PDA

View Full Version : Queues?

cylon
01-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Is there a trick to making the queue lines?

I've built the Queue Center building, the entrance and exit on my ride. But when I go to place the actual queue line, the little entrance banner doesn't come up, the fencing isn't complete, and the little visitors don't know it's a queue. Please help?

ColinSoup
01-08-2016, 09:01 PM
I have the same issue. Doesn't seem to be a way to fix it ourselves, we just have to wait for those "quality of life" fixes to come down the pipeline from the devs. Peeps seem to get in line correctly for the most part (yes they get stuck if the queue line isn't made to "their liking", this can be fixed by not letting the queue lines run next to each other at the base of the ride, they seem to line jump if this is the case), but I agree the lack of proper fencing around the queues, and no entrance banner is annoying.

I coulda sworn the first few days after they added queue lines, they had the entrance banner working properly, but now I can't get it to show up. My regular walking paths also won't actually connect to the queue path, so that seems like it has something to do with it.

cylon
01-09-2016, 11:08 AM
My regular walking paths also won't actually connect to the queue path, so that seems like it has something to do with it.

Me neither, I forgot to mention that! Alright, thank you for replying — good to know I'm not just doing something wrong :)

Lnrosy2000
01-12-2016, 05:30 PM
I don't understand how the queue lines work? Do you have to have them? What is the queue center for?

ColinSoup
01-12-2016, 08:53 PM
I don't understand how the queue lines work? Do you have to have them? What is the queue center for?

You do not HAVE to add them. Most people only add queue lines to their rollercoaster, not their amusement rides. The queue lines add to the excitement rating of your park. However, if you build a queue line too short and your guest's fill the line, it can reduce your park excitement rating.

At first I thought you had to somehow connect your queue lines to the Queue Line Center (QLC), but this is not the case. The QLC is just a building that must be built to unlock the ability to place an entrance and exit, as well as the actual queue line itself to the ride. You can place the QLC anywhere in your park, even off in the corner where no one has access.

Hope this helps.