for RCTW and for Atari.

boxman
02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
If they release the game in the state it is now, in hope that enough people will just buy it, without researching, just shows what Atari as a company are really like. It just proves that all they care about is making as much money as they can out of the game, irrespective of how good or bad the game will be. That is not the way to treat customers. If that does happen then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people and it could be the end for RCTW and for Atari.
Yep... But going by them saying "soon" suggests that they are sadly still aiming for early 2016 which will mean a unpolished and most likely broken game. :(

djshotty
02-21-2016, 10:46 PM
One thing's for sure, the number of peeps whingeing about the game not being released yet is growing larger by the day. Me myself and I? I'm happy to wait for a decent experience that has relatively few (if any) flaws, rather than having to work with a below average game. Please, to all those carrying on like kindergarten kids in a supermarket when they don't get a chocolate bar, provide constructive criticism by all means; just do the rest of us patient souls a favour and keep your moaning about the release delays to yourselves. A watched pot never boils...

Marvin
02-21-2016, 10:58 PM
One thing's for sure, the number of peeps whingeing about the game not being released yet is growing larger by the day. Me myself and I? I'm happy to wait for a decent experience that has relatively few (if any) flaws, rather than having to work with a below average game. Please, to all those carrying on like kindergarten kids in a supermarket when they don't get a chocolate bar, provide constructive criticism by all means; just do the rest of us patient souls a favour and keep your moaning about the release delays to yourselves. A watched pot never boils...

I don't mind waiting but the thing is that we've been "waiting" since early 2015 and we keep hearing about how great the game is even though there are obvious issues and tons of missing features. If they'd just be honest and upfront with us, a lot of the complaints would go away.

maxfreak
02-22-2016, 01:05 AM
How long has this game been in development, well over twelve months and we are still getting everything out of scale, coasters that are not joined. This game supposed to be being released in a month from now and it is way off being finished. Does anyone working on the dev team, really know what they are doing with this game. Every time we get a new screen shot, something seems to be wrong. What about some movement video, we haven't seen anything since the last Beta. I am beginning to think that this game is so full of bugs, it will take another twelve months to put right. I am sorry, but it's not good enough and it certainly isn't anywhere near triple A standard.

You're incorrect, the name RCTW has existed over 12 months but this current version was announced to be in Nvizzios hands in May. They are using unity and did everything else from scratch. Lets say, maybe Nvizzio was on board longer than that, you're still incorrect because Area 52 was still actively working on the game in March. It's February. Thats less than 12 months. ; )

They seem to be emerging from their shell more, with even Matt replying directly to concerns people have pointed out. I don't understand why people think complaining about development time is going to make anything better. It's complain and get a game with the current issues everyone has pointed out, or be patient and have them *hopefully* address those issues and get a good game in the end.

EDIT: Source: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?3038-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Production-Blog-6

Casiquire
02-22-2016, 02:43 AM
Complaining is one thing, but I do like how this thread started out: politely letting them know what we liked and what we didn't like. That's helpful all around and they've listened to our feedback in the past

lohansony
02-22-2016, 03:26 AM
Oh I'm feeling it!

Lol same though

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Npokriot, scenario/campaign editor for custom maps? Please tell me this is a thing.

Deuce
02-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Npokriot, scenario/campaign editor for custom maps? Please tell me this is a thing.

Still asking? You're a version patient person!! :eek:

Big_Boy
02-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Lol they are so carefull on what they say, that is the reason why almoste never get a straight answer. Hopefully internal testing is over now and we going to next beta now.

Wabigbear
02-22-2016, 07:29 AM
As has been proven over and over again they need us the community to point out all the issues since they and their so called closed beta group are incapable of catching these issues .

But to be fair we don't have a clue what issues the closed beta group catch or not.

For all we know they've reported these and more to Atari/Nvizzo, we just see them ourselves and can see that they haven't yet been addressed. We don't know that Nvizzio isn't already working to address them either.

I think it's important to point out issues we see, but we don't know for a fact that the issues haven't already been noted and may or may not being worked on. If the same issues show up repeatedly, then they should be pointed out repeatedly until they are either fixed, or a reason why is given.

Problems with scaling have been pointed out repeatedly since the beta. I'd certainly hope that they are currently working to fix them because they are so grossly apparent that many people will have a really problem if it's not addressed.

coaster_tog
02-22-2016, 07:44 AM
Least we forget there was closed beata group before beta weekend one and MAtt told us many issues were caught in that

geoffersh
02-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Well one thing that Atari are excellent at, and that is keeping quiet, I'll give them that! When they do surface occasionally, they tell us that everything is going along nicely, then put up a new screen shot and within a few days, we are back to square one, because people have spotted more faults.

I just can't see this game coming up to the standard that everyone is hoping for. It just seems to me that the developers have that many problems to deal with, that the whole structure of the game is causing problems acting against each other. There are scaling issues and peep issues that need dealing with, irrespective of how the management side of the game is going to work, which is something no one has seen so far. Is everything going to run like it should. A screen shot doesn't show how peeps react in the game. Everything needs to be properly tested to make sure everything is running like clockwork, and that everything is in the same scale to each other. There isn't enough time to get this game anywhere near up to standard, if they are still looking at a end of March release date. So it is delay it further and swim a little longer, or release and sink.

Stream
02-22-2016, 09:12 AM
You're incorrect, the name RCTW has existed over 12 months but this current version was announced to be in Nvizzios hands in May. They are using unity and did everything else from scratch. Lets say, maybe Nvizzio was on board longer than that, you're still incorrect because Area 52 was still actively working on the game in March. It's February. Thats less than 12 months. ; )

They seem to be emerging from their shell more, with even Matt replying directly to concerns people have pointed out. I don't understand why people think complaining about development time is going to make anything better. It's complain and get a game with the current issues everyone has pointed out, or be patient and have them *hopefully* address those issues and get a good game in the end.

EDIT: Source: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?3038-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Production-Blog-6

Actually in that very blog Matt states that Nvizzio continued on the work that Area 52 had done, he also said that Nvizzio had been working on the game for quite a while at the time of the blog being published. I think that was all BS, but that's what the blog says... So according to Matt, Nvizzio has worked on the game for about a year (give or take a month) with many assets already in place from Area 52 when they started.

Deuce
02-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Actually in that very blog Matt states that Nvizzio continued on the work that Area 52 had done, he also said that Nvizzio had been working on the game for quite a while at the time of the blog being published. I think that was all BS, but that's what the blog says... So according to Matt, Nvizzio has worked on the game for about a year (give or take a month) with many assets already in place from Area 52 when they started.

Isn't that the same blog where ha made out that Area52 were only ever employed to work on the game engine ahead of the next developer coming in to finish the game? It was all a bit far fetched for me.

Stream
02-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Isn't that the same blog where ha made out that Area52 were only ever employed to work on the game engine ahead of the next developer coming in to finish the game? It was all a bit far fetched for me.

As many of you know, this past fall the game moved from Pipeworks to a new developer – Area 52 Games. We brought them in to focus on core engine development. In order to accomplish many of the great things we have planned for the game, we needed this work first so that development could later continue on not only the engine, but also on gameplay, content, and graphics. Following this effort, RollerCoaster Tycoon World is now in its next phase of development and on its way to release.

Yep! There is so much BS written in that blog to try and save face after that trailer, lol.

Deuce
02-22-2016, 10:27 AM
As many of you know, this past fall the game moved from Pipeworks to a new developer – Area 52 Games. We brought them in to focus on core engine development. In order to accomplish many of the great things we have planned for the game, we needed this work first so that development could later continue on not only the engine, but also on gameplay, content, and graphics. Following this effort, RollerCoaster Tycoon World is now in its next phase of development and on its way to release.

Yep! There is so much BS written in that blog to try and save face after that trailer, lol.

No it all makes sense to me. It's quite normal when you want to make a AAA game to hire a mobile and browser game developer to prepare the engine for the real developers... I imagine Pipeworks were brought into to arrange the office furniture in advance of Area52 coming in. It all makes sense!

Yep.

maxfreak
02-22-2016, 11:32 AM

Hmmmmm...fair enough. I could have sworn in one blog he said they started everything from scratch and they only re-used assets? I apologize to the previous poster (Geofferish I think was the name?). This is just one of those things none of us except Atari can say for sure went down. I personally don't think they switched to Nvizzio until the crap storm that was the trailer back in March.

djshotty
02-22-2016, 11:39 AM
I don't mind waiting but the thing is that we've been "waiting" since early 2015 and we keep hearing about how great the game is even though there are obvious issues and tons of missing features. If they'd just be honest and upfront with us, a lot of the complaints would go away.100% agree with you brah...

Deuce
02-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Hmmmmm...fair enough. I could have sworn in one blog he said they started everything from scratch and they only re-used assets? I apologize to the previous poster (Geofferish I think was the name?). This is just one of those things none of us except Atari can say for sure went down. I personally don't think they switched to Nvizzio until the crap storm that was the trailer back in March.

That seems much more likely for about a thousand sensible reasons!

It wouldn't be the first or last 'miss-truth' surrounding this game. They also said the recent planed live stream was never planned or announced - despite the fact they had already released an official press statement announcing the planned live stream! Then that the game the the press saw was buggy because they had to use a low spec alienware replacement laptop to demo it on... I checked and the lowest spec laptop they make exceeds the minimum specs for this game. It's never ending.

Stream
02-22-2016, 11:49 AM

Yeah we can never know exactly what happened, unless someone comes and speaks out. To me it's just perfect proof that it's better to be honest about what's going on, because lies will only come back to bite you later on when people start asking questions. It's almost as if Atari is stuck in this pre-internet mentality where they don't think that everything is logged and people can find whatever they want within just a couple of minutes.

Can you imagine how different things would've been if Matt would've been like "guys... that trailer totally sucked, like sucked sucked. We need to find another developer and start this thing over, and we really need you guys's help in making this game come to life right now." and then kept that mentality throughout.

Big_Boy
02-22-2016, 12:14 PM
How long will the internal testing take ?

i hope we get more news now whit our new community manager around here.

would be nice to see some now ! he is atleast verry active here so i hope that gives us more intel on the game and status now.

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Still asking? You're a version patient person!! :eek:
When something is important, I tell ya, it's important.

Rationaire
02-22-2016, 12:58 PM
Holy **** that is looking nice!

Nupol
02-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Really nice screens. I know it is kind of picky but damn that is one ugly textureseam on these lampposts...

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Really nice screens. I know it is kind of picky but damn that is one ugly textureseam on these lampposts...
It's not picky at all. We expect perfect lampposts. ;)

dwwilkin
02-22-2016, 05:12 PM
I dont expect perfect lampposts. I still want Atari and Nvizzio to hear that there are those of us in this community who think Realism is secondary to gameplay. And actually think that trying for realism may be the death knell of the franchise. As strong as these computers are becoming, maybe they can not handle 5000 peeps, 90 rides, 15 of which are coasters. 2500 trees, 15000 flowers, and 300 working perfect lampposts.

So, since this is a fun little simulation where corners were cut before to make this a game that was enticing and addictive, I am all in favor of that being done again.

I dont need fluid dynamics in place for water, but would rather have that be sacrificed so I can have my Log Flume, Small World transport boats, and a Dive Coaster that dives into water at release.

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 07:08 PM
I dont expect perfect lampposts. I still want Atari and Nvizzio to hear that there are those of us in this community who think Realism is secondary to gameplay. And actually think that trying for realism may be the death knell of the franchise. As strong as these computers are becoming, maybe they can not handle 5000 peeps, 90 rides, 15 of which are coasters. 2500 trees, 15000 flowers, and 300 working perfect lampposts.

So, since this is a fun little simulation where corners were cut before to make this a game that was enticing and addictive, I am all in favor of that being done again.

I dont need fluid dynamics in place for water, but would rather have that be sacrificed so I can have my Log Flume, Small World transport boats, and a Dive Coaster that dives into water at release.
You realize I was being sarcastic about the lampposts, correct?

dwwilkin
02-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Yes, since you and I are both Scenario Gameplay peep managers, but I am not quite sure Atari and Nvizzio hear it enough that playability should be the number one priority for this project, not realism...

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Yes, since you and I are both Scenario Gameplay peep managers, but I am not quite sure Atari and Nvizzio hear it enough that playability should be the number one priority for this project, not realism...

I'm sensing a repeat of RCT3 on a perhaps grander scale, in that they are working their own agenda and doing the things that we need after the fact. Tunneling was held back in RCT3 as well; we need it in the initial game. Without it, the game is incomplete, so hearing that it's in the "final phases" is extremely worrying, because we will not be able to create the parks we really want to create. And if there's no scenario editor in it...sorry, the game isn't worth more than $30.

biotron2000
02-26-2016, 06:12 PM
IMO Planetcoaster still looks way, way, way better.

They why the hell are you hanging out here? Nothing better to do with your time than be a troll?

TheMagicianThing
02-26-2016, 06:23 PM
They why the hell are you hanging out here? Nothing better to do with your time than be a troll?
cause he's hungry :P planet coaster basically looks like a polished thrillville nothing new

freddythefred
02-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Watch : First Gameplay Trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FhRjBMrhgk)

Are we really talking about the same game ??!! :eek::eek:

dwwilkin
02-26-2016, 07:28 PM
I am getting very suspicious of Newcomers with very few posts commenting on threads and items we discussed days, weeks and months ago. It is beginning to feel like some with strong opinions are hiding their identities so they can post support for their opinions that they have already shared and been identified with and when not getting enough attention, resort to making a new identity and then supporting themselves this way. Now you may be a newbie here, and you may have been a lurker, but far too many sound like shills for either Frontier or Nvizzio/Atari depending on the post.

Marvin
02-26-2016, 08:26 PM
I am getting very suspicious of Newcomers with very few posts commenting on threads and items we discussed days, weeks and months ago. It is beginning to feel like some with strong opinions are hiding their identities so they can post support for their opinions that they have already shared and been identified with and when not getting enough attention, resort to making a new identity and then supporting themselves this way. Now you may be a newbie here, and you may have been a lurker, but far too many sound like shills for either Frontier or Nvizzio/Atari depending on the post.

Frontier has no reason to do that lol. Probably just a troll.

Deuce
02-26-2016, 08:31 PM

I think it's purely symptomatic of the delays running into another year and several frustrated pre order owners being motivated to join the forum and speak their mind.

Duckzorly
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Firstly welcome to our new Community Manager...

Secondly may I say that I had been a strong supporter of RCTW even through the original Beta weekend, and certainly want to see this game succeed. However admittedly Deuce, Joel, Angelis and some others references and comparisons lead me to look at PC Q3 last year (prior to Beta).

I have been generally observing both and interacting more so over here - until I chose not to due to the often extreme negativity in the RCTW forums...yes I realise some of it was needed and correctly so.

But I found that the positivity and most importantly the constant, dare I even say - over abundance of feedback and information coupled with the extremely positive and exuberant community far out-shined the RCTW one.

I therefore cancelled my pre-order of RCTW and purchased the Ebird of PC.

Why am i stating it here now, as so many have bitched, whined, moaned etc... well I believe that whilst I will still monitor RCTW and in all probability buy the game upon release, Atari has let us (and Nvizzio) down with their silence. Honestly I believe what now definitely seems to be the reliance on UGC for longevity turns me off.

I do sincerely hope that the end product of RCTW is a worthy addition to my gaming library over the years to come...

I do implore Mattlab and Atari to really wake up and start promoting and dealing with its community as a true AAA release would be deserving,... because if not it may well be the nail in the franchise as many, many, many have alluded to before.

inspectorgadget
01-18-2017, 02:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKO6XYXioc