PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Thread

Mostaza41
12-13-2014, 02:36 AM
I still remember 12yearold me playing RCT for hours on end. Arid Heights was the go-to map.

Such a great game.

12-13-2014, 03:12 AM
My fav map to play was Diamond Heights. Came with those 2 awesome coasters.

I remember spending a few hours converting it to RCT2. Was well worth it.

I'm really hoping RCTW recaptures that awesomeness.

Aaruse
12-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Roller Coaster Tycoon was a major part of my childhood. It's easily the first game I was ever truly was addicted to, and I still remember being around 5 years old, and being so excited that the Log Flume was finally going to be researched so I could build on in my park. I was terrible at completing the scenarios, but the gameplay and sandbox capabilities kept me playing at it all this time.

Sesac
12-13-2014, 03:26 PM
RCT was the game of my childhood for sure. My favorite park was Dynamite Dunes. Now I've high hopes with RCTW so please ATARI do it well.

jeriky
12-13-2014, 03:30 PM
This game will forever go down in history as the one that changed the PC gaming world! I would be so addicted to this game that I would sneak to play it even while I was on punishment from my mother hahah!!! Awesome times.

But yes Diamond Heights as well as Dynamite Dunes were my two favorite ones! I loved that unique dueling coaster in Diamond Heights and the VERY elaborate train coaster in Dynamite Dunes. Absolutely amazing!

Future RCT
12-13-2014, 04:50 PM
This is still my favorite game in the series. The scenarios are so much fun!

iChase
12-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Arid Heights, Diamond Heights, and Leafy Lake were my jam! I still boot up RCT1 and revel in the nostalgia. It was a simpler age of gaming, one where the games worked reliably.

Silvarret
12-17-2014, 02:51 AM
My favourite to play was Mothball Mountain - because it was such a pesky little park.
But my favourite park considering pre-built rides and scenery - definitely Diamond Heights. Though Katie's World is also nice.

Pumpkin
12-18-2014, 11:37 PM
I always loved Diamond Heights, in fact I named my neighborhoods in The Sims after it.

greenstranger
12-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Some reason I always play forest frontiers. I believe that the name. That computer is probably dead. It run windows 98 se.

Signum
12-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Leafy Lake was the first scenario i've played back in the day. It was great because you could loan a big amount of money and thus expand really quickly.

Diamond Heights was the park that inspired to build crazy coaster. I really liked the pre-build ones and I remember watching guests ride it for hours.

But my all-time favroite park is without any doubt Arid Heights, because it was the only scenario that truly acted as a "sandbox". It is the only scenario that I have played beyond year 20.

Huskyx94
01-07-2015, 07:43 AM
I always made sure i did Scenery with ride building in my parks so it looked nice. You don't know the little programing Chris Sawyer did to make the guests actually smart in a way, every little thing bothers guests. Like not mowing the grass causes loss in rating because it makes guests think you don't care.

patkl
02-21-2015, 12:11 AM
seeing this thread is makeing me want play rct1 again (and i am) and it fees odd but good :cool:

waymu
03-02-2015, 05:28 PM
RCTGL and Save Game Modifier.