PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #28 - Flatride Reveal Videos!

Mattlab
01-15-2016, 07:24 PM
Dear Tycoons:

Hope everyone had a fun and restful holiday break! As many of you have seen on our social media channels (Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon), Twitter (https://twitter.com/OfficialRCT), and Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkTuhwNKaVh-Qv68OUdE_ew)) we kicked off the year with a bang, revealing in-game and rendered videos of some of our flatrides.

Here you can see our incredibly realistic Twister ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXP3FCLonE

For the amusement park purists, we present to you – The Twister! This medium intensity ride is perfect for the whole Peep family. What you’re looking at is the fully rendered Twister that you’ll find in-game! Check back soon to see what it looks like in-game.

Our art team is super excited about the feedback we have received on the rides and looks forward to adding that extra little bit of polish to them as we head towards launch. It really is all about the details and as some of you pointed out, it’s important that the cars swing as they go around the ride. Realism is key as it adds that much more to the fun and immersion of the game.

For fans of the fantastical we also posted these amazing videos from within the game and our engine of our sci-fi themed Orbit Spinner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptrkiJq8F8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VSJpuWN3Ss

The only ride accompanied by the sound of a theremin, the Orbit Spinner comes to us from a galaxy far, far away to deliver some of the most intense g forces outside of an F-15. Studies have shown that the Orbit Spinner can cause one’s organs to shift by as much as 4 inches, effectively putting your eyeball inside your nostril! Cool, right?

As we get closer to launch, we’ll be revealing many different parts of the game – including more rides! All of this will be further detailed in our upcoming blogs, streams, videos, and more! Content will be posted on a variety of channels including Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/OfficialRCT), our website (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/), and forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/).

Thank you again for staying with us through the development of RollerCoaster Tycoon World. We can’t wait to bring the game to you soon! Together we have built something truly special.

Cheers,
Team RCTW

JMR
01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Great summary! Thanks for the blog. :)

I made a video about my thoughts on the previews we have seen this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbC1LCR8Skc

Kombiice
01-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Jay blog !!

doublefioul
01-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Hello Matt,

No news about box version?
Just see this available in Germany.
No date for beta 2?

Kombiice
01-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Would be cool if you made daily videos !!

dwwilkin
01-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Cool Videos!

ddrplaya4638
01-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the summary post. Look forward to what's next. Great job on the flats :)

JoŽlNL
01-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Thank you Mattlab for the blog! Nice to have new material to look at, and it looks great!

DoctorPelusa
01-15-2016, 07:53 PM
The summary was indeed needed, and therefore it's apreciated, but it's quite dissapointing if that's the blog in response of what we were asking for...
I'm still hoping for more news on the next week, and a true dev blog with dates for a new streaming (with better quality please) or for the beta.

doublefioul
01-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Yes DoctorPelusa
I waited a Stream on january 22th, and beta 2 on january 29th.

The Stig
01-15-2016, 07:59 PM
I like the ride descriptions you guys came up with. Very imaginative.
I'm glad to hear the swinging cars are being worked on! So quick, too. Like, within an hour of it being brought up, you guys were on it!

doublefioul
01-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Graphics has improve.
Game will be cool i m sure.
I can t waitttt!!

Some dates please :)

jackk
01-15-2016, 08:15 PM
Urgh are you guys serious? You literally posted all these videos on social media then a few days later try palm it off as a blog? This is absolutely pathetic and you guys are so messy I honestly CAN'T! Please give REAL INFORMATION. REAL UPDATES. REAL BLOGS! STOP being all "We cannot wait to reveal sa much more omgggz"!! You have been showing us the same ol crap for the last year! show us the management aspect, the peeps, the user interface, SOMETHING THAT'S WORTH US READING!! Do you have any care in the world that people actually come here to get updates? All you guys are good at doing is letting down fans which we all bitch about and tell everyone; this game is going to flop because you have no idea wtf you are doing.

Honestly, the other game by frontier is 10000x better - hence why they get hundreds of more likes with only 30k follows whilst you guys have 300K + followes and get 300-400 likes. Get your crap together honestly. I am so tired of reading these half ass'ed blogs with absolutely no content and nothing but text book marketing and gimmicks.

Signing out, signing up for Planet Coaster forums.

ctc1993
01-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Urgh are you guys serious? You literally posted all these videos on social media then a few days later try palm it off as a blog? This is absolutely pathetic and you guys are so messy I honestly CAN'T! Please give REAL INFORMATION. REAL UPDATES. REAL BLOGS! STOP being all "We cannot wait to reveal sa much more omgggz"!! You have been showing us the same ol crap for the last year! show us the management aspect, the peeps, the user interface, SOMETHING THAT'S WORTH US READING!! Do you have any care in the world that people actually come here to get updates? All you guys are good at doing is letting down fans which we all bitch about and tell everyone; this game is going to flop because you have no idea wtf you are doing.

Honestly, the other game by frontier is 10000x better - hence why they get hundreds of more likes with only 30k follows whilst you guys have 300K + followes and get 300-400 likes. Get your crap together honestly. I am so tired of reading these half ass'ed blogs with absolutely no content and nothing but text book marketing and gimmicks.

Might not have articulated point in same way but its so hard to disagree.

The Stig
01-15-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm just happy we got three videos this week.

ddrplaya4638
01-15-2016, 08:47 PM
They show three awesome videos in a week, confirm that one of our complaints about one of them is already on the way to being fixed, and they promise more is going to be coming soon. I'm sorry but even if it was a summary this was a good blog.

supermc
01-15-2016, 09:15 PM
They show three awesome videos in a week, confirm that one of our complaints about one of them is already on the way to being fixed, and they promise more is going to be coming soon. I'm sorry but even if it was a summary this was a good blog.

The game itself has been "on the way to being fixed" for months now.

dwwilkin
01-15-2016, 09:24 PM
There were a great many complaints when it was announced that the Dec 10th date was going to be missed. There, however were those of us who had watched the Pax Stream and said here in the Forums that we thought such a date was unrealistic. That more time was sure to be needed to make this the Theme Park simulation we wanted to play. Now, with the attention to detail that we see in these two flat rides (hoping for more than 30 all told at the release, more like 70 :)) it shows that giving the team more time to really work on the game will pay off!

WickedC96
01-15-2016, 09:35 PM

Recolorable rides???

The Stig
01-15-2016, 09:43 PM

Recolorable rides???

Not sure. That may be an illusion from the different lighting.

Palaber1984
01-15-2016, 09:47 PM
Everyone is getting hyped. Instead of really important information about beta, more flat rides, the improvement, they show just two flat rides.

3 weeks waiting for that?

snowyday
01-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Awesome can't wait for more videos of the rides :);) and can't wait for the announcement of Beta 2

Duivelbryan
01-15-2016, 10:31 PM
2285 atleast we got a look at a peep

Stream
01-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Here you can see our incredibly realistic Twister ride:

That doesn't behave as it should in the real world, and clearly isn't finished (your own statement)? What are you doing Matt?

iDeanJ
01-16-2016, 01:53 AM
Jeez, there are so many impatient people attacking the developers. Unless what you have to say is CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK, just shut up, be patient and be thankful we received some new material from the game.

And to user jackk: bye!

Khan2005
01-16-2016, 04:00 AM

Recolorable rides???

Great to see a new blog post. The summary is not bad. I was only hoping Atari was hinting or confirming recoloring / theme changing rides.
Lets hope we see that the upcomming weeks!

inspectorgadget
01-16-2016, 05:08 AM
As we get closer to launch, weíll be revealing many different parts of the game Ė including more rides!
..Together we have built something truly special.

And when might that be? It really is looking like it will be after the PC Alpha which surely can't do RCTW any favours? Something truly special? With all due respect it's going to take more than a few flat rides for that bold statement to ring true.

MR.sugar
01-16-2016, 05:37 AM
After they cut out the last stream with (we will stream more soon) and then coming up with these little videos... "COOL"

Wabigbear
01-16-2016, 06:14 AM
Jeez, there are so many impatient people attacking the developers. Unless what you have to say is CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK, just shut up, be patient and be thankful we received some new material from the game.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK...like telling people to shut up I suppose? Gotcha!

Stream
01-16-2016, 07:03 AM
The very important thing that you guys are missing is the fact that these flat rides were in beta 1 to begin with. They may have polished them up a bit since then, but doesn't it worry you people that "The Twister" still isn't 100% months later? That they probably weren't going to make the cars turn at all unless we would've said something about it here? We're pretty much getting crap unless we point out that it's crap, that has definitely been the case up until this point with this game.

It seems as if some of you guys would defend this game even if one of the blogs contained like a dog being killed... I don't understand the blinders some of you have on, it's kind of insane.

Indominus
01-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Another post with things we have already seen. This post shows that Mattlab just talks and talks but when we see the game his words are nowhere to be seen. 'HYPER REALISTIC TWISTER!!' yet they need the community to tell them its still not right, even after all those months.

Shame.

JoŽlNL
01-16-2016, 07:36 AM
The very important thing that you guys are missing is the fact that these flat rides were in beta 1 to begin with. They may have polished them up a bit since then, but doesn't it worry you people that "The Twister" still isn't 100% months later? That they probably weren't going to make the cars turn at all unless we would've said something about it here? We're pretty much getting crap unless we point out that it's crap, that has definitely been the case up until this point with this game.

It seems as if some of you guys would defend this game even if one of the blogs contained like a dog being killed... I don't understand the blinders some of you have on, it's kind of insane.

Another post with things we have already seen. This post shows that Mattlab just talks and talks but when we see the game his words are nowhere to be seen. 'HYPER REALISTIC TWISTER!!' yet they need the community to tell them its still not right, even after all those months.

Shame.

I agree. It's weird that after all this time we still have to tell the team what to improve. If they had done their research better, that ride may have been good from the start. That does tell something about development of RCTW in general...

Maybe it's because funds for research (and other phases) where/are not so high?

guitar_sly
01-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Research? For a Troika Ride? No Problem!

Youtube -> search for Ride Video -> Theres your reference, and now, build it. This could be done in Minutes by the Ride- Designer.

Janitor
01-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Team RCTW,

Please give us Beta #2 soon (= next week for example) that will be available until final release with maybe some bugfixes or small patches in the meantime.
I know 99% of people don't agree with me and want to give them all the time in the world, but i simply don't want to wait till the end of this year. There is still no talk about beta or official release date in this blog.

Oh and also give us more details about the Deluxe version.

JoŽlNL
01-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Youtube -> search for Ride Video -> Theres your reference, and now, build it. This could be done in Minutes by the Ride- Designer.

Exactly. Just like that.

Horsti12
01-16-2016, 09:38 AM

Just compare the leaked screenshots and they videos which atari posted. The Orbit Spinner was created after the beta, because you can't find the Orbit Spinner on one of the leaked screenshot.

farmington
01-16-2016, 10:22 AM
They call this a blog, what a joke. Its about what I've come to expect from these guys.

JMR
01-16-2016, 10:29 AM
They call this a blog, what a joke. Its about what I've come to expect from these guys.

It's a nice summary of what they have released this week. Imagine if you had not had known about the videos prior to this blog.

I assume the blog was created for those who don't follow the RCT social media, who only check the official developer blogs.

I don't see how it is a joke. I think it is a good idea for them to officially announce previews of their game inside the blogs, that way people won't miss the footage.

(YouTube views have increased a lot since the blog was posted, proving that new people have discovered the flat ride previews from the blog.)

Khan2005
01-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Great summary! Thanks for the blog. :)

I made a video about my thoughts on the previews we have seen this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbC1LCR8Skc

Great video JMR! it adresses most of my (and the community's) thoughts and hopes for the final flat rides.

Stream
01-16-2016, 11:03 AM
The Orbit Spinner was created after the beta, because you can't find the Orbit Spinner on one of the leaked screenshot.

No it wasn't. Someone found a way to put the RCTW rides from beta 1 into Parkitect as scenery. There is a screen shot taken of it being in Parkitect before the FB reveal of the ride.

I'll send you the link if you don't believe me. Or Google "RCTW in Parkitect" and follow the top hit.

alexalexalex
01-16-2016, 11:35 AM
I am at a loss of words of how bad they are managing these blog posts.

As it seems we need to send Atari back to the drawing board all the time, they should show as much as possible so we can help them better do their own lack of quality control.

CycloneGU
01-16-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm just happy we got three videos this week.
This.

That said, I don't like that we're only getting information regarding ONE flat ride every week. I mean, release is supposed to be "early 2016"; this clearly means release will NOT be "early 2016" because there is a lot of other stuff to show off. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because we want a game that is as complete, polished, and bug-free as possible, but just be honest with us instead of giving us an expectation and not delivering.

JMR
01-16-2016, 12:21 PM
And JMR, I'm not on social media, but I still saw the videos so I don't entirely see your point.
Takes deep breath. Thinks happy thoughts

I assume the blog was created for those who don't follow the RCT social media, who only check the official developer blogs. Not saying that no one could find it, of course there will be people like yourself who discovered the video without following social media, but my point was that I think it is a good idea for them to officially announce previews of their game inside the blogs, that way people won't miss the footage.

If this blog was not posted, I definitely think that there would be those people who were annoyed that they hadn't discovered the videos sooner and would ask why there was no blog post letting them know about it.

I know some people appreciate this content more than others, that makes sense, everyone has their own preferences on what content they want to be revealed now. (I personally would love to see more about the management side of the game) But the content displayed in this blog post did contain substance. We have not seen the animations up close like this before, nor have we seen them in this detail, not to mention the sounds, Etc.

You can see that video I created to hear my full thoughts (10 minute long video) on the previews that we've seen this week. Not sure how I'd be able to do a commentary 10 minutes long on them if there was no substance.

dwwilkin
01-16-2016, 01:05 PM
All right, take a moment to stop the sniping

I will have to invoke my powers as Super Moderator (Notifier) and tell the mods that this is getting out of hand

We are here to comment on what we saw this week because that is what the DevBlog from Mattlab really covered.

Usually we get a post on Fridays if we get one, so we got one.

Sometimes it doesn't say much
Sometimes it is in depth about something

This week, we got 3 Videos, which we haven't seen, and not on a Friday, so having that summed up is understandable. First by Mattlab in the devblog, and then by JMR expanding on it

If we had each video as a separate devblog, then all the items that JMR in his video would have been separate blogs that would have brought praises and disappointments. And hundreds of posts.

What we actually finally saw is something to put in context with Planet Coaster (yeah, in this blog they might delete my post, but not the blog if I mention the competition)

While the Twister may not be as strong as some of the rides we have seen from Frontier, the Orbit Spinner sure did look as good as anything we have seen.

So I know we can't please all of the people all of the time, let us be thankful for the small things we do receive.

Trololiver
01-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Nice! Will there be a secont Beta??

dwwilkin
01-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Every time the Atari team has been queried about a 2nd Beta they have said there will be one.

Wabigbear
01-16-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm quite thankful for the small things...I just sometimes have to wonder that a game that was supposedly far enough along to have been released a month ago, if it weren't for the fixes to the Coaster Editor, only has small things worth showing...

ddrplaya4638
01-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I wonder the same thing too. My guess is that they are taking extra time refine and perfect everything before they release anything to the public.

RCTW1
01-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Thank you for the videos.
Sorry, but I'm kinda against a 2nd beta, mostly because a lot of people don't seem to respect what betas are for. Closed betas are fine, but not open betas.

ddrplaya4638
01-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Sorry, but I'm kinda against a 2nd beta, mostly because a lot of people don't seem to respect what betas are for. Closed betas are fine, but not open betas.

I agree alot of people took the beta to be the complete product when it was not. It caused alot of bad vibes to be associated with this game.

Wabigbear
01-16-2016, 04:43 PM
That's true (although I'd add that I think the bad vibes come from a lot of other things besides just the beta...), but Atari did market the pre-book offering several beta's, didn't they? If so I'd think canceling the second one is going to make some very unhappy campers...

SirDeFrance
01-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Hello to all the team of RollerCoaster Tycoon World and to all the fans! Moreover, I am certainly the biggest fan of the franchise RCT.

Sorry for my English language because I am French. I was anxious to thank Matthew LABUNKA, ATARI and NVIZZIO for the job(work) which they make on this game.

Know that I was very satisfied with the first beta in October. Graphs were well, the builder of roller coasters was great and everything else in whom we had access pleased me enormously.

I have a full confidence(trust) in this game. You would have been able to take(bring) out it on December 10th, that would have very well satisfied me.

I am disappointed by people who asked the piece by piece for the builder of roller coasters. What you proposed in the beta test was very well. Because of the grouches gamers, the team of NVIZZIO lost 2 working months for the elaboration of piece by piece.

I love Mattlab ! I love NVIZZIO ! I love RCTW !
I hate the faultfinders (= the grouchy players) who are never satisfied !!!

If you wait that everybody is satisfied for the release of this game, you will never bring out it because there is always who are not satisfied and who grumbles.

Do not wait, release it and you will see that people will be satisfied there having played it, and that most of people who cancelled them pre-ordered will eventually buy it.
The players have to become used to this new gameplay and for that we have to play it, so(thus) the game has to go out (release) !!!
I cannot it any more wait.

For the moment, RollerCoaster Tycoon World is great and it is widely up to the franchise RCT.

THANK YOU !!

Awaiting the real release of RCTW, big kisses to ATARI and NVIZZIO. Good luck...

Sir of France

SirDeFrance
01-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Deeply the release of RCTW.
This game is great, no need to make it more.
I have it pre-ordered since September.
I look forward to playing it.
Release now please !
Thanks.
Bye..
Sir of France

Varhaatus
01-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Deeply the release of RCTW.
This game is great, no need to make it more.
I have it pre-ordered since September.
I look forward to playing it.
Release now please !
Thanks.
Bye..
Sir of France

I don't know what game you played during the first beta.

Nice to see the videos as i didnt see them, for those that did i get the point about the blog ........ Though we are 2 months away from expected launch date and still nothing more on ... On anything really, the rides look nice but for me its the management side etc i like to spend most of my time zooms out

Not really seeing anything different ..... These flat rides should have been condensed into a summary blog and a proper blog wrote about management or other essential sides of the game. You can only polish a turd so much, lets hope your not wasting time applying Brasso.

lohansony
01-17-2016, 02:34 AM

Somebody is a little too salty. First of all, watch your language. You're not the king. Second of all, just because a competitor is spending more time on the social aspect doesn't necessarily mean that the game will be better. They will both be good games, and they will both have their own strengths and weaknesses. Also remember that frontier (as far as I know) has a much bigger team especially on the social/marketing side of things, and RCTW team has accomplished a great deal in the time given, considering how many times that they've had to change developers and almost completely start over. Get over yourself, and be supportive of improvements to the game rather than giving up and making others feel bad. If you really think you know theme park games better than they do, maybe try developing your own game.

lohansony
01-17-2016, 02:47 AM

Shame.

And I'm still bothered that the ride cycles start and end super fast! Instead of slowing and going through the motions to park the rides, they just go go go and then all the sudden they've come to a stop and the restraints open within about 2 seconds of the ride cycle being completed. They NEED to slow them down! Nobody would wait in line to ride a 10 second ride, and rides take more than 2 seconds to slow down to a stop and open the bars. Please, Matt, for me..... Make them slow down the start and end animations...!

lohansony
01-17-2016, 02:52 AM

I agree one hundred and ten percent. It's not Hay hard to see how real rides are. The only real research that needs to be done is the actual dimensions of the rides and such, which can usually be found on the manufacturers website.

Dream Master
01-17-2016, 04:23 AM

People Pre-Order the game with 2 beta in mind. SO you can't say that. They Should had more closed beta but they definitly need to give both beta. Otherwise why we even preorder?

Nupol
01-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Am i the only one who thinks it is really weird to let the arms lift first and then start spinning? And that the cars dont even swing?

even the Phoenix Twister from RCT3 got swingin cars after it starts spinning. I am sorry Mattlab but i really dont see the
incredibly realistic Twister ride

4thImpulse
01-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Am i the only one who thinks it is really weird to let the arms lift first and then start spinning? And that the cars dont even swing?

even the Phoenix Twister from RCT3 got swingin cars after it starts spinning. I am sorry Mattlab but i really dont see the

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqCdLflsjk

There it is, a real life troika that operates the same way RCTWs does.

dwwilkin
01-17-2016, 01:47 PM
For a second Beta (Demo) perhaps when the game is really steady (a handful of things that could lead to a crash) with a couple scenarios in it (not playable to Tycoon level) and a bunch or art assets not in the game. That way when we play it wouldnt crash so the user experience would get good marks/reviews and we wouldnt see all so there would still be surprises left when the game is released...

JoŽlNL
01-17-2016, 03:29 PM

You're not the only one. I find it a bit weird to. But it indeed seems to be based upon the YouTube video posted above. Though I find the real Troika ride a bit weird too. I would let the ride spin as soon as the ride starts, so the guests would not have to wait until the ride is at the right height before starting to spin.

Cr4z3d
01-17-2016, 05:42 PM

Oh ok, so some do operate like that, my apologies then, a few people had said so before, though my comment was partly sarcastic. I do like the Orbit Spinner, it's pretty original and creative, though I agree it definitely seems like it would be painful to ride irl, lol, unless maybe you padded the seats and the restraints too VERY well.

I think it would be a good idea to have the option of both operating modes in the final game, sort of like how you could switch between modes on certain rides in the old games.

JMR
01-17-2016, 07:11 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have the option of both operating modes in the final game, sort of like how you could switch between modes on certain rides in the old games.

I would love this! Perhaps you should create a new thread in the idea and feature requests forum (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Ideas-and-Feature-Requests). Title it "Choice of ride sequences" or something. :)

Cr4z3d
01-17-2016, 07:34 PM
I would love this! Perhaps you should create a new thread in the idea and feature requests forum (https://
forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Ideas-and-Feature-Requests). Title it "Choice of ride sequences" or something. :)

Hmm, maybe a good idea.

tobbeboy
01-17-2016, 08:41 PM
make the twister ride more like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B1v4N2mJS4 thats one of the best spining car atractions. it have very good theming to it . it plays 50/60 rock roll evry time it spins.

DoctorPelusa
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
make the twister ride more like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B1v4N2mJS4 thats one of the best spining car atractions. it have very good theming to it . it plays 50/60 rock roll evry time it spins.

That's a different ride, it's a Polyp Spinner (http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/product_references/2003/layoutdrafts/_resampled/ScaleWidthWyIzMDAiXQ-PL3Polyp01.png) (Gerstlauer), not a Troika (http://www.hussrides.com/sites/default/files/airboat-technic.jpg) (HUSS), the arms lifting also work differently...

darkhorizon
01-17-2016, 09:19 PM
I think the rides look good! I've always really liked the Troika model.

I wish these types of videos/reveals would have been posted a long time ago, though, but I guess later is better than never.

iDeanJ
01-18-2016, 12:56 AM
CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK...like telling people to shut up I suppose? Gotcha!

Glad I didn't have to spell it out for ya. :D

Nemmie
01-18-2016, 06:44 AM
Why didn't they premier the ride videos on the blog post and THEN post them on social media?
That way, we would actually have a blog with new content. It would have been exciting and fresh, rather than the usual re-hashed same old story of stuff we've already seen.
If they'd done this very easy and I think obvious move, there would be less negative feedback. It's just getting incredibly boring now how their approach to promoting the game is so consistently ill-advised and amateurish.

dwwilkin
01-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Maybe the pace for new content, whether here in the official announcements threads, or on social media will pick up.

Three in one week. We have never had three in one week before...

The Stig
01-19-2016, 07:50 PM
As we get closer to launch, we’ll be revealing many different parts of the game – including more rides! All of this will be further detailed in our upcoming blogs, streams, videos, and more! Content will be posted on a variety of channels including Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/OfficialRCT), our website (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/), and forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/).

Mattlab said this would happen. New content is going to start coming from places other than the devblogs.
It seems that the game has gotten to a stage where the team can "officially" start showing us a representation of the real game. I mean, have you seen this screenshot? https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12604951_978915822200589_6490751946200595026_o.jpg Exciting stuff!

ohptk
01-19-2016, 08:33 PM
Great looking rides & nice to see new rides. However, the ride time seems really short. Hope we can make them go a little longer, if the time isn't increased.

Cr4z3d
01-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Mattlab said this would happen. New content is going to start coming from places other than the devblogs.
It seems that the game has gotten to a stage where the team can "officially" start showing us a representation of the real game. I mean, have you seen this screenshot? https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12604951_978915822200589_6490751946200595026_o.jpg Exciting stuff!

Oh no I hadn't seen that yet, that's pretty cool, I like how colorful the graphics are so far. The peeps really do look like Sims though XD

JoŽlNL
01-20-2016, 07:45 AM

Woah! That looks very good! I'm honestly surprised! This is in fact going towards awesomeness imo!
Thanks for the link!

SparkyUK
01-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Something to think about on that reply: the longer the ride times, the less you cycle people through, and the less money you make per ride. At the same time, the rides that take less time can in turn cost less. This is more gameplay strategy, however. Also, I hope they include the option of a park entry fee and thus free rides, or a park entry fee and still have some premium things that cost extra (RCT1 and maybe RCT2 had one or the other always free).

This I'm sure will be in the game, it's kinda basic park management stuff.
Also, rides where you cycle more than once will mean a slower throughput of peeps, but at the same time, it also will likely have an outcome on the peep's perception and "review" of the ride. It doesn't always pay to be tight with the peep's value for money! :)

CycloneGU
01-20-2016, 12:43 PM
This I'm sure will be in the game, it's kinda basic park management stuff.
Also, rides where you cycle more than once will mean a slower throughput of peeps, but at the same time, it also will likely have an outcome on the peep's perception and "review" of the ride. It doesn't always pay to be tight with the peep's value for money! :)

Absolutely. It depends on the park manager and what they want.

SparkyUK
01-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I often remember RCT3 telling me people were complaining that a ride wasn't good value, or that there wasn't enough ice in the drinks! The management part is fun.

CycloneGU
01-20-2016, 01:06 PM
I often remember RCT3 telling me people were complaining that a ride wasn't good value, or that there wasn't enough ice in the drinks! The management part is fun.
I didn't really try to micromanage the food and drink stalls except to offer variety; I did offer a variety of hamburgers and cheeseburgers, for instance, with different ingredients. That might be cool to have again. But someone complaining about not enough ice in the drinks? Come on, it dilutes the flavour. :p

SparkyUK
01-20-2016, 02:20 PM
But someone complaining about not enough ice in the drinks? Come on, it dilutes the flavour. :p

My thoughts exactly! :)

Although I'd like to say I was preserving the quality of the Coke that I was selling, in fact it was more that it was a pain in the ass to adjust all the stalls with all the extra bits. One management page might have made that easier, but I didn't really get into it that much.

Pasiekacie
01-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Sad to say that I requested a refund on my preorder for this game today. I have been a loyal Tycoon player since AOL dial-up internet was a thing. I fully understand, and applaud, your desire to make fan requested and much needed changes to the game based on the first Beta. But let's be real....this won't be launched early 2016 and I feel like you're just teasing us with these updates. I want to believe that y'all are making progress, but it's beginning to feel like I paid for nothing. If/when the game releases, I'll likely purchase if the reviews are decent, but I'm no longer willing to have y'all hold my money for a few screen grabs of rides every now and then. We need something more concrete.

Cr4z3d
01-20-2016, 06:21 PM
My thoughts exactly! :)

Although I'd like to say I was preserving the quality of the Coke that I was selling, in fact it was more that it was a pain in the ass to adjust all the stalls with all the extra bits. One management page might have made that easier, but I didn't really get into it that much.

Why I just set all my shops to customer's choice in RCT3, which you CAN do.

The Stig
01-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Why I just set all my shops to customer's choice in RCT3, which you CAN do.

I always did that for ketchup and ice.

CycloneGU
01-21-2016, 04:57 AM
I always did that for ketchup and ice.
And yet customers later complained about the ice. :D

geoffersh
01-21-2016, 09:28 AM
Sad to say that I requested a refund on my preorder for this game today. I have been a loyal Tycoon player since AOL dial-up internet was a thing. I fully understand, and applaud, your desire to make fan requested and much needed changes to the game based on the first Beta. But let's be real....this won't be launched early 2016 and I feel like you're just teasing us with these updates. I want to believe that y'all are making progress, but it's beginning to feel like I paid for nothing. If/when the game releases, I'll likely purchase if the reviews are decent, but I'm no longer willing to have y'all hold my money for a few screen grabs of rides every now and then. We need something more concrete.

There is still a lot we haven't seen in this game. What about the peeps? Have they finished working on these, or maybe, have they started on these yet. There has been little or no mention about how the peeps all fit into the game. We have seen hardly anything about the landscaping tools and what they are capable of and to be honest if they are just going to enable a few hills to be raised and hollows, then they are no better than what RCT3 had to offer, Water that looks like a gel and no mention of how to create waterfalls. athis game is due to be released as finished in just over two months and it seems that there are a lot of problems with it. Why are the dev team not showing anything but rides, which are not what I would say, are any better than those from RCT3. I cancelled my pre-order quite a few weeks ago, because the game hasn't convinced me that it is going to be anywhere near as good as what Planet Coaster are working on. Already, Frontier are streets ahead of Atari with this game. They started in the right place, in getting the peeps up and running, before moving on to other parts of the game. We have seen some pretty awesome landscaping tools in their latest Dev Blog, and rides that look and perform correctly. Frontier are in constant touch with the community, answering questions and listening. But the icing on the cake, is that these guys know exactly what they are doing, they have the experience with this kind of game, because these are the guys who gave us RCT3, not Matlab and his team, who Atari brought on board for the third time to produce RCTW. Because Frontier decided to go it alone and they are proving that they are capable of giving the consumer what they want.
I will be very surprised if RCTW will be released before the end of April.

CycloneGU
01-21-2016, 02:41 PM
There is still a lot we haven't seen in this game. What about the peeps? Have they finished working on these, or maybe, have they started on these yet. There has been little or no mention about how the peeps all fit into the game.
The rest of your post lost my interest as it seems you have not paid attention to the "Happy Holidays" thread, the official "peep reveal" they used. Sure, it was just a picture of some peeps, but it means they have definitely started on those. The details of how they will operate in-game will probably be a complex discussion; we already know they will have food and drink preferences and such, and that alone is a new element.

geoffersh
01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Well maybe they have started on their peeps with a small group they showed on the "happy Holidays" thread, but that's only a snap shot. I just hope they get it right with these, as these are the backbone of the game for it to be a success.

Tendochop
01-21-2016, 08:51 PM

Hopes for option for both modes of operation.

I'm way more familiar with the spin first lift second operation.

Also what is up with the permissions on these forums this is the only thread I've been able to find that I can post to so far.....since Oct.

CycloneGU
01-22-2016, 02:21 AM
Also what is up with the permissions on these forums this is the only thread I've been able to find that I can post to so far.....since Oct.
I've never had permissions problems on any thread unless it's closed.

BNA210
01-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Hey, is the release date still gonna be
Early 2016?!
its almost feb and no word
on a actual release date,
really hope the release isnt pushed back again!

RCTW1
01-23-2016, 10:29 PM
Hey, is the release date still gonna be
Early 2016?!
its almost feb and no word
on a actual release date,
really hope the release isnt pushed back again!

Hopefully so, but if it's not ready, Oh Well! (I'm in no hurry)

Sawyer
01-24-2016, 02:25 PM
The mood seems to be shifting to a more positive outcome on these posts but not everyone is happy, not everyone will ever be happy. I have slated the game in previous posts but I have to admit the game is looking more promising now.

This picture really impressed me, they seem to have made the colours more vibrant and it really makes a difference!

Knobs
01-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Agree. Back on track.

JoŽlNL
01-24-2016, 08:02 PM
The mood seems to be shifting to a more positive outcome on these posts but not everyone is happy, not everyone will ever be happy. I have slated the game in previous posts but I have to admit the game is looking more promising now.

This picture really impressed me, they seem to have made the colours more vibrant and it really makes a difference!

I agree as well! I'm happy the mood is beginning to get back on track! The picture looks promising, with loads of eye-candy to be seen everywhere. Nvizzio is putting a lot of attention in smaller details, and thats great! :D

I'm really looking forward to videos of the management part, the guest AI and guest behavior.

dwwilkin
01-25-2016, 08:53 PM
Cyclone, maybe start a separate thread and a poll to see how may peep managers think it is critical

Thompso
01-25-2016, 09:34 PM
The rest of your post lost my interest as it seems you have not paid attention to the "Happy Holidays" thread, the official "peep reveal" they used. Sure, it was just a picture of some peeps, but it means they have definitely started on those. The details of how they will operate in-game will probably be a complex discussion; we already know they will have food and drink preferences and such, and that alone is a new element.

I think they maped out what peeps will LOOK like it's just a matter of giving them AI development and emotion as far as the way they walk and behave.

So far they seem as stiff as Sims 1

Lapuente
01-26-2016, 01:30 PM
meh... not really thaat cool

Sawyer
01-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Scratch the last about the mood.

JoŽlNL
01-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Scratch the last about the mood.

OK. True. :(

Hanazakari86
01-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Now ,, we don't know what are they up to after this disappearance!!! Muahahahaha :D

OTR24
01-28-2016, 06:31 AM
What we know based on news, live streams, and forum post.

There will be a demo of the game at PAX South

The devs are working on improving the flat rides based on your feedback.

The devs improved the lighting and polished all the flat rides.

The peeps are still being developed and will be revealed during the next stream.

The game was delayed because it wasn't ready and to improve the coaster builder.
I really don't have anything else to share.

geoffersh
01-28-2016, 07:56 AM
This is the problem. Atari & Nvizzio, never post anything on here. They just ignore all these questions, no wonder people are annoyed. Over on the other game forums, Frontier is in constant touch with the community, they listen and they respond. They have a huge fan base, because they care. All Atari care about is themselves.

Joe Android
01-28-2016, 08:05 AM
This is the problem. Atari & Nvizzio, never post anything on here. They just ignore all these questions, no wonder people are annoyed. Over on the other game forums, Frontier is in constant touch with the community, they listen and they respond. They have a huge fan base, because they care. All Atari care about is themselves.

Exact. If they are unable to talk and communicate with the fans, then don't expect to have good sales, because it gives me the feeling that most ideas of this forum, they haven't seen.

At the end of the day, who will buy the game will be the fans, and if the fans do not trust in the developers, is a problem.

geoffersh
01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Exact. If they are unable to talk and communicate with the fans, then don't expect to have good sales, because it gives me the feeling that most ideas of this forum, they haven't seen.

At the end of the day, who will buy the game will be the fans, and if the fans do not trust in the developers, is a problem.

This is the way I read Atari. They were the publishers of RCT3, which sold well over 10 million copies world wide. 10 years later, Atari decide to start on another Coaster Tycoon game, but this time, they don't have the experts on board, Frontier. Frontier are not now just developers of games they have also formed their own company, and are now giving us Planet Coaster.
Atari, after a rocky start, have now got Nvizzio building RCTW, who haven't got the experience of making a good Theme Park game, like Frontier has.

Because RCTW is being published by Atari, who gave us RCT3, doesn't mean that RCTW will be just as good, because Atari are behind it. Atari don't build games, they get people to do that for them, they just control the distribution and sales. Nvizzio are responsible for how the game is developed. Atari without Frontier on board, aren't going to make a success with RCTW, as they did with RCT3, but I think people just think because Atari is behind all this, it's going to be the best game of the two being developed.
Get real if you want the best game of the two, look who's developing it.

Are you going to go with Frontier, who built RCT3 who have the experience and know what people want to improve on this game.
Or do you go with Nvizzio, who have no real experience with RC/Theme Park games, at all
Forget Atari they don't build games, they are just the money behind it all, your money in fact.

Think of the game developers they are the people who matter.Don't let Atari fool you, because they are a well known publisher, that they are going to give you the best game. Nvizzio are under a lot of pressure from Atari, who want this game to be a success and this is what is pressurizing Nvizzio, who have Atari constantly looking over their shoulder. Under pressure isn't good. How can you put your heart and soul into something that should have been finished two months ago and is still no where near completion. Yes the fireworks are going off at Atari, because there reputation depends on the success of RCTW.

Frontier don't have any problems, they are quite happily developing their own new game, with no big publisher breathing down their neck, gaining respect from their fans on their forums and winning people over from Atari. All because they listen to the fans, they talk to the fans and they keep the fans up to date each week, as well as proper Dev Diaries.

Joe Android
01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
This is the way I read Atari. They were the publishers of RCT3, which sold well over 10 million copies world wide. 10 years later, Atari decide to start on another Coaster Tycoon game, but this time, they don't have the experts on board, Frontier. Frontier are not now just developers of games they have also formed their own company, and are now giving us Planet Coaster.
Atari, after a rocky start, have now got Nvizzio building RCTW, who haven't got the experience of making a good Theme Park game, like Frontier has.

Because RCTW is being published by Atari, who gave us RCT3, doesn't mean that RCTW will be just as good, because Atari are behind it. Atari don't build games, they get people to do that for them, they just control the distribution and sales. Nvizzio are responsible for how the game is developed. Atari without Frontier on board, aren't going to make a success with RCTW, as they did with RCT3, but I think people just think because Atari is behind all this, it's going to be the best game of the two being developed.
Get real if you want the best game of the two, look who's developing it.

Are you going to go with Frontier, who built RCT3 who have the experience and know what people want to improve on this game.
Or do you go with Nvizzio, who have no real experience with RC/Theme Park games, at all
Forget Atari they don't build games, they are just the money behind it all, your money in fact.

Think of the game developers they are the people who matter.Don't let Atari fool you, because they are a well known publisher, that they are going to give you the best game. Nvizzio are under a lot of pressure from Atari, who want this game to be a success and this is what is pressurizing Nvizzio, who have Atari constantly looking over their shoulder. Under pressure isn't good. How can you put your heart and soul into something that should have been finished two months ago and is still no where near completion. Yes the fireworks are going off at Atari, because there reputation depends on the success of RCTW.

Frontier don't have any problems, they are quite happily developing their own new game, with no big publisher breathing down their neck, gaining respect from their fans on their forums and winning people over from Atari. All because they listen to the fans, they talk to the fans and they keep the fans up to date each week, as well as proper Dev Diaries.

Honestly, I stopped trusting in Atari time ago, just seeing the historial of recent games that they made, one can see that Atari isn't what was before.

You only have to see games like RCT for Nintendo 3DS, RCT4 Mobile, Alone in the Dark... Atari called ''AAA'' those games, and they said it again with RCTW.

We could say they have a wrong concept of what have to be an AAA game, or maybe it's a marketing strategy, but that isn't lie the consumers?

Because they sell a game for 34$ or even 60$ when for 19$ I can have a game that offers many more possibilities and exceeds my expectations? Here we can see who has interest in money.

Sawyer
01-28-2016, 11:04 AM
they are quite happily developing their own new game, with no big publisher breathing down their neck, gaining respect from their fans on their forums and winning people over from Atari. All because they listen to the fans, they talk to the fans and they keep the fans up to date each week, as well as proper Dev Diaries.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've said it before and I'm sure I will say it again. RCT fans owe nothing to Atari and Nvizzio. They have to earn loyalty, it really grinds my gears when people say they are loyal to RCT, you are being loyal to nothing apart from a name! Accepting anything they throw at you is the worst thing to do because it let's them give us a terrible game and people accept it because of 'loyalty'!

We are loyal to Frontier and Chris Sawyer. Nvizzio have to earn it, the others had to and did.

___

I'm not bashing the game, I do think it can be good, the polished pictures are looking good, however I do think there might be some photoshop involved.

dwwilkin
01-28-2016, 11:48 AM
It is possible that a company could take apart and reconstruct a game, for instance Nvizzio taking apart RCT3 and giving us that game over again, with a few changes 10 years later on

But to be really effective as the 4th version of the franchise, major things have to be added. Not just a spline based coaster, or curved paths...

JoŽlNL
01-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I stopped trusting in Atari time ago, just seeing the historial of recent games that they made, one can see that Atari isn't what was before.

You only have to see games like RCT for Nintendo 3DS, RCT4 Mobile, Alone in the Dark... Atari called ''AAA'' those games, and they said it again with RCTW.

We could say they have a wrong concept of what have to be an AAA game, or maybe it's a marketing strategy, but that isn't lie the consumers?

Because they sell a game for 34$ or even 60$ when for 19$ I can have a game that offers many more possibilities and exceeds my expectations? Here we can see who has interest in money.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I've said it before and I'm sure I will say it again. RCT fans owe nothing to Atari and Nvizzio. They have to earn loyalty, it really grinds my gears when people say they are loyal to RCT, you are being loyal to nothing apart from a name! Accepting anything they throw at you is the worst thing to do because it let's them give us a terrible game and people accept it because of 'loyalty'!

We are loyal to Frontier and Chris Sawyer. Nvizzio have to earn it, the others had to and did.

___

I'm not bashing the game, I do think it can be good, the polished pictures are looking good, however I do think there might be some photoshop involved.

I fully agree with all of you. It's a sad thing really, but that's how it is.

A developer needs to earn loyalty, like you've said. Though I do wish Nvizzio well, I cannot go for something like this game. I had it preordered, but that was before I realized and learned about certain things.

I really would have bought the game. I really would. I've tried to remain positive, but one can only have so much before it ends. I hope the road continues ahead and I wish RollerCoaster Tycoon World to be a great game.

For me the light is gone. That's why my panda avatar is gone. I hope this post remains. All the best!

-

Add: I may return if RCTW is proven to be a worthy successor.

JoŽlNL
01-28-2016, 02:01 PM
It is possible that a company could take apart and reconstruct a game, for instance Nvizzio taking apart RCT3 and giving us that game over again, with a few changes 10 years later on

But to be really effective as the 4th version of the franchise, major things have to be added. Not just a spline based coaster, or curved paths...

If you mean that Nvizzio takes RCT3 apart literally, then probably not. RCT3 uses the Cobra Engine, designed and proprietary of Frontier. It is unlikely that Nvizzio will take RCT3 apart.

Any developer would need to reconstruct RCT3 entirely from scratch to make a new 'part 4', and use a new or common engine like Unity to develop upon that. One can use RCT3 as an example, but that's all I think.

shirty
01-28-2016, 03:33 PM

When I was studying for TIGA certification I learnt that the title of AAA is not something that a developer or a publisher can actually state or claim themselves. They can say they aim for it to be AAA but at the end of the day its the rest of the world that decides if something is AAA or not.
So technically yes, claiming a game will be AAA is kind of lying unless you own a time machine and have been to the future to check whether you gained AAA status or not. But if they actually said they aim or want to make it AAA then there is no lying involved just disappointment if it falls short of the AAA grade.
I personally can't be bothered to rummage through Ataris posts to see which they stated but TBH it wouldn't surprise me if they had confused what it means to be AAA.

JoŽlNL
01-28-2016, 03:40 PM
When I was studying for TIGA certification I learnt that the title of AAA is not something that a developer or a publisher can actually state or claim themselves. They can say they aim for it to be AAA but at the end of the day its the rest of the world that decides if something is AAA or not.
So technically yes, claiming a game will be AAA is kind of lying unless you own a time machine and have been to the future to check whether you gained AAA status or not. But if they actually said they aim or want to make it AAA then there is no lying involved just disappointment if it falls short of the AAA grade.

Maybe it is not a grade but a abbreviation of Awesome Amazing Atari? Then RCTW is really going to be an AAA-game! Or maybe not, I don't know. :)

CycloneGU
01-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Maybe it is not a grade but a abbreviation of Awesome Amazing Atari? Then RCTW is really going to be an AAA-game! Or maybe not, I don't know. :)
Amazingly Atrocious Advertising. :)

geoffersh
01-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Amazingly Atrocious Advertising. :)

Ha Ha got it in a nut shell! rotfl.

CycloneGU
01-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Ha Ha got it in a nut shell! rotfl.
Another option is "Astoundingly Abominable Aggrandizement".

dwwilkin
01-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Deconstruction, means to take a look at something and then to tear it apart. Wouldn't matter whose engine is being used.

If you want to deconstruct a car, you get your ratchet out and go. Then you can reconstruct it. In software terms, we see the Merry-Go-Round and how it turns about, the horses go up and down, a programmer begins to write code for that. Then code is written for everything else we see that RCT3, does. Then we decide we want no grid, we want to do curved paths, the code with the grid overlay is either not written, or taken out and the new free form placement code is inserted.

And if we have done this through 3 developers, one can understand that it just adds to the burden of getting the game done.To really make this be awarded kudos by the community though, it has to take the franchise forward beyond RCT3 and with significant additions.

JoŽlNL
01-28-2016, 08:28 PM
I was only trying to say Nvizzio can't take RCT3 apart as in software terms. They can study on how it works from the outside, but the engine of RCT3 is closed except for Frontier for as far as I know. They have no means to decompile it, know what everything is, change it, and put it back together. Only Frontier can do that, I think. But I'm not a software engineer, so I don't know for sure.

Concerning RCTW, I believe not much of the code created by Pipeworks, or maybe nothing at all, is currently present in RCTW anymore. I think that based upon the early screenshots of Pipeworks. Those look graphically very different compared to the latest screenshots of RCTW. Also because the trailer from Area 52 showed something completely different from Pipeworks, yet that trailer should have looked at least the same, or better than Pipeworks, but it didn't. Something happened at that change of developer.

I'm happy the latest screenshots of RCTW look wonderful! The team at Nvizzio has done a great job at creating the visuals of the game! I love the details of the rides, all of those beautiful lights, and the amount of scenery (scrubs, bushes, trees, flowers) that can be used to make beautiful themeparks! :)
Nvizzio sure is putting an amazing amount of effort into this game!

Coasterfan
01-29-2016, 08:14 AM
Just 2 flatrides?

CycloneGU
01-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Just 2 flatrides?
Just admit it, you are in awe.

Hanazakari86
01-30-2016, 04:27 PM
so why have they canceled the stream ??

CycloneGU
01-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Because we're still in awe from last time, I'd suggest.

geoffersh
01-30-2016, 06:00 PM
They have certainly lost a lot with this cock up!

Barracuda
02-01-2016, 03:09 AM
mmmh tbh I am getting a bit nervous.. We are in february now and no new solid news since ~1.5 months now... What happened? Do they realize that they cant bring it? Is it Planet Coaster which already looks 10 times better and is still far away from alpha state?

Anyway I really hope they will bring the game to success

CycloneGU
02-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Blog posts by month since July 2015:

July: 3
August: 2
September: 3
October: 4 (including beta announcement)
November: 4
December: 2
January: 1

I am not liking this trend.

Scott97
02-01-2016, 04:47 AM
Blog posts by month since July 2015:

July: 3
August: 2
September: 3
October: 4 (including beta announcement)
November: 4
December: 2
January: 1

I am not liking this trend.

A lot of those "Dev blogs" have been nothing really though haven't they. They say they're gearing up for some big reveals so let's just hope they are I guess! The lack of information really is crap but we've just got to do what we've got to do really haven't we:(

geoffersh
02-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Maybe they should just admit defeat and call it a day. Frontier has had a flood of new members since the announcement of their last blog. Atari don't know how to communicate and keep in touch with this forum. Saying nothing smells a rat, because if everything was fine and dandy, they would be putting out some video blogs like Frontier do, There next blog will probably announce another delay, and as soon as Frontier release their Alpha next month, everyone who has bought it will be blown away with it and will forget Atari ever existed. And all because of bad publicity, and getting their act together. They really don't deserve any credit. But one has to give them one more last chance. If they cock up again, I'm afraid it's curtains for RCTW.

SparkyUK
02-01-2016, 07:46 AM
I think it's pretty silly saying to call it a day.
We need to keep it in perspective - all we've seen of what Frontier are currently working on is a bunch of renders. We've yet to see any actual game play, in a finished or even beta state, where there could be as many issues. Let's not forget, RCT3 was far from perfect and crashed a lot and had terrible performance on many system setups. It took a few updates and some DLC to sort it out. I work in software development and you often have to code up non-working demos to display, which can look like the product is near-finished, but it's not. Once you make the game stand on it's own, it shows its true colours. We've no idea how PC is going to fare here, so we cannot draw comparisons.

Atari aren't as big on marketing as Frontier appear to be, but that doesn't mean they should just shut off the lights and go home. Frontier could end up with a massive PR nightmare if their game doesn't live up to the hype they're generating. It's a dangerous game to play.

I've pre-ordered both, and I look forward to both launching. It's win-win for the gamers. Both look very different, but let's be supportive, not negative.

geoffersh
02-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Yes but when Frontier release the Alpha next month, no one is expecting it to be anywhere near perfect, it will have faults and bugs, but that is the whole idea of the exercise. This is the best way of finding out, like Atari did with their 1st Beta. But instead of just allowing those that had it, play for one weekend, Frontier's will be ongoing up until final release. Getting feedback from the community, listening and acting. This has been Atari's downfall, they just don't take their customers on board, they just ignore everyone as though they don't matter. That is no way to treat your customers. I really do wish them well, but in a way, they are showing a funny way of going about it. Lack of information about a product is a company's worst enemy If you want something to be successful, you have to make sure that your product is going to stand out more than anyone else's and Atari are not doing this. I was all hyped up when RCTW was announced lake everyone else, but there have been nothing but problem after problem for well over twelve months now and we are still not any nearer completion than it was in October when it was delayed. It's not relly good enough, people have paid a lot of money up front for this product and it is still going through difficulty, is it any wonder people get annoyed, They have had enough chances and time to get it good.

SparkyUK
02-01-2016, 08:54 AM
You should try waiting for a game from Blizzard or Rockstar. You'll know what delays and disappointment can be like.
But your other post, you make reference to the quality of the game from Frontier.

and as soon as Frontier release their Alpha next month, everyone who has bought it will be blown away with it

My point on this is that we don't know how the game will operate, so you can't say people will be blown away. Let's wait and see. Frontier may be good at marketing, but I remember how painful RCT3 was initially. And that was at game-launch, not beta. This is why I said it can be dangerous to hype up your customers like Frontier are doing.
Personally, I hope both games do well. I believe there is room for both.

Sawyer
02-01-2016, 10:31 AM
but I remember how painful RCT3 was initially.

I can't even start to express how much I disagree with you on that statement.

However, I do agree that there is room for both, but the fact people are being banned for talking about it if really something quite low.

SparkyUK
02-01-2016, 10:35 AM
I can't even start to express how much I disagree with you on that statement.

So you're saying everyone had the same PC setup as you?
Most of the users I knew, had issues with getting a smooth game out of it until Patch 3 was released.

geoffersh
02-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Well let's just wait and see, but for the amount of time Atari has had in getting their game out, they should have sorted it out long ago. They are twelve months ahead of Frontier with their game and they have manage to do much more so far. And may I add, keeping everyone up to date with how the game is progressing. I have no wish to be negative about Atari, because I want to see them produce a decent game, but they are showing a funny way of presenting it to the public, with nothing but bad news and delays, when they should have reached the release stage by now. I give credit where it is due and Atari has been such a let down so far, they really don't deserve the credit Frontier are getting.

SparkyUK
02-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Well let's just wait and see, but for the amount of time Atari has had in getting their game out, they should have sorted it out long ago. They are twelve months ahead of Frontier with their game and they have manage to do much more so far. And may I add, keeping everyone up to date with how the game is progressing. I have no wish to be negative about Atari, because I want to see them produce a decent game, but they are showing a funny way of presenting it to the public, with nothing but bad news and delays, when they should have reached the release stage by now. I give credit where it is due and Atari has been such a let down so far, they really don't deserve the credit Frontier are getting.

It was always going to be different with two changes of developers, though. Frontier haven't had that disruption.

geoffersh
02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
It was always going to be different with two changes of developers, though. Frontier haven't had that disruption.

Agreed, but that's no excuse for bad publicity and keeping the fans informed, is not doing any favours for Atari. That is the main difference I am complaining about, lack of information and bad public relations, not the game itself, because they are both different in their own style. It's natural that you are going to be attracted to a product that you know more about, than something that you know very little.
If Atari had presented RCTW with dev blogs like Frontier, during the last few months, then we would have a better idea of what it is looking like. But nothing has been shown since the last Beta videos except a few glossed over screenshots and a few video clips of some of the flat rides. How can you judge them to be attractive compared to Frontiers publicity material.
I am not defending Frontier, I am just pointing out the differences, of publicity, because bad PR doesn't get sales at the end of the day.

CycloneGU
02-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Atari is doing awful in communicating with the users. That is the thing they need to fix. Weekly updates. Answer some questions. These are important things.

Hanazakari86
02-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Maybe they want to save this time fixing that major bug if seen or they are fixing the animation of that ride
We will wait until the next weekend and see what happens

And by the way , many games have been delayed not just RCTW!!!
Uncharted--> still being delayed
Until dawn
The evil within
So just give them some time!!!

CycloneGU
02-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Maybe they want to save this time fixing that major bug if seen or they are fixing the animation of that ride
We will wait until the next weekend and see what happens

And by the way , many games have been delayed not just RCTW!!!
Uncharted--> still being delayed
Until dawn
The evil within
So just give them some time!!!
It's not delays that bother me. It's lack of communication.

JoŽlNL
02-02-2016, 09:10 AM

Exactly. Atari can delay the game, I have no problems with that. The important thing is, that RCTW will become a great game! That's what everyone wants in the end. At least I do, and I think a lot of other people too.

The problem that most of us have, is the lack of communication. That lack of communication leads to guessing, amongst other things. Guessing about why communication is in fact so bad.

Is Atari really building up a big surprise? I really hope so! That would be great, at least if it means RCTW will be the AAA-grade game we have been told to get early 2016.
Or are there problems that we are supposed to know nothing about?

I still hope for RCTW to be a great game! Though my faith is gone, it can be restored with proper communication. Now that would be great! :)

geoffersh
02-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Well I am holding my breath about this game. They are too quiet about it. If they had a game that was very much improved they would be on here shouting about it, but still there is nothing. Something that Atari are very good at "Telling You Nothing"

Frontier not only keeps us up to date, but when they do, they surprise everyone with something new, something that no one was expected, to be in the game, which has created a lot of WOW factors amongst its community. This is the success are creating. They are giving constant updates and you never see anything negative when they do show it. They spend time on their creations, to make sure it is good enough for public showing. They don't show a ride that is running too fast, or in the wrong sequence, all the rides and coasters that have been shown in their dev videos have looked to be working correctly.

I have said it before many times and I will still keep saying it. When Atari put their cards on the table and show us their hand how good it is. I will start to believe in them again. Just show us something positive, tell us something. Don't just ignore everyone like you have always done.
I want this game to be a success, as much as everyone else does, because competition keeps both game producers on their toes. But the way things are at the moment, Frontier is way out in front.

So Matlab, if you want RCTW to be a success, then get on these forums on a regular basis, not every blue moon and show something, say something, instead of just ignoring everyone. Just something to WOW would be a good start. Until you do start thinking of the community, you are going to loose a lot more fans than you have already. Because people can only take so much.
Now come on, get your finger out and start thinking about the people that matter, US,the community, the people who want this game to be the great game that you keep saying it is going to be. If it is, then show us some proof.

JoŽlNL
02-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Well I am holding my breath about this game.

Me too...

I have said it before many times and I will still keep saying it. When Atari put their cards on the table and show us their hand how good it is. I will start to believe in them again. Just show us something positive, tell us something. Don't just ignore everyone like you have always done.
I want this game to be a success, as much as everyone else does, because competition keeps both game producers on their toes. But the way things are at the moment, Frontier is way out in front.

So Matlab, if you want RCTW to be a success, then get on these forums on a regular basis, not every blue moon and show something, say something, instead of just ignoring everyone. Just something to WOW would be a good start. Until you do start thinking of the community, you are going to loose a lot more fans than you have already. Because people can only take so much.
Now come on, get your finger out and start thinking about the people that matter, US,the community, the people who want this game to be the great game that you keep saying it is going to be. If it is, then show us some proof.

^ this. I fully agree with every word of it.

Please, Atari?
I'm begging now...

Hanazakari86
02-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Well I am holding my breath about this game. They are too quiet about it. If they had a game that was very much improved they would be on here shouting about it, but still there is nothing. Something that Atari are very good at "Telling You Nothing"

Frontier not only keeps us up to date, but when they do, they surprise everyone with something new, something that no one was expected, to be in the game, which has created a lot of WOW factors amongst its community. This is the success are creating. They are giving constant updates and you never see anything negative when they do show it. They spend time on their creations, to make sure it is good enough for public showing. They don't show a ride that is running too fast, or in the wrong sequence, all the rides and coasters that have been shown in their dev videos have looked to be working correctly.

This is so amazing
I really loved your words!!

NickJavs
02-03-2016, 01:59 AM
Pffff. They could cease contact for months. If the game is that good you will all buy it anyway. They know this.

Demands of constant updates fuelled by a millennial impatience inherent in today's generation is not going to help. Sit back, relax, when it's ready, it's ready.

They are reading the forums, no doubt trying to correct the wrongs of the game so far. That is all they really need to do.

Sawyer
02-03-2016, 09:07 AM
So you're saying everyone had the same PC setup as you?
Most of the users I knew, had issues with getting a smooth game out of it until Patch 3 was released.

I never said that. I know I was running it on a average PC at launch and didn't experience issues as dramatic as you say.

Demands of constant updates fuelled by a millennial impatience inherent in today's generation is not going to help. Sit back, relax, when it's ready, it's ready.

They have taken £44.99 from me and we hardly get updates and a promise of 2 BETAS. I'm not being funny here but a few days ago Mattlab replied to a post from me saying certain features were added when I asked what I felt it needed and it was great he replied, but I also asked about the beta and it was ignored, so...

I'm sorry but sitting back and relaxing isn't something I think needs to be done as, like I said, I have put my money into a product with an increasingly seeming false sales promise.

If we would have sat back and done nothing we would have had the game released that was just, wrong (BETA 1 type).

Wabigbear
02-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Actually, it's Atari that has repeatedly told us how important communication is and has several times made promises to do a better job at it. At least twice we were introduced to new 'community managers'...only to pretty much never hear from them again. We quite often hear from them when they want something...like our pre-orders, or when making excuses for something...like the reveal trailer. For a game that was supposed to be released two months ago now, it's to be expected that people would be questioning the status, especially when many of them already paid for the game.

I'll be 60 years old this year. It has NOTHING to do with "millennial impatience inherent in today's generation", and much more to do with expectations of a customer being sold a product. "Sit back, relax, when it's ready, it's ready" doesn't work when waiting for the cable guy to show up, nor when I'm making a purchase at the mall , so why should it work here?

Wobbly
02-03-2016, 10:58 AM
The videos like nice, hardly a reveal video though when only showing 2 rides.

So what about the actual gameplay? The management system? Scenarios, Campaigns? We're in Feb now, almost 2 months in to the 3 month extension, but we have no real idea about how the game will be played.

Building coasters and designing is cool, but when you're done being creative, you need to manage. Or in fact, be able to manage, before finishing the rest of the park. Not everyone really likes to play sandbox with unlimited money.

geoffersh
02-03-2016, 11:21 AM
The whole issue is out of order as far as I'm concerned. I have never known anything like this with a game. We are no nearer now than we were after the first Beta. No word of a second Beta and a release date less than 6 weeks away. So what the hell is going on. Matlab, Atari is anyone there?

Hanazakari86
02-03-2016, 11:16 PM
They have shown a new photo on Facebook!!

CycloneGU
02-06-2016, 01:45 AM
I'd just like another blog, like, now.

Hanazakari86
02-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Yeah me too, Iam bored I wanna hear a refreshing NEWS!!!!!

cheeky chappie
02-07-2016, 12:41 AM
sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread (haven't read all pages tbh) but the disappointing thing for me remains ride dynamics. I'm referring to the ride cycle, stop > accelerate > top speed > decelerate > stop. Okay I appreciate it can't perhaps be 100% real as some players (especially youngsters) might not have the patience to watch a ride in real time. So I accept the accelerate and decelerate elements may need to be compressed time wise. However it's the top speeds that get me. Taking the example of the Troika ride, if you watch these online the average time it takes for a full rotation is 7-8 secs. On the game this is around 4.5-5 secs. I know it seems petty but, for me, I'd like to see all rides in a more realistic light when it comes to top speed.

The same is true of coasters and my fear is the other game seems to be in the same vain. Again, maybe it's felt they need to be faster than real life so as to be more exciting on-screen, but to me it takes something away from the whole game experience.

Not sure if I'm in a minority?

Barracuda
02-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Still no news.. Many people preordered nearly half year ago.. What we got? A beta weekend with a game thats more alpha then everything else and since then.. nothing... Is that how you deal with paying customers?

michael_leahy
02-08-2016, 11:58 AM
ROLLER COASTER 1 score 90:D ROLLER COASTER 2 score 8.5:o ROLLER COASTER 3 Frontier Developments score 9.5:cool: ROLLER COASTER WORLD NVIZZIO Developments score 3.5 :mad: RCTW NO

geoffersh
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
ROLLER COASTER 1 score 90:D ROLLER COASTER 2 score 8.5:o ROLLER COASTER 3 score 9.5:cool: Frontier Developments ROLLER COASTER WORLD NVIZZIO Developments score 3.5 :mad:

PLANET COASTER so far, score 10 Frontier Developments.

Big_Boy
02-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Well i hope we get some news this week. now it is getting a bit time for more news :o.

michael_leahy
02-09-2016, 04:27 AM
ROLLER COASTER 1 2 3 score AAAAA ROLLER COASTER WORLD score A :mad::mad::mad::mad:

CycloneGU
02-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Mattlab, where in puck are you? (Yes, I said "puck".)

Carbor
02-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Mattlab, we need you! Planet Coaster is too big at this time!!

Philmon11
02-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Atari doesn't care about the RCT franchise. They're just trying to squeeze the money out. Stick to 1 2 and 3... not "world"

joeybolufe
02-09-2016, 06:49 PM
lmao i havent been on the forums in months. I check to see whats up with the game and it seems like all hell has broke loose haha good luck Nvizzio and Atari but man what a horrible job of PR and Development management.

Philmon11
02-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Welcome back to game development hell! No communication for weeks about anything!!!

epos3004
02-10-2016, 05:04 AM
It is really frustrating what is happening here.

geoffersh
02-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Nothing as usual. What else did you expect!

epos3004
02-10-2016, 02:14 PM
Well... there have been at least some replies a few months ago... it's completely frustrating that all communication has come to an end.

SparkyUK
02-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Well... there have been at least some replies a few months ago... it's completely frustrating that all communication has come to an end.

A few months ago?
This thread was created on the 15th of Jan. 20 working days ago.

epos3004
02-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Oh sorry: I am talking of this forum in general - not only this thread.

Achronite
02-11-2016, 04:49 PM
:tumbleweed:

Lettuce
02-11-2016, 07:27 PM
I know this is a little late to point out, (and I'm sure someone already has) but in the orbit spinner video, we can see some guests walking at around 10 seconds in and the ride operator waving to the riders at the end. If you look closely, the animations look really good. They look realistic and not choppy at all like the old place holders.

JoŽlNL
02-12-2016, 01:16 PM
I know this is a little late to point out, (and I'm sure someone already has) but in the orbit spinner video, we can see some guests walking at around 10 seconds in and the ride operator waving to the riders at the end. If you look closely, the animations look really good. They look realistic and not choppy at all like the old place holders.

Yes, I saw that too. It looks very nice.

Hanazakari86
02-13-2016, 12:33 AM
Matlab!!!Where are you?? If you still here , please give us a sign!!

CycloneGU
02-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Matlab!!!Where are you?? If you still here , please give us a sign!!

Mattlab, the mothership requests communication. Please give signal.

Unless of course you were fired for doing a bad job and your successor has chosen to be an idiot and not communicate with the fans. There is that possibility. But I doubt that's actually happened. You were after all found in a thread talking about box art three days ago.

dyoung1160
02-15-2016, 09:30 PM
How do I get a refund? I paid all that extra for some beta testing and I haven't got any since November... I will just buy the game when it comes out next year...

michael_leahy
02-15-2016, 10:10 PM
rollercoaster tycoon world release date 1Q 2016 rollercoaster tycoon world release date next year 2017 :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Beta testing PARKITER Version BETA Pre-Alpha 7 rollercoaster tycoon world Beta testing Open Version Pre-Alpha 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 A B C D

JHouston
02-16-2016, 06:06 AM
Happy April fools day everyone, I know it's early but Atari seem to be doing some jokes too. Like waiting a month for a Dev blog update.

Barracuda
02-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Anybody bought this game @ nuuvem and already got successfully a refund? I am not willing to support this anymore.. I had really hopes, but I cant see any progress in the past 3 months!

Big_Boy
02-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Lets us hope we get a blog today ... cause it has been 6 day's now until the last post did by mattlab.

DonSPa
02-16-2016, 01:01 PM
didnt he say the last time he was online he was working on a blog??i know its been a while since he said it ,must be a big one lol

Big_Boy
02-16-2016, 02:00 PM
A Verry big one :). lol or he types 1 word a day :p

CycloneGU
02-16-2016, 03:18 PM
A Verry big one :). lol or he types 1 word a day :p

Maybe he still thinks we're in awe at the last one.

Marvin
02-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Maybe he still thinks we're in awe at the last one.

I'm still in awe that they haven't learned from their mistakes yet.

CycloneGU
02-16-2016, 05:24 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7209/6822209360_a7abde6db8_b.jpg

Silvarret
02-18-2016, 05:02 AM

They may not be mistakes, but just part of a business plan from higher up. ;)

WoodenCode
02-18-2016, 11:42 AM
there is an release date found. If you go to rollercoaste tycoon world deluxe edition you'll see that the date has changed to 29 mar. 20162905

SparkyUK
02-18-2016, 12:26 PM
there is an release date found. If you go to rollercoaste tycoon world deluxe edition you'll see that the date has changed to 29 mar. 20162905

I'd not read into that. It's been mentioned many times it's just a place-holder date.

CycloneGU
02-18-2016, 12:41 PM
They may not be mistakes, but just part of a business plan from higher up. ;)
Something which is often referred to as a "mistake".

michael_leahy
02-18-2016, 09:22 PM
rollercoaster tycoon world confire release date from ATARI :mad::mad::mad::mad:

sam_93
02-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Mattlab, the new screenshots are looking amazing.

Is there any chance in the near future we could get a sneak-peak of Scenario/Campaign mode? I prefer that aspect of the game so would love to see what some of the pre-made parks have to offer. :)

michael_leahy
02-21-2016, 10:06 PM
RCW Flat Rides Customise colors Not Used RCW That's what I heard YES NO :confused::confused::confused::confused:

CycloneGU
02-22-2016, 03:35 AM
Mattlab, the new screenshots are looking amazing.

Is there any chance in the near future we could get a sneak-peak of Scenario/Campaign mode? I prefer that aspect of the game so would love to see what some of the pre-made parks have to offer. :)

Technically they're a month old now.