PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Happy Holidays!

Mattlab
12-23-2015, 04:40 PM
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Holiday-Peeps.jpg

The Peeps from Team RCTW wish you Happy Holidays and an awesome New Year!

Big_Boy
12-23-2015, 05:21 PM
The same to the team :).

The Stig
12-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Happy Holidays, everyone :)

JoŽlNL
12-23-2015, 05:33 PM
I wish Team RCTW and everyone Wonderful Holidays and an Amazing New Year! :D

Nice to see some peeps and a beautiful mascot! :)

dany191s
12-23-2015, 05:40 PM
happy holidays everyone !!!
merry christmas from France !!

Helena
12-23-2015, 05:50 PM
God Jul from Sweden!

Prody67
12-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Merry Christmas from the United Kingdom. Happy holidays!!

JMR
12-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Merry Christmas from Wales. Love those peeps. Thanks for working hard over the holidays, Team RCTW!

svensonic1
12-23-2015, 06:28 PM
They look better than I expected.
If you will give them the animations like the concurrent has I think I can safely say Rollercoaster Tycoon World is worth its title.

DonSPa
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
merry christmas everyone and to the atari and nvizzios teams

magicart87
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
A Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Paul_Boland
12-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas from a very wet and windy Ireland. Looking forward to 2016!!

shirty
12-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Merry Christmas to the RCTW team & everybody on the forum and all the best for new year!!!
If you don't celebrate Christmas have a good day anyway :D

snowyday
12-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Wow the peeps look awesome can't wait to play this game and test it in the second beta test. Merry Christmas from Spain and Happy New Year

rct123world
12-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

jerseygrrll
12-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

dyoung1160
12-23-2015, 10:57 PM
When is BETA 2 weekend? I was hoping it would be this weekend for Christmas... with a few extra days :D

warcat61
12-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year

Pluffiz
12-24-2015, 03:52 AM
Merry christmas and a happy new year from Sweden! :P

MaikuSolis
12-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Merry christmas and a happy new year! I look forward towards the developments that will be made in 2016! Love the peeps in the picture. :)

JSkorzec
12-24-2015, 08:33 AM
Merry Christmas from Germany :)

coasterking
12-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Feliz Navidad!

spritefan10
12-24-2015, 05:58 PM
These announcements feel emptier and emptier the more MattLab makes. I don't even think this is even can be considered an announcement considering that every other website I go to says the same exact same thing. I appreciate Christmas as much as the next guy but why couldn't Mattlab just have used this opportunity to answer all of the questions found in pretty much every thread out there?

WHEN IS THE NEXT BETA?
WHEN WILL WE BE SHOWN THE NEW FEATURES YOU'VE SPENT ALL THIS TIME WORKING ON?
WHY ARE YOU SO RESTRICTIVE ON BETA TIME?
WHY ARE YOU BEING SO SILENT?

Seriously this is getting so annoying, it is such a shame that I used to look up to Atari and now I'm being given a reason to look other places.

The Stig
12-24-2015, 06:37 PM
A look at the peeps was a nice gift :)

magicart87
12-24-2015, 06:46 PM
These announcements feel emptier and emptier the more MattLab makes. I don't even think this is even can be considered an announcement considering that every other website I go to says the same exact same thing. I appreciate Christmas as much as the next guy but why couldn't Mattlab just have used this opportunity to answer all of the questions found in pretty much every thread out there?

This isn't a devblog. It's a friendly greeting of well wishes to our RCT fandom from Atari and Nvizzio Co. They'll be more developer blogs and content reveals soon. Why not take a break and enjoy the holidays. It's time for family togetherness, stuffing our faces with food and sharing gifts and joy to others.

Atari's little greeting revealed plenty. Their gift to us - a Peep teaser. They'll be more to come.

Have a Happy Holidays!

spritefan10
12-24-2015, 06:48 PM
This isn't a devblog. It's a friendly greeting of well wishes to our RCT fandom from Atari and Nvizzio Co. They'll be more developer blogs and content reveals soon. Why not take a break and enjoy the holidays. It's time for family togetherness, stuffing our faces with food and sharing gifts and joy to others.

Atari's little greeting revealed plenty. Their gift to us - a Peep teaser. They'll be more to come.

Have a Happy Holidays!

Planet coaster revealed their peeps on day 1 yet we had to wait till days after the INTENDED RELEASE of RCTW just to see them. That's only more reason to frown upon this. When I buy a carton of eggs, I don't just grab them, pay the cashier, and take them home. I look inside the box and see if any are broken. This game is like having security guards around the super market to make sure you don't take a peek to see if the eggs are broken or not.

shirty
12-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Planet coaster revealed their peeps on day 1 yet we had to wait till days after the INTENDED RELEASE of RCTW just to see them. That's only more reason to frown upon this. When I buy a carton of eggs, I don't just grab them, pay the cashier, and take them home. I look inside the box and see if any are broken. This game is like having security guards around the super market to make sure you don't take a peek to see if the eggs are broken or not.

Having a rant about being given a Christmas card?
Try and find yourself some chrimbo spirit, when you find it have a swig, get merry and be happy.

dwwilkin
12-24-2015, 07:58 PM
HeHe He Merry Christmas, I mean Ho Ho Ho...

JoŽlNL
12-24-2015, 08:54 PM
I too find the peep Christmas card a nice gift. Thank you Mattlab!

I know it can be difficult, and there seems to be not so much appreciation at the moment, and a lot of negativity (I know why and I concur), and you may not be allowed by Atari to communicate with us how we would like it to see, but I would like to make it clear once again that I do wish you the very best.

You deserve some appreciation! Thank you again Mattlab!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! :D

Nemmie
12-24-2015, 10:10 PM
I would like to say Happy Christmas to everyone. As a Brit, I wanna make it clear that I'm not wishing anyone the vile, empty greeting of Happy Holidays, (trying not to be sick in my mouth) but absolutely saying Happy Christmas, what with it being Christmas and all that.
On this vein, in the summer, should I say, Happy Holidays or Happy 4th of July?
Sorry for the rant but as someone who likes to say it how it is and doesn't like bulls##t, I find this and the Coke ad really offensive.
As a disclaimer, I've Just got back from the pub on Christmas Eve after a few beers with my amazing friends who really bring home what It really means. It's Christmas. Let's just call apples apples and oranges oranges guys. Bet you all think I'm an awful human being lol.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS! xxxxx

DonSPa
12-24-2015, 11:59 PM
spritefan will be visited by 3 ghosts the first to appear at midnight

spritefan10
12-25-2015, 12:17 AM
spritefan will be visited by 3 ghosts the first to appear at midnight

I celebrate Christmas like everyone else. Even though I'm not really the most religious person, I gave away about $200-300 worth of gifts this Christmas to my inner family. For someone who works minimum wage, that's incredible. Christmas spirit set aside, I am sure everyone else here agrees with me when I say MattLab is being as silent as possible and did not take this perfect opportunity to make a decent announcement to give us the important information we've been waiting for. Also, Christmas is mutually exclusive to my point, it has literally nothing to do with my rant.

I am not hating on Christmas, I am upset by how poorly Atari is handling this game and how empty these announcements are. Everyone deserves the right to say their own opinion and express how they feel upon it.

shirty
12-25-2015, 09:33 AM
I am not hating on Christmas, I am upset by how poorly Atari is handling this game and how empty these announcements are. Everyone deserves the right to say their own opinion and express how they feel upon it.

yea you can have an opinion but your opinion is that a simple Christmas greeting to everyone should have contained game information and that seems very critical and somewhat unfair.
I too want to know more but this was never a dev blog it was just a greeting card and should be treated as one.
Everyone deserves a few days away from work at this time of year, lets allow Mattlab and all involved in RCTW a chance to just announce their Christmas wishes to us all without dragging the games content into the subject.

Time to get drunk and fat:o
Merry Christmas everybody :D

Ps. nemmie I'm also a Brit and I fully agree with you

Silvarret
12-25-2015, 09:47 AM
I celebrate Christmas like everyone else. Even though I'm not really the most religious person, I gave away about $200-300 worth of gifts this Christmas to my inner family. For someone who works minimum wage, that's incredible. Christmas spirit set aside, I am sure everyone else here agrees with me when I say MattLab is being as silent as possible and did not take this perfect opportunity to make a decent announcement to give us the important information we've been waiting for. Also, Christmas is mutually exclusive to my point, it has literally nothing to do with my rant.

Most people are upset by Atari's ways of communicating, and I agree. Posting about it on this thread is just a bit salty, imo - there are better places to do so.

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

spritefan10
12-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Most people are upset by Atari's ways of communicating, and I agree. Posting about it on this thread is just a bit salty, imo - there are better places to do so.

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas everyone!

Keep in mind, this WAS posted in "ANNOUNCEMENTS". A greeting card would be more suitable in something like general discussions where it doesn't make people upset when they see in their subscription box that an update of information they've been waiting for so long was a Christmas gram.

Honestly Atari, I think I'm done with this nonsense and I'm just going to get my refund. I've been so patient with you. You've been so silent and have given no information about the dev process or what's been done to improve the game from the many problems with it. To those who think it's disrespectful for me to say this on a Christmas blog, you need a rain check. We're on a video game forum talking about a video game, remember?

shirty
12-25-2015, 11:43 AM
General discussions is for discussions actually about RCTW so by your own reckoning this would not be any more suited there, it would technically be more suited to community chat but then would it get as noticed? But why can't Atari "announce" on their own forums that they wish you and everyone else all the best?
With near 1200 views you are the only one upset... bah humbug!

spritefan10
12-25-2015, 01:23 PM
General discussions is for discussions actually about RCTW so by your own reckoning this would not be any more suited there, it would technically be more suited to community chat but then would it get as noticed? But why can't Atari "announce" on their own forums that they wish you and everyone else all the best?
With near 1200 views you are the only one upset... bah humbug!

What does any of that have to do with the main point i'm establishing here? Apparently all the people who agree with me already got there refunds and left, well I'm soon to join them. I find it odd how everyone is really too blind to see the inevitable chaos that will ensue upon the release date. Word of advice to you all, this HAS happened before with big video game companies and can happen again, remember "Duke Nukem: Forever"?

S1m0nde
12-25-2015, 07:45 PM
I too find the peep Christmas card a nice gift. Thank you Mattlab!

I know it can be difficult, and there seems to be not so much appreciation at the moment, and a lot of negativity (I know why and I concur), and you may not be allowed by Atari to communicate with us how we would like it to see, but I would like to make it clear once again that I do wish you the very best.

You deserve some appreciation! Thank you again Mattlab!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! :D

Perfect words! I absolutely agree and so I wish Mattlab and the team "FrŲhliche Weihnachten" from Germany!

CNeeble777
12-25-2015, 08:07 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE AND HAVE AN AWESOME NEW YEARS!!!!! By the way, love the peeps! I think I see Matt along with the other producers there, very nice!

RCTW1
12-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Merry Christmas to the RCTW team and everyone else.

lohansony
12-26-2015, 01:31 AM
Peep reveal?

Horsti12
12-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Perfect words! I absolutely agree and so I wish Mattlab and the team "FrŲhliche Weihnachten" from Germany!"FrŲhliche Weihnachten" from Germany too :D

Merry Christmas to everyone!

CycloneGU
12-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Now THIS is a decent way to introduce the peeps. Looking forward to seeing more of what they do and how they act in the future.

ncutt010
12-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Like the way the peeps look...very "the sims" feeling...like the peeps have individual feelings

Obviously this is a pre rendered image, but they have the right idea so far

MrBob101
12-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Steven, You look amazing....... I will include you in my peep family when the game comes out. XD

JHouston
12-31-2015, 07:07 PM
Happy new year everyone I hope this year will bring some great new rollercoaster games and more great dev blogs! I'm expecting a juicy one any day now!

shirty
12-31-2015, 07:13 PM
Pretty sure this'll get moved to community or something but still...
Happy new year to all those that it has already begun and have a great Nye-d for all those who it has yet to come to
2016 is going to be a great year for coaster games I hope its great for everyone in a whole load of other ways

JMR
12-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Happy new year! :)

It will indeed be an exciting year for theme park simulation games!

Jamie579
12-31-2015, 09:31 PM
Happy new year! Can't wait for this to be released anymore trailers coming soon?😉

Nemmie
12-31-2015, 10:33 PM
Happy new year peeps

magicart87
12-31-2015, 11:21 PM
2015 has been one heck of a ride. Here's to a fun 2016. Happy New Year fellow tycoons!

DonSPa
01-01-2016, 03:00 AM
happy new year everyone,proved to my 3 sons I could out drink them all,still the only one awake and its 2 am here lololol

JoŽlNL
01-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Happy new year and all the best to all of you! :D

CycloneGU
01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
All right, the holidays are over, time to get back to updates!

Philmon11
01-03-2016, 03:53 PM
All right, the holidays are over, time to get back to updates!

Agreed. Give us info!

CycloneGU
01-04-2016, 01:00 PM
agreed. Give us info!
DEETS.

MORE.

GOOD.

^ My opinion.

JoŽlNL
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
DEETS.

MORE.

GOOD.

^ My opinion.

Agreed here as well! Roll out info and updates on RCTW! We look forward to it!

Big_Boy
01-04-2016, 06:32 PM
Well, i hope the team had a great holliday break, and a fresh stamina to continue on the game.

I wish you a verry good and healthy year, ofcourse a good sales on the game ! you do earn it :D.

Hopefuly we see fast some movement on streams or blogs. Keep it up to good work :D

JoŽlNL
01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Well, i hope the team had a great holliday break, and a fresh stamina to continue on the game.

I wish you a verry good and healthy year, ofcourse a good sales on the game ! you do earn it :D.

Hopefuly we see fast some movement on streams or blogs. Keep it up to good work :D

^ Amen to that. I wish the team all the best for the year ahead, and good sales for RCTW! I wish it to become the great game we all have dreamed of. You can do it! :)

Big_Boy
01-06-2016, 12:55 PM
^ Amen to that. I wish the team all the best for the year ahead, and good sales for RCTW! I wish it to become the great game we all have dreamed of. You can do it! :)

Verry nice to see people do support the dev's :).

@ Mattlab, i hope you bring us some news this week. I Know the team is insane busy whit the game, you can see that on history of DBsteam :) al those updates.

Palaber1984
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
I didn't want to start new thread, so just posting here, that I'm annoyed of the hole trash threads here. Day for day I see more senseless threads.

CycloneGU
01-06-2016, 02:22 PM
I didn't want to start new thread, so just posting here, that I'm annoyed of the hole trash threads here. Day for day I see more senseless threads.

You chose a weird choice of topic to bring this up in. It would have been better in a new thread, not in a thread discussing somwething to do with the game.

JSkorzec
01-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Day 18 after the Happy Holiday wish, its hard getting food and sleeping isn't easy as well ... I also have a lack of RCTW information which is my biggest problem right now...

spritefan10
01-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Day 18 after the Happy Holiday wish, its hard getting food and sleeping isn't easy as well ... I also have a lack of RCTW information which is my biggest problem right now...

Getting a a refund may help you solve all of those problems:
*Money for food
*Money for eye mask to help sleep at night
*No longer need to lurk on RCTW forums just for a game that shows no potential as of yet.

It's a win-win.

Nemmie
01-09-2016, 09:01 PM
^ Lol, but tragically so sodding true. If only we lived in a world where communication and regular updates were possible and not just a dream. I know that getting addicted to snorting unicorn farts is more likely than that but hey ho.

CycloneGU
01-09-2016, 09:31 PM
^ Lol, but tragically so sodding true. If only we lived in a world where communication and regular updates were possible and not just a dream. I know that getting addicted to snorting unicorn farts is more likely than that but hey ho.
Y'know, you don't want to get behind one of those. It's quite a nasty experience. :p

spritefan10
01-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Y'know, you don't want to get behind one of those. It's quite a nasty experience. :p

Where does one simply inquire one of these unicorns (don't say Equestria or MLP)?

Nemmie
01-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Even I don't know where, but I'm sure it's super awesome and when you find it, you'll not be able to function as a human being and even ask any questions as you'll be so in awe. All I know is that the website selling these unicorns will let you pre-order one but won't tell you what features these unicorns have at this time but are super excited to tell you at a later date.

JoŽlNL
01-10-2016, 08:58 AM
^ lol. Thanks for the warning.

CycloneGU
01-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Even I don't know where, but I'm sure it's super awesome and when you find it, you'll not be able to function as a human being and even ask any questions as you'll be so in awe. All I know is that the website selling these unicorns will let you pre-order one but won't tell you what features these unicorns have at this time but are super excited to tell you at a later date.

In light of no updates since Christmas, I'm starting to think unicorns are not a bad idea...

SEA DOG
04-01-2016, 07:26 AM
when will the peeps look like this?